First Trailer for Texas Chainsaw Massacre Prequel 'Leatherface'

youtube.com/watch?v=AbhOWHvrnto

hopefully better than Texas Chainsaw 3D. That was laughably bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3441746/friday-13th-rights-battle-heats/
youtube.com/watch?v=nY7n9IKerag
youtube.com/watch?v=5QZsxXEVcsE
youtube.com/watch?v=QSAL3kXt-ps&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>there were reshoots
>in September it's being released on DirecTV
>in October it's being released on VOD and in a handful of theaters
Everything about this screams disaster.

>not shot in Texas

that actually looks shit

I've been waiting for so long. I'm afraid I won't like it so I'm not gonna watch it.

Looks like Eric Andre from the thumbnail.

>people still watch new texas chainsaw massacre movies
if you paid to watch anything after TCM2 you are a part of the problem

It actually looks fine but...ITS ANOTHER FUCKING REMAKE

dont support this normie shit

the first two movies only.

NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE

>male like stomach

groce desu

The only good thing about this trailer is that it didn't play a 3-second trailer for itself at the start like everything does nowadays.

Virgin detected

lol how old are you?

So how many white women will be lusting after niggers in this one?

who the fook is that guy?

Why do I remember there already being a Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel?

That was a prequel to the remake. This shit is a prequel to the original 1974 Tobe Hooper film.

I support the fuck I want, we're not your personal army

>chainsaw as birthday present
>spooky children music sang in the trailer
LMAO what a piece of trash, but i have a weak spot for lore and gore and whatever that police shit was :^)

which ones should I watch from the whole series? people say the first remake was good

dont cut yourself mr edge :^)

What kind of conversation even goes on around these movies? "Yeah, well it's not as bad as 3D but it's certainly no The Next Generation!" I was thinking the same thing when I saw another Amityville Horror movie being made. Who is watching this shit?

yup, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

See Lionsgate
No thanks, I'll move on.

The only good thing about the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the final shot. That's the only reason it's remembered.

/thread

>That's the only reason it's remembered.
Yeah, absolutely nobody remembers it for the dinner scene, the reveal of Leatherface with the hammer, the meathook impalement, or everything else in the fucking movie for that matter. Consider actually watching something before you talk about it.

I might watch it just for Lili Taylor's minimal appearance as the mom.

TCM movie this year and Halloween movie next year, new Friday the 13th WHEN!!

It's money laundering.

Wasnt there a one movie called leatherface like the 3rd one maybe?

There was no blood in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, there is blood in the fucking trailer for this one.

>new Friday the 13th WHEN!!

Got some bad news user…

>The article at THR breaks down the filings and what each side is alleging, which is based around the idea of “work for hire” and where the concept for the film and character were created. Victor Miller, the original film’s scriptwriter, claims he wasn’t employed when he wrote the movie and thus is looking to terminate a grant of rights and reclaim ownership. In the 1970s, the U.S. Congress amended copyright law to allow this and Miller is looking to do exactly that.

>While the full implications aren’t explained, the website theorizes this Friday the 13th horror story: The franchise is ripped apart. In the United States, new films in the canon are made but without the “Jason” character. Outside the country, other Friday the 13th sequels come — these with “Jason” — but are banned domestically.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3441746/friday-13th-rights-battle-heats/

What is the mindset to be in when watching TCM2? Is it supposed to be scary and funny? Or just funny?

It's definitely a comedy but it's got that sleazy weirdness to it that makes it a little unsettling I guess.

There was some blood at the very end when Leatherface's chainsaw falls on his leg and hurts his thigh.

homos

Why is this always so true

it is a literal mark of the beast

>captcha: AMO MOLOC escluso
>I exclusively love Moloch

whoa...

>everything memorable about it is after the first half
Shit.

yep
youtube.com/watch?v=nY7n9IKerag

What an awesome trailer.

>Leatherface reveal
>After the first half
Why don't you try to watch the movie first?
Also: that shot of the monument at the start.

Shit movie though. Absolute garbage.

The 2003 remake is one of the best horror remakes out there but that isn't saying much since most of them are shit.

There is blood in the movie, just not gushing out of open wounds.

Bruh we have picture captchas now why are you lying

Just watch the first one and ignore all the rest, remakes and prequels included.

TCM2 was shit.

And the whole intro sequence with the flashes of light and bones and stuff.
Shit, you're right.

It's unironically the best in the series.

Fuck wrong with her stomach

Which one is ironically the best?

It's great at establishing a weird and uneasy atmosphere right at the opening, building some tension in the hitch-hike scene, do the typical "and then there were none" for a bit and then go completely fucking bonkers in the last 20 minutes. It's a great rollercoaster of a movie.
Almost like the polar opposite of Halloween.

The 1974 original is a 10/10 must watch horror masterpiece. 2 is a bonkers comedy that abandons the gritty realism of the original, I highly recommend it although some people hate it since it's completely different from the original. The rest of the series is pure SHIT. Just pretend that 2 was the end of the series.
It's one of the best horror comedies of the 1980s.

No, it's garbage and the only way you could consider it the best, is ironically.

>It's one of the best horror comedies of the 1980s.
No, it isn't. It's fucking lame and unfunny.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QZsxXEVcsE

>Creepshow
>Return of the Living Dead
>Evil Dead II
>An American Werewolf in London
>Night of the Creeps
>Re-Animator
>Gremlins
>Bad Taste
>Basket Case
>Brain Damage
>Monster Squad
>Society

Just naming movies off the top of my head, it doesn't even break into the top 10 of horror comedies from the 80s.

>monster squad
>horror
Goonies with universal monsters doesn't equal horror. You'd have a better time arguing The Burbs as horror and definitely the better of the two

>leatherface origin story where they're going to make him sympathetic again
gay, gay as fuck

Jason killing millennials would have been perfect

Looks alright, but TCM 2 is the best sequel.

