Why do a large amount of American refer to themselves as Irish, German, Italian instead of just American?

Why do a large amount of American refer to themselves as Irish, German, Italian instead of just American?

Most of them are heavily mixed with different European ethnicities and don't know any other language besides English

>instead of just American?
because being American is embarrassing.

Multiculturalism seems to do this. Some have no national identity at all.

Subhuman Amerisharts have no culture that's why.

Because American culture doesn't exist, if you want to feel like a person with history you have to LARP
Of course, they're not fooling anyone but themselves

Exactly. I can't wait til these larping fucks go back to whatever shithole they're from and end up speaking the language like some sort of local retard then get so humiliated to the point he abandons his so-called "culture" completely because no one likes him, and can never see him as one of them, just an idiotic Amerishit who they unfortunately have blood ties with.

bump

>born and raised in usa to 2 british parents
>had british accent until like 5 years old when i went to school
>spend 3-4 months a year in liverpool with my stereotypically british relatives
How british am I?

56%

I'm 6 generation of inbred Germans cunt.

they do it because they have no culture or history of their own, so all they can do is be proud of their 10% viking heritage

They’re self-hating retards I would assume

I only identify as American. Screw "muh heritage", I don't even speak their language

this makes sense

you have nothing to do with the countries your ancestors come from anyway, you know nothing about them, so why associate with them openly? it's fucking dumb.

you're american.

the USA is older than your country hans

the house I live in is older than your entire nation lmao

you're just butthurt that the USA is almost 100 (one HUNDRED) years older than your "country"

I don't know why you're so quick to look for fault in others by claiming "muh heritage", but I really can only assume it's from some shortcoming of your own. Sure it's probably tenuous in some circumstances but who cares? Why have Europeans and their bootlickers become so fixated on this?

They have nothing else but their heritage to make themselves feel special
When they see someone they have decided is subhuman do the same thing, it makes them upset

>tell someone I'm Canadian
>"wait how come you have an accent then xddddd???"
Cause Im French, French Canadian, Québécois how the fuck you want to call it you piece of shit, dont you ever imply Im Engl*Sh again or I break all your disgusting subhuman bones you fucking manlet shitskin.

DAILY REMINDER THAT CANADA WAS A FRENCH COLONY, THE BRITISH SETTLERS STOLE THE DEMONYM "CANADIEN" FROM US. AT THE BEGINNING THEY SIMPLY CALLED THEMSELVES BRITISH, BUT THEIR LACK OF CULTURE, IDENTITY AND SHEER REASON TO LIVE PUSHED THEM TO DO SO. THE AVERAGE "CANADIAN" AKA LARPING AMERICAN IS INDEED, NOTHING MORE THAN AN AMERICAN LIVING A FEW MILES TOO FAR UP NORTH.

>the USA is older than your country hans
>you're just butthurt that the USA is almost 100 (one HUNDRED) years older than your "country"

Kek

because it's ridiculous? nothing wrong with calling it out for what it is

I think you're greatly overestimating how people consider it here, it's more of just a passing conversational tid-bit than a serious identity thing

Because they're delusional, stupid, liars who make our country look bad? Not a single Polish American would be accepted in Poland. Not a single Swedish American would be accepted in Sweden. Not a single Ukrainian American would be accepted in Ukraine. Not a single Irish American would be accepted in Ireland.

wow you really impressed all those europeans! god you lot are more pathetic than some Boston Irish cunt

this

I recently got a job at an animal shelter and my boss introduced herself as an Irish-American.

I don't care about Yuros, I'm angry that people would rather LARP as one than admit to being American.

>you're just butthurt that the USA is almost 100 (one HUNDRED) years older than your "country"

this is true though. i know it's hard to believe ( i didn't believe it at first) but Germany was actually founded in 1871.

they literally don't try leaving your basement for a bit rather than getting mad over something that isn't a big deal outside of Sup Forums and European virtue signalling on facebook

Is it any worse than than the many non-Americans who consider themselves all-knowing experts on American society, politics, and culture despite never having never stepped foot in the country?

You clearly don't live in New England.

>maybe the europeans will accept me now!

this is a meme
everyone I know aside from first generation immigrants refers to themselves as American

Prestige and sense of belonging. "American" doesn't mean anything, it has no identity other than consumerism. It once meant many different things. Freedom, democracy, capitalism. But, with the fall of Monarchies and rise of capitalist democracy across the world, these things were no longer unique to America. Now America was defined by its deep racial divisions and puritan Christianity.

