SUICIDE SQUAD

Repostan spoilers

Opens with Deadshot in Belle Reve getting taunted by an asshole guard that brings him a meal, before cutting to flashbacks narrated by Waller of Deadshot killing a mafia snitch and then getting caught by Batman while out shopping with his daughter.

The guard then takes a meal to Harley, who makes some sexual remarks at him. Cut to flashbacks of Harley working at Arkham Asylum and falling in love with the Joker. When a riot breaks out, she lets him give her electroshock therapy, and then he takes her to Ace Chemicals. She professes her love and jumps into the chemicals and he fishes her out and they kiss and laugh. We then see her as a dancer at his nightclub. He notices a gangster he's making a deal with eyeing her and offers him a private lapdance, but he refuses because she's the Joker's girl, but the Joker kills him anyway.

We then see the Batmobile car chase, which ends with the Joker's car falling into the river. Batman rescues Harley while the Joker disappears, gives her CPR which turns into a weird kiss, and brings her in.

Cut to Enchantress' backstory. June Moon is an archaeologist who finds a cursed idol and becomes possessed by the Enchantress. Waller sends Rick Flagg to recruit her anticipating they'd fall in love, and they do. Waller arranges a meeting with her superiors and talks about how Superman is dead and they need disposable assets to fight for them now that meta-humans are popping up everywhere, and uses the Enchantress as a proof of concept, but her superiors remain unconvinced.

Meanwhile the Joker orders his right-hand man Johnny Frost to find Harley, and he finds out she's been taken to Belle Reve, and the Joker wants her back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wkddduq1WsA
youtube.com/watch?v=FKaLy54AbWs
youtube.com/watch?v=kuBJ24cyt5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Waller and Flag visit Belle Reve and we get some backstory on Killer Croc and El Diablo. Croc is a cannibal and was caught by the government while living in the sewers, but has history with Batman, and El Diablo is a former cholo gang member who refuses to fight.

Every gets nanobombs injected in their necks and Flag gives them the rundown on how the Suicide Squad works. Boomerang and Slipknot are brought in. Boomerang is a bank robber and got caught by the Flash, Slipknot gets no backstory.

Meanwhile the asshole guard from earlier is caught by the Joker and his men and tortured into revealing where the nanobombs are made. The Joker kidnaps the wife of one of the scientists so he'll help disable Harley's bomb.

The Squad is given their gear back and given a mission by Waller, going to Midway City where some shit has went down and retrieve a high-profile target. It turns out Enchantress has taken over June and is wreaking havoc. Katana comes in as Flag's bodyguard. She barely speaks and has her husband's soul trapped in her sword. It is established the entire Squad is getting blown up if something happens with Flag.

The Enchantress is hiding in a subway, and finds a random guy and makes him a host of her brother/henchman, the Incubus, and turns a bunch of people into zombie monsters covered in eyes that disintegrate when killed. They specificially target Flag because he's June's tether to the world.

The Squad's chooper gets taken down just as they get into Midway and they have to proceed on foot to their target. Boomerang convinces Slipknot the bombs aren't real and when Slipknot tries to bolt he gets his head blown, which was all Boomer's plan to find out if the bombs are real or not.

The squad is ambushed by a bunch of monsters coming for Flag, and a big fight/chase ensues until they reach the building where their target is at. Flag leads them to an underground bunker and it turns out to be Waller herself.

Continue.

Waller killed everyone that could blow the whistle on her fucking up and losing control of the Enchantress, and moves to the rooftop for extraction via helicopter. The helicopter doors open and it turns out the Joker has hijacked it. He begins shooting at everyone and drops a rope so Harley can climb in. Waller offers to pardon Deadshot if he shoots down the chopper, but he misses on purpose because he's grown affectionate with Harley. The helicopter gets shot down anyway by the soldiers and the Joker attempts to jump out with Harley, but ends up slipping and falling into the burning cockpit. The chopper crashes and explodes behind a building while Harley makes it into the roof and gets rescued by the Squad.

Suddenly the Enchantress shows up and kidnaps Waller again, taking her to the subway. She probes Waller's mind to find the locations of other secret bases and steals several items to build some unspecified world-destroying machine that opens a big portal in the sky.

Flag wants to go in rescue Waller, but Deadshot swipes some files that evidence they're all cleaning up Waller's mess and dealing with shit they weren't told about. They all quit and go to a bar to drown their sorrows.

Diablo confesses he refuses to fight because he lost control of his powers and accidentally killed his wife and children. Harley tells him to "own that shit" and make it fuel for his fire to fight. Flag shows up and admits that he messed up, but he's in love with June and is going to try and end the mission. He smashes the neckbomb detonators and tells everyone they're free to go, so Boomer bolts.

