/who/ - Doctor Who General

Discarded Edition

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
metro.co.uk/2017/05/01/are-we-bored-of-doctor-who-bbc-sci-fi-loses-nearly-a-million-viewers-6608021/
twitter.com/chbid/status/886916178224001024
twitter.com/femfreq/status/846529451240271872?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for jodiekino

Anti-plastic!

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE NEED MORE ENTRIES

I guess boardies have started just making threads about this themselves rather than shitpist in /who/ because things actually seem civil here again.

Rory was the biggest beta cuck in the universe and anyone who thinks differently should be shot

If you injected a tiny bit of realism into the situation, Amy would have been fucking the doctor and rory would've been sitting in the TARDIS' cuckshed.

IT WAS FANTASTIC

Jodie is cute
C U T E

she will make a great doctor. hopefully she'll get at least 3 seasons and a feature lenght movie

/who/ im starting my first semester at college this fall and i'm getting my first apartment, is there any way to include some doctor who memorabilia/art in my apartment decor without making everybody who comes over think i'm a huge loser?

>Doctor, you've been male for billions of years, why is it important you're a woman now?
wat say?

Just include what you want. Don't worry about being weird.

>24,000 dislikes on the reveal video

wew ladz

People having been complaining about DW being too "diverse and PC".

Look at the comments, these morons were suggesting that this was why the show was "apparently" losing viewers, even though it's still one of the most watched shows every week and people watch it on iPlayer nowadays.

metro.co.uk/2017/05/01/are-we-bored-of-doctor-who-bbc-sci-fi-loses-nearly-a-million-viewers-6608021/

It's because of the diversity and political correctness
17 likes

If you're worried about hiding your power level then subtler is better. Like don't just whack a TARDIS in there. You could maybe get away with Circular Gallifreyan designs or something else only a who fan would recognise.

>It's not important? Please stop pestering me, Nardole. Thre is an alien shark chasing us!

people have opinions, wew ladz

Aaaanti-plastic!

>semester
>college

You're a burger so they won't know anything about it

twitter.com/chbid/status/886916178224001024

The curse of JNT continues

>Then why did you do it? And why are people that have never shown any interest in you before now praising you for this?

Doctor Who became kino again before it was cancelled, so Jodie's series is gonna be kino.

The metro is a london-based newspaper

If it has these comments you should be listening to them instead of dismissing them

You're some fat, stinking american, aren't you

>Nardole, I don't choose the bodies. And who are you talking about? Have you been talking about me on the interne--oh, the shark just ate your leg. You'll have to get it replaced.

Hello customers, just letting you know that the ride has just begun. We're laughing AT you. Cheers!

>But Romana DID choose her body, as did the War Doctor, it's proven that timelords have a decent amount of say in their regenerations, plus you've been dropping hints like crazy lately, specifically to appeal to this politically correct clique that before this showed no interest in you.

Not gonna lie it would have been better if Eccleston regenerated into Whittaker.

Black people are 3% of the British population, they're fucking over represented

I really like Jodie, just hope the new writers know what they're doing and make her character actually good

She almost did fuck the Doctor

The archive.is link in huge red font somehow makes this so pathetic. LOOK AT THIS OUTRAGE BEFORE THEY DELETE IT!!! SCANDALOUS!!!
Will it blow your mind to hear that I don't give a shit?

Every country has American demographics. The BBC are VASTLY underrepresenting hispanic actors.

Anti Plastic?

>Why are you breaking the fourth wall you fucking retard? God dammit Nardole sometimes I swear I hate you

PIZZA?

>Now that they have something more to complain about, their presence here will increase 10 fold.
I dunno, judging from the comment section of the teaser, there will be significantly less reactionary bigoted fucktards watching the show.
Maybe Sup Forums represents a more desperate portion of them who also have nothing to do other than shitpost, but the gender of the 13th alone is not much to whine about. They kept coming here throughout series 10 only because it kept giving them reasons to be butthurt.

more like nurse who am i right

>Why do you now have a vagina?

It's shit like this that gives us black Roman Centurions, an British Empire Army that's half white or comments like "history's a whitewash".

I'm one of the guys that loves the idea of a female Doctor, but fucking hell, stop trying to force diversity into historical settings. It's just going to give kids a warped view rather than saying "that's how things were then, but this is how things are now and they're both okay".

Hate me all you want but the Doctor is not an appropriate role for sexy young actors, male or female. Whittaker is a terrible miscast.

>...Your leg is bleeding, and you want to talk about this? Fine. Romana was, dare I say, slightly better than me at regeneration. I never paid attention to those classes. I was not the best student...people might call me a slacker. I say my interests were far more expansive than simple Academy subjects. And as the War Doctor, that regeneration was artificially triggerred on Karn--normally I don't have control. And what hints? Perhaps I subconsciously chose this form, but I think I often do. It's never conscious. Also, that glass won't hold for long, and that shark looks very hungry. I think he wants your other leg.

>as did the War Doctor
When was this? Serious question

Why are you so sexinessist? It's not her fault she's sexy. or 35

Did you even watch Night of the Doctor

That was literally the entire point

>Because I'm a shite Time Lord who can't control their regenerations

Night of the Doctor, Mcgann chose, "old or young, tall or short", it could be argued that was the potion that did that but still.

