What the fuck was the point?

Nothing fucking happened in this movie. Where the fuck was the war? Where were the battle scenes at? The whole fucking movie was just Apes crying and sad music. How the fuck did Reeves sit down and watch war films and walk away with this? This should've been the Logan of this franchise. Fucking hell.

It was really good.

War film does not mean one battle for 2 hours, the characters were all well developed. The action was good, the music was good, the CGI is the best any film has ever been, and the shots were amazing.

It was MONKINO, and a great end to the trilogy.

There were literally two battle moments which were less than 5 minutes each and at the beginning and the end. It's a complete bait and switch. It also doesn't help you can see all of the plot points from a mile away.

What memorable characters are there? The series is built off of Caesar and maybe Maurice, no one else.

Fuck off to /Reddit/

The war is the battle for survival :')

>he wanted saving private bonobo
>He got ape-pocalypse now
>This angers and confuses the pleb

>not loving Rocket

What's wrong with you?

Ceasar
Maurice
Rocket
Bad Ape
The Colonel

Even Winter was pretty memorable, although he wasn't much in it.

Anyways, plz tell me how many memorable characters exist in Die Hard 1, The Raid, The Bourne identity, etc. Sometimes it's not really about the amount of characherts, but rather the depth.

>le throwing poo as a plot device

K I N O
I
N
O

That part was actually classic. Shows just how easily humans can be manipulated and deserve to be overthrown as the dominant species.

I miss Caesar boys, the pain will go away in time right?

they tricked everyone by only showing action in the trailers

>cuck

>he literally openly just wanted splosions

I liked Caesar but I sided with the Colonel
everything he said made sense
Caesar got all of the Apes captured by ditching them, to seek revenge
he abandoned his people over his son dying, whereas the Colonel killed his own son for the greater good like a leader needs to
and we know that the world becomes overrun by Apes also, so he was right about exterminating the virus spreading
if I was in that world, I wouldn't want the human race to fucking end

Fuck you, Rocket best ape

Dawn > War > Rise

Probably the best Trilogy in recent memory.

So you were rooting for the humans?

>Die Hard 1
Bruce Willis
Alan Rickman
Cocky black guy
Carl from Family Matters
Obnoxious yuppie
Wife
Vaguely Germanic underling
Principal from the Breakfast Club

>Missing the central point of the movie

Caesar's whole character arc in this film is him doing the wrong thing, because he was blinded by hatred like Koba, and having to overcome it.

I know that
the problem was that he didn't deserve to win in the end
you don't give somebody a huge tragic flaw like an obsession with revenge to the point that it drives you to make mistakes and screw over everybody then at the end get Batman-tier plot armour
he dies on his own terms like a week later or something
I loved the entire film, when I thought that guy he spared at the start was going to kill him for sure
and he did, but I was expecting the Donkey to blast the gas tank with the grenade launcher and kill them all instead of just killing the guy who shot Caesar then we have to see an avalanche and all of this other bullshit happen
he could have died as a tragic hero, but instead we have to see him do tons of super cool action stuff
the ending just let me down to be honest user

This film was amazing! This is truly the best trilogy in recent years.

>Rooting for the guy that the actual US Military thought was an enough of an out of control, crazed zealot that they needed to come down and squash him

>Not appreciating a character overcoming his potential fatal flaw before it led him and his people to ruin.

Plot armor I give you though.

>avalanche kills the only good guys in the movie
Why

Apekino you fucking retard what the fuck are you even doing?

I might want to see the Beginning of the Dawn of the End of the Fight for the Passage to the Ship that will take us on a Journey to the Planet for a War with the Apes.

I rooted for him and was happy that he overcame it in the end and I was happy he admitted he was just like Koba, but it really was just the plot armour that I hated
the movie just kept on going at the end
I guess the final scene may have made up for it but the fucking people sitting on the two rows below where I was sitting were all talking out loud and I barely even took it in
all I remember is Maurice saying that Cornelius will know about Caesar from them

giving Caesar and Maurice that heartfelt scene was well done. I agree Caesar could have died during the battle or the avalanche but then him and Maurice wouldnt get to have said goodbye

>a bloo bloo bloo where was my ebin monekey war
>bloo bloo why didn't Caesar have a boss battle with the Colonel

Neck yourself you fucking faggot

>Why did the colonel personally lead the attack on Caesars camp
>why did the little girl not react to her dad dying but to a gorilla she knew for five minutes
>why were there no guards in the prison camp
>why was there a shit ton of explosives right next to the soldiers defensive positions

>This should've been the Logan of this franchise.
It's a far better film than Logan

>Where was the war

Stopped reading right there. You brainlets need to realize a war is more than just endless fucking gunfire and explosions

>Where the fuck was the war? Where were the battle scenes at?

t. brainlet

i dont think so. He's was real to me damn it.