Americans hate Americans more than they do anyone else. Minority groups are subject to White American standards and as a result are insecure and under-perform. White Americans feel entitled being the majority and enforce their standards on minority Americans, or as you see more recently, feel guilt over their status and put minority groups on a pedestal. There is also the uncomfortable truth that certain ethnicities are more productive and law-abiding than others. Whether this is caused by genetics, culture, or some combination of both is entirely up for debate. The cultural and socioeconomic divides between ethnic groups leads to tension and sometimes horrific violence. This situation isn't unique to America but it is one of America's cultural obsessions.

Full blooded American. Never associate yourself with Britain ever again, vile mutt.

I am Italian

Why bother repeating any of these points that have been belabored hundreds of times over? You're not coming to new or original conclusions here.

American is an identity as valid as any other, but please tell me more about my homeland since we should all defer to you of course.

>American is an identity as valid as any other
It most certainly is not.

It is tied to a unique place and a unique culture.

>unique culture
No.

what are you?

You hate America for its racial divisions while admitting that race is real and a proximate cause for those divisions. What would have Americans do about the race thing?

Yes. Travel some. You'll realize just how different other parts of the world are in attitudes. values, and so forth.

"americans" are just criminals and riff raff who stole the land from the true natives
they should be taken about as seriously as sealand

i'm american and i have the unique culture of being free and kicking ass and im all out of freedom

>but muh empire

I do not hate America at all. The opposite in fact. As for your race question, there is no simple, quick answer. You should race mix as much as possible. Become Latino.

>that flag
lol

Nah I'll marry a girl from my own race

Yeah fuck those Americans, true countries like Britain would never take land or resources from lands they are not native too.

>You should race mix as much as possible. Become Latino.

Now I KNOW you hate us.

They can't stop it because latin chicks are too hot.

places conquered by britain hundreds of years ago are not integral to the british identity or nation
conversely, "americans" behave as though they are a distinct people with a laughable pretense to nativism
when in reality they are hoodlums and thieves with no recourse but to sit on stolen amerindian territory

America is where the primacy of race and the meaninglessness of culture, or rather its contingency on savage biology, is stripped naked for everyone to see. one can rip the irishman out of his squelching homeland, scrub his tongue, stuff him with hydrogenated soybean and corn oil. the bog is not an external condition of deprivation. the bog is inside him

America's racial issues will only end with a homogeneous population. Genocide is despicable and out of the question. And so race-mixing is the only solution, become Latino lads. The status quo won't last forever you know. Take the brownpill.

Everyone knows that what you're saying is inevitable, but please let them dream a little longer about the day of the rope, let them meme just a little longer while they're still young.

you really don't understand America

I've heard multiple times from Europosters that White Americans should abandon the US and return to Europe. Because that would make it "fair", I guess.

Abandon this continent prime soil that our ancestors shed blood for. Because it "rightfully" belongs to the spics.

Do you not hear the fucking lunacy of this?

Yeah nah, I'm gonna marry a white woman and have white kids

Leftism is a mental illness

Why prevent the inevitable? They'll date Latino no matter what.
>I'll just move to Europe hurr
Europe will never love you. Your ancestors stabbed her in the back and now you must pay the price.

>white Americans
Why would 2 or 3 people make a difference?

It's genuinely inevitable lads. Low birthrates of whites coupled with immigration and the higher birth rates of minorities, plus the increasingly accepted interracial relationships. If you don't race-mix, your kids or grand kids, or great great grand kids most certainly will.

No they won't? I don't know what your talking about tbqh
I'm having white kids and they will have white kids of their own

>Genocide is despicable and out of the question.

Cool. We'll deport the spics to their countries of origin and the blacks to Libera. No genocide, white ethnostate, win-win.

This but unironically

You're delusional. The vast majority of young people in this country are hispanic. It's normal for most white girls to have dated at least a few of them, even the imaginary white girl you think you'll marry. By the next generation, purely European white people here will be so uncommon that they might as well not exist.

Can you be sure that those kids of yours will only date white people and have white kids? What about the kids those kids will have? What if your kids don't have kids at all and fall for the cat meme and you never have any grandchildren?

You don't seem to understand the name of the game. By the standards enforced by what it means to be white even a single drop of non-whiteness (in practical terms any physical trace of non-whiteness) makes a person non-white. You can avoid this from happening in your generation, but you can't enforce it for any generation afterwards, and it's not like America is a closed system that will remain the way it is forever.

It's a fact of life that the overwhelming majority of immigrants to the united states are non-white, and that non-whites in the united states in the first generation also reproduce more often than native white americans. Europe, the source of white immigrants is currently one of the most politically stable and economically prosperous continents on earth and is receiving plenty of non-white immigration itself which means that you can't depend on them to replenish your white immigrant stocks anymore.

