Spend years developing RightClops and hyping up his character along with the New Mutant Revolution

>Spend years developing RightClops and hyping up his character along with the New Mutant Revolution
>Suddenly kill him offscreen and handwave everything associated with him, wasting years of our time and rendering hundreds of issues worthless
WHY?

Marvel exists only to hurt us

>Mutant revolution
It should've become apparent there was no revolution, Bendis just wanted an angle to hype his shitty run, Bendis NEVER pays off.

wait he dead
How did he die?

That's the stupidest part, we don't know yet, it's going to be revealed in a weekly mini in October

>Spend years developing RightClops and hyping up his character
Bendis didn't do shit for the 3 years he was writing him.

How much you want to bet he'll be revealed to be alive in such a SHOCKING twist after.
Also in theory him becoming a martyr and causing Mutants to rise up would've been a bold interesting move. But the only ones inspired or moved by his death seemingly are college children literally whos.

Should've left this as his canon death.

I don't think you get what they were going for.

Cyclops was supposed to be wrong.

That's why Storm is praised for doing literally everything Cyclops did as if she follows it by the book "How to Lead X-men for Dummies" by Scott Summers

>try to write him as wrong
>end up writing him as even more right

lol

X-men world and writers will never stop shitting on Scott. It's like his birthright.

Rightclops has been developing since decimation.

Context.

technically it is, regardless of how terrible it was.

>doomwank

nah. Better to be killed by Maggot than be part of doomwank

Scott's off screen death has to be tied for the largest modern cannibalization from Marvel against one of its own stars. It's tied with Nick Fury Sr whispering a literal sweet NOTHING in Thor's ear that was strong enough to break Odin's magic.

I hate bendispeak so much.

Foolish mutie, it is an honor to die by DOOM's hands.

Aint that faggot in cahoots with the inhumans

trail of Henry Mccoy from uncanny x-men 600 by Bendis

Yeah, there's a 99.9% chance he's still alive.

Then again, they have two of him so it would be simpler killing one off.

Trial * basically everyone got together to call him out on all his bs or something

Hank from the future brought the X-Men from the past to the present as a plan B to show Cyke how he fucked up. (holy shit that sounds confusing)
Hank in the future also sent Sentinels and mini sentinels which inhabited their bodies and kept them from using their powers efficiently. To Cyclops' X-Men squad and now they're calling him out on it.

that was age of apocalypse dark beast what did the thing with the mini sentinels though

I hated that. They talked about how the powers got fucked up by the Phoenix force, but then hand waved it as Mini Sentinels. It was bullshit...

I started reading Claremont's original Uncanny X-Men run and i realised how much of a shitty life Cyclops had during so many years, he became my favorite mutant, its amazing in how many ways writers find to take a shit on his life.
I just hope Fox's X-Men movies flop harder and harder until they have no choice but to work with Marvel Studios and Marvel gives the guy a break in the comics at least. The kid that played him in Apocalypse was good tho, if it wasnt for JLaw it could've been interesting to watch him grown into a leader and develop the father-son relationship with Xavier.

The silver lining about that movie is that EVERYONE loved the new teens way more than the main plot. I hope they include the cut mall sequence on the DVD.

You shouldn't respond to crap posts like that, they either didn't bother reading the comic's dialog or they're purposely lying about what they know the story was just to shitpost about the comics.
Either way they aren't contributing and will just drag the thread down with their conversation.

I love to think Bendis backpedalled fuck out and replaced Mysterio with Dark Beast because everyone figured his TWEEST.

they're doing a flashback event, it was to build hype dummy

AND FLASHBACK EVENT WILL SETUP A NEW STATUS QUO!!!
CBRfags, not even once.

>Doomwank
Did we read the same comic book? Doom gets verbally dressed down by Reed and fucking eats it.

After he kills Phoenixclops and rips skeleton out of Thanos, sure.

Cyclops suffers for a reason. And his lifelong suffering is about to end. It's about time. He deserves it.
At least he's not going to be sealed up in adamantium for five years. And it's not as if they don't already have a perfect replacement.

Let me ask you all, how ambitious do you think this story is going to be?

Do you expect anything unusual this time? Is all the hype just going to be empty hype again?

What would you think if they actually did something truely uncanny that actually changed everything?

What would surprise you? What would disappoint you? Would you be offended if it actually happened for once?