Everyone else decides to stick by Flag and help him, and Boomer randomly returns without explaining why. They track down Enchantress to the subway and move in.

Flag tells the squad they have to destroy the idol to destroy the Enchantress. The subway is partially flooded, so Croc goes underwater to plant a bomb beneath the portal, while everyone else fights Incubus and the monsters. The Enchantress offers to make everyone's dreams come true if they help her, and we see visions of their dreams: Deadshot kills Batman in that confrontation early in the movie, Harley and Joker are a normal suburban couple with a kid, Flag and June are back together, Diablo's kids are back, we don't see Croc's, Boomer's or Katana's. Diablo snaps out of it and makes everyone snap out of it too. By this point Enchantress has morphed into a giant-sized June Moon with garish clothing whirling around a cloud of magic and it looks rather silly.

Diablo kills the Incubus, so the Incubus possesses him. He fights against the possession, and Deadshot gets a gun and shoots the bomb under the floor, causing an explosion that kills Diablo and the Incubus and destroys the machine, closing the portal.

Enchantress gets more crazy and destroying everyting. Harley eventually says she misses the Joker and will help her if she can bring him back. The Enchantress lets her close enough for Harley to swipe the idol and destroy it. The Enchantress dies, but June survives and reunites with Flagg, while the Squad rescues Waller who was being held captive.

Waller says everyone did a good job, but she's only taking 10 years off their sentences and hauling them back to Belle Reve. However, as a gift, she lets them have something they ask for, except for Katana and Flag since they're not criminals.

Deadshot asks for visits from his daughter and a punching bag for his cell. We then see him helping her do her homework in Belle Reve. Some guards come to take him back to his cell, but don't handcuff him so she doesn't have to see it.

Croc asks for a TV so he can watch the BET network.

Boomer calls bullshit on Waller only taking 10 years off their sentence and threatens her, so he gets thrown into solitary with no privileges.

Harley asks for a expresso machine. She's in her cell reading a book when the walls explode and a SWAT team rushes in. It turns out it's the Joker and his men come to rescue her. She and the Joker kiss as the movie freeze frames, turns into a grafitti paiting and the credits begin.

Post-credits scene is Waller meeting with Bruce Wayne, who agrees to protect her from the backlash of the Enchantress incident in exchange for government files on meta-humans so he can "make new friends". We see files on Flash and Aquaman.

Waller says Bruce looks tired and should "stop working nights", he tells her if she doesn't shut the Suicide Squad down his new friends and him will do it for her. Cut to black.

>All those Joker/Harley scenes
>Not sign of abuse at all

What the fuck.. It certainly deserve that Rotten Tomatoes scores

Some of your memory puts a few scenes out of order, but yeah, that's it.

>Boomer randomly returns without explaining why.

Uhh what the fuck? Fucking why? How soon after leaving does he return?

>electroshock therapy and whoring her out for money
>leaving her to die
>not abuse

>She and the Joker kiss as the movie freeze frames, turns into a grafitti paiting and the credits begin.
Capeshit was a mistake.

But that doesn't happen.

She asks to be shocked, he doesn't whore her out because he knows the guy won't accept the dance, and he actively saves her in the helicopter scene.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

She Fucking ask for the electroshock and she whore herself out of her own will, there's absolutely no sign of abuse at all. Fucking Joke throw a rope at Harley to save her. DISGUSTING

Fucking Croc makes it, All right!

Like five minutes.

>why
Because Boomerangs come back.

shoot i wanted this to be good

DC STRIKES AGAIN

>Slipknot gets no backstory.
MEGAKEK!

>they took out the scene of Joker punching Harley and then urinating on her
For what purpose?

Because it never happened.

That was never in the movie, just leto and Robbie getting into character.

It was a slap, and there was no pee.

They're saving it for the prequel.
>Slipknot begins

>then urinating on her
Where did this meme come from?

There was cellphone footage that came out of Leto backhanding her, and then stepping over her while she's on the ground. It was filmed from his back, so it kind of looks like he was pissing on her.

>RT score in the shitter
>youtube reviews are pretty glowing

youtube.com/watch?v=Wkddduq1WsA

youtube.com/watch?v=FKaLy54AbWs

why the inconsistency?