We've seen him from an infant to his death. His last sight was of his people happy, free and safe. He earned rest.

>Saving Primate Bonobo
>Ape-pocalypse now
I want these movies to be made

Dude was nuts. He had a vendetta against the monkeys
>why did the little girl not react to her dad dying but to a gorilla she knew for five minutes
I'm not convinced that was her father. But I think she was made retarded by the virus and only started getting better once she started learning sign language.
>why were there no guards in the prison camp
There were, they were just shit at their job
>why was there a shit ton of explosives right next to the soldiers defensive positions
A very good question. Biggest plot hole I saw

Not that guy but, I did have somewhat of a problem that there were no "human" human characters in it. All there was was a mute girl with the "savage" disease and the colonel, which seemed like he was a little too crazy to get behind.
I know that this is supposed to be the apes finally taking dominance over the planet, but I think they could have explored the tragic part of the extermination of the human species a little more. Also why wouldn't you support your own species you self-hating cuckshit

>You can justify any stupid old shit by having the character be CUUHHRRAAAZZZYYYYYY

Shit writing.

DUDE NAZIS LMAO

DUDE HOLOCAUST LMAO

If he lead an attack on the camp to kill Caesar, why didn't he kill Caesar immediately after they captured him?

Regarding the explosives and munitions, I thought the Colonel had said that the base had been a weapons depot before being turned into a medical center or something

Not a criticism

So your saying that the colonel wasn't nuts?
Cuase, he was. Anyone who needs to maintain authority by having their dissenters killed has crossed a sanity line.

Although, I'd say the colonel was leading by example to inspire confidence in his men.

muh kang ceaser

I haven't seen any of these, are they all prequels leading up to the original 60s one

Yeah but to just leave the fuel tank open and exposed was just stupid. There was no excuse for that.

Why didn't they check out the tunnels underneath their hamfisted holocaust ripoff camp? If I was the colonel and was managing a bunch of inhuman animals, I would make sure that there would be no way on earth they could escape

to leverage Cesar into allowing the apes to work rather than shooting him in the head and risking ape revolt, which would lead to the pertinent wall not being built

That's true.

I'm saying that contrived shit like this getting a pass because the character who pulls it off is batshit is lazy as fuck

Yes and no

It is a reboot, as in the first one you can see on a newspaper "LOST IN SPACE?" with a spaceship on the front cover

however unlike the originals, the world isn't destroyed by nuclear war but a virus (which is also what makes the apes smart)

>let's keep their talking, intelligent leader alive so he can tell our slave labor to do slave labor and build a wall to fight helicopters

Only gripe. Still a good movie.

He's doing what they call shitposting you fucking newfag

leaving them open and exposed , yeah that was dumb, but id say the tanks were already there and there was no real way to move them or any way to transfer the fuel to other tanks. nor do i think it would of been logical to just drain them since I assume the fuel is used for living purposes , seeing as the base was not meant to be defended in such a way.

>James Franco dooms the world because his dad got in the wrong car

>I want these to be made.

Just wait in a few years when some Jewfag director remakes them with an all nigger cast.

but theoretically, 2 movies from now could be an essential remake of the original?

Also, it was pretty clear the colonel was obssesed with history. He wanted to be the one to kill Ceaser, to be remembered for killing Ceaser.

Of course once he captured Ceaser he had no reason not to kill him. Except maybe to feed his ego but that doesn't quite seem right.

amid the barrage of missiles from the helicopters and whatnot at the end you're trying to tell me not a single one hit the tankers which exploded and took the whole base with them? seemed like a heavy fucking onslaught for not one to get hit by some stray explosive.

Apekino

/thread

It was hit by some stray bullets, thats why it was leaking.

>Carl from Family Matters

remembering a character from SOMETHING ELSE doesn't count you fucking sperg.

Wait so where exactly do the apes live/control now? Or are they global wtf

Yeah I couldn't tell if those tanks were already there or if they were brought in. I assumed the same as you.

Caesar: I offered you mercy

Colonel: You're stronger than us. Smart as hell. You will replace us eventually. You call that mercy?

He's just looking out for the human species. He spelled it out in the movie.

