DC=Better comics

DC=Better comics
Marvel=Better movies

Is that objectively right?

So.. you never saw Watchmen?

Yep it's generally correct.

However this thread will be filled with DC fanboys saying that BvS was just too deep for the general populace to understand without realizing they're making an ass out of themselves and everyone is laughing at them along with Marvel fanboys defending Bendis' SHENANIGANS

>better movies
>movies, plural
>user posts a single movie to disprove OP's point
Think things through before you post.

Marvel Comics used to be better until the last ten years, before diversity and pandering took precedence over story and Bendis wrote every fucking comic they put out

Watchmen was a terrible movie.

>Marvel Comics used to be better
Maybe in the 70s. 80s are split at best, 90s, 00s and do far 10s are all DC.

Its right but how the fuck could that possibly be objective.
Watchmen was fucking horrible they changed the fucking ending

Marvel generally has better runs, DC has better storyarcs/graphic novels.

Marvel Knights and MAX were GOAT

No. DC comics suck as much as Marvel's movies suck

>Objectively
If we are talking about the massive amounts of money Marvel made then yes. more people paid to be entertained by marvel than by dc. this is a fact

They were okay but no Vertigo.

Is this a meme?

Marvel and DC were pretty split 2000-2010. Marvel has only really gone to hell in the last 6 years.

It's not just that they changed the ending, it's that the new ending doesn't actually make any sense.

Yes but prepare to get blasted by Snyder Defense Force

People often forget DC still has better games ,animated movies and animated series wich in my opinion makes them the better company overall even if Marvel makes more money.

I'd say
DC = Better cartoons
Marvel = Better movies

Comics-wise it can go either way

i feel like marvel takes more time to do a story arc. Dc just seems to have like 2 issues per story arc and then when they start the next story they completly disregard the previous story arc. I think that if dc had better continuity their comics would be better than marvel.

You put all marvel movies together, it's not even half of Watchmen.

the ending in the comics was awful to begin with. Don't even try to argue the giant monster makes sense.

Watchmen, V for vendetta, the batman trilogy.

Yeah, better than Marvel, definitely.

2000-2010 DC still put out GOAT stuff. Marvel went into full even mode in the mid 00s

Yeah
DC or should I say Warn a brotha is just plain shit at making movies for them

Right now? Yeah. But I really did like BvS despite its problems and I'm sad that Warner Bros. just keeps panicking and digging a deeper hole whenever things don't go to plan.

No, it's an actual post by an actual user. Marvel generally has better long lasting run (Kirby and Lee on FF, Ditko, Romita and Lee on Spider-man, Roger Stern on Spider-man, CC on X-men for 16 years, PAD's Hulk, Walter Simonson on Thor, etc), whereas DC's best stories are usually (but obviously not always) standalones arcs/graphic novels (For the Man Who Has Everything, Year One, The Killing Joke, COIE, etc). This has only really changed in the past two decades or so.

Burton Batman, Donner Superman, and TDK series are better than the collective whole of Marvel movies though

>Marvel comics used to be better

lol, this delusion

> Better comics
Well right now they're both awful. As a whole I'd say both companies are about even, which makes sense since the majority of the creative talent has jumped back and forth

>Marvel has better runs

but that's false.

Spotted a cuck who doesn't read comics

No user. DC still has old legendary runs like GL/GA, O'Neil/Adams Batman, Saga of The Swamp Thing, Fourth Worl Saga, The Question, Morrison Animal Man and Doom Patrol, Shade, Starman, Ostrander Spectre, JLI etc

DC has better runs

Nah, the big runs of Marvel are still better.

Don't make me laugh.

Don't make me loose my sides.

Good one, son.

Marvel currently has good comics, just like DC has bad comics, just like Marvel has bad movies...

...But DC currently has not a single good movie.

Thanks, dad.

DC
>comics
>games
>animated
>tv

Marvel
>movies

Really want SS to be good, but from the looks of things I'm not sure it will be.

Almost all of those are under four years length. Claremont's X-men run lasted as long as this century has.

And I specifically mentioned long lasting runs in so it's a valid defense of my original statement.

And? Since when does length=quality? Most of those are 50+ issues

And they're almost all arcs whereas the Marvel runs are continuing sets of stories.

