Does anyone here actually like invader zim unironically

Does anyone here actually like invader zim unironically

Yes, the art style alone makes it worth a watch

Yes, it was a fun show.

Yeah, it's alright.
Very indicative of the time it was made, but part of that is because it was so popular that it had a significant influence on pop culture then. The humor seems tired and dated because there were so many derivatives that mimicked it that it became too widespread and collapsed inwardly.

Yes, the art design is great and a few of the jokes still hold up

One of the last creator driven shows i think

New issue of the comic should be out today. No one's dumped it all day.

Speaking of which is the comic good. Or should I stick with the original legacy of the show

I was really happy with it at first, but it devolved pretty rapidly. Wasn't surprised when it got canned. It was a shame, too, because it looked like they'd set up a nice gag about the almighty tallest actually being very short irkans with mechanical bodies, and never got the chance to play it out.

Yeah, in a sense. It's like going back in time and seeing what caused the apocalypse. I don't think it's great, but at times it actually has a real joke or two instead of dialogue hemorrhaging. So it's alright. But definitely caused a impact on cartoons based off sheer merchandising.

So many shows tried to push their cute wacky so randum toons in its wake. Invader Zim is not the best among them, but still good. Zim is the best at least in the way it fueled Hot Topics around the globe. Still enjoy it in small doses, but the humor is tired even without the help of derivative works.

If there is one show that did the kind of off the wall humor much better than Zim I'd have to say it's Ren and Stimpy

Do you guys think they'll add mini moose? He did make it to the Christmas episode, but they still haven't shown is origin or non him in Mon costume.

I honestly think the comic is better than the show. I mean, I end up laughing a lot just based on how much I can feel the show through the comic but there's something there that feels greater. I think it's because comics have a lot less executive meddling as it is, but a content like Zim really thrives more today than ever before.

I will say that a lot of the jokes haven't aged well (mostly in the earlier episodes), but the show just got better and better as it went on and a lot of the frustration from fans at the time of its cancellation is from the fact that the story was getting bigger and more intricate, and so much work and potential ideas went unfinished. Frycook, Backseat Drivers, and the Christmas special are all classics from toward the end of the show's life. Even the earlier episodes from the show's first season had some very interesting and genuinely funny ideas, and there was really never anything else quite like it.

The show has obviously earned a basically permanent reputation for spawning the very obnoxious "random" humor and overall influencing attitudes of youths in the 2000s in that way, but I still firmly believe that there was substance there. The and art music alone were pretty spectacular for a kid's show on Nickelodeon don't you think?

>unironically
faggits always have to add this in like its reddit

I still love it after all these years

Kept getting cut on the show's edge

So you never watched it?

Lol I have. You can't tell me that show was edgy.

Remember dark harvest and piggies of doom

It was fun. What is not to like?

You kidding I loved it. I'm simply here to have my opinion validated because I'm a basic ass bitch

this, why shows nowadays take zero risks?

Sure

>hadn't watched it in years
>parent teacher night episode
>sides leave orbit

something about that whole episode kills me

Girl I've been seeing does. I mean I really dug it when I was in 8th/9th grade for the art style and humor. + I've always like paranormal parody shows growing up on X Files and outer limits/twilight zone.

But this is like a good 15 years later and this girl is 27. Her ringtones are Zim, she has a bust in her room she did in college + her license plate says 'tllest" (like, Tallest, as a literal reference).

It's kinda weird, especially since it had like 2 seasons 15-16 years ago.....

Be thankful she isn't obsessed with Gir and realized other characters in the show exists.

Great visual gags.

One of my favorite scenes. It's not that the kid gets shoved under the couch. It's that for rest of the episode he's still under there.

Of course.

I fucking love Invader Zim

>Imfuckingplying that Gaz wouldn't want to kill Mabel

I watched it for the first time about 2 months ago and was honestly surprised. I went in expecting lel so randumb xdd but it was pretty controlled and consistent in it's gags. Gir is probably the worst thing in the show, but even he was actually funny occasionally. Zim and Dib somehow manage to be engaging as both side and main characters. The sci-fi elements were great too. And obviously the music and artstyle are standouts.

Overall I'm actually pretty bummed it got canned. I'd like to have seen a proper ending.

It had great writing, I don't know why people dismiss it as being randumb, probably because of Gir.

It was revived as a comic, though. It's just as funny, but we don't get the epic score and art design, and it's not as focused on lore and continuity as the show was becoming towards the end. I loved that every bit of the lore was absolutely silly. There was literally a planet called Callnowia, and it was a shipping planet for things that people order from infomercials.