Apes are global but Ceasar's tribe are in an """"Desert Oasis""""
I feel like this is some sorta garden of edin reference

even one movie

And not all the apes are smart like Caesar, right? Only the ones that were infected in the ape sanctuary and their descendants? Unless it's air borne and affects the other apes, but does that mean other animals can get smart?

End of the first movie showed the spread of the virus
It's global

It affected other apes. There was bonus footage of some soldiers in Africa messing with a chimp and the chimp grabs their AK and blasts them. I think it was in Dawn's bonus features.

did you even watch the movie

the comic relief Bad Ape character was a zoo chimp that got smart from the virus

"Ape get smart. Human get sick."

Since the virus is global you can assume that all apes in the world are slowly becoming smarter.

That could have been a reference to multiple things.

2001 A Space Odyssey:
>Desert environment
>Savage apes taking the first steps toward intelligence and society
>Musical motif in the ending scene is reminiscent of Also Sprach Zarathustra

Original 1968 Film:
>The apes in the original have a small city in a mixed desert-forest environment with a water source, similar to the ending scene of War.

>no one saw the little girl
>colonel sees the doll, doesn't question it.
>retarded guards
>the tunnel
>the apes in the prison never checked if the ground was hollow
>not killing Caesar when he had the chance, since he was expecting him to die anyway.

So then why did all the other apes appear dumb in this movie? Barely any of them could talk and could only communicate by sign language, but even Maurice could do that before he got gassed.

Caesar had years of tutoring/training from living with James Spanco in Rise

How did you get such a good quality torrent already?

Because they're more comfortable with it than speaking? I dunno.

>Bad Ape going along with Caesar's plan once he learns that he is a grieving father like him

I wasn't expecting to have feels for the comic relief.

I wish it showed more of how humans were coping with civilisation, assuming it's collapsed like the mise en scene implies

Sign language was the first thing they learned. It was the first thing Ceasar learned as well.
And just because they are capable of human level intelligence doesn't make all of them genuises. Some apes will be dumber then others. Just like some humans are dumber then other humans.

i want to see this lead all the way up to the original so badly. it would immediately become my favorite franchise ever

That's from a trailer.

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure that's a military camp of some sort

we got a taste of that in the 2nd one

it can be inferred its even worse now

speaking is a skill, even Maurice still has trouble with it

Hell Caesar in Dawn still spoke haltingly. It's only in War that he becomes almost completely articulate.

Get treated to Monkey Moses in Apoclypse Now

Complain it wasn't Transformers

Fucking plebbit millenials

Wait a moment, so you actually paid money to watch a "movie" where more than half of the movie is computer made monkeys talking with sign language and screaming?

Are you a retard?
Are you 15 years old?

bait

it was a war for control of earth

(humans lost)
Did you expect an actual pitched battle between humans and monkeys for 2 hours? Most regular war movies aren't even like that

Battle of Five Armies exists because of knuckle-dragging plebs like you.

i was hoping they'd ditch the humans for this movie and make it apes vs apes, but i guess that will probably be the next one.

>be Cesar
>free your people
>take them to promised land
>dies before entering

>be Moses
>free your people from egypt
>take them to promised land
>dies before entering

>he

But there are battles that last more than 5 minutes more than twice.

Idk if you know this but sign language isn't a 1:1 translation of its spoken counterpart. American sign language is practically a different language. Learning to speak for the first time, as an adult, would be a pain in the ass. Apes in real life seem to have a proclivity for sign language so it makes sense it would be their preferred language.

Point is there's more to this than "hurr why won't they talk I can't read subtitles."

see

i didn't like it. the humans were dying thanks to the virus evolving, so why even go to war against the apes in the first place. just to get slave labor and build a wall? the wall didn't do shit anyway and all the invading army had to do is bomb the mountain for an avalanche to take car of these guys.

Woody Harrelson's character's main point is that he seems himself as a saviour to the humans. He believed humans learned nothing from fucking with nature, killing ourselves, and allowing the apes to rise. He shouldn't even have beef with the apes since according to his own logic, the apes are just a consequence of weak human leadership. he doesn't even really give a shit about caesar. he just sees the apes as free labour, but again, it makes no sense.

If he really hated the apes so much he would have just waged war against them. he clearly doesn't hate the apes. he hates the people that led to the rise of the apes. his beef is with man (the people from the other army).

so he's either suicidal going in a blaze of glory or he legit thinks he can win. but throughout the movie he doesn't really seem like he wants anything.

Thanks Adum.

>pic
>black guy with blonde woman social propaganda
>producer: Peter Chernin
>jewish

How is Sup Forums right all the time?

War is more than just blowing shit up, you fucking pleb.

Crude reality.