CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. As usual, I will be assisting with answering questions and helping people out.

How are you all doing?
Anyone watching the Olympics? What sports you keeping up with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/radical-traditional-catholicism
rosary-center.org/howto.htm#loaded
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Marvin Gaye's "God is Love"
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104

>Om's Pilgrimage Album
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs

>Sufjan Steven's "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k

>mewithoutyou - Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE

>Young Oceans - ONLY YOU (TOKEN MAINSTREAM ADDITION)
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs

>Bobby McFerrin's Joshua
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o

>Psalter's Lord's Prayer
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk

>Janelle Monae's Victory
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA

>Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA

>Nick Drake - Pink Moon (full album)
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo

>Mary Lou Williams - Anima Christi
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA

Hymns

>A nice Latin hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4

>Nice Orthodox hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U

>A nice Coptic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw

>18th century English hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs

>The Lord's Prayer in Swahili, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

>A nice collection of South Pacific Island hymns from the movie The Thin Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4

>Hail Mary in Latin, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I

>Hallelujah Chorus done suddenly in the public
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU

>Quality Icelandic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0

Are you a priest, or deacon?

No, but I am fairly well-versed of Catholic and Scholastic thought.
I also post cool art.

Ok. No bully was just curious.

>tfw God answered my prayer
Stay woke brothers

No problem. I can't bump the thread since I'm the OP but I'll post art and funny stuff.

Fuck off, Wolfy. is over there. Go there if you want to circlejerk about your superstition.

Catholics are heretics. Anyone who says otherwise is a faggot

I'll bump you. I was raised Catholic and after getting laid off two years ago I found work at a Catholic Church. It's great so far.

He's just a tripfag.
How?

Ijob. Answers.

It wouldn't be the same without you, user. Good to have you and thanks for the bump.
Oh how neat. You have me curious then: What do you do there and whats the pay like for a church?

Post rare Madonnas (not the singer)

Not rare but some lad gave me this as a gift

I do maintenance for a small parish. The pay is ok for just starting out but the benefits paid by the diocese are incredible. I end up making full time money for part time work.

I'm having to rebuild my resume and hopefully will be able to move to one of the bigger churches later, or maybe even a school.

Ill post what I have.

>Bible says to not worship The Queen of Heaven
You worship Mary as the Queen of Heaven

>2nd commandment is to not make graven images or statues and give revere them
You have like ten thousand "Saints" and "Virgin of X place"

>Bible says priests and teacher may marry
You forbid marriage to the autorithies of your church

>Bible says you have no mediator to God but Jesus only
You say Pope is the mediator between men and God

Rebutals as to why you go against basic orders of the Word you say guides you?

Nice to see you Wolf.

Have you seen this?

splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/radical-traditional-catholicism

As a Latin-Rite attendee, this concerns me.

>

Oh cool, here's to hoping it'll stay a safe place to work while you're getting back up on your feet fully. I hope the community there has been good to you, even if you aren't working during Mass hours (I assume).

>Bible says to not worship The Queen of Heaven

There is no worship of Mary and the title of Queen of Heaven in the Bible is speaking of a different person altogether thousands of years back.

>2nd commandment is to not make graven images or statues and give revere them

There is no worship of these images, there is no reverence to the images themselves, and there is support of carving statues and such for God and supported by God in the Bible. You're confused.

>Bible says priests and teacher may marry
They all may but one rite (the Latin rite) follows the advice of St. Paul and focuses on the life of church instead.

>You say Pope is the mediator between men and God

The pope is not a mediator.

We don't go against teaching, you're simply confused.

>splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/radical-traditional-catholicism

What.

I don't have much interaction with traditionalist Catholics outside Sup Forums but this surprises me. I would not imagine this whatsoever.
Honestly I'm a bit bewildered this would come up.

>page 6
We may not make it, peeps.

In reference to this.

God bless this thread.

Yes, we are few.

Getting labeled as a hate group, I mean, that's crazy.

And of course, Francis won't say a word about it.

Catholicism or Orthodox?

On one hand Catholicism is de juri the legit Chridtisnim. It's also got cool art and history. And I believe in the purgatory.

On the other there's Orthodoxy, which is the de facto true Christianity. The priciple of the infallibility of the Pope is true, better people attend Orthodox churches and it's more Christian overall.

All in all they're pretty solid and each product and cons nullify each other.

By principle of inertia I'll keep being Catholic until I make up my mind because im baptized a Catholic.

I wonder if possible to be a Orthodox Catholic Christian? Attend both churches, be baptized in both, suport the idea of reunification, etc. Would there be a problem with that? Would priests get mad at me? Tell me about it.

>tfw there won't be a new crusade

Thank you.

I want to think they saw Sup Forums and 16/2chan trad caths and went overboard, if not entirely antagonistic. This is just absurd.

Francis has been getting me more and more upset over time. He's not an antipope like some more sensationalist people would assert but he really has the politics he grew up with influence all he does. It annoyed that hell out of me in Poland.

Catholocism, orthodoxy is catholocism perverted for the state.

Pray the rosary

Wait, were you at World Youth Day?

I wanted to go so bad. Meeting a polish catholic qt is my dream

Awww shiet.
Nice to see you and the rest of /ChG/ back, Wolfshiem.

Keep up the good work friend. The world needs more Christianity, spread the word of God when you can, when it's appropriate.

Oryhodoxy is missing the rosary prayer and the sacred heart devotion
Two weapons the catholic church uses against communism and islam.

Rosary prayer defeats islam

Rosary prayer defeats communism

I support both churches insofar as the differences aren't insurmountable and both can effectively lead the way to salvation for any laypeople. However, the community should not decide how you choose your faith as there are distinct difference in their ideological beliefs that need be addressed. An "Orthodox Catholic Christian" would be a Christian that is both Catholic and Orthodox which would mean supporting and upholding both ends of their disagreements, which makes no sense at all.