>that cover
>all around me are familiar faces

>...Utopian places, extinct races woeWOEwoe...

They had years of Cyclops talking up his mutant revolution, actual years of it, and at the end of it he said he was wrong , that there would be no revolution, and shut down his x-men.
Then he died.
I'm not sure what alternate reality version of the last five years of X-men comics you're talking about, but please take that shit elsewhere.

Yeah, after he gets the power of all of reality poured into him. Honestly he came across as underpowered in Secret Wars.
It was the ultimate in shitting on Doom, he was forced to admit he was never going to be as good or as smart as Richards.
As a finale for the Fantastic Four, Secret Wars is pretty great, it just fails as a unifying, status-quo shifting mega event.

What I don't understand is when Marvel purposefully character assassinates Cyclops so many readers turned into Rightclops fags, but when they do the same thing to Beast the same people just eat it up and shit on him as well.

And in the ultimate passive-agressive move, Reed uses some of the power he takes to turn Doom into a handsome IronMan second-stringer.
(DOOM shall have his revenge for this slight!)

You were invested in Bendis' X-Men, so your being upset about anything falls kinda flat.

I don't understand what it is.

Why don't you understand what it is?

Can't wait for Cyclops to be dead permanently and Wolverine to be the new Cyclops.

I need comic where Matt and Scott wear casual clothes and switch places.

Because that's the sort of answer I always get. Doesn't explain anything. I would infer it has a lot of repetition but I've never seen it in actual scans, only the meme of Bendispeak.

So he can bang Jean?

Rightclops wasn't character assassination.
Honestly, that tinfoil hat shit has to stop.
They're making him suffer and having him be unappreciated by all the mutants he constantly saves to set him up as the underdog.
He's basically "The X-Men" personified in a world that hates and fears him despite him having sworn to protect them, but it's his fellow mutants that end up hating him the most.
That has always been how the character was written, can you think of a time when it wasn't?

And as for Beast, he has been making jackass choices forever, him turning on Scott was just a way to dialog the conflict from the most hypocritical character possible so that the readers would side with Cyke.
Hank was set up to be Scott's narrative foil.
Frankly, it's amazing that Beast still has quite a fanbase given that he actually has been recast as a villain, unlike Cyclops.

Ah, you weren't memeing. You see, Bendisspeak moves forward but at terrible pace. You say something, I repeat and add word, you repeat what I said and add one word and call it a day.
See for pic related. Read latest issue of Iron Man, it's terrible.

>Rightclops wasn't character assassination.
Ask Waid or whoever worships ground O5 walk on. Even some heretical Cyclopsfags don't like Rightclops.

>All around me are...I'm not too sure, honestly

I think you're giving to much credit to Marvel. This period of X-men comics for the last 5-7 years really demonstrates the strain that exists when multiple different writers have drastically different visions for the characters, often in conflicting ways. There are clear cases of writers hating specific characters (Cyclops and Beast are the best examples) and setting out to play them up as the villian, while the editorial does little to keep the writers in line/following the same narrative.
This was especially clear when Cyclops was imprisoned post-AvX, where he was being written all over the place.
I think they are taking corrective steps now, but the idea that it was all part of a master plan for the property seems unlikely to me.
The entirety of Bendis' x-men run was just a holding pattern after all.

Fuck this storyline, but god damn if Magik isn't sexier than she's ever been.

This isn't the Wolverine book vs. Punisher book guest-star feuds that we're talking about here...
We are talking about major crossover events, one after another for a decade and character development on an editor level decision making scale.
It wasn't some petty jerk fill-in artist who decided that Scott Summers would kill Professor X.
Schism might have been poorly written but that was the set-up for new comic lines, not some slip-up made because someone didn't know the canon.
Even Bendis didn't set this situation up on his own.
People need to recognize all that and stop making crap up.

Jason Aaron is my favorite guy to blame.

because even when they were trying to fucking up cyclops you could understand the thought process behind his decisions. agreeing with them is a completely different problem but there was a chain of logic to follow. with beast he was doing shit everyone knew was just going to fuck things up. bringing the kids to the future fucks their entire timeline up and did nothing to change the current one.

it was about as smart as taking a jew that survived a death camp and have a '34 version of him telling him to trust the government. the older version is just going look on in disbelief that he was ever that naive and the younger one is going to have his entire belief structure changed or go into denial that events like that could ever happen when he learns of the thing his future self went thru.