Audience wants to like it

Critics are nothing but old guys pretending to like modern movies and capeshit when it comes to Marvel, who pays them well

>Stage 1: Denial

>Joker giving a damn about Harley
DISGRACEFUL
THIS IS THE PC BULLSHIT WORLD YOU CHOSE

This seems to be one of those movies that is loved by the audiência and jared by critics. We will see

Shut the fuck up, you retarded marvelshill!

user, he throws her a bone once in awhile so she keeps coming back. Why? Because its funny to him

*Audience/Hated
Goddammit phone

Can't wait to see this, I have no dog in the console war shit going on but the trailers looked good and the spoilers aren't deterring me

Okay user, you got me.

youtube.com/watch?v=kuBJ24cyt5w

IGN - 5.9 Mediocre
+ The Wall
- Too Much Water

>too much water

The fuck? Is that like the "too much A button" in their Gears review

comic book fans truly are the biggest shit eaters on the planet

It's a reference to the recent Ruby/Sapphire Pokémon remakes. It was literally one of their cons. No memes, they actually complained about that.

Couldn't Flagg that man harder if they actually put one in the film.

This. At worst it'll be Ghosts of Mars tier, and I love that shit.

I haven't been reading too much into the spoilers, but I'm in the same boat as you. I hope it's good because I want the DCEU to succeed and make great movies. That'd be the best, if both Marvel and DC put out good movies. Imagine that.

However, BvS really upset me, so this is the last chance they get from me.

Pretty much that. That's why it's funny to him.

>It was literally one of their cons. No memes, they actually complained about that.
It's a legitimate complaint. There's far too much water in gen3, and they should have planned the map better.

>"Will Smith brings much needed humanity and wit as Deadshot."

>humanity

>Deadshot

What character DIDN'T they fucked up?

To be fair, Joker HAS saved her in the past.

He sees her as expendable, and is willing to do anything including something that results in his own death if he thinks it's funny enough, but she's still useful to him and he isn't actively trying to kill her.

Proof, my man.

Joker is the only one allowed to threaten Harley and boss her around. Why would Joker let Waller get away with that shit? Harley is Joker's toy, and no one elses.

Lets think about this for a sec user, Joker went out of his way to get her out of prison. The man does see her as useful sometimes, but never to that degree. Hell he was going to nuke Gotham one time and never thought to pick her up

My guess is that Jeremy is a casual DC fan and actually knows nothing about Deadshot.

But making it mutually romantic. That is just stupid.

In this movie, or in general?

Because basically just Wondie so far. They've fucked up everyone else in varying degrees.
Even Alfred was pretty cold and unfatherly. There's very little that would make Alfred become that way towards Bruce, and even him killing isn't enough.

Honestly, the only ones that they might not fail at are Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg. I have no hope for the others.

you sly fuck

In this movie, but that's impressive

Its why Pertwee is best Alfred at the moment. Least till his turn at the Blue Box.

I know it happened at least once in the comics. I just don't remember where.

The Joker from Beware The Batman saved her as well, but he was an unusually attached Joker. He's the only one that actually loved her I think.
Emperor Joker sort of had some fondness for her.

Ok you're just spouting bullshit now

Random tidbits.

>Deadshot and Harley's relationship is not romantically-tinted in any way.

>El Diablo gets the most development out of the main characters, but his CGI is pretty dodgy. His flashback is killing some rival gang members after a futebol match, after which he conjures a crown emoji above his head.

>Boomerang is there mostly for comic relief. He has a thing for pink unicorns and has a pink unicorn plushy that he carries around. He also has a crush on Katana and asks her out in the end, but she ignores him.

>Katana has roughly 10 lines, half of them in Japanese, and doesn't do much other than fight and talk to her dead husband's soul inside the sword. She also has a brief flashback of killing her husband's killers in Tokyo.

>Killer Croc has roughly the same amount. His schtick is telling people how beautiful he is.

>Movie is pretty edgy. People die in somewhat gruesome ways, Harley calls the others "pussies" all the time, the Joker is really touchy-feely with the people he kills, and in El Diablo's dream sequence his wife is about to give him a blowjob.

>Scott Eastwood is a soldier named Edwards and has literally no relevance to the plot other than being the guy carrying the bomb they use in the end.

DID YOU JUST-

Yeah, but Joker would NEVER save Harley. What he done in this movie is completely OOC for him

Oh fuck off, just because I don't remember the exact issue doesn't mean I'm bullshitting.

It was from the 90's, because I remember reading it in middle school. It could have been Legends Of The Dark Knight, because I don't think it was the Animated Series tie-in comics.

What's the context to this?

>Boomerang is there mostly for comic relief. He has a thing for pink unicorns and has a pink unicorn plushy that he carries around. He also has a crush on Katana and asks her out in the end, but she ignores him.
Boomerang for most relatable character

Alfred just wanted the best for Bruce - to see him eventually retire the mantle and start a family.

