The Walking Dead 157 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)

>insert funny commentary right here.
so fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewalkingdead.com/the-whisperer-war-connecting-covers/
walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Wellington,_Ohio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm thinking of getting an aquaman or flash tattoo, any recommendations?

Thank you

Thanks OP.

someone post the B cover, because that one looks awesome.

fin

Thanks!

Thanks OP. Also, is it just me or is TWD comic never discussed here on Sup Forums?

I mean, this is the only active thread and there are only 2 threads with very few replies in the archive.

op here, Sup Forums hates the tv shit and the comic went to shit a long time ago, right now is getting better but I stopped reading it after issue 80 or something like that.

Thanks for the reply. I started reading a few years back when I had physical access to the first compendium. I remember enjoying the hell out of it and liking it much better than the TV series for several reasons (characterization, not being afraid to take risks with the story, 'edgyshit', etc).

I'm still current on the TV series (surprisingly enough) and what inspired me to finally go out and download the rest of the chapters was the introduction of Negan and the famous Lucile scene at the end of the last season.

So far I've not really been disappointed with the comic, although things with the Whisperers are getting a bit drawn out and I don't really know where Kirkman is going to take it from here.

>Thanks for the reply. I started reading a few years back when I had physical access to the first compendium. I remember enjoying the hell out of it and liking it much better than the TV series for several reasons (characterization, not being afraid to take risks with the story, 'edgyshit', etc).
First compendium is pretty solid, I never liked the tv shit, but I don't like tv adaptations for the most part.

I stopped reading just before the negan arcs, I don't remember why and when I picked those chapteres I didn't like negan, so I just completly dropped the book, I started reading again since issue 150 or something and I'm liking the direction, but I'm still not sure about the comic, gonna wait to see how this arc goes.

even I think its a bad idea to let him live.

Negan has become one of my favorite characters within the comic. He isn't even evil either, he's just rash and really fucking brutal.

yeah, but at that moment I felt Negan was edgy for the sake of edginess, so I dropped it.

OH SHIT

Dwight in a tough spot.

JesusXAaron is my new OTP.

fuck.

Bump

thewalkingdead.com/the-whisperer-war-connecting-covers/

Every alt cover for the arc came out.

Notice that Lydia's gun is pointing is Negan.

Wrote into LH about how the issue had serious parallels to 126. Got published when I wrote about 126, so let's see how this one turns out.

I loved it though. The denser writing style makes each issue feel like 1.5.

I love Negan

wtf Carl looks horrifying now

wtf Comic Negan looks like TV Negan now

wtf we're FINALLY seeing more of the Kingdom

wtf Dwight is getting better and better

Thanks OP !

Did no one else think back to Andrea and Dale being a thing with this convo? Made me giggle. I need to reread early TWD someday. Prison is by far the best (horrible in the show).

So is Dwight gonna kill Negan?

He really should - I love Negan like any normal person would but I want Dwight to kill him and I want Rick to approve/order/facilitate it.

Fuck, but Negan put so much work into being accepted again, it would suck if he threw away all this slow development into a rough as fuck anti-hero and just went lolsoevil again

>the comic went to shit a long time ago
When? It got a little repetitive leading up to All Out War, but I just caught up on that arc and everything since, and it's brilliant/ I really like how the focus has moved away from Rick to the other characters and leaders, and how Maggie and Carl have grown.

Just wish they'd drawn out the mystery of the talking zombies a little longer. But I like where it's going at the moment.

Negan = dopeness.

Nah, Maggie will.

I'm certainly interested at the lengths negan is going to get ricks trust. it honestly feels to be going into absurd distances to get some good boy points.

Why is Rick even considering trusting this fuck? It's not like he even helped them that much, he basically provoked a war. Put him back in that cell, now.

Gabriel's gonna pussy out, it was foreshadowed so heavily when he was doing his training.

Real glad Beta Mc2Face isn't a retard like Lenny Of Mice and Men or some shit. Already feel bad enough for the guy. He dindu nothin but stand his ground 1 time.

Dwight should've grabbed the gun and shot the fucker himself.

Now he will never get the pussi, looks like he earned his name well.

I'm having a hard time buying the Negan redemption arc. I still feel like it's some long term sneaky plot to fuck over the Alexandria survivors. Given how badly Negan was painted I'm just not sure if the comic can convincingly turn him 'good'.

Agreed, i don't believe for a second he's going to be a good guy. He is up to no good, but its how hard he's trying thats got me surprised and even more so when rick is giving him what he wants

I think Rick realizes Negan isn't 'good' or 'evil' necessarily, he's on Negan's side. He looks out for nobody but himself. And in this particular situation, the best course of action for him is to help Rick. Unfortunately, I think Negan knows Beta was never going to let him be Alpha even if he wanted to, so by bringing Alpha's head to Alexandria, yeah, he's not really helping Rick and obviously has his own agenda. But Rick was already sorta planning on fighting The Whisperers anyways, so I think it was inevitable. You have to remember, regardless of what part Negan played in starting the war, The Whisperers still killed Ezekiel, Rosita, and tons of other people from the communities. That enough was a cause for war IMO.

he provoked the inevitable, this was his best attempt at building trust with Rick.

I have no idea if its legit, but it seems to be, though Negan is a man of impulse and if he saw an oppurtunity, in the future, to take over, he would.

I like how they're doing the story though. Right up to the point he walked back to the border I was convinced he would indeed take the Whisperers' army and ram it up Rick's pee hole. It's an interesting twist.

But it seems insane to me that Rick literally offered him weapons after the war. What the fuck?

if he was, he'd have stayed and provoked the Whisperers more.

his goal the entire time was to kill Alpha and leave.

he LIKES what Alexandria is.

Hmm. Actually, the idea of Negan just being selfish and looking for a better deal makes sense. He did seem pretty stoked when Rick was talking about his little outpost.

>Ohio

That's a little suspiciously close. I hope this doesn't bite Eugene in the ass.

Reminder that Negan did nothing wrong.

its pretty clear that this was always going to bite Eugene in the ass.

whoever these people are (whispers unlikely, but possible) its going to end poorly.

remember, this is 3-4 years after the infection, whoever is on that fucking radio has pooled people and resources similarly to Alexandria.

that means one thing, they want everything they have.

I'm doubtful it's the whisperers as they don't seem the type to have technology. I'd assume it's just another community like Alexandria but maybe Kirkman won't go the cliche route and will make them actually friendly. Setting up trade routes with another state could be huge.

Rick is already basically President of the remaining Humanity.

who knew some small time Cop would become so important, if humanity pushes forward, Rick will literally be a Sargon or Alexander the Great character in future history books.

Yeah, I don't see this ending well at all. Eugene's clearly giving away way too much.

walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Wellington,_Ohio

Kenny when?

RIP Dwight

Thanks for posting this OP a Youtube channel that uploads all the issues that I was subscribed to got nuked recently