/doag/

Still the patreon strip for about 3 more hours!

Mike is apparently going to turn gay out of spite, since this obviously represents Sup Forums and Sup Forums specifically, he will probably be the next arcs villain

God I hate Willis

Didn't mike already turn gay out of spite in shortpacked?

Mike is an asshole. He was an asshole long before Sup Forums discovered Willis.

But hey, it does have to be all about us, right?
We're relevant! R-right, guys?
.... guys?

oh I was just making a joke, sarcasm doesn't translate etc..
The comments on yesterday/today's strip are all about how they wish Mike was gone/got his shit kicked in so it was joked about in the last thread that Willis would cave and make him a villain to appease his patreon bux

Mike was less an asshole out of malice and more an asshole because he'd say things that nobody else would want to say out loud.

He wouldn't say "Those pants make you look fat" because he wants to insult you on a physical level and cause you to sink into depression. He'd say "Those pants make you look fat" because those pants make you look fat and nobody else would be willing to admit it.

Here's the next strip.

Did Willis drop the arc of Billie being a journalist? Because I think that was dropped.

Either way, having Sarah (my sarah) be a mix of Billie and Amber is going to be interesting. and I'll at least have the journalist arc go somewhere instead of just giving up on it.

And wow Mike threads do not last long do they?

Ok, now I got it right.

>he will probably be the next arcs villain
I guess Mary isn't working.

I still feel as if Willis wrote himself into a corner with Mary's role.
Hell, for all we know, the part with the two chicks who may as well be unnamed extras where they deduce that Mary was blackmailing Ruth was the actual conclusion of her part in the story.

Mary will take the position of temp RA in Ruth's abscess and rule the floor with an iron fist, making her the villain Willis wants her to be.

*absence

That would mean something goes right in Mary's life, which Willis clearly doesn't endorse.

that would actual be an interesting turn of events and add conflict to the story that isn't just "my parents don't have my values"

because of that it'll never happen

Even though Mike threads don't last long, we're back to BECKY!

Dina's actions are supposed to be cute here, I suppose, but really I find them kind of unsettling. It's cute when a big dog jumps on you and knocks you down, but when an adult does it? I mean, I get that she's autistic and doesn't understand social norms, but my parents beat the impulse to tackle friends and family out of me by the time I was four- you'd think she'd have learned somehow by watching other humans that this isn't really normal.

It seems to be nothing

>Agatha? The Rachels?
Did she just remind everybody the names of the girls whose names didn't matter because THEY didn't matter?

Also, this still seems uncharacteristic for Dina, or anybody in a relationship. Dina could be happy to see Becky, but nowhere near glomping levels. After all, Dina is already hesitant about her relationship and how she is more than likely a rebound, and then came the part where Becky just fucked off to go hang out with the girl she was pining over for a weekend away.

Like, seriously, even autistic people aren't this fucking cucked.

>Did Willis drop the arc of Billie being a journalist?
This was the last time it was mentioned I think.

>Oh Jeez, where's Becky!? She's GONE!
>Willis taunts us with Becky's violent removal from the strip.
You're a jerk, Davey.

Eh, I just find it obnoxious, it's like when "glomping" was a thing.

Is Joyce teetering the edge of total breakdown so hard that the second Becky doesn't respond to her she think's Becky's Dad broke out of prison and proceeded to beat the lord into her?

She already sees her would-be rapist everywhere. If he gets conflated with Toe-dad... huh, that could lead to an interesting mental crisis, couldn't it.

Requesting an edit that has Dina ripping Becky's throat out in a spouting fountain of blood.

>Robert Kirkman's The Dumbing Dead

>can't go anywhere alone because of Not Even Attempted Rape Really
>can't leave Becky alone because of Toedad Coming Back From The Grave

Joyce/Becky confirmed for end-game due to psychological damage.

>God I hate Willis

I don't. I fucking love the man.

I love the fact that he can write whatever nonsense that flutters into his brainwashed emotionally-underdeveloped head into the internet and you'll be there within 30 seconds of it hitting the web.