Aaron was a fucking tool on the X-Books. Everyone at the time sucked, but I was pretty glad when he left.

Yeah, same. I'm glad he's shitting up other books.
Sorry Thorbros. You guys don't deserve that.

Marvel used to be famous for having writer retreats where they planned an entire year of storylines all in one go.
This Cyclops stuff is going on for a good decade now, whenever they decided to do it, however it ends, they would have had to get everyone to agree for it to work, and sign them all to secrecy with NDAs, no matter who's idea it was.
But when it's finally over I imagine someone's going to take credit or place the blame in at least one interview.

Oh, I know. It's either editorial or one of their bright GUYS GUYS, WHAT IF, LISTEN TO ME, WHAT IF CAPTAIN AMERICA AND IRON MAN WENT TO WAR? ideas that fuck up franchise.
I just like to blame Aaron because... fuck him.

Are you sure you aren't just blaming him because he's the first name on your alphabetical list of jerks?

Heh, no. It's more because I binge read Wolverine and the X-Men one day.
Don't try that. Ever. Bad for head.

All I want is this Scott back, so he can undress completely and make sweet sweet love to the rest of the team.

I think the whole Rightclops revolution was (as they said in the comics) a huge mental breakdown where Scott was despirately trying to continue to devote his ruined life to the X-Men cause even though killing Xavier ended that with some pretty clear finality.
He's a fugitive on the run from the law, he says that's okay because he's going to work outside of the law, again, just like old times.
He's kicked out of the X-Men and half of them want him dead, he says that's okay because fellow criminals like Emma, Magneto, and Illyana are diehard loyal to him.
He's banned from the X-Mansion and considered a discraceful threatening negative influence to the students, He says that's okay because he'll just start a new school in the most depressing and desolate place he could find.

He just might not be okay, no matter what he said. And it was all falling apart, even before he quit.

I'm betting on suicide. Seriously, who would ever want to live as HIM?

Why couldn't they just keep him on Wolverine? IIRC that was a decent run, why did he have go and spoil it with the Logan/Quire/Idie-wankfest that was WATXM?

>Cyclops walks up to the Inhumans and blows his brains out
>Everyone calls him an asshole for it
That WOULD BE what Marvel does.

> giving fox free material to work with

If this is a Cyclops thread, are we going to discuss that harem of his that follows him around making passes at him all day long?

By my count: Jean, The Phoenix, Emma, at least one of the Stepford Cuckoos, Psylocke, Pixie, Maddie: The Goblin Queen and ex-wife from Hell, Frenzy, Blindfold (she"aches"), Eva Bell (but she got over it), Storm, Maria Hill, and undoubtedly Bobby Drake too.
That's one hell of a secondary mutation.

The things, Rightclops is an interesting character to read. He can be Rightclops or Wrongclops, but he's got more presence and consequence in a story than all the other new x-men characters they kept trying to push and fail.

If he has to descend the wrong path then so be it, have his sins destroy him and retire him properly as a character.

Right now Cyclops is effectively rebooted as Youngclops, and that's just fucking lazy.

Because like every other X-writer, he wanted to leave his mark on team book.

I love Scott's face in the fourth panel. He's playing it cool but he's clearly fucking proud of himself for making Hill moist just by existing.

>"you still got it, Scott. You still got it."

>Cyclops is rebooted as Youngclops
>Jean is rebooted as Teen Jean
>Wolverine is Oldverine

Fuck this shit, I'd rather the characters stay dead than have knock-offs take their place. It totally destroys the impact of a death.

Imagine if, a year after Mar-Vell died, another one popped up, virtually identical? "Hey guys I'm from another universe, you mind if I stay indefinitely?" And then a few months in nobody even brings it up that he doesn't belong here. "Good old Mar-Vell, we've been friends for years!"

Also holy shit, Xavier, Cyclops, Jean AND Wolverine are all dead and Magneto runs a team of very morally grey X-Men.

616 is literally a dystopian What If? at this point.

>Imagine if, a year after Mar-Vell died, another one popped up, virtually identical? "Hey guys I'm from another universe, you mind if I stay indefinitely?" And then a few months in nobody even brings it up that he doesn't belong here. "Good old Mar-Vell, we've been friends for years!"
Did that ever happen? Character dies, alternate version shows up and everyone acts like nothing happened?
>morally grey
Led by members of Hellfire Club even.