Years of watching him essentially bang his head against a wall and gradually turn into a misguided, murdery dick took its toll. It's a wonder that he still puts up with his shit and helps him with the crimefighting stuff at all.

If they stop writing Superman as a palette swap for Batman, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. They were on the right track by the end of MoS.

>Somehow Im the bad guy because you cant find a source
Right. And Beware the Batman never had Joker by the way. Just admit you know jack shit and move on

There's nothing that's "OOC" if he thinks its funny, or its a setup for a joke.

Honestly, I think its possible that they're going to tie in a plan in the Batman solo movie.

Not to mention there's been a LOT of different versions of the Joker. On one end of the spectrum, Jokerface and YakuzaJoker. Then on the other, this Joker and the Romero Joker.

>The Joker from Beware The Batman

Are you from the dimension where Beware the Batman had enough seasons to eventually feature the Joker?

Shit, you're right, Beware was that piece of shit CG one.

What was the Batman cartoon with the Joker who was always barefoot? That's the one I'm talking about.

It was a drawthread request. Its a scene from JAWS and instead has King Shark. Pic somewhat related

Boomer does get some decent comedic bits.

When Diablo shares his tragic backstory, a solemn silence falls upon the bar. Then Boomerang, who I guess wasn't paying attention or is just that stupid, then realizes the implication of what Diablo told them and asks if if his kids died, while everyone else groans.

Also when Flag smashes the detonators and says they're free, Boomer grabs his beer and bolts before Flag can even got going on his hero speech.

That the thing, by the sounds of these spoilers Joker doesn't do this because he thinks it's funny, but because Joker GENUINELY loves Harley, you can't tell me that's not OOC for him.

That whole shit is Ivy's role

>Shit, you're right, Beware was that piece of shit CG one.

Fuck you, it was the third best Batman cartoon.

Alfred should only lose his patience early on in his career. By the point in BvS, he should have seen the good work and the dedication he has as Batman.

That's basic Batman lore, Alfred disapproves early on and wants the best for him, but eventually sees how necessary he really is. Fuck, even the Arkham games got it right.

Either Batfleck is a really shitty Batman, or that's a really shitty Alfred.

At least Boomer sounds like he's completely in-character.

So wait, WHY did they give Boomer the pink unicorn fetish? Is this a joke Im missing or was it some weird ass quirk they gave him?

Just a weird quirk.

Guess it's supposed to make him look more pathetic.

It seems theres bits of genius in there but damn they didnt give him more time to shine

I disagree strongly in a way that makes me want to use profanity, but it was the worst.

1) The Animated Series/New Adventures/Mask of the Phantasm
2) Brave And The Bold
3) Justice League/JLU
4) Batman Beyond
5) Super Friends
6) The Batman
7) Young Justice
8) The Batman/Superman Hour
9) The New Adventures of Batman
10) Beware The Batman

Also the first thing Slipknot does is punch a woman who didn't do anything so we don't feel bad when he dies.

Im never going to get over this, I have so many questions
>Brave and the Bold above JL/JLU
Fuck off

I give B&tB more credit because of the musical episode.

Fuck it, they tie.

But Beware is still on the bottom. Below the Batmite cartoon that I didn't even know existed until I had to look up the list of Batman cartoons to bury Beware even more.

Despite how perfect the aesthetic of this one is, it's kinda of a shitty Batman.

He murders people, often with guns, and brands them for no reason elucidated in the movie other than the fact that he can.

And then, again, for reasons not made entirely clear, he becomes obsessed with killing a guy who ostensibly saved humanity from extinction/enslavement.

>JLU
>Young Justice
>Super Friends
>Batman cartoons

OK, pal.

Why do you hate Beware so much?

Boomer is supposed to be pathetic. People are aware of bronies and regard them as pathetic. Swap one equine creature for another and bingo, you've given your designated pathetic character a pathetic quirk so audiences can point and laugh.

Horrible Alfred, uninteresting Batman, the unpopulated and undetailed Gotham was something that a show made today should not have, Katana was completely uninteresting and redundant, the villains were okay but none of them grabbed me.

The best parts were mediocre, the worst parts were shameful either due to bad planning or low budget.

>She also has a brief flashback of killing her husband's killers in Tokyo.

was it at least cool?

Geez, how many fucking flashbacks does a movie fucking need?

Emperor Joke was a terrible storyline, though.

It's still proof of Joker caring in some form or way for Harley

Is Deadshot not Human? You have to excuse me I'm a casual who only knows Deadshot from how gay he and Catman got in secret six.

But not enough proof for justify what Joker did through this whole movie