gets me rock hard every time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GezC4wsU__M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>villain turns good, joins hero's team.
Every time.

get back to writting that plot buddy im sure it will be good without our help

>future version of a character comes back in time to the present
>the future is a warzone and they've become gruff, muscular, combat trained, and possibly a cyborg

>hero finally kills villain
>villain just smiles and congratulates him

>hero and villain meet
>no speeches, just fighting

Love that shir

>cute girl falls in love with disillusioned grumpy man
>they work out their differences and go out and live a happy life together

*shit

Sorry about that

>Hero and villain accidentally touch dinguses

every time

>Hero and villain temporarily team up to fight a common enemy
>They make a good team

>Villain gets to do bad stuff/kill
>Hero puts effort and finally kills him
I hate it when a hero just beats a bad guy because he's bad, I need a reason to support the hero, not just because villain is bad and hero is good.

Both of these are good. I'm a sucker for respect and redemption arcs.
This one is good too.

>the villain is actually highly competent and beats the hero on multiple occasions.
>when the hero finally wins, it actually feels like they put their all into it

>villain/antagonist has a genuine sense of honor
>will never fight dirty or do harm to innocent bystanders, especially women and children

>Main Hero And Villain Are Rivals.
>New Stronger Villain Arrives.
>New Villain is defeated.
>Old Villain Saves Hero
>Nobody Can Kill Him But Me.

>villain/protag confident in his power
>takes on their opponents attack head on without flinching
Its so cheesy but i love it

>Villain vs. Villain fight
>Group of villains, each with their own unique identity, power, and personality
Both these are my fav.

>the villain is doing some mundane villainy, but sees another, eviler villain do some shit like threaten a kid/puppy/kitten/etc. and steps in to stop it

>>Group of villains, each with their own unique identity, power, and personality
We talking some Metal Gear Solid shit?

Man, I'm not a big fan of MGS anymore but fuck, I love that trope so much.

I wish there was more shit like this. Villain punishing another villain for being TOO evil.

If you have any more examples of this trope in comics or shows, let me know.

Villain stops another Villain from killing the hero because only he's allowed to do it.

>the comic relief character finally cuts loose and shows he's just as, if not more competent than everyone else

God, that shits amazing. Sadly, it has diminishing returns.

I don't know if there's a trope name for it, but that thing where one of the good guys accepts their fate, and is willing to go to whatever extreme to stop the villain. Like this quote, from Battlestar Galactica.

>Sometimes we have to leave people behind so that we can go on. So that we can continue to fight. Sometimes we have to do things that we never thought we were capable of, if only to show the enemy our will. Yesterday, you showed me that you're capable of setting aside your fear, setting aside your hesitation, and even your revulsion. Every natural inhibition that, during battle, can mean the difference between life and death. (opens folding knife.) When you can be this for as long as you have to be, then you're a razor. (closes knife.) This war is forcing us all to become razors. Because if we don't, we don't survive. And then we don't have the luxury of becoming simply human again. Do you understand me?

Bonus points if they downward spiral into being just as vile as the villains. Yeah, it's kinda edgy I guess, but I like seeing that sort of conflict.

Love these.

Love this too, but only when it's done right.

>Protagonist who is a member of a team gets a power-up or fights the villain one-on-one not because they're the protagonist, but because they struggled and trained the hardest for it so you really feel like they EARNED it

>hero starts laughing while being tortured or trapped
>villain gets freaked out by it and becomes visibly unsettled

Two examples I can think of are Batman related:

1. The BTAS ep where Batman starts laughing when Harley says Joker loves her
2. The part in Return of the Joker where Terry mocks Joker and basically calls him an unfunny hack fraud

I love it so much.

>frank castle

>incompetent villain is beaten and reduced to a completely harmless pathetic state
>endures through the setback, learns from mistakes and gradually gets their shit back together
>comes back later as an actual threat

>I tip my hat to ya...One legend to another.

On that note, heroic or villainous monologue intended to break your adversary's will. That shit gets me throbbingly hard.

Goddamn this needs to happen more often.

Any shows were that happens ?

off the top of my head in Sup Forums id say The question and Huntress from JLU

>>the future is a warzone and they've become gruff, muscular, combat trained, and possibly a cyborg
soooooo much this

>hero and villain set aside their differences to tackle an evil that threatens them both
>constant banter back and forth while they tackle said evil
>after the evil is dealt with, the hero lets the villain go

I really like it when the villain drops his weapon and the hero allows him to pick it up. It's such an easy way to show that the hero plays fair and the villain doesn't and makes it twice as cool when the hero kills him.

>right hand man of the main villain gets tired of seeing his boss be stupidly evil and turns on him

basically, the ending of RotJ will always be great to me

Carrie Kelly Robin.

>the villain treats his henchmen with respect

>villain is giving a long,pseudo-intellectual monologue
>the hero punches him before he can finish

What are some examples of this?

>The villian gets hit on my the hero's female friends much to the heroes dismay.

I will never really stop loving "heroes fight heroes over a misunderstanding." The more it could have avoided with a simple explanation, the better I like it.

>villain loses weapon
>hero gives him spare weapon

Fucking Dominator...

>villain is in the middle of speech and is about to kill a character
>the hero tries to save them while they're distracted

that's hot

does it ever happen though?

KONO DIO DA

>Hero becomes corrupted and turns evil.
>Side characters has to put a stop to him/her.
>Bonus points if the villain joins in to help them.

>smug shit antagonist gloats at every opportunity, taking low blows at every turn
>gets their comeuppance when somebody finally loses their shit on them
instant hard-on every time

>villian loses weapon
>hero trow his own weapon and they start brawling

You sly dog, you caught me monologing!