>NOT giving Fox free material to work with
ha ha, you pleb

Closest example that comes to mind is Blink - the original Blink died super quickly, and the Blink most fans like is actually an alternate version.

But she doesn't hang out in the MU all that much, so it's not a perfect fit.

Maybe Tony getting his mind rebooted after Dark Reign? Philosophically speaking, it's not the exact same Tony as in 2006-2009 anymore.

Fox is doing a good enough job of killing the marvel titles they own and that backlash comes right back to marvel. Just let the series die. Why should marvel bust their asses making good shit when someone is gonna be the one cashing out on it.

I always loved look of AoA Blink.
>implying Marvel will see any movie money Disney makes

Aaron is just a cunt with a lot of the shit he pulls. I mean, he is on par with Bendis with disregarding continuity so he can insert his own stuff in, regardless of whether or not it works. His

I wait with eager breath when he, Bendis and Loeb are considered a cancer and Erwing, Abnett, Duggan and Gillen are given the respect that they deserve.

Didn't some characters get a little too chummy with AoA Nightcrawler while he was in 616, which pissed him off?

Yeah that was great, AoA Kurt was such a cunt.

Haha, what a tool you are!
You probably pray at the altar of Quesada

BUT ABOUT WHAT HE WAS RIGHT?!
No really, I didn't follow the last few years of X-men. About what he was right?

Waco was inside job.

9/11 were kikes

THAT you should brush your teeth

>About what he was right?
1) 2+2 = 4
2) Global warming
3) You being neet
4) X gon give it to ya
5) Fuck you avengers
6) MCU is shit

>2) Global warming
WHERE IS YOUR GODDESS NOW, STORM

In Limbo

Yet a lot of stupid xfags genuinely liked his shitty run. Only because they wanted their nostalgic Xmen back to the Mansion comics. Even tho it made no sense for them to go back because mutants were still fucking endangered.

Right about killing his father figure and then breaking out of prison and recruiting child soldiers.

My theory that Marvel is trying to make Earth X canon grows stronger everyday.

>it's dumb fun, I love it!
All of them deserve to have their knees hammered.
>there are anons on this board who recommend that run
>unironically

That being said a schizm was imminent. Whether thru Beast, Mags, logan or storm. They all had enough of Scotts shit multiple times.

Then returning to school tho? Fucking stupid.

Them going back after AVX makes more sense.

It was always canon, it just wasn't 616.
Also, you should see how many "What If" stories became canon over years

Scott turned somewhat away from Xavier''s ideals, after mutantkind went through one too many crises.

On the verge of total annihilation, hunted and hated more than ever, he created a sanctuary state for mutants (Utopia) and managed to pull through what was probably the most dangerous period in X-Men history - in the span of a few months in-universe, he defeated Osborn's Dark Avengers/X-Men, stopped Selene and her zombie armies, defeated Dracula and his vampires, stood against a Serpent-enhanced Juggernaut, and faced down a team of every single human villain the X-Men ever faced now enhanced with cyborg technology. Oh and he then stopped a fleet of super-Nirmods from obliterating the few remaining mutants. And he saved Hope, allowing her to rekindle the X-Gene with her Five Lights.

This is roughly the backstory behind the Rightclops meme, but he's still regular Cyclops (although boss) at this point. After Wolverine starts a Schism over whether the X-Men should include teenagers (which so so hypocritical, since the X-Men were literally started as Xavier's teen soldiers, and Wolverine is the one mutant with teen sidekicks), Cyclops decides to start a new X-lineup - the Extinction Team. The strongest, most dangerous (and, as Emma joked, nearly all former villains) X-Men around, to remind the world mutants can defend themselves.

Full-on Rightclops happens after AvX, when he goes Dark Phoenix (long story) and kills Xavier in battle. This makes everyone view him as worse than Hitler (despite "I was possessed by an evil force" always having been a get-out-of-free-jail card).

No matter. Scott will get the job done, with or without the old X-Men. With Magik, Magneto, Emma and a handful of recruits, he moves into the old Weapon X facility and announces a mutant revolution (which wasn't much in the end, blame Bendis).

Or, as he would say to his detractors:
"Hated, feared, saving the world. Tell me what's changed."--Rightclops, 2012.