But TCM:TNG is bad movie kino. I want a commentary track just to know what the fuck they were thinking.

Wes Craven died so I doubt there will be another scream. It's a shame because I love the scream movies

TM is comedic at times and, according to the director, that was intended. Makes sense, I laughed at the scene where the grandpa held the hammer (TCM2 does it similiarly, but it's trying so hard to be funny that is jus fails on so many levels). It's much, much better to unite very gruesome images and emotions with very retarded scenes as it makes it all the funnier.
Having said that, besides that and the final shot... yes, there was the meathook scene and Leatherface's reveal. There was also the retard in the wheelchair who was super annoying. And the bitch who survived who did nothing but scream (the cuts to her psycho shit in act 3 is annoying) and be a bitch towards the wheelchair guy.
I don't know how much of the comedy was intended, but the girl fucking ran for 10 minutes straight away from Leatherface in the night. I am sure it was kind of intentionally laughable, but still.
Similarly, it was somewhat entertaining once she arrived at the family's house with the rest of the bunch. Took about 10 minutes. I also still wonder what happened to the black dude at the end because HE was not rescued. The rescue scene went on too long for no real reason, other than create suspense and fake hope. Gets boring.
The dialogue was super simplistic because many things were just being repeated over and over again. It is not just obvious in the cannibal's house, but with the wheelchair guy as well. "sally here, but sally that" and he keeps repeating the same shit. Maybe it was supposed to be funny, but the character as a whole always talked bout the same shit. It was damn funny when he fell, however.

In any case, the movie is ok. just ok

Only if they are depicted similiarly to the peace squad in Rambo 4 where they're so against violent and just victimizing the entire time that you want them to be killed.
This, however, leads to a problem where you don't want to watch the fucking movie until the killings start. Of course, that'd be easily solved, so there is that.

please just make them stop

I watched all of TCM yesterday and today. TCM2 is fine because it has a different tone, but it's not funny. And it's not scary. It tries to be funny, fails. It tries to be scary, but it fails because it tries too hard to be funny.
Leatherface is funnier in 1 than he is in 2 because it's so over-the-top and shallow.

>A comedy featuring classic horror monsters is not a horror comedy
Sure thing, pal. What's a horror comedy then? Because if it's an attempt to being scary or disturbing, TCM2 certainly fails at that miserably, except for 1 scene.
And sure, you could add The Burbs there as well if you want, you're only making TCM2 look even worse.

That's the point though. It was a comedy that featured classic monsters but there was not a horror element to the movie at all

>I'm not your pal, buddy

>3 is bad meme

Literally the best one

>tcm remake was bad
Kill your self

3 is jus as bad as every other sequel. It features metal music and is kind of self-aware, but not really. It's just trying to be an entertaining slasher, but it doesn't even have a lot of gore or interesting kills. Or a kill count. It's fucking boring.
2 is bad, 3 is worse. 4 is kinda interesting, but it features the worst aspects of 2 and 3.
1 is fine for what it is.

Texas chainsaw 3D

DO UR THANG CUZ

What's the horror element in TCM2? Dennis Hopper running around sawing some wood and yelling shit?

>no vagina bones
Keh, i bet she can't even win against cock

It's not a meme, it's just a fucking shit movie. Even more so with the theatrical ending.

The girl's hair

Smh you're literally never going to get it. You're probably the same asshole that will was philisophical about how David Lynch sucks because it doesn't make sense to you and about how they haven't made a good horror movie in at least 25 years

Will wax

Fuck off, he#s right. The movie is not scary, it's not horror because it's trying TOO hard to be funny. It starts with annoying white people and continues with incredibly half-witty dialogue that never ends.
Dennis Hopper with a chainsaw running around for ten minutes before anything happens isn't any better. Or did you laugh or got scared when Leatherface did innuendo with her chainsaw D:D::

New Scream written and directed by the guys who made The Lego Batman Movie would be the most kino Scream since Scream 2.

Just watch 1974 and the 2003 remake.

The rest are shit.

Yeah your troll mask slipped with the emojis

youtube.com/watch?v=QSAL3kXt-ps&t=
literally better than heath ledger's joker.

Your arguments are flat, or rather non-existing. You're a retard who can't understand people's opinions or flat-out refuses them. You can't argue against anything. All you do is avoid criticizm and hope your tired insults is enough to stop them. You'll never change, and that is sad.

No I just called you out for being that faggot that uses emojis on fucking Sup Forums of all places. Take your normie toys and fuck off back to r*ddit or facebook

The cast is all whites

That music ruins it.

You are a literal retard, well done. you even censor reddit. Are you scared of it?
Remember: moot has no problems with the forum and said himself that he likes them more than the people moaning about redditors coming to this place :)

The remake is shit too. The original and 2 are the only worthwhile TCM movies.

Isnt that what TTCM: The Beginning was about?

They're starting to reboot prequels now, wow.

Nostalgia just means that Hollywood doesn't have to try to make anything quality.
They're banking on you being pleased just to see familiar things.
If it's a shit story, they'll just slap a recognizable franchise on top of it and make a billion dollars.

>That was a prequel to the remake. This shit is a prequel to the original 1974 Tobe Hooper film.

Everything about this post is ridiculous (and true), but that's where the movie industry is at now.

I saw "DirecTV" and dropped it.

>that mask

Did they have a budget of $100?

Holy shit when he came out of the vault with the chainsaw literally gave me a jump.

Ironically, its the one movie where they had AAA actors. Before they were famous

But I like David Lynch, and TCM2 is still a shit movie, which fails miserably at both horror (which doesn't even attempt anyway) and comedy (which falls flat 90% of the time).