DC Comics To Reprint Each Issue Of Watchmen and DKR In Hardcover, And Box Sets

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/03/dc-comics-to-reprint-each-issue-of-watchmen-in-hardcover-and-as-a-box-set-yes-really/

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/03/bliemey-theyre-doing-it-to-the-dark-knight-returns-as-well/

What could they do next?

well alrighty then

>What could they do next?
Embossed foil reprints

To be fair, that's pretty slick.

Is it at least absolute size or something? What's the point?

I'd like a full Elseworlds collection

cool, but what this is like the 6th time they made a new collectors edition for watchmen?

> WE NEED THE FUCKING MONEY, THE MOVIES ARE NOT FUCKING WORKING

Best of Elseworld Collection

how do you think dc stay on top of trades, user
the same like 6 or 7 books help them tons so they do tons of things with them

They are collecting some of the Batman and Superman Elseworlds (and let's be frank, that's the majority of them) in trades. Saw some get solicited the past couple of months.

Nah, full. That way we'd get masterpieces like Act of God and Whom Gods Destroy

That's not how it works, comic money and movie money is separate. If you see the DCAU getting new collections then maybe it's a sign of that, though even WB animation is separate from movies.

Fuck I want a proper BATB blu-ray shit.

The long, long lengths to which DC has gone, and will go, to screw Allen Moore out of the rights to Watchmen are astounding. I'm actually impressed.

This has nothing to do with maintaining the rights. The normal printing satisfies that already.

On one hand, I'm kind of mad that they're still fucking over Moore.

On the other hand:

I FUCKING WANT THE SHIT OUT OF THIS HOLY CHRISTING FUCK

Fuck it. Give me a 3D version with those red-blue glasses.

Besides aesthetic, why should I buy this over picking up a thirdhand TPB from a fleamarket?

All-Star Superman?

you shouldn't, knowing how DC binds their hardcovers this will probably be glued and fall apart on you just as quickly as the trade anyway

Neat
>$125
wait
>You’re not getting any extras that you’d get in the Absolute Edition.
what
>the black-and-white version, also out in November, Watchmen Noir.
jesus christ

>WATCHMEN begins with the paranoid delusions of a half-insane hero called Rorschach. But is Rorschach really insane-or has he in fact uncovered a plot to murder super-heroes and, even worse, millions of innocent civilians? On the run from the law, Rorschach reunites with his former teammates in a desperate attempt to save the world and their lives, but what they uncover will shock them to their very core and change the face of the planet!

We already have ENOUGH versions of watchmen making a hardcover of each issue is just beyond anything good or fun.

>IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S GOOD OR FUN, GIVE US YOUR FUCKING MONEY

>hardcover boxsets
Literally my favourite format.

What a waste of money these would be... and shelf space.

DC tries over and over and over again to give Moore money for it and over and over and over again he refuses it on some ridiculous moral grounds.

Guess those DK3 hardcovers are selling well.

I guess they could set up a Patreon...

That Ozy is adorable

Hardcover every individual page of The Killing Joke, with both colorings!

those moral grounds are known as "what the fuck is rebirth all about"

>Watchmen Noir

>WATCHMEN begins with the paranoid delusions of a half-insane hero called Rorschach. But is Rorschach really insane-or has he in fact uncovered a plot to murder super-heroes and, even worse, millions of innocent civilians? On the run from the law, Rorschach reunites with his former teammates in a desperate attempt to save the world and their lives, but what they uncover will shock them to their very core and change the face of the planet!

Hell, I bet DC could cut down to publishing only Batbooks and reformatted collections of classic runs and find themselves making as much money as they do now. I mean, shit, there are some amazing comic arcs that I either have to pick up in a dozen volumes of thin, floppy trades or actually scour local cons and stores to pick up individual back issues. If DC showed me a pretty package of Johns JSA run, complete with Ross covers poster set, I'd mail my wallet to them with a freaking wishlist of other sets I'd like to see/buy.

Appropiately enough this Moore piece came out today (last page here)

You know, I was reading a book on Alan Moore quite recently and discovered that DC could have resolved the whole problem quite early by just renegotiating the contracts (as they did with Neil Gaiman and a whole host of other creators from the 80s/early 90s) but they still chose to fuck him and Dave Gibbons over.

People always forget Dave Gibbons kicked up just as much of a stink over Watchmen. Then again, people seem to have forgotten Dave Gibbons entirely these days, mores the pity.

Moore has always stirred up things fighting for creators right (and not just for him, let's not forget he took his name off the Miracleman reprints and had Marvel pass his money to Mick Anglo's family instead) and I guess over the years that has amounted to people thinking "maybe you're the one with the problem, Alan, not the industry."

>that has amounted to people thinking "maybe you're the one with the problem, Alan, not the industry."
Well, that means people are retarded then, including a huge fucking chunk of this very board.

True. Let's not forget that it was Fleetway's abominable treatment of its creatives on 2000AD that led to Moore and basically everyone else on the comic coming to America in the first place. No matter how bad the Bog Two are and were, they weren't a patch on Fleetway back in the day. He (along with everyone else it seems) also clearly liked and respected Karen Berger, and if you read what he said at the time he's full of enthusiasm to work for DC. It's the betrayal of that initial promise as much as anything else, I think.

Thinking about it, every time Moore starts to feel a bit optimistic about something the universe appears to shit on him for it. No wonder he gets irritable.

Unless the contract was nullified or something, if DC stops printing Watchmen the rights should actually get back to Moore and Gibson as originally intended

A Morrison Seven Soldiers version of this would be sweet

Watchmen will never go out of print even without this new edition

They're doing op's thing for more money since they've done so many other editions for most of their best sellers
They're running out of ideas though I hope that means we'll get a new edition of TKJ with original coloring eventually

I'd prefer the Hiroshima Angels of the Bernies

this is amazing

I've seen people say DC and Marvel need to just say fuck it, stop making new material, and just reprint stuff

>respected Karen Berger,
And Len Wein

Wein had Alan Moore send him a copy of every script he wrote, even if he wasn't editing it

>Thinking about it, every time Moore starts to feel a bit optimistic about something the universe appears to shit on him for it

> I sure do feel great about ABC
> I've got some really talented artists all set up to work on intelligent and creative superhero comics that can appeal to readers young and old
> Hey Alan it's Jim Lee, we just sold Wildstorm to DC