Why aren't you watching The Transformers: The Movie right now, Sup Forums; what's your excuse?

Why aren't you watching The Transformers: The Movie right now, Sup Forums; what's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Men_in_Black_Productions
youtube.com/watch?v=t0d3hUh2sYY
adventuresinpoortaste.com/2012/06/28/g-i-joe-a-real-american-hero-series-2-season-1-dvd-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't need to watch it anymore. I have the entire thing burned into my brain.
Animation. Dialogue. Score. I can sit back and watch it anywhere anytime.

Because I don't wanna see Wheeljack or Ironhide die again ;-;

I already have it on DVD.

I only have it on vhs, but I no longer own a vcr.

I'm not watching it right now because I just watched it earlier today

I have it on DVD and vhs

I've seen this movie so many times

I know all the lines from this movie

Dare is the best song

>Spoiler
Yes. Yes it is.

The last time I watched it was at BotCon '96

My disc got scratched. I guess I could watch the fullscreen version.

Pathetic fools! There is no escape!

Grimlock no kisser! Grimlock King!

I watched last week and now I'm watching the Headmasters cartoon. I'm also thinking about reading the comics.

Being a long term TF fan, I've kinda burned out on the whole thing. It seems a lot of people have the same feeling, especially if you're one of the people around before the big Eternal September hit the fandom in 2007. It helps that we've gotten so much good fiction in the last 10 years we don't have to twiddle our thumbs and say "Well, the movie and Beast Wars and I guess some of the comics are good" when asked about good fiction anymore .

Still, its fun now and then. I'm actually burning a DVD copy for my 2 year old nephew to watch on car trips. He really likes it, got him a cheap Hot Rod figure and he has a little vinyl G1 Optimus, Megatron, and starscream. I'm gonna stockpile TFTM toys coming out this year to give to him when he's 5.

Bluray is coming out this fall. It'll have both full and wide.

OH SHIT WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW?

TELL ME GRIMLOCK ABOUT THE PETRO-RABBITS AGAIN.

At least they put up a decent fi...oh...

The opening theme has been my ringtone for over ten years

Man my grandma bought me the unicron toy when I was a kid and that thing was so fucking cool

Potty mouth Spike will always be one of the most jaw dropping moments.

Because it's shit.

I have to go to work in 10 minutes

seeing this in theatres when i was 5 blew my fucking mind.

>tfw jazz lived
it is a good feeling

Because it isn't very good. It's better than the cartoon, but that isn't saying much.

The comics are cool, esoecially the Wreckers ones.

> Dat opening and eerie music.

> When Unicron transforms.

The origin Simon Furman devised for the TFs via Unicron was and is genius.

>mfw I was there too

I just got off work and I want a shower

>got Unicron toy as a kid
Stop lying, that didn't come out till Armada line in something around 2003 and we were all grown up fucks then.
>it was 13 years ago
Og fuck, I feel old.

I was masturbating

waiting for monday to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

Oh my god, nice.

What was that like?

I just went to TFCon for the first time this year, but what was that like?

Because I'm watching GI joe the Movie.

>Because I'm watching the first 3 minutes of the GI Joe movie and then stopping the film after that.

Fixed it for you.

Don't care. Yo Joed anyways.

BotCon `96 was the shitty one, unfortunately, because the Men In Black couldn't organize a convention to save their lives. I still had fun with my friends though so it was worth it.

I haven't been to a BC since 2008 so I don't know how `96 compared size-wise to now, but 2008 was definitely bigger.

Good news! You'll never got to a Botcon again, FunPub lost the rights and nobody knows what the future will actually be other than that Hasbro has trademarked the term "HasbroCon"

I'm going to watch it next Monday, in the original release's 30th anniversary.

I wish i could go back and watch my 6 yr old face during this movie. From incredible joy to the horror of the battle at autobot city. Did i cry for optimis or was i too stunned to accept it? Wish i still knew.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Men_in_Black_Productions

you should go to TFCon in the future.

TFCon is surprisingly competently run.

....well, that kind of sucks.

Yeah, that's them. The whole thing was amateurish, but as I said, at least I enjoyed spending time with friends.

I go to the Toronto TFCon every year, and it's pretty good. Can't believe they were able to get Frank Welker this year, I'd never seen him before.

Here's a shitty photo I took of the Dan Gilvezan and Flint Dille panel at TFCon this year. They talked a fair bit about the movie, and Dille said Spike's "oh shit!" line was put in there just to get a PG rating.

Did you at least get your own Onyx Primal?

I met Frank too.

and Dan Gilvezan and Ian Corlett.

first time and it was a great experience, i want to go again next year.

I did not! Didn't want him, honestly. The only BotCon exclusive I've ever gotten was Fractyl and Packrat the following year. They're buried somewhere in the house.

I dont have a good excuse, just work. Going to watch it tomorrow morning

That's awesome, glad you had fun!

It raped my childhood, during my childhood.

>The new boxart for this movie is Ramondelli shit
Time to die.

Hey, remember that time Ramjet tried to have a jousting tournament with Warpath and got his shit pushed in because OF COURSE HE DID?

That was good shit, right there.

Agreed. Start with Last Stand of the Wreckers and see how that grabs you.

Was it Skywarp or Bombshell that became Cyclonus?

At least it's not Milne

>Boxart would have to be landscape oriented to fit all of Milne's clown shoes he loves to put on robots.

