Why is DC so obsessed with killing Robin?

Why is DC so obsessed with killing Robin?

to be fair, DC kills everyone

They're expendable, unlike Batman

Announcing who is going to die in a press release way before a comic comes out is so fucking retarded.

Debatable, he didn't actually die but he was more dead than Dick's "death"

Jason
Damian
Dick (for like 3 seconds)
Steph

He's the only one that hasn't died. Its become a tradition

there are too many of them

they should kill off at least 75% of them and just leave them dead

good thing dc didn't actually do it

If you need the reader to be surprised by a character death then it probably doesn't mean much

DC is now all about legacy, and they have all died (or 'died'), except Tim.

It's his turn now.

Its actually a secret Batman plot to kill Robin before he squeals to the cops about all the years of molestation in the mansion

And that is why it's such a good thing that fan favorites Duke and Harper are not Robins, as thus we don't need dread their demise!!

if DC hates Robins so much how come they insist on making so many?

They sell

I want Tim to stay alive.
Something he can dangle over the heads of the others.
That and something resembling a stable love life.

>jon lane kent.

is... is current Jon going to become the crazy evil bastard Kon was cloned from?

God why did Lobdell have ruin so many characters in such complicated ways

YJ crew minus Tim literally isn't appearing anywhere and got replaced by Damian and his upcoming team

Editorial mandates to ruin them so Lobdell went a little crazy
it's his thing
give him an order and he'll execute it in a Silver-Age-esque madness
DC killed YJ, Lobdell was jut a creative bullet

killing batgirl would be fridgerator trope

That doesn't make sense when they killed Steph as Robin. Gender obviously doesn't matter.

well at least this means tim/steph is dead

Tim Drake dies in Detective Comics.
It's a ruse in part by Clayface and Tim.

he's the l33t haxxor skillz man

This sounds more plausible. Classic shapeshifter plot.

>jason goes undercover in his book
>tim fakes his death

lol

You mean like Harper. Or Harper's brother. Or Duke. Or Barbara. Or Barbara's roommate. Or... The tech angle is fucked, there are a billion and one tech people.

Black Robin, when?!

duke is black robin in all but name

It's to show that no one can be Batman except Bruce. He's not just an archetype, he's a symbol all in his lonesome. No one can be Batman except him.

It's why his personality doesn't change. It's why no one else can truly don the cape, only be something else in relation to the original Batman. He's something bigger than just a character. The robins exist only to further accentuate that.

If you take a boy with you to fight madmen, and the child dies, you're a horrible person. I think it's DCs way of acknowledging that Bruce is fucking crazy and his kind of crazy has consequences.

but he's the only tech guy in a robin costume

>2edgy4me

>I think it's DCs way of trying to boost sales by killing off an iconic character yet again
ftfy

>make a Robin
>it works
>character evolves
>make another
>it sort of works
>let's try something new and kill him
>it works
>make another
>it works
>make another
>it's not working very well
>make another
>hey, stop it
>make another
>make another
>SEND HELP
>make another

tl;dr they have no idea what to do with too many robins

Batman should just have a fetish in universe

If anything we should be thankful that DC is getti getting rid of that imposter

I'm still hoping for Lark, because I like the bird theme being expanded. :)

YOU FORGOT ONE, user.
(I'M NOT MAD. OH WAIT, YES I AM)

It probably is, that was name in the Endgame page where he appears in costume

Should have kept Jason dead, and then merge Barbara and Tim's backstories (both were inspired by Batman)

How would Sup Forums feel if DC decided to off "Tim Drake," Bar Torr, and clone of Jon Kent, then introduce the real Tim Drake, Bart Allen, and Kon-El, saying it's just a huge coincidence that they share the same names as those three. I mean, it wouldn't be the most convoluted thing to happen in a comic book.

People who think you still get comic news at SDCC are even more stupid

Plus in the Detective Comics #27 Super Far Future story about the millions of cloned Bruces, there was a case for Lark.

...every Gotham vigilante is inspired by Batman...
Cept maybe Black Canary, pre-Flashpoint.

No, he isnt even part of the Bat-Family, he isnt Azrael or Huntress tier either

Wait, what's this about not being the real Tim Drake?

Peeps think that n52 Tim Drake isn't enough like Post-Crisis Tim, so they say he's not the same.

I think he's different, but he's still within the range of Tim for me.

The Nu52 "Tim Drake" is actually some random Olympic athlete who is also a genius hacker and detective. He discovered who Batman's identity is, then hacked into Penguin's banking accounts just for fun. Because of the latter case, Penguin tried to have him and his family assassinated. The FBI stepped in and relocated his family and gave him the name "Tim Drake." He was also "never a Robin," apparently, because Lobdell decided to make him Red Robin from the start.

So, since "Tim Drake," "Bart Allen," and "Kon-El" are not real, it's a possibility that DC might return the real them.

easy question, good

Because the comicbook industry is completely out of ideas, like Hollywood, which is why they're only interested in regurgitating the same crap that worked once before as a guaranteed sale while they put a few people on risky endeavors with some social justice element that they think will make for good advertising on their risk.

>which is why they're only interested in regurgitating the same crap that worked once before as a guaranteed sale while they put a few people on risky endeavors with some social justice element that they think will make for good advertising on their risk.

Exhibit A: Rebirth

How's he different? I haven't read much nu52.

So, different origin, parents are still alive (though the death of Tim's dad in Identity Crisis was kinda BS), and called himself Red Robin instead of Robin?

How's his personality different?

Well, as I said, I'm okay with n52 Tim, but the thing most people point out is that he's a bit of a showoff. Post-Crisis Tim tended to be a bit more of a shy, modest nerdy type, whereas Tim as written primarily by James Tynion and Scott Lobdell is much more aware of just how smart he is. (Tomasi has zero clues about how to write Tim.)

kill duke.

Damn you, and your snobby fetish-shaming!
Different strokes for different folks, man!

Think it's supposed to be a thing about how Batman is a "failure" as a mentor

Keep Dick and Damian
Keep Barbara and the Birds
Keep Jason (as a villain)
Keep Duke (till Snyder finishes his story)

Kill Tim. Cass and Steph need to make like Flamebird and disappear.

...why do you hate fun, user?

Especially fun

Once again the big two just cant help but give away the ending to their stories for the sake of a lame social media marketing campaign.

I'm confused, isn't Tim sposta' be captured by Joker#3 and tortured until he turns into Joker#4?
Come on people, stick to the plan!

Steph and Cass haven't been fun since 2011 and 2006, respectively. It's time to move on. They need to be brought back by writers who actually want to use them for them, not as wallpaper and fucksleeves for the adventures of Tim Drake, featuring Batwoman.

Except DC didn't give it away and we still don't know what's really gonna happen