>Man, I'm not a big fan of MGS anymore
What're you gay?

>weaker ally stalls the big bad for a surprisingly long time

>weakest of the group beats someone who is wrecking the whole team

The best example for the latter is Team Avatar vs Combustion Man

>hero always smiles
>shit gets serious
>hero is no longer smiling

I remember playing some Japanese game where you could end up with the villain who becomes good much to the dismay of obligatory first girl in the party girlfriend.

>Villain heals the hero and his friends before the fight

Doesn't MGS have a lot of crotch grabbing?

>>girl actually wants to come over to study
>>they end up fucking
>>girl gets pregnant
Happens all the time!

>Villain is actually a very loving parent
>Villain and one of the protagonists falls in love with each other.

I'mma need to know what this is.

I didn't mean gay as in homosex, but gay as in FAGGOT.

Initial D did this best as far as i'm concerned

Why is it so satisfying to see a villain act good?

I think it's because it rarely happens in real life.

Ironically, it seems like real people are more one-dimensional than cartoon characters when it comes to certain personality traits.

>Heroes turn out to be the badguys
>villain is trying to stop something worse
It's so hard to execute this but when it's done right, its so bonechilling.

>Ironically, it seems like real people are more one-dimensional than cartoon characters when it comes to certain personality traits.
From my experience around normies, once they decide that they don't like you, there is NOTHING you can do to convince them otherwise, so you might be right. It's extremely petty.

>Villain rapes the Hero

Why does Sup Forums like villain redemptions so much?

>mcs future self is an evil version of themselves
>evil future self comes back to the past to fight they're younger version

Dark danny was great

>dat ronin warriors got me with that.

>Kind and carefree character unleashes hell and becomes a badass when they get angry
>MFW they get angry because someone they care for got hurt

I'm not talking about the annoying "hurr durr imma cute but i could kill yaaa!! XD" pieces of shit, I'm talking about characters who are actually endearing and seeing them get angry makes me respect them.

Because good guys like superman are boring and bad guys who just wanna muhahaha and blow up unoccupied monuments are equally boring.

A villain who genuinely believes they're right is something special.

My hero acedamia

This. And a related one..

>normally stoic or confident villain

>finally loses their cool when their defeat is imminent

I feel like this is mostly a videogame thing

For me, seeing villains get redeemed is something that just makes me feel happy. There are obviously some villains who are irredeemable but the ones that aren't usually have some traits that humanize them, and redemption arcs, when done right, tap into their virtues and help them become stronger/become a better person.

It also kind of goes hand in hand with my love for harmless villains.

>A villain who genuinely believes they're right
That doesn't mean he's gonna want redemption or look forward to get chummy with the hero.

Also, if they genuinely they're right, they won't even consider being redeemed in the first place.

Usually when they think they're right, they have a moment of clarity toward the end of the movie/series and do a faceturn. The theory is they were irrational (usually due to a loved one dying or something like that) and were angry at another equally bad group of people but stepped past the moral boundary to get their revenge. Hero team up happens when original bad guys threaten them both, usually right after the 'what have i done?' moment.

Lots of things, One Piece comes to mind.

This thread is making me wanna watch MegaMind.

>bright eyed, pure hearted hero
>by some means is corrupted and turns evil
>stays evil until they die
>no redemption arc

The thing is I can't think of any examples of this. I just really want to see it happen

>The good guy redshirts are treated with respect both by other characters and the property's universe itself, and have just as many victories as they do awful defeats

Why does fucking everything just have their good guy armies get blown the fuck out so hard it becomes hilarious? Like yeah yeah "Bro we gotta make the threat look super legit" but this shit is so transparent that everyone is bored by it.

You can have the villain faction look intimidating while not making the good guy faction look 100% useless (other than the main characters). I always appreciate when they give the redshirts some victories.

The dude just wanted a fair fight

Redshirts winning is something that happens more in videogames, but yeah I know what you mean.

It appeals to the ideal that nobody is beyond saving.
It's what we like to tell ourselves.

>the villain just wanted a quiet life.

What things treat the redshirts decently?
Halo's marines manage to do a pretty effective job in the overall lore.

>General of the villain's army is an honorable and respectable person, but is simply on the wrong side and refuses to betray his nation, despite not believing in what he's fighting for

>it seems like real people are more one-dimensional than cartoon characters when it comes to certain personality traits.

A lot of things that are regarded as unrealistic in fiction are quite frequent and ubiquitous in real life. One which is, yeah, that real people aren't that complex or deep.

Joke character become the hero In the future

literally lee

>The Hero decides to become Evil after one to many "were the same you and i" speeches
>Hero is much more extreme and effective at being the bad guy
>Orignal Villain goes back to Hero's old friends to "redeem him" back to herohood

That's why it's so good.

Initial D did everything well

>Member of Protagonist's party secretly works for Villain
>Final reveal is heartbreaking to whole team/protag
>many fights after hero always lose because they still sees betrayer as friend

betrayer is never redeemed or is only redeemed through death

This, I fucking love it when villains accept their loss with dignity.

youtube.com/watch?v=GezC4wsU__M

You're pretty good

>the villain wanted a normal life but is too poor
>decides to do some illegal shit
>pays for it and becomes the person they are now.

These tropes sound so cool and I wanna see more.

I hear he was gonna come back for the finale but got scrapped.

>killing Zelos
Why would you ever

I personally didn't, but i can see why people would
After all Kratos > Zelos

>There are people who dislike Metal Gear Solid 4