I never said they length equal quality, simply that DC has better story arcs and Marvel has better runs.

They're not arcs, you imbecile, they're runs.

This.

..is wrong.

>DC = Flawed movies, great comics and consumer friendly
>Marvel = Fun and mediocre movies, horrible comics and lousy sales tactics

It's weird, the movies are making Marvel money and making their characters popular, but it's not exactly selling their comics that well. Iron Man continues to do good enough in sales despite being the face of Marvel (until Cap 2). And Marvel has to rely on gimmicks and controversy to sell comics.

DC just can't catch a break in theaters but their comics aren't reflected by this. They've managed to change up their sales tactics and have learned from their mistakes and realize that catering to their fans is the best way to sell comics.

DC has been stuck in second place for the longest time so it forces them to try harder. Mavel is in the lead and they've gotten lazy and lost their way.

Most of the runs you mentioned where runs with a specific long arc in mind, which is different from the type of runs I mentioned in the post about Marvel having better runs.

And most of them aren't as good as the Marvel runs I mentioned either.

I feel like Movies are pretty mixed.

We have Reeves Superman, Keaton Batman and Nolan trilogy. All better than any Marvel movie atm, but current DCCU it's just awful.

It's the truth.

In fact, the only one's that aren't runs with a specific arc in mind are JLI and Adams' Batman.

Because people who are introduced to the characters in the movies don't care about reading the comics. This is what most of my "normie" friends have told me.

>And most of them aren't as good as the Marvel runs I mentioned either.
You're crazy if you think anything you mentioned is close to Saga of the Swamp Thing.

comics wise certainly but films no

Good Marvel film:
-'89 Punisher
-Blade
-Blade II
-Iron Man
-First Avenger (In parts, very good cinematography for an MCU film)
-X2
-Spiderman
-Spiderman 2
-Spiderman 3 (If only fr the Sandman segments, which were fantastic, even if the rest of the film was painfully poor due to studio interference)

DC
-Batman Begins
-Batman Returns
-Watchmen
-Superman
-Superman 2
-Mos
-BvS (UC)
-The Dark Knight Returns 1&2
-The New Frontier

Looking through the list again it seems its actually pretty neck and neck, then again i haven't seen every dc or marvel film, and while DC has better film quality overall i give Marvel props for not using the same fucking character again and again, jesus.

And yet Marvel keeps forcing synergy with the movies. I don't know what's worse for Marvel comics: the movies or the forced diversity.

>forced diversity

thor: ragnarok

True. Around 2006 things started to turn but there were still good Marvel titles overall until around 2010. The events while mostly terrible weren't as bad as now. DC also had ups and downs. Nu52 was rough overall. Rebirth has been mostly good so far. Marvel is terrible right now I'm down to 1 book in the regular universe. Honestly, for me that's the lowest amount I've been at in 20 years.

> Ewing's Mighty Avengers
> Current Ultimates
> Not forced as fuck
Seriously?

>implying those are actual DCfanboys and not MCUcks and shitposters memeing around

>This thread

Well at least most of the arguments from what I've seen here are about actual comics instead of moviefags

Vertigo alone is better than Marvel. With mainstream DC added to the mix, DC is exponentially superior.

You would have to add Epic to make that fair, and then it's close to even

Not true, I think movies are a good way to introduce people to comics.

I myself was introduced to comics via Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. Well it went those movies --> BTAS --> Justice League --> DC comics as a whole.

Marvel still hasn't made a movie as good as Dark Knight.

>consumer friendly
Not really. My normie friends know about the reboots and it's their biggest turn off

I'm not reading anything from DC at the moment.

I am reading Ms.Marvel from Marvel though.

Is there anything from DC similar to that? I don't want to read 50 fucking comics to learn what's going on, just a simple series that recently started. (For the record I hate the civil war 2 tie in shit but at least it isn't super terrible)

>A simple series that recently started

Well DC rebirth started recently. Batman, Superman, Flash and so on are on Issue #4, and there's other titles which have just started up. Now's a great time to get into any DC series with DC rebirth.

I guess Gotham Academy would be similar to Ms. Marvel

Epic was short lived and not that good.

New Batgirl.