He's probably referring to when 8 asked for the 'warrior' regeneration, he didn't really know what body it was going to turn out though. In fact it was a forced regeneration by the Sisterhood's elixir anyway.

Why are you not discussing the fact that Chibs got Doctor's degree in literature today

Our modern concept of "black/white" is recent. Bigotry has always existed, but it used to be "Christian/Muslim" or "British/Irish." The categories of race we have now evolved over time.

>the Doctor is not an appropriate role for sexy young actors, male or female
You're actually quite right about Tennant.

>Fuck the Shark, I'd rather be Doctored than nursed, can'thithecan'thithecan'thit sawhing batter.

>Capaldi regenerates into Whittaker
>immediately removes her mask to reveal she's really Dr. Chris Chibnall

>white people didn't hate black people until they met them
woah

>comparing religious cleavages to racial ones

t. ahmed bin mohammed, serial child rapist

You realize the only people that keep this women relevant are the people that hate her

Why aren't they comparable?

Chibnall is the hero we deserve. He finally did what no other showrunner could, he exorcised the demon of Levine from the series forever.

who is this?

>13 cis white male incarnations
>it's hastily written into the show that timelords can now genderbend
>14th incarnation changes for the first time ever after this hastily written justification
>"Haha what the fuck is your problem, bigot? The Doctor has ALWAYS been able to change gender!"
Good shit, lads.

Are you honestly THIS retarded?

What do you hope her Doctors personality will be like?

I hope she is very motherly and warm

No. Even after white people met black people, they didn't hate them until specific groups of white people over many years distinguished themselves as better than black people. With subtle differences, depending on time and place.

>Nardole, I'm banning your Wifi use

>religious cleavage

THAT SOUNDS NAUGHTY

>implying newman didn't want 7 to be a woman

Ian Levine

The only thing you need to prove that a female Doctor is a good thing.

You can choose a religion but you can't choose a race

Was it ever stated in the shows history that timelords couldnt genderbend?

im kinda hoping for some kind of wacky and quirky personality 10th had, but with a motherly twist

>being a libertarian is the same as being chinese

who is ian levine

I'd hardly call it hasty

No, I'm just curious about your arguments.

>wacky and quirky
Anything but this.

Beloved 60 year old British TV show about a time traveling turbo Brit that's funded and shot by the British Broadcasting Company.
>Why are there so many pasty white people?!

Wow... it's a real mystery there Anita...we may never crack this case. Oh geeze...so tough. Really makes you wonder why so many of those same actors have British accents and speak English. Wjy don't they speak Cantonese? It's almost as if it's a show made by a bunch of pasty ass Brits for the British public.

>hastily written into the show
If increasing references to the concept since 2011 is "hastily", then, I suppose, yes. But what's Doctor Who lore if not made up as they go along?

I just want her to be Tom Baker with tits

Yes. But both are used as a marker for "certain traits." And back in the day, to people blaming other people, being a "Muslim" or "Christian" marked you as an infidel, at certain points in history, just as much as "black" or "white" is seen by some people as markers today.

Not really, first whites to meet blacks large scale were Portuguese explorers, and they always treat them as uncivilised savages, because everytime they came ashore they'd attack them. Before that they only knew them as slaves of the muslims, and they already hated Muslims so they thought their slaves were equally shit, if not worse.

I'm going to add myself to the camp hoping for the female equivalent of Eccleston.

>everyone wondering what her personality is like
she will be a copypaste 'muh strong female lead' character who will hate men and you know it

Well, touche, being Chinese is not the same thing as being mentally retarded.

Britain is only 85% white, London, where it's largely based, is 50% white.

>still trying to compare inter-religious conflict to inter-racial conflict

Are you a mudshit or just dense?

Why does anyone think a Doctor Who fan would write the Doctor as anyone other than the Doctor?

But will she hate men because she's strong an independent, or because she's identified as male for so long, she's still attracted to females.

Moffat isnt on the show anymore, if he was then this would be the case, but hes been replaced

6 years is hasty, relatively, when the show has ran for almost 60 years.

And as we all know, time is relative. xDxD

Puh Puh Puh

Serious question, is the companion gone, i dont mind the doctor being a hot girl but the companion being a ugly lesbo is too much.

>implying rome wasn't a melting pot
come the fuck on

No, I've studied what actual historians who study race for a living have said.

Wonder if they even watch the show or just fasts forwards through it keeping count of skin colours.

This will never not be funny: twitter.com/femfreq/status/846529451240271872?lang=en

Why does everyone have this misplaced faith in Chibnall? I just don't get it.

Because hes actually done good work before

>religion
>race

These aren't the same thing, abdul

Moffat isn't writing anymore, Chibnall can actually write good female characters who speak and act normally.

Okay

Because the alternative is too painful.

Having said that, the idiotic wild claims of how 13 will be written can be safely dismissed as bullshit. As if the sort of people who spend their lives doing Doctor Who wouldn't insist on the most rigorous dramaturgy when changing the character into a woman?
The only thing anyone need fear from Chibnall is mediocre storytelling.

>grow up with show about white cis male cucking a dirty nigger out of a blond white girl
>12 years on it's now a show about a black lesbian and a trans doctor
hmm