Alright Sup Forums - I`m new here, and a total newbie to comics

Alright Sup Forums - I`m new here, and a total newbie to comics.
I'd like to Read Batman and deadpool, and I would love some help here
like> Whre to find and read comics?
What order/chronology shoud i read them?

thx alot.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Official Win-O' Thread/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The instructions in these OPs can help you find links to download and some retailers if you want to buy instead: desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Official Win-O' Thread/ and if there's something you can't find you can ask in an active Win O Thread (but try to avoid asking on Wednesdays since they'll be working on new comics)

I'm not really familiar enough with either character though. People like Batman Year One as a starting point since it does cover early career stuff, but it also probably depends on what you're looking for tonally too.

Thx I'll look it

>that failed greentext

wew.

Honestly user, Im gonna tell you to start with
>Hush
Then
>Long Halloween
>TDKR
>Year One
>War Games
>Morrison JLA stuff
>Court of Owls
>Noel

Thatll get you going

Reading orders and continuities are for autists.
Just pick up anything that looks good

Do you want to pay for your comics or do you want to pirate?

>Yes, i did failed that greentext..

thx alot! ppl here are so nice! lol

like i said new all this here

So me and gf have a rly small collection of one pice 1-60 + red and blue. but manga rly isn't my thing U know..

At first I'm looking to pirate, you know, to see if i like comics better, them if i enjoy them, sure ill start buying them.

is that a yes or a no?

It's a yes!.. in the near future, ill buy my comics.

Right now, looking for pirate

>people here are so nice

oh...oh, you sweet summer child

my personal advice if you're starting with comics:

DON'T NEGLECT ANYTHING.
Seriously, the fact that you're directing your focus to those 2 popular characters shouldn't keep you from trying new things and characters you're unfamiliar with in the future. This includes cape comics and indies.

Also, since it's a matter of time someone gives you shit in this thread, keep this in mind:

You want to start Batman and DP? That's perfectly fine. Anyone who goes "hurrrr durrrrr. going for meme/trendy/pleb characters" can go fuck himself. Liking any character is good if it's for the right reasons. Read their stuff. Get to know them.

Also, go for the Kelly run for DP

Pic related is what I started with a few years ago

The whole new 52 batman run is good if you havent read anything because you wont feel like anything is forcedly referenced or hamfisted moments or characters.

Comicpop is a good channel on youtube to get the gist of some comics so you get some context.

They have a segment called back issues where this guy tells famous comics to his buddies who have never read comics before. He has good knowledge about both Marvel and DC and can help you find your way. He knows about shit that goes on in the background and the industry at the time comics were written for example and gives you a good insight. Its also pretty funny and entertaining and my favorite comic channel.

Theres also comicstorian also on youtube that also gives you summaries of the most famous and important stories so you can get some background if you dont want to read some. He also explains a lot of stuff.

That said, I dont know shit about Marvel.

Killing Joke. Read that before anything else. Jim Lee's Hush was damned good. Anything by Morrison is weird but worth reading.
As for 'Pool, you can usually pick up any modern run and just start reading, it's not as if his life makes sense.

Samefag here

Oh and since youre new to comics my best advice is this:

Not everything is important. There are many comics out there that are bad and stupid which you can ignore. Learn to pick the comics youre gonna read. If you try to read everything :
1. You will get bored
2. You will end up reading shit that probably got retconned or WILL be retconned and wasted your time reading something shitty
And most importantly #3 You will probably never finish reading anything

I tell you this because if youre like me when I play a game I try to find every treasure on a level before I move on and found myself reading shitty and shit that dont matter until I finally learned to ignore shit I dont want to read Thats why I have over a kizillion hours on my fallout playthrough

I found DC a little bit hard to get into with all the crisis and continuity and shit but once I got the hang of it I loved the shit out of it. Have fun bro

If you like Batman, a good starting point is this:
>Batman: Year One
>Batman: Shaman
>Batman and the Monster Men
>Batman and the Mad Monk
>Batman: Prey
>Batman: The Man who Laughs

That goes over his very early career dealing with mobsters and his slow introduction to the supernatural shit plaguing Gotham until the Joker shows up.

Samefag here last post I swear.

For example: I did not read the whole Knightfall run when I first started it. I found it really long and as it went on it got stupider and stupider.

IMO the first volume is the only one that really matters.

Later on I read about the concept behind the scenes and was able to come back and enjoy it more. But again, in batmans general continuity vols 2 and 3 aren't really that important so you could never read them and be fine

yeah i would keep him away from morrison for now

I would start him with classic Miller, Loeb or Snyder

Holy fucking shit fuck phoneposters.

>I'd like to Read Batman and deadpool,

But what you REALLY want is to get into Punisher, you just don't know it yet.

I would add that from there you should read The Long Halloween and then Dark Victory. That's a good transition from mob shit to your usual Batman stuff.

The man who laughs is boring, kind of sucks.

Have you been reading Daredevil/punisher? So fucking good, no one talks about it on here or on podcasts.