I love that he has made something completely object terrible and you acknowledge it every time it reminds the world it exists.

I love that he knows you'll be there every update to copypaste the image into the OP of a new thread because you have this desire to become a staple of an imageboard's user culture no matter how uninteresting and shitposty it is.

I love that he is the reason you and every other person who makes these threads are contributing to Sup Forums's steadily declining reputation, contributing to the complete eradication of original content on this site, convincing everyone who lurks here that this place is devoid of any value or entertainment so when some no-name digital media company finally ends up purchasing this site and reshaping this board into an uninspired milquetoast normie forum, nobody will end up caring on account that this place was complete and utter shit before thanks in part to your little consistent offerings of stupid goddamn Dumbing of Age threads.

Yeah, I love Dave Willis. I love that he provides the means that make you look like a fool.

well joyce probably wont like that

or, idk, maybe willis wont realize someone tackling their partner to the ground isnt a smart idea. who knows.

He's one of those ambigious tumblr sexualities, where his sexuality changed depending on who it would annoy the most at the current moment.

>namefags blaming anyone else for the "decline" of Sup Forums
>namefags implying that threads shitting on bad webcomics are the REAL problem

Sounds like someone wasn't around for when Homestuck General was at its peak.

Meh, Sup Forums's always been retarded.

Fucking QC General and shit, mane

Personally, I like laughing at how poorly he draws penises.

Like, does he not even look in a mirror?

Disregard that, I suck cocks

>Did Willis drop the arc of Billie being a journalist?
probably. last time it was addressed daisy tried to kiss her, so i doubt she wants to go back. plus her story was given to dorothy, and all her other ideas were about ruth.

Oh hey, we should have seen Shit-On-Head coming a long time ago.

>(october 11, 2016)

And here's the most recent preview panel, circa November 2016.

oh ho how wacky that walky is, with his untied shoes in public
(what is he, fucking six years old)
(six years old and getting his dick sucked)
(what the fuck willis you pedo)

Seriously, what the fuck is that hair colouring.

It's supposedly her roots showing after growing out a hair dye job, but it's fucking lazy coloring on Willis' part.

shouldn't the coloring be like...in strands to show it's her roots growing out?

This looks like she tried to color her hair brown and just...forgot to spread it

Did I sleep for a year, or do you mean 2015?

Did you hack his buffer again?

nah, every time Willis sits and does a few months of strips he'll release a teaser of one panel out of the batch he did and what day they release from the buffer. They literally reveal nothing

Nah, these are preview panels posted to his Tumblr.

I really need to figure out how to crack ComicPress. Turns out it's not as outdated and un-updated as I thought it was before.

This just in, Cerberus officially labeled Mike as toxic to Ethan.

I'm hoping something comes of this since Cerberus is the Willis appointed "trans poster"

Straight white males are cancer to these people.

They react like vampires do to a cross or garlic.

nah man, literally every single post Cerberus is making is about how terrible Mike is and how she thinks this is Willis' master plan by turning Mike into a friendless loser.

Also a surprising amount of commentators think Danny is over Ethan and vice versa. Are they dense? Have they literally never met two people who mutually like each other ?

i mean mike is objectively toxic to everyone, thats what he does. i think ethans stuck around long enough to be aware of it though, he can probably handle himself

mike isnt straight, did you miss the OP strip?

in Shortpacked Mike isn't gay, he's a force of nature

so pansexual

if you consider tornadoes a type of sexuality, sure

Or as normal people call it, bisexual.

His sexuality seems to trend more goal-oriented instead of attraction-oriented. So predatory in a non-rapist way.

Dina would have had to approached from the front in order to be on top of Becky like that, there is no way they could have missed her.

It is a comic strip, user.

mike is 'whatever you don't want him to be'

I still don't get Becky and Dina's relationship.

>she

he can call it whatever he wants, he fucks both guys and girls. its pretty clear cut

As far as I can tell, Becky is into Dina as a means of coping with being rejected by Joyce; it's not so much Dina she's attracted to as much as it is being with somebody.
Dina is okay with this because Willis writes her as either insultingly autistic or autistically insulting.

i dont know, she seems like she honestly likes dina. she just still likes joyce more.

