AQUAMAN #4 STORYTIME

Come here to read about Arthur in jail, Mera in the White House and Black Manta with his new waifu

Variant

>Implying it's not manta who is eyepatch's waifu

The end.
I liked how Arthur was trying his best to solve this peacefully, while everyone else just kept screwing up

oh god. Mera is such a fucking cunt

thanks, guy

It ain't easy being Aquaman

>tfw have the new Inhumans something something storytime open in another thread, and people are asking if Medusa is the most incompetent queen in the MCU

Mera's pretty great.

>fighting Atlantians underwater
How retarded do you have to be to think this is a good idea?

Honestly, while she and everyone but Arthur got played pretty hard, I think she did the best thing she could have under the circumstances.

Her being in some cell at a different facility from Arthur wouldn't help solve this problem.

I like sarcastic Arthur.

Excuse you bitch
How many kids have you murdered again? Oh that's right

>Aquaman and Mera are effortlessly bullet proof
>Wonder Woman needs a shield or bracelets to deflects bullets

damn son

If it makes you feel better Mera, about half of America wants to do that at any one time too.

>attacks a fishman wield 2 blades with his fists

>Arthur will never bully you

>still no Sark

she did nothing wrong besides breaking him out like right when they might have agreed to let him go

Is that Aquagirl?

This is good shit. I'll have to buy the trade when it comes out.

Yeah its Tula

>What is Diplomatic Immunity?

>fish people
>rights

I like this aquapolitik shit.

Mera best waifu

Black manta is gonna kill her and the whole NEMO retards, or will take their resources at the very least.

I can't see him working as a underling of anyone, even in forever evil he was side-by-side with fucking lex luthor, sinestro and black adam like if it was nothing.

Really wish he didn't let go of the bit and later had a tank with a turbot in his cell.

This, is definitively shaping out to be a great Aquaman run.

I wish the variants were a bit more dynamic, because I love the overall style of them.

She's always been hotheaded. Of course, it doesn't help that everyone else is being so trigger happy as well.

He's going to subvert it from within. Making Manta in someway a counterpart to Aquaman as a leader would be a great place to take the character.

I hope the Fisher King isn't Orm, I'll be upset.

Well back during the ice king arc there was a statue that looked like The Fisherman along side Trench Xebel and Atlantis statues so maybe it's a new take on him

>bottom panel
Artist forgot about the handcuffs.

Really don't like Tula's new costume.

In Arthurian legend theFisher King, or the WoundedKing, is the last in a long line charged with keeping the Holy Grail. Versions of his story vary widely, but he is always wounded in the legs or groin and incapable of moving on his own.

So Mera, you would say that you find this whole situation to be... outrageous?

I doubt it would actually be him if that's the angle being presented. Probably somebody inspired to use his moniker.

No??

I think he just overestimated the slack

The other Atlanteans didn't really fuck up. Murk's crew had shit timing, but they *had* to do something. Probably would've worked better if they waited until Arthur/Mera arranged for them to work together.

They should have surrendered. Tula fucked up telling them to withdraw instead.

Probably should've arranged a joint op.

The chief was right about Mera playing the royalty card. In modern politics, that doesn't usually have much weight, especially with Americans.

Yes.

>Atlanteans win
>Americans cry that it's an act of war
>Literally every Atlantean points out the hippocrisy
>Americans don't listen
How I forsee the rest of this issue

That's a strong point of this comic, the US isn't being evil or unreasonable, from the information available to them, those are justifiable actions. And I always disliked how the underwater monarchy ravaged by constant civil war wielding pointy laser sticks and trying to punch their way out of any problem had this air of superiority against "primitive" surface dwellers.

Why does every American in this book act like a complete and utter fucking retard? I really want to like the book and do for the most part but every time any American is on the page they're just complete fucking idiots.

nice to see these posts back to back

The problem being is that they just arrested a foreign head of state with zero evidence. This is coming immediately after Atlantis' embassy was attacked by a presumably American citizen and known international criminal who received a pardon from the US government not that long ago. Any justification the US is using applies equally well, if not better, to the US itself.

Mera is really just so hot, I can't understand why Arthur has not make her pregnant yet...

Thanks OP

Mera nominated for best queen, she is the loving, beautiful, superpowerful partner every king needs.

wow what the fuck is Tula wearing

seems like a pain to be the king

One murdered baby is enough.

They are justifiably scared of Atlanteans after they wrecked every major coastal US city on a whim.

Makes me wish I'd saved that, "I don't always kill children, but when I do, they're Aquaman's" edit.

I don't think the character's origins will be inspired by the myths but just in case: aren't Atlantis and Camelot related in the DCU's magic system? Something about Camelot being mostly populated by Atlantean refugees, and Homo Magis originating from Camelot? Did I dream that bit of lore?

And half population of the world too

Learn Medusa, this is one True Queen

Aquabro is a bro.

Hellyeah

>1872
It's Captain Nemo.
Nemo founded Nemo.

20 000 leagues was published in 1870.

I sure hope not. That seems way too obvious.

>Arthur, I tried to make peace but that guy won't let me.
>Yeah? Him and what army?
>The US Army.
>Ohhhh that's a good army.

It makes sense.
"Nemo" was always a code name.
And the agenda of "NEMO" is the same as Nemo's.

They'll have some bit as when the original Nemo died, he passed on the title to the subordinate.
And now it's expanded into a whole organization of Nemos. NEMO.

Then Black Manta will kill the leadership, take control, and then say "If anyone asks who did this, tell them Nemo did".

Or someone used his name as inspiration.

America had no intentions of trying to cooperate. Hence why they never let Arthur even speak to the President and kept talking down to him the whole time.

The "real" Nemo was alive in 1872, though.

Arthur's life is suffering.

It's been a while since I've read The Mysterious Island, so I may have the timeline messed up, but I'm pretty sure they were on Lincoln Island for less than five years, and they landed on it during the Civil War. Nemo dies at the end of it, so he shouldn't be alive in 1872 unless I've completely underestimated how long the book lasts.

>they landed on it during the Civil War.
You must have messed up the timeline since 20 Thousand Leagues begins in 1866.

Bump

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about The Mysterious Island, the book where Captain Nemo dies. The cast of that book are prisoners in the South that steal a hot air balloon to escape and end up stranded on an island. I'm almost sure that they only go through two or three winters.

Yeah, but I'm saying since the Civil War ended in 1865 and Captain Nemo is at his peak in 1866, after the War, then the castaways must have been on the Island for many years.
Especially since Nemo is evidently described as an old man in Mysterious Island.

>Muh surface-dwelling, air-breathing, uncivilized primitives
That's racist.

Where is my Sark?

>What is Diplomatic Immunity?

Something that doesn't exist during wartime?

A head of state is a head of state, whether they got there by election or birthright. Foreign heads of state get treated with a certain level of respect, even the ones we don't like.

>You people
When did DC turn into Marvel?