Anyway, I always found the kind of girls who liked Zim attractive, and I wish I'd been confident enough to go after them when they were still around.

It's because of the fandom. People see IZ and they don't see IZ, they see the fandom.

Gaz wouldn't kill a fellow Piggy lover.

What are you talking about? Mini-Moose has been there the whole time.

What a hideous artstyle

My mom loves it.
She's also excited to watch Suicide Squad and see Jared Leto.

It probably has something to do with most of the cast having "stupidity" as one of their defining traits, and a significant portion of the jokes consisting of "a character randomly says/does something stupid or evil, audience laughs".

fucking loved it

also that show did an almost seamless fusion of hand-drawn animation and CGI while it is still a very noticeable problem for modern shows

It was new for a nickelodeon show. Might have to watch it again to form a better opinion of it

it's great and still holds up

disliking it because of the fans is stupid

Yeah, I thought it was a great show with some nice dark comedy. I didn't even find Gir that annoying nor did the fanbase put me off. I miss this show I don't think it could ever be brought back though, not in today's time.

I read the first few comics and went and saw Vasquez for the launch in LA, it was a good time and there were some HARDFUKKENCORE fans there. like, weird cosplay fans and the whole crew of the comic was super happy to have him there.

Good people, good comic, its nice to see the comedic sense of Vasquez modernized but still his own.

You either make money for the company or you're out doing indie shit.

I honestly didn't find it funny. Just didn't hit for me.

Damn, looks like the comic is delayed to next week.

I think the comic is really good, sadly I can't hear the voices that i loved but it's still really worth a read, especially later isues.

Gaz's dystopian gamer world was great and scary

I had a moment of clarity the other day when I went back and watched through the first season again. I regained an entire new liking for it, but not for the same reasons as a kid.

As a kid I liked:
>the lol XD RANDUM humor
>non-sequitur dialogue
>video game and food references
>slap stick

But as an adult I've kind of realized it's a little more involved.
>lots of social commentary (specifically geared towards parenting and school)
>big fuck you's all around to the government, big systems, and television
>There's a lot of great background gags. Even the audio has it's fair share of easter eggs hidden in it. Pig squeals, screams, people groaning in pain.
>Lots of episodes are political statements that you never catch onto

So yeah, I do like it. I like it more for the fact that it's a kids show with anarchist undertones, but I still think it has merit.

Sick quints.

The best part is when Gaz subtlety implies that she's killed people in order to make her plan work.

yeah, its a pretty solid show all around with enjoyable world building and silly stories to tell but it totally cock blocks you because it abruptly ends right when she was getting really good

I loved it then and I love it now.

I really, really love the greater in-series universe that was slowly revealed throughout. It makes me sad to think the ongoing plot of the resisty vs the empire never got to play out properly

great fun show with a great style. I still watch it sometimes actually cause there are things u would easily miss. I have no idea how "Dark Harvest" made it on air.

and one of them was her parallel self
and because she had a funny haircut none the less!

Anyway I loved that they implied that not only she killed people but that she destroyed entire parallel universes just to give Dib a lesson

Rick Sanchez would be proud.

DOOOM DOOM DOOM Dom doomdoomdoom DOOM DOOM doomDOOM

*holds up spoke*
TACOS

HEY MR.ZIM, I TOOK ALL MY CLOTHES OFF, COME LOOK!

Yes it was fun
But the fandom was so dreadful it even drove the creator insane

The comic is actually made up of the episodes they didn't get to air before it got canceled

If you've ever quoted anything or posted a screenshot/gif from the show you liked it unironically.

>I have a mighty NEED

Yeah, it's fun, humorous and does random right. It's got an exceedingly autistic fandom, however.

I might as well be the one to post the inevitable Bigdad.

yes, best cartoon for a children.

It's pretty good. It's not genius but it's certainly not terrible. Just a good show with some good jokes that sets itself apart with its dark tone and cool artstyle. There's a moment of cringe or boredom occasionally but it doesn't hurt the overall presentation.

Love the show
Hate the 'lol so random! *holds up a spork*' fanbase it developed

God, I miss her cute goth dress. Why'd they have to take it away from us?

I enjoyed it a lot more when I was younger, but I still very much enjoy the designs for the Irken Empire's technology. The constant "humanity is retarded" joke is a little old, and GIR needed to have been toned down, but it's still enjoyable.

keep it coming

Not since I was a freshman in highschool.

Yes. It was my favorite show as a kid.