Dina is both Becky's rebound and her assertion of her sexuality. Becky is Dina's assertion of her maturity and social functioning. They both like each other so it's not an unhealthy relationship even if the underpinnings are very unstable. Plus you have to remember that in-universe they've been together for two weeks tops.

I'd be more accepting of their relationship had Willis not planted seeds of doubt with the strip that showed that Dina had some reservations about being a rebound.

Like, seriously, it only came up once before, and it hasn't been expanded upon since. It really does feel like something that Willis plumb forgot about.
You could argue that the whole Toedad debacle brought them closer together, but Becky's decision to skip town for a weekend and rub one out with Joyce could have just as easily been a reintroduction to the development.

>the strip that showed that Dina had some reservations about being a rebound
That happened during Becky's trip away with Joyce. There hasn't been any opportunity to bring it up again because this comic moves like molasses. It might be coming up.

I just checked to make sure, and this particular strip to which I've been referring was posted in January, a little under a month before Joyce and Becky actually leave.

Meanwhile, this strip was posted just after the two left.

It still baffles me how Willis portrayed Dina as being okay with Becky leaving. Like, seriously.

I don't think that's a fault of the setup of their relationship as much as it is of Willis pinballing his plotlines. The timing issues also hurt it immensely; remember, one day has passed since Sarah brought up Dina being a rebound. Willis should have put another Dina/Sarah strip before this one to refresh the plot. However, I'm guessing he's going to start a Dina/Becky/Joyce drama plot soon.

>Becky and Joyce going home for a day and a half took 8 months to get through

Good god, it's almost parody at this point

>my parents beat the impulse to tackle friends and family out of me by the time I was four
Sounds like you've got your own issues to work out

Willis' current target audience wasn't around for Mike in his Walky and Shortpacked years, so don't know the full extent of how Problematic (tm) he is. He's gonna have to play his cards carefully is he's gonna keep using Mike.

Strictly speaking he didn't portray her as being okay with Becky leaving. He just didn't explore it worth a damn.

Cerberus is already against Mike

The battle is lost

Oh my mistake. There's 15 day gap between those strips so there's probably only 2 minutes elapsing in-universe, though.

To be serious, it would've been way better if they could've had a moment between the rebound strip and Becky leaving (preferrably initiated by Becky leaving).

Shouldn't have had Becky and Dina's goodbye off-panel. It would have allowed Becky to give her reasoning as to why she'd want to go back home and show Dina as being okay with it in the way where you're not really okay with it but you can't think of a way to explain why that doesn't sound selfish and paranoid.

Yeah, they haven't been together very long, she's clearly a rebound, and Becky ditched her--after she attacked her butthole dad for her--for the girl she's always loved. She should be more reserved in this situation.

But in Willis World, characters act how the plot dictates.

Wait, where's Becky???????

The art seems less polished than what we're used to (as compared to other DoA strips). And the head/body ratio is more leveled out than usual. Interesting.

How the fuck could she be worse than Ruth?

Using the RA position to harass people to the point of a civil rights violation.

I'm bi, get accused of being an SJW on the daily, and do not get for one second what the fuck pansexual is supposed to be or how the fuck it's different from bisexuality.

>mfw people are framing Danny and Ethan not fucking because Amber's got severe emotional problems as "being fair to Amber"

motherfucker Amber's the one being unfair to them

Arguably bisexual could exclude trans people without SRS or certain intersex conditions while pansexual would include them. Realistically it's a way for bisexual people to avoid the stigma of the bisexuality label or feel special.

For real, Amber should just jump off a cliff. he worst thing about both Ethan and Danny is that they care about her.

>people are framing it that way
The comic framed it that way. There was a strip where they outright stated that.
Doesn't make it less retarded, but hey.

There was once a time when we didn't have generals for ANYTHING. It was wonderful.

