Why doesn't he kill...

Why doesn't he kill? I've seen everything between him hoping people would get better to him thinking it's wrong to kill crazy people.

Is there a general guideline to why he doesn't kill beyond his parents?

Would he save a criminal from dying?

He is a pussy.

>Would he save a criminal from dying?

Yes. He would rather see Nightwing die than loosing his clown husbando.

It's not his responsibility. Death Penalty and things like that are up to the law. It's not exactly his fault that they wont put criminals down.

You really don't want Batman playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner because shit is more likely to go south for everyone.

>Bruce fights the death penalty.

Because he believes killing makes him as bad as the criminals he fights. Which honestly is a retarded philosophy. If you kill a home invading serial killer, does that make you as bad as him? No it really doesn't.

Because it's part of the character.

If you actually read comics you'd know why he doesn't kill.

And it's a damn good reason.

>bruce fights the death penalty

>batman enforces it

Problem solved.

Because he's mentally damaged and killing will probably put him out of commission.
Tommy from Hitman killed all the time and it turned him into a callous fuck.

Did anyone screenshot that one answer from the last thread that more or less sums it up?

Many anons like the "he's damaged and hates death because he saw his parents murdered" or "he's so crazy if he starts he won't be able to stop!!!!" explanations but really those are memes.

Bruce is just a strong believer in second chances and redemption.

The problem is that Gotham never seems to improve. How can criminals be redeemed when they get thrown into a shitshow of a criminal justice system that basically begs for bribery or blackmail to get criminals off the hook?

Then again, I don't expect a crazy person to be self-consistent with their life philosophies.

>le Bruce is crazy maymay

Nah m8.

He attempted to kill the joker twice in the current universe

Because comics are unrealistic user
>armed burglar is breaking into your home
>struggle ensues
>only way to defend your family is by shooting/etc the criminal
Batman "always finds another way" because the writers find him a way
Real life doesn't work that way
Comics do
Don't try to apply real-world logic to comics

Really though, he's just helping a police force that can't catch 100% of the bad guys. Obviously he's not going to take punishment of criminals into his own hands, that is for society to decide. He probably hates the fact that he's a vigilante but he knows no police force would let him do his work without following their SOP.

Batman honestly shouldn't be a dark or imbalanced character. His whole premise is taking on criminals Gotham PD can't or won't pursue. That's the only real justification for acting as a vigilante IMO.

No, the reason he "helps the gcpd" is because he's afraid that if he lets them go after these super criminals, Gordon will rape all of them

Gotham never seems to improve because then Batman's sales would drop.

I can understand the "let's earn a no-prize" type fun of trying to come up with in-universe reasons for and against it, but I understand why so many people get actually emotionally invested in their arguments when it's obviously dictated by meta reasons more than anything else.

*I DON'T understand why people get emotionally invested in it, sorry.

It improves in the long run. Booster Gold is from future Gotham and it doesn't seem that bad.

Personally, I don't think he can't bring himself to do it. It's a massive psychological stumbling block where he can't get past his "KILLING BAD, NO ONE DIES EVER" viewpoint. He uses the idea of not wanting to kill people as a bluff because he can't get past that mental block no matter how mad he is. And if villains find out about that block, it's a weakness they can exploit. So it's easier for him to have a "no-killing" rule. But that's just me.

I'd imagine that realistically, Gotham is improving. You're probably going to see more repeat offenders and career criminals in total because of the broken justice system, but the number of first-time offenders repeating probably goes way, way down.