How do I get into Bicycle Repairman?

How do I get into Bicycle Repairman?

don;t read any Miller, he writes Bycicle repairman as someone who ONLY repairs bycicles, when the bycycles themselves simply aren't what he's defined by

Start with Golden Age Bicycle Repairman. In those days, they hadn't really established him, so he just had a few tools as opposed to being able to fix any bicycle in three seconds. Good stuff, even if it is a bit dated.

Try Bicycle Repairman: The Animated Series

That's not beginner stuff, mate.

Just keep in mind that no matter how much more people try to see into it, in the end there's not much to Bicycle Repairman. It's just about a guy in his pajamas fixing bicycles.

Once you read the more entry level comics try to read Azzarello's approach to the character origins. Good shit.

please, Timm hates Bicycle repairman and doesn't even understand the pathos of the character. he always focused on how hard it was to fix a given bicycle rather then the hope he gave by fixing them and the ethical ramifications thereof. read All Star Bicycle repairman

He should of started with Bicycle Repairboy.

He sucks. Personally the "Colonel" seemed way more interesting back in the day.

Don't bother with anything after Morrison's run. He took a relatively obscure character with silly powers and turned it into a pretty interesting metatextual take on the nature of bicycles as a vehicle metaphor for plot progression and development, and everyone afterwards has tried more or less to do the same thing to less effect.

>Good shit

If you mean "completely ignoring his Rogues Gallery to write a bunch of stupid OCs and needlessly making the Bicycle Repairmen Union a bunch of murderous bastards" then yeah, sure.

That's just too silly.

Try to get some of the Alan Moore issues, however few they are. Sure, everybody likes "For the Man who has every tool", but the one in which he stumbles around in a fever and meets the Blancmange is pretty great, too.

Bicycle Repairman's rogues gallery is garbage aside from the League of Upperclass Twits.

>reading non-capeshit
As if Sup Forums couldn't get any more pleb.

>Not recognizing the Yobbo Crowd as repairman's best Rouge group
Shit taste user

Fuck you. The Spanish Inquisition is top tier.

>He doesn't like/remember the Gumbys at full strength
What's the matter user?
Did your brain hurt trying to understand?

Where Bicycle Repairman makes every girl he meets soak her panties, and where he bares a resemblance to Bruce Timm.

Bicycle Repairman Versus The Bishop is widely regarded as the definitive superhero crossover in comics.

Try /n/ for good discussion on bicycle repairman, you'll only get shit opinions here. Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck unless it has a tv show or movie adaptation.

I guess we dodged a bullet when Bicycle Repairman was not adapted by Zack Snyder.

For a moment I thought you said Millar and was getting really mad cause Bycicle Repairman: Red Son is one best elseworlds out there

>Why don't you just send all the bicycles to the shop, Bycicle Repairman

Good shit

>Threads been up for 6 hours
>23 posts
>No one suggests Bicycle Repairman: Secret Trade

It's like I don't even know you people anymore. Years ago it was everyone's go-to for recommendations. It used to get storytimed all the time. Now people act like it doesn't exist.

Nigga he was decent and military

>not the Piranha Brothers

This thread is silly.

Bicycle Repaireman x Debby Drive OTP

>Red Son
>Goes completely against BRM's anti-communist zealotry

Pleb. Utter Pleb.

Did someone say communist?
KILL KILL KILL KILL KILLLLLL

You just don't "get" Bicycle Repairman

best thread on Sup Forums

>no Dinsdayle, Doug and Spiny Norman
>no incompetent architects
>no Spanish Inquisition
>no vicious keep left signs
DROPPED

Can we all agree that Whatever happened to the Man of Repairs is highly overrated? Moore did an okay work, but just okay not like IZ DA BEST SHIT EVER!!!!111

Man of Repairs goes out of its way to shit on the character
>Kills his Dog
>Makes his Landowner into a complete villain despite him being Repairman's friend
>Ends with Repairman losing his job and being completely ok with it

Fuck you Nigger.

The ASSrello run of BRM screwed the origin completely.

Revealing his Dad went about at night slightly sabotaging bikes in the village when business was slow? Thats just Zack Sndyer-teir bullshit

>Not mentioning The Visitors, the most terrifying rouges of all...

Get out you fucking casual....

GET OUT!

Eh. I prefer marvels Sanitation and Cleanliness Expert to DC's bicycle repair man..

yeah, way to waste good Silver Age art on some edge lord story too

The Grannies arc could have been handled better.

I never really expect them to show up.

This is the greatest thread on Sup Forums right now.

I'm screencapping all of this when I get home.

DELETE THIS!

Making them young women just seemed to pointless.

Was anyone else surprised when they had the Bicycle Repairman/The Bishop crossover?

Do share when you finished! This thread is amazing!

We wouldn't have this problem if Mr. Hilter had won his Minehead By-Election.

The extended director's cut is better desu

Nobody does.

>The Spanish Inquisition
>evil

Fucking JJ Abrams, man.

>Snyder is still directing Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things

>You won't believe what Eric Idle did to prepare for his role in SFPTOTOT! Answer will shock you!