How is there an entire floor of a college full of nothing but gays, lesbians, and transgenders? Is this all some weird sort of government experiment where the LGBT+ community was secretly herded into a single compound to see how quickly they would turn on each other? Is this a Fallout Vault experiment? Is Mary the control group? Where's Becky?

>Amber should just jump off a cliff

She did but then that fink Amazigirl saved her.

MLP started the trend.

Where ever the poni is posted, there good threads stop happening and board culture is ruined.

Is it wrong that I think Sal looks good in the AG outfit?

Hide the thread and move on then, autist.

>implying Sup Forums isn't the reason generals exist
>blaming mlp
>year of our lord 2011+5

And the commenters get real mad when you suggest they should ignore Amber's bullshit and make out

So they're saying a queer relationship should structure itself around the personal feelings of a straight person?

The floors that have randomized student populations are the controls. The experiment suffered confound problems after the arrival of Becky and had to be completely scrapped due to Ruth's breakdown. It's why Puddinghead was so disappointed in Ruth, she figured Ruth's abrasive and abusive personality would help Ruth maintain her detachment and objectivity in running the experiment. Instead she started fucking a participant. Five whole weeks of data rendered useless.

The placement is off. Becky shouldn't be placed so close to the wall in the background when she is two persons far from it.

Nothing about the last two panels makes sense from a positioning standpoint. It should be Dina pulling Becky into a room.

Though Dina was waiting in Joyce's room, which means that they passed Joyce's room and didn't bother to see if Sarah knew what was going on.

>Becky is already slightly behind Joyce
>Dina knocks Becky further backward
>Suddenly Joyce's voice is coming from even further behind THEM for no reason

qualty stuff, willis

This, pretty much.

I still can't fathom why Willis would introduce Dina's doubts about her relationship with Becky if she's just going to ignore her own feelings. Or does Willis think that having a happy ending means ignoring any actual tension or conflict?

>why Willis would introduce Dina's doubts about her relationship with Becky if she's just going to ignore her own feelings.

That's not uncommon in relationships, especially new ones.

>Or does Willis think that having a happy ending means ignoring any actual tension or conflict?

That too.

>That's not uncommon in relationships, especially new ones.
True, but Willis seems to conflate Dina's "autism" with being open and honest about her feelings. Or something like that.

And I suppose I meant to imply that Willis is outright ignoring opportunities for tension or conflict in favor of happy beginnings, middles, and ends. Hell, other than the Toedad saga, most if not all of Willis' storylines have been... bland.

Oh God DAMN IT! There's no reason to turn Mike into the bad guy! Is this because somebody in the comments called Mike problematic or some shit?
Hey, just so you know, that "Don't believe what you hear" strip you posted in the last(?) /doag/ was really good.
So, a crazed gunman kidnapping his daughter made the news, but nobody thought to check WHY the daughter was at a local campus?

Willis is clearly editing dialog to confirm what Cerebus says (I'm convinced Cerebus is actually Willis, as the two of them seem to always agree and be on at the same time). No matter how much he insists he isn't.

Wait, is he editing the dialogue? OP's strip is as posted to Patreon.

Willis buffers his strips 3-4 months in advance. He uses that as his primary defense (THESE STRIPS WERE MADE MONTHS AGO HOW COULD I EDIT THEM?!) when people point out characters are behaving strangely (Mary especially, as her dialog is the most inconsistent of the bunch, especially post 'she was only trying to study'). Willis fails to realize buffering doesn't mean he can't go edit the dialog when people are reacting differently than intended in his little hugbox.

Well, I knew all that.
What I meant was, did Willis actually edit the dialogue of the strip?

The Roz/Joyce Women's Studies drama was about the only storyline that actually felt like real drama and not contrived. Amber's dad was pretty cartoony, Toedad was Toedad, Joyce's almost rape petered out to nothing, and Becky going home was mostly Willis bitching about his mom and childhood church.

Becky exists in a quantum state. Important yet unimportant. You could have her never show up past her first appearance and all you'd have to do is a little rewriting to make all her plots fit. Even Toedad.

Unless we can get more strip leaks and compare them, we'll never know for sure. His ultra-defensive nature tells me he does.