>the shitty one
>implying Botcon was only shitty one time
I went from 2011 to 2014 and while I did have fun, every year you could feel FunPub giving less of a shit.

I was reading through early IDW for the first time a few weeks ago. -ations and early Spotlights. I got to LSotW and I dunno, I just didn't see what the hype was about. Maybe I'm just not into (robo)gore enough.

Will do it on the anniversary, still gives me shills though.

>Transformer movie from 1986 has better animation than most actual anime ovas and series

seriously, what went so wrong with japan?

>compare a full feature movie made at the height of 80s bubble economy with much more tightly budgeted later productions

Japanese 80s OVAs looked great too, but that time isn't coming back. Also even the TF movie still had animation errors and less than awesome animation. It's mostly the battle for Autobot City and any time Unicron's on screen that are fucking beautiful. They're also the best parts of the movie and everything else is average-to-decent at best

I've watched it like 100 times already.

They should re-release it in theaters sometime. I'd love to watch it on the big screen.

This remains one of the single most terrifying scenarios I can imagine. Something so immense and unstoppable it just pulls you into itself and there's no way to escape.

I love the huge pincers that ensnare the planet AFTER Unicron's inhaling it.

Like, I imagine Unicron out eating planets for eons and suddenly one has a giant rocket on the side and just blasts away and Unicron's like "NEVER A-FUCKING-GAIN".

>but that time isn't coming back
Yes it is, Netflix is making sure of it.

Also a good chunk of the film was ditched to Akom mind you.

CORONATION, STARSCREAM? THIS IS BAD COMEDY.

Because I'm too busy trying to scrape cum stains off the bottom of my desk before the move next week.

I can't find a copy of the uncensored version.

It would be cool to meet Frank

I got to meet Peter Cullen at Anime Matsuri years ago the first live action movie was going to come out then

Unicrons theme was a great tune.

Busy watching the superior G.I. Joe movie

Cobra-la is stupid but cool at the same time. The retcon of Cobra Commander's original is dumb but the I wish we got to see more of Cobra La

Hasbro was really hoping that the film would get into theatres and be a hit. They totally wanted Cobra-La to be the future of the line.

Arcee had some nice gams.

Yeah, I didn't like the Cobra Commander connection but Cobra La was kinda creepy. There was some real body horror potential.

Because no one would follow an uncharismatic bore like Soundwave.

so true
sometimes when i have to wait (appointment/work/etc) i play the movie in my mind.

but i think i will watch it tonight.

alamo theater should do it

Hey no one calls Soundwave uncharismatic! even if it doesn't match up with canon I like to imagine that the Cobra Commander that was transformed into a snake was an imposter sent to take over Cobra. The real Commamder became Old Snake.

This movie is fucking shit

>Wheeljack dies
>Prowl dies
>Ironhide dies

They didn't even put up a fight

>Optimus Prime dies
>Hotrod got him killed
>Becomes Prime

What a stinking load of SHITE

If one includes the DiC episodes it can still be canon that he's Old Snake.

Optimus got himself killed. That's the point of his character. Optimus CAN'T kill Megatron, he knows he can't. He always wants to find another way. Even if Hot Rod hadn't jumped into the fray, Prime was never going to pull that trigger. That's not who Prime is.

Well, unless it's Bay's Prime.

Is there any reason to watch the DIC episodes other then seeing the CC turn back into a man?

Uhhhhhhhh....no, not really.

DiC is like the goofiest Sunbow episodes, if you like your GI Joe full of complete silliness.

There's honestly a two parter episode where Joes and Cobra team up to take down DRUGS.

Also moments like this

youtube.com/watch?v=t0d3hUh2sYY

Metal-Head is based.

No matter how old I get, that scene never fails to give me goosebumps.

"For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron but now you shall witness IT'S DISMEMBERMENT!"

Which version? The one where spike cursed (the good version) or the one where that was dubbed out?

>Is there any reason to watch the DIC episodes other then seeing the CC turn back into a man?

Operation Dragonfire was written by a Sunbow writer and it's as good as any Sunbow 5-parter (better than Revenge of Cobra, anyway).

After that? It's a crapshoot. Some episodes are alright; most are terrible.

Someone ought to make a recommended viewing list.

>Someone ought to make a recommended viewing list.

Found an article that has recommendations for the first DiC season, but not the second:

>adventuresinpoortaste.com/2012/06/28/g-i-joe-a-real-american-hero-series-2-season-1-dvd-review/

Basically, they suggest:

>Operation Dragonfire (duh)
>Victory at Volcania
>Granny Dearest
>The Nozone Conspiracy
>Pigskin Commandos
>Injustice and the Cobra Way
>I Found You... Evy
>The Mind Mangler

Season 2 I hear is even goofier/dumber than season 1. That makes it either better or worse, depending on who you ask.

I love the art style of 80s Toei animation.

>I love the art style of 80s Toei animation.

You mean the fact that there was an error in every cel and the animation was total dogshit?

Who cares
As someone who loved the G1 cartoon...I didn't feel much of a connection to hardly any of the characters, G1 rotated it's huge cast constantly and most of the characters were more a single character trait or gimmick than actual characters outside of a few

But then again maybe I'm biased because the only characters I actually gave a fuck about outside of Prime were all Decepticons, but really as a kid I didn't give a single fuck that a bunch of the Autobots got scraped and replaced with other one dimensional good guys