Hah
Bicycle repairman fags will defend this

his weakness to bullets is really annoying

how do the villains keep finding guns and ammo in the UK

It's a fantasy. I personally, always thought the villains-have-guns-stories were the weakest.

They had to find a way to get past his knife proof spoke vest, but they were too shitty to do anything but magic some guns in every time they wanted to up the ante.

>everyone riding Bicycle Man's dick
>not talking about the Ministry of Silly Walks
A one shot sure but gold to the very end.
Especially the guy just fucking walks down the hall to the council without at least l skipping, fucking serious shit there.

Lumberjack was okay until the writers went full meme writing with him.

That one seemed really distopian to me. Not a single ministry should have that much power over how people walk. If not for the masterfully executed fish slapping dance panels, there would be not a ray of hope in the entire comic. But now I hear Sup Forums hates that part since it apparently is way too SJW in it's message. Is it just edgy newfags or do people here really have no taste?

Some people are just mad at how quickly the fish power levels escalated

Lumberjack was nothing more than a shitty LGBT propaganda and you fucking know it.

Oh please, they are the same fags who wet themselves every time somebody pulls out The Holy Hand Grenade and counts to five. They just hate it when someone other than Arthur "Swallow" Pendragon gets the spotlight.

You buy him a drink first!

BUYSICKLE RUHPEAR MAYUN?!
BUT HAOW?

I don't know what you mean.

Say no more, say no more my friend.

Arthur Pendragon is such a shit. The only good thing about it was Moore's propaganda about anarch-commie societies.
I don't get how he got that past the editors, though. Giving the overall apolitic treatment that most of the characters get.

That crossover is just the beginning dude....

"I'm with the government & I'm putting a TEAM together of people who possess fantastic abilities, powers & floss daily!"

Right, I'm putting a stop to this thread, it's far too silly.

I miss Silver Age Lumberjack. It was funnier when the crossdressing was implied, but never shown.

I'm so used to him looking like Idriss Elba I almost didn't know who that was.

>forgetting the musical genre crossover

The man of wheel storyline was what got me into BRM back in the day, it was an interesting story that explained his relationship with the Spanish enquisition, while simultaneously giving interesting looks into his origin through flashbacks. Like how he got his first wrench and whatnot

>post yfw Pontius Pilate got his hands on the Funniest Joke in the World during Final Life

" I. Am. The. New. Pwefect. All ith one in Pilate. Thith mighty body ith my chuwch. When I command youw thuwwendew, I thpeak with thwee billion voiceth. When I make a fitht to cwuthh youw wethithtance. It ith with thwee billion handth. When I thtawe into youw eyeth and thhattew youw dweamth. And bweak youw heawt. It ith with thix billion eyeth! Nothing like Pilatehath evew come among you: Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit ow end. And thewe I will muwdew youw thoulth! And make you cwawl and beg! And die! Die! Die fow Pilate!"

The Death of Bicycle Repairman really makes you think

Sir Lancelot is the best at what he does, and what he does is stab things.

>Biggus Dickus is laying there almost dead in desperate help
>Everytime Pilate tries to speak to ask for help they just laugh at him.
>Last page is him crying in rage while holding him like the pieta
>mfw
He did nothing wrong.

>and what he does is stab things
...If you know what I mean...

Ugh, I just got hit by a flashback from the Crisis of Infinite Llamas. It was such a shit event it makes me cringe even after all those years. That deus ex machina at the end with BRM teaming up with that majestic moose with a name carved into it's hide was bonkers, and not in a good way. He's a Bicycle Repair Man, not a Veterinarian or a Park Ranger, for fuck's sake! Let him save the day by actually using skills he is famous for! It's even worse in retrospect, because when it was written it was supposed to be an unique thing, but then some years pass and here come Infinite Llamas and Final Llama. And don't get me started on those motherfucking alpacas...

Saynomore, saynomore

Are you guys insinuating something?

Sir Galahad the Right was right.

monty python superhero parody when

Come on, that would be too silly

I think that's bicycle man anyway. Bicycle man is more allied to milton, really. And the perpetuem mobile. Good gag though.

I'd drown a baby or two for Bicycle Repairman: The Movie.

When can we expect a live action adaptation of The Spanish Inquisition?

What went wrong Sup Forums?

Why is the red baron hanging with the spanish inquisition as a reference to the black knight at all

He doesn't even fucking repair any bicycles, that's what.

At the end he breaks the bad guy's bicycle to stop him from escaping.

Bicycle Repair Man. Breaks. A. Bicycle.

Man of damage.

>what does the B stands for?

I THOUGHT IT WAS AN EXCELLENT CONTEMPORARY ADAPTATION OF PLATO'S THE REPUBLIC

You little fucks don't know how lucky you are to have all these Bicycle Repairman comics to choose from. In my day no-one could afford paper to print Bicycle Repairman comics, so you had to walk into town to fetch the writer and then move around stones under his direction until they made up the shape of a comic. It was back-breaking work.

>it's a "forces of international communism" issue

god bless you Sup Forums, everyone

Question for anyone that knows, is there something wrong with my copy of Bicycle Repair Man Hungarian edition? I've been slapped three times since walking out of the store today.

Huh...ya know that happened to me too.

Weird.