For the Americans of Sup Forums

Should we bring back the minutemen?
A volunteer force tat would receive military and first responce training so during events of a crisis (terrorist attack, natural disasters, etc.) we can have a quick response force that would still be able to live normal lives, unlike national guardsmen who are basically the b-team army. That way say John Doe could be working at whatever job he is working in when he would be called to a crisis asap. He would be required to keep his gear in his vehicle at all times so that he doesnt waste time going to get his gear before going to the crisis.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_components_of_the_United_States_Armed_Forces#Militia_and_Reserve
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It already exists and youre in it.
/thread

i didnt realize I had received military and first response training

Yeah....you're pretty late to the party, m8

You cant have it both ways, if you want shit tier army training you can train yourself or join the guard.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_components_of_the_United_States_Armed_Forces#Militia_and_Reserve

but that requires the "army life"
What I'm saying is something that would allow someone to receive the training, be able to go about their everyday business, but if there is a crisis in their area, they would be called to that area, sort of an auxiliary force

Just join a militia like a real patriot man, you can gain support in a community through non military means to gain reputation. My militia ran bottled water to Flint Michigan. As for the training, its too expensive to be just handing out to people, they can barely fund the NG as is. As an american youre expected to teach yourself these things and report for duty.

>law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/311

I probably will, I just sort of had this idea and wanted to run it through some like-minded individuals

Dont be discouraged by the naysayers OP, these are good people, and they gave me ALOT of useful training, most are vets anyways so in my eyes its tantamount to military training. People who shit talk the miitias are mostly people too lazy or unconfident to join.

Oh I have no doubt, I just hope that training can be flexible, is it flexible? I want to get my college degree so i need to know if I can do sporadic training or have to put it off until graduation

Idk man, where do you live? The militia scene is different across the country, where I live theres only really one option and theyre very flexible, they let me leave without a fuss when I lost my job and still stayed friendly with me. As for training they have training weekends monthly or more, rain or shine, blizzard or polar vortex.

California

Oh . . . welp, we do communicate with each other and I am aware of some pretty professional outfits out there but theyre really only in northern cali, and good luck joining theyre more paranoid then kim.

well, fuck
>so.cal

u fukkd boi. Just move to a real state after you graduate.

But I like the weather here T~T
probably will move out though, hate the real estate market here

Dude, if you like the dry warm climate Arizona is like the mecca of militia activity, and their militias actually do shit on the border, and are scary organized.

have a friend in Arizona, might go there actually

Godspeed OP, remember dont be afraid to sacrifice for the republic. and with that /thread

Fuck off Preston
Help your own settlements

what do you mean
my name is Weston Plarvey

Modern day minute men are the National Guard.
Any fighting age male is the milita.

I dream of the day someone tries to invade America and is quickly repelled by bored gum enthusiasts

>bored gum enthusiasts
HA, Good luck trying to move your tank!
*sticks chewed chewing gum on the treads