Why does Arya have Walder Freys voice?

Ok, I can buy the faceswapping. Sure. Whatever.

But his voice too? How about his build? Same height/weight?

The logistics of this entire scene is baffling

HOW DOES SHE HAVE HIS VOICE

Brain Brain
Your Your
Off Off
Turn Off Your Brain
Off Off
Your Your
Brain Brain

Assassin magic

Face swapping always gave you the voice though. It's magic nigga. I aint gotta explain shit

NO DABID. ANSWER THE QUESTION

HOW DOES SHE HAVE HIS VOICE

Gotta love that wonder poison that kills all those different people who all would have drunk different amounts AT THE EXACT SAME FUCKING TIME. Are we going to get this shit tier writing the whole season?

>that awkward moment when you realize people genuinely thought the faceless men literally just carved faces off of people and wore them as if they were in a mission impossible movie

She got a voice changer from Ethan Hunt.

What was the point of this scene? We already saw Arya murder Walder Frey. It's not like seeing a bunch of literal who's we never knew existed before getting murdered added anything to the story whatsoever.

>immune to stabbings
>immune to swimming in literal shitwater with an open wound
>can secretly kill very important people and turn them into pies without anyone noticing

Its so fucking stupid how strong Arya became, but the faceless men are a really bad concept in general. Everyone would just hire one instead of starting wars if the show made any sense.

that's exactly how they present it on the show

So what do they actually do?

this whole scene looked like a wet fantasy written by nerdy fat guy who sees Arya as his cool assasin bad ass gyal

pure shit. That's what it was.

such things are possible, I saw the same thing happen in a documentary called breaking bad

My biggest issue with the faceless men is that the show can make "anybody" a faceless man. Like maybe Cersei is really Tywin

This.

She singlehandedly took out an entire house without breaking a sweat. GoT is turning into everything which makes fantasy such shit.

No, you have to spend 2 seasons in plot purgatory to gain super assassin powers.

when you think about that arya cut his sons into pieces and made pie out of them and shes geting second thoughts now when the boys talked to her about all that shit

Nigga it's literal magic. What? Do you think Arya didn't actually lose her sight either and jaqen just put in some contact lenses that blocked her sight with his cat like speed?

???
I never thought that way, sure they need to tear the face of a person, and then put it into the face 'database', but after that they can use it at will.

What they never told specifically, is about voice, posture or strength e.g. would Arya be able to pick up something heavy if she wore a face of a big man (4u)

That's shitty writing tbqh

Isn't it all to do with the Many Faced God? Those who learn the ways can literally turn into other people in order to carry out death's plan or whatever.

GIRL POWER, thats how

Welcome to why the fantasy genre is shit. Anytime you want anything done you just throw magic in it and done. No need for a clever explanation. Look back to every single time magic was used in the show and realize that it's used as a replacement for the author to find a creative way for their story to progress in the way they want it to.

It was the THIS IS DARK SOU.... I mean THIS IS GAME OF THRONES moment that completely misses what people like about the series.

"They like big body counts right? They like characters being badass right?"

No people like cleverly thought out twists with characters with hidden motives that in restrospect are obvious. They like characters that are flawed or who you love to hate. They like having characters where you're always second guessing their plans and are constantly having to manouvre themselves politically.

They don't want a cast of 'badass' Mary Sues who can suddenly slaughter entire rooms of warriors with ease and who are all suddenly talking about how terrible men are and how they can fight too.

That is exactly how it is on the show though bookfaggot

>it's an entire season of moving pieces into place with nothing satisfactory actually happening until the final season

wew lad, can't wait for something exciting or interesting to almost happen

I think its just Arya breaking the faceless man code. Shes a rouge. I still agree though, shes over powered at this point.

Just a reminder that one of the strongest warriors in the series died from a tiny cut. God I miss the grounded writing we got when it was still 90% GRRM.

How did they not notice Walder's body resembled a hob goblin more so than usual

They know what drooling normies want. Just look at those reaction videos from that bar on YouTube. The "badass" moments are met with raucous applause

They don't want to spend time on how the Frey house tears itself apart after Walder dies. Better just to say "We've killed all the freys that matter so no need to think about the house anymore"

Sam spends months cleaning shit and risks his safety by stealing restricted information to learn what Stannis straight up said to him in season 5.

It will take an episode for Jon to get the letter.

It will take an episode for Jon to teleport to Dragonstone

It will take 3 episodes for Jon to convince danny to stop being a retard, then the season finishes with a mining permit.

I'm not buying the shitty dialogue last two seasons

exactly.