If there is something I'm not looking at or some geopolitical factor I'm forgetting please feel free to let me know, but as it stands I can see a non-white majority future in america taking shape before the end of the century.

again, you really don't understand America outside of Sup Forums memes and television and I'm pretty embarrassed for you that you think you're stating anything clever

>le day of the rope

you're still holding on to that tired meme?

>You're delusional. The vast majority of young people in this country are hispanic. It's normal for most white girls to have dated at least a few of them, even the imaginary white girl you think you'll marry. By the next generation, purely European white people here will be so uncommon that they might as well not exist.

>Can you be sure that those kids of yours will only date white people and have white kids? What about the kids those kids will have? What if your kids don't have kids at all and fall for the cat meme and you never have any grandchildren?

>You don't seem to understand the name of the game. By the standards enforced by what it means to be white even a single drop of non-whiteness (in practical terms any physical trace of non-whiteness) makes a person non-white. You can avoid this from happening in your generation, but you can't enforce it for any generation afterwards, and it's not like America is a closed system that will remain the way it is forever.

>It's a fact of life that the overwhelming majority of immigrants to the united states are non-white, and that non-whites in the united states in the first generation also reproduce more often than native white americans. Europe, the source of white immigrants is currently one of the most politically stable and economically prosperous continents on earth and is receiving plenty of non-white immigration itself which means that you can't depend on them to replenish your white immigrant stocks anymore.

>If there is something I'm not looking at or some geopolitical factor I'm forgetting please feel free to let me know, but as it stands I can see a non-white majority future in america taking shape before the end of the century.

Welcome to Brazil

I'm sorry you had to find out this way user, but it's the truth. There's nothing you can realistically do to stop it. Your options are to embrace it, desperately try to fend off the inevitable for a generation, or move to a white shithole like Ukraine or Belarus where the natives will hate you but brown people will never move there either.

Who said anything about hanging?

I don't think you understand the word "inevitable". As the world becomes more globalised, it will mix you know. It already is mixing, on quite a massive scale. Get over it and swallow the Brownpill.

And why would want any of this for us?

Why do you hate us so much?

Nah I'll stay and marry a girl from my race and have some kids
You can continue to spout your nonsense on Sup Forums
Don't care

I don't want it
I've just accepted the truth

Gaurenteed your some insecure spic trying to get white people to fuck non whites
Utterly pathetic

GOD BLESS! :::DDDD

At least they got the Amish white people

I'm majoring in a STEM even though I hate it because it's the only way to escape this shithole

Those of us with colonial English heritage only refer to ourselves as American.

You hear hyphenated Americans referring to themselves as Irish or Italian because they're faggots who refuse to fully assimilate.

Who said anything about wants? What can be observed from current trends is that the future of america and the world at large is a globalized mixed race except in places with strict population controls like China.

Ask yourself this, why do you think the original European populations that arrived to the United States ended up mixing? Why do you think everyone has an irish grandpa and an italian great grandfather? It's because you were all geographically close enough and there were no political or economic boundaries prohibiting you from travelling anywhere and fraternizing with other races after learning english. Now that more countries are being lifted out of poverty and their populations are able to move around more freely they'll naturally want to move towards the US and reap the benefits of your advanced economy and higher quality of life, this has always been the trend historically and there's no reason for it to change now either.

In the same way that races that were distinct and separate in Europe become mixed after arriving in America, non-whites and whites will inevitably mix when living in close quarters and lacking any social or political reason not to mix.

Most modern white women are unironically disgusting sociopaths, only church girls are worth a damn.

>instead of just American

Because unless you are Native American, it's a misnomer. Europeans that have colonized the New World had to have come from somewhere, and they came from (mostly) western Europe.

Blood is the only thing that matters. Without blood, borders have no meaning. Blood Nationalism or no nationalism. Ethnic Nationalism or Anarchy.

No white women are beautiful and I love them. I'm going to marry one and have kids with one someday

In this scenario, you would be shot in the head and left to rot in a ditch.

I sincerely wish you and your hypothetical wife a life full of love, happiness, and only enough sorrow so that you can fully appreciate your good fortune.

Most white church girls are total whores in America too desu
The only church girls who actually believe it and don't just show up to make Daddy happy before they spend the rest of the Sunday fucking around are latinas and black girls

I think that's a new world problem. Down here in Brazil you see that a lot too with german, italian, even portuguese heritage.

Why ethnic nationalism over just country nationalism? We have some ethnic groups here but they all label themselves Egyptian.

No I wouldn't, because I'm actually white and not le 56% face unlike many "Americans."

The South Brazilians white mutt

The blonde church girl you have a crush on has fucked guys way browner than me.