DCEU's comic insiration so far :

DCEU's comic insiration so far :

Golden Age :
-Supes wrecked car because how rude guy was to woman
-Johnathan Kent (and Martha in comics) says to hide his powers before right time comes, because people might be scare to him

Birthright :
- basically Lex Luthor's looking, his manners , guy is very smart yet can do nothing because he has knowladge without power
-before suiting up Clark several time rescues people then just desapeares, some people knows that he has powers

Earth 1:
-Clark trying to find his place in the world without Fortress of solitude

New 52 :
-Superman's suitis has kryptonian origin
-Johnathan Kent dies by accident, not by heart-attack/cancer
-Batman's and Superman's first very bad meeting (actually happened in post-crisis as well, but in new52 more agressive)

Byrne's run:
-Krypton's war origin
-Superman's power set and power level
-Lois knows Superman's identity, the are dating

For Tomorrow:
-terrorism aspect
-Superman is more brooding and sometimes very rude (especially to Batman), this actually can be placed also in Golden Age or new52, but I will notice it there
-straight christian imagery

Red Son:
-US (more like government) don't trust/hates Superman
-Batman wants to destroy Superman because he is inderelty responssible for death of his "family"
-Batman fights Superman with hepl of Lex Luthor's information

Kelly's run:
-Supes snappes Zod's neck

Dark Knight Retuns, All-star Batman & Robin, Golden age :
-very brutal, manslaughtering Batman, his enemies dies by exact opposite attack, or by their own weapon

bump

Bump

>Supes wrecked car because how rude guy was to woman
You mean the cover to Action Comics #1? Lois refused a mobster's advances so he and his goons kidnapped her. Superman smashed that car as part of a rescue.

So basically it's an incoherent mishmash of various continuities and interpretations filtered through the vision of a glorified music video director?
Sounds pretty accurate to me user.

Doesn't the Birthing Matrix come from the Man of Steel comic too?

Speak english you uncivilized swine.

Nope. MoS and BvS were both great movies with a ton of comics references for fans. Something Marvel very rarely does.

>Birthright
They stopped following Birthright at one of the best moments. Where he picks out his Clark Kent costume and we get some cool exposition about why he will hide as Clark and not as Superman.

If you want a character to be relatable, fun family moments trump holograms in spaceships.

>MoS and BvS were both great movies
They fare a lot better on repeat viewings.

BvS continues to amaze me the more I watch it. I find more new things on every viewing.

That's because there is legitimately depth and decent themes at play. It's just relatively poorly stitched together.

I truly believe there is a 9/10 movie trapped in there, but unfortunately Supermans position was never fully enough developed and the Martha moment wasn't convincing enough to turn Batman from about to kill to new friend.

MoS is actually my favourite CBM.

>incoherent

Care to explain what is inchoerent about itt?

I think the best example of this is Lois and the spear. Snyder wanted to do lady of the lake and worked backwards from that point. His desire to make imagery drove the plot which made the in universe characters actions make little sense.

Well then what should she have done in that situation? Keep the spear and risk it being found by Luthor's men?

No, that goes back at least as far as Reign of the Supermen. Probably further.

>Keep the spear and risk it being found by Luthor's men?
It was an abandoned area with nobody around, as had already been established multiple times.

She should not have thrown it in the lake, only to drown herself, only for Supes to come and drown himself. It's just not coherent story progression.

Reign of the Supermen came out after Byrne's Man of Steel though.

Superman: Peace on Earth
I thought I had a picture comparing shots from BvS to art from the book but I guess not. Someone has it though.

I remember the shot of the people asking Superman for food which looked a lot like the part in BvS where the people were trying to touch Superman. It was a worse situation in Peace on Earth though because Superman had to escape if I recall correctly.