I'd say stay to Catholic Churches and find a nice community for yourself insofar as I find them to be true but if this is important to your faith I'd recommend looking into their ideological differences rather than trends within them. Choose something based on its own virtues and not other things surrounding it.

watching female atletism brasil got 2nd
btw if i was going against bolt i would not even try.

Why are Protestant evangelicals such fucking idiots

I live by this everyday

Because they take everything in the faith literally.

He lives in brazil he should be catholic
Orthodox should only be for those that have no access to a catholic church like most russians.

Orthodox christians should still seek out the rosary and sacred heart devotion.

We all do
Which is exactly why globalists hate us :)

>calling them "Muslims"
>thereby implicitly acknowledging that they are submission to god, which is what "Muslim" means etymologically

Stop calling them Muslims, start calling them Mohammedans like our forefathers did.

End PSA

Yeah I know that last one is LOTR

I agree, we are all Christians and the devil is in the details. However, and perhaps and Im being hypocritical here with the beginning of the post, but having a faith that is semi under the thumb of the state is to me unacceptable. That being said what do you think of our current Pope? I intend no disrespect to God, but I believe the mans a sellout and a tool, Benedict is my Pope.

Protestants have no rosary prayer or sacred heart devotion

Its allways the catholics that have to get down to business to protect christianity.

I got a better word for them:
Shitskins!

I've wondered if Benedict was forced out. He didn't kowtow to Muslims and he was very orthodox.

It's been a long time since I've prayed a rosary. is it an Our Father 5 Glory Bes and then something else? I'm sorry I'm a little rusty.

As a catholic I see pope benedict as the real pope.
Pope francis is not my pope

rosary-center.org/howto.htm#loaded

I was not but I read of it. I figured Francis' support of immigration in the refugee crisis was because of the Vatican 2 decision to address issues with the view of Europe being pluralistic ideologically and no longer an established Christendom. That, on top of simply acting out of charity, that they must not see certain areas as their territory ideologically. However, given Poland is HEAVILY Catholic I am not sure how in the world he could ignore the Catholic dominance and wish to preserve it but yet he did and downright scolded people attempting to preserve it. I lost a lot of hope in him after that.

Wish we had Benedict back, even if he did look like Emperor Palpatine.

I feel the same. Our Lady of Fatima predicted much dissension in the church, and I feel Francis is a globalist puppet.

Is it even legit for a pope to step down?

Is there precedent before Benny?

Same here, Pope Francis is a heretic.

I used to see it as possible. Now I realize it is probable.

It is a globalist conspiracy, which makes me sound crazy.

Last one to resign was like 600 years ago.

The rosary is a our father then the hail marys then the glory be the father

My personal favorite crusade era quote

"I address fathers and sons and brothers and nephews. If an outsider were to strike any of your kin down would you not avenge your blood-relative? How much more ought you to avenge your God, your father, your brother, whom you see reproached, banished from his estates, curcified; whom you hear calling, desolate and begging for aid."

- Baldric of Bourgueil

Happy to be back, man. I apologize for leaving as long as I did.

>against bolt

Wait what. I only care to watch Fencing and Boxing this Olympics. Usain Bolt is showing up again? Ohhh shit.

Do you pray the Hail Holy Queen after? I usually do, but I don't think we have to.

Yes I do after the 5th rosary is done I forgot to type that

I go to a pre-dominantly Christian uni, but all the Catholics here, save for two people, are Vatican II following. It's sad to see, but I'm not sure how/if I should speak against V2.

It is sad to see my brothers and sisters led down a dark path.

If you sound crazy, then I am too. You know that Soros funds a so called Catholic organization that is pushing for abortion rights and other heresy?

I pray to St. Michael after too. We need all the help we can get nowadays.

Catholicism is in dark times, friend.

Where do we turn to, if not for our Church?

I am glad I found a traditional Latin-rite parish, but it pains me most Catholics have been brainwashed.

They don't know any better, honestly.
The reformation caused a dislocation between Catholicism and thus Scholasticism and most of the western traditions up until that point. Centuries after that we have the Protestant revivals (the "great awakenings") and its basically laypeople teaching laypeople. Over time you get a massive shallowing of Christian thought after decades (and in some cases centuries) of the blind teaching the blind.

Ha, nice stuff mate.

No dont show OBEDIENCE by attending mass,going to confession,saying prayers
Dont challenge the church to cause a schism but live a lifestyle that catholic.

Use common sense dont bad mouth the church but also dont lick the toes of muslims

Vatican Il ruined the church in so many ways. I wish for a return to true orthodoxy.
I went to one church where they had taken the tabernacle out of the sanctuary and kept it next to the restroom. Made me sick.

What is purgatory and what scripture backs it?

Crusaderkun, don't be retarded. You're shaming someone for their physical image, rather than ideology when their ideology is the whole of the problem.

Wouldn't say sellout but I'm about with you. Here are my views generally on Francis:

The orthodox church is MISSING the rosary and the sacred heart confession

The fall of constantinople is proof why the rosary is important
Without the rosary you cant remove islam.

I believe this to be an accurate depiction of how Christ views his Church at the moment.

Hm, I suppose you're right.
Their ideology is the problem.

I pray for the holy souls in purgatory

Purgatory is for catholic sinners to cleanse the rust frim their soul before entering heaven.

Why in the world would you be labelled as a hate group?

I went to a parish with a great priest who did Latin Mass (Novus Ordo). He is now at Star of the Sea in San Francisco. The press really trashed him for going back to all boy altar servers.

Hmm. Is there any scripture which backs this practice?

Did any of you guys go to world youth day?