Not to mention that she would have had to stay like that for weeks whilst gathering the family. All whilst no one notices that the sons are dead and 'his' wife remains oblivious.

I can understand why D&D made certain houses or people of certain regions have uniform, easily identified clothing and armor, but when it comes to the Freys, it was just ridiculous. Every single of the dozens of men present at the feast wore those caps, like every Frey in the whole series always has, save Walder. Do they really think the audience is so stupid that it can't comprehend the members of a certain group having slightly different attires?

>Stannis told me, but it wasn't important
This shit makes literally no sense

Let's complain about assassin magic in a show where dragons soar in the skies.

>Do they really think the audience is so stupid that it can't comprehend the members of a certain group having slightly different attires?

They're not wrong.

>tfw too retarded for internal logic

This season will be all about Dany taking Kings Landing.

It will end with the Wall falling, and the White Walkers coming through.

Next season will be the final battle.

We're here to see Cersei Lannister

Some suspension of disbelief is fine but what made GoT special in the genre of fantasy was that it tried to keep shit grounded and had a focus on politicking.

They didn't invent assassin magic. George did. Taking someone's face isn't just a mask. Somehow a part of their personality comes with it.

I don't get what's so complicated about this to you faggots, the faceless men always literally turn into the person whose face mask they wear, WHAT'S SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

And that gradually changed in the books too. Right from Dany being reborn in fire, magic started to come back.

Did George write a scene in which a little girl bakes someone into a pie undetected and murders 50 people inconspicuously?

>mostly realistic fantasy world where fantastical elements are heavily limited and come at a high cost

It's lazy fucking writing abandoning internal logic.

They may as well write Anya saying 'alakazham' and every person on her list instantly drops dead and the world is saved.

Dragons are very rare, hard as hell to control and the literally only reason why anyone gives a shit about Danny, Its fantasy, but it makes sense, people fear the dragons although theyre pretty inconvenient to handle.

Assassin magic makes absolutely no sense. Jaqn and Arya are borderline gods of murder, the Waif was just an apprentice and stronger than Arya, so we can assume that all faceless men are ridicolously strong. Theyre even cheap enough that some people hire them to murder some random actress or merchant.
But all the powerful rulers of Westeros never even think of hiring a faceless man, theyd rather send all their men to die and MAYBE win a war. Its just shit writing.

not quite

Might aswell turn Jon into Superman and make his laser vision kill ice walkers with ease.

The Hurr durr it's a fantasy show excuse is idiotic. The rules that has been set in the world must kept if the writers don't want to break the immersion. It must be realistic in the world that has been laid out to us. The reason people are complaining is the fact that, that scene was not realistic in the world that we have seen so far, unless everyone in the Frey family turned into retards for a couple of weeks, which is very implausible. So fuck off.

Wouldn't it have been better to not show Arya killing Walder first? That way it's an actual surprise reveal that hes actually Arya in disguise?
Or maybe they're leading up to that sort of reveal when Jaime kills Cersei and pulls off his face to reveal that Arya has already infiltrated kings landing

There is no contradiction of internal logic here.

You don't need a whole body for a pie, she could have just a piece of thigh and a hand for the pie and hid the rest of the body in a wardrobe.

Honestly that makes it even more convoluted

And it was very fortunate that none of the Freys were straight edge

Zombies, rockmen, dragons, shadow magic, ressurections, elves just to name a few.

>Might aswell turn Jon into Superman and make his laser vision kill ice walkers with ease.
would unironically be better than what we will get

How?

There is no logic at all.

The reason that not everyone, but few salty losers complain is because they are jealous of the show's success.

To be honest if I was a straight edge Frey and Walder raised a toast i'd fucking drink. No fucking way that old coot is going to fuck with me because i'm too proud to drink a bit of whine.

Straight edge is millenial faggotry

Yeah the dragons and magic are believable but this just doesn't make any sense

The fact magic is starting to work more and more for real, ever since around the birth of the dragons, is kind of major plot point in the series.

Before it was parlor tricks, empty tradition, or super secret high level mysteries shit that still didn't work 1/10 as well as it does now. Before hand maybe the faceless men couldn't change their faces so well. But then again, they are literally rumored to be the best assassins in the entire world.

>But all the powerful rulers of Westeros never even think of hiring a faceless man
Yes they do. I don't know if it was in the show, but hey talk about just that in hiring the faceless men to kill Dany. Problem is they charge on a scale, and the Iron Throne is broke. Also it's not clear if they take every contract offered.

It's clearly fucking magic.

Was she even done with her training?

Tbqh its a blast coming here reading how triggered you fucking autists get.

i would scrap everything if some shit blog applied the word 'badass' to something i wrote

I'll bet you use the word "epic" unironically you utter mango

How does she fake the hands?

She soaked them in water.

Have you heard of the high elves?

>dragons, magic fire priests, ice zombies, and necromancy are fine
>HURR HOW DID ARYA CHANGE HER VOICE ITS NOT LIKE THEY SPENT 2 FUCKING SEASONS SHOWING YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FACELESS MEN AND THE MANY FACED GOD AND HOW ALL OF THIS WORKS

>Problem is they charge on a scale, and the Iron Throne is broke. Also it's not clear if they take every contract offered.
They don't necessarily charge via gold either. If Robert tried to hire them to kill Dany they could have easily asked for something like his first born sons life as payment. And it's not like you want to go back on a contract with the best assassins in the world.

Were talking about the show here, and in the books they "talk" about going for the free win, but dont do it. Bullshit.
Pretty much every lord is happy to send entire armies to death and risk their own lifes.
The "hurr theyre expensive" excuse makes no sense either. Whats the point of assassins if not even the richest people of an entire continent can afford them?

>pointin' bullshit in da show
>hurr durr you saying that because you're jealous

wew lad

The show has more than enough desperate characters like Oberyns idiot gf who would gladly give everything up to murder someone. But no one ever considers it, better scheme up some bullshit.

Exactly. The crowd that loves to watch Walking Dead have crossed over into Game of thrones. Everything I loved about this show in the beginning is basically gone.

>that exchange with this gremlin
CRINGE

what episode do they explain the voice/body stuff

>Normies reaction: YES!!! You go girlfriend!!! You teach those white men how it's done in DA NORF!!!!!

I laughed heartily at this scene because it was so stupid.

It was the most ridiculous girl power fantasy I've ever seen in any medium.

Why does her height change? Why does she have his hair and voice? It's all so ridiculously stupid

>The "hurr theyre expensive" excuse makes no sense either. Whats the point of assassins if not even the richest people of an entire continent can afford them?
They're a death cult first and foremost. And kings can afford them. They just probably wouldn't want to pay the cost. It's a matter of how much you have to give.

Like remember when you went to church as a kid and got told that a poor man donating 10 dollars to the church is more noble than a rich man donating 10,000? The cost for the faceless men is similar to that in that the cost is largely dependent on who you are and what you have. Some poor farmer could probably hire them to kill a fairly important lord by offering his own life as payment.

Logistics in this show don't matter. Funny because Gurm that fat bastard spends like 500 pages describing the tiniest details but in the show dabid are just like FUCK THAT.

>but it's magic we ain't gotta explain shit!

Basically this is the answer to this poor writing.

HOW MANY PEOPLE IN WESTEROS ARE SECRETLY FACELESS MEN?

Apparently all you have to do is take someones face and you get their voice and body.. so its possible that literally anyone in the show could be a faceless man

So Arya fucked Walder's wifes? I mean, she had to, right?

Because DABID

its magic we don't have to explain it

you can't complain about plot holes because at some point magic was used in the show.

got it.

>It was the most ridiculous girl power fantasy I've ever seen in any medium.

Honestly, the whole fucking episode was like this. Sansa getting shut down and Brienne getting hit on by Tormund were the only real reminders that this is a medieval show where women are normally second-class citizens. Every other scene was "women are equal or better than men" or "men are the worst".

They're not the richest. The Iron Bank is broken, as stated in both series and books, the Lannisters (the owners of Gold Mines) are broke as stated by Tywin and implied in the books, Dorne is dying, the North and Iron Isles are pure shit and the whole 7 Kingdoms are at war. The Tyrells and Hightowers are the only ones with monetary influence as the winter descends.

Which is why there was a alliance between King's Landing and Highgarden. Why do you think the Iron Bank (which makes the political situation in Bravos, and the House of the Undying fuckery with it, important) is running around in the books? Loans.

The removal of logistics from the series is a big issue. We don't really need to see things get solved, but it could be at least acknowledged.

I certainly enjoy seeing mistreated women!

>Every other scene

What are we using as a metric here? That little spiel about teaching everyone to fight?

I dunno, just generally speaking, is it not logical to train everyone with a pulse and an inclination how to wield a sword or spear when an apocalyptic confrontation is on the doorstep?

>are broke as stated by Tywin and implied in the books
Is that really implied in the books? Has DABID written all over it.