Telltale Batman

Just beat Episode 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. What did y'all think?

Gordons before Vickis

Daily reminder: Only cool lawbreaking dudes pick red

All about that yellow

Daily reminder there are scum who shook Falcone's hand.

I went with Vicki. Was real tempted to go with Gordon, but I felt like he'd be all OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THIS DID YOU STEAL IT but I'm probably giving TT too much credit.

hate how safe / tame Catwoman is

Want to expand on that?

i'm not hugely impressed so far but that might change. i haven't seen enough of the whole story to construct a proper opinion

i do hate the episodic format, though, like with all telltale games

Yellow is the true answer.

>implying canon blue isn't the best

she has hardly any fun/teasing dialogue and isn´t sexualist at all

if they get so easily triggered by sexy female characters they shouldn´t have put Catwoman in it.
Catwoman looking and acting sexy is her way of getting an advantage over opponents just like Batman uses fear, it´s a big part of her character

Anyone else had this problem or glitch or whatever?
>barely hit the thug at the warehouse
>don't hit with the metal pipe
>don't break his arm for more information
>return to batcave
>Al: JESUS BRUCE HE'S HALF DEAD IN THE HOSPITAL UR NOT LIKE THIS

Yeah I was kinda surprised because I did punch him in the face but I figured that was just a love tap

Right? Even Gordon noticed my non-violent approach! What exactly was he in the hospital for? Being hung upside down?

My biggest regret. Next play through I'm fucking calling him out right away

I mean, she did have a super flirty convo with Bruce, what more did you want? The Arkham city costume? A striptease?

Correct choices:

Do not shake Falcone's hand
Shut out Harvey and don't take any of Falcone's bullshit
Give Vikki a quote, and then later the harddrive
Batter the thug, snap his arm, stay to stare down Montoya when she gets mad about it
Don't brutalise Falcone because the press is watching

Most importantly:
Yellow

my man

yes

but mostly a better voice actress and a more fun version of the character.

right now she is hardly different from Batman

it´s boring

>not going with the colour historically associated with Batman
Disgusting.

The ass is stellar, though.

can´t say i noticed it

it´s not like she showed it off or anything

I beginning to fear that nobody is ever going to to Arkham City Catwoman

playing as her was really fun

Bat-computer is seems like it's usually blue. So I went with that

Dude, it's fine if you just want to jerk it to catwoman, but that isn't really a valid criticism of the game. Or at least a criticism that would apply to most people

>Give Vikki a quote, and then later the harddrive
Why not based Gordon?

Not yet commisioner, working within a corrupt department.

Distrustful because I keep battering criminals.

Time to share your theories:

Who released the documents tying the Wayne's to Falcone?

Who framed Falcone for the explosion?

Thoughts/hopes for upcoming villains? Penguin and Two-face are the obvious ones and the whole thing with the gas canisters seemed to be pointing towards Scarecrow. And of course the Ace Chemical reference, but we all knew that Mistah Jay was gonna turn up sooner or later

I hope we get Red Hood this season and leave Joker for later.

The slow-burn nature of the first episode (making Falcone the antagonist, focusing on Bruce over Batman) makes me hopeful that they'll have Joker for season 2. A red hood intro in season 1 would be fantastic

I'm guessing the person leaked Falcone's connection to the Wayne's is someone we haven't met yet like in Wolf Among Us.

For the chemicals, I originally thought of Firefly considering it was an explosive but I'm thinking it might be Scarecrow since there's the Arkham plot and the officer went feral on the merc(possibly out of fear maybe?)

*save joker for season two

The phosphorus bullet made me think of firefly too, but since we caught the sniper already it doesn't seem to be the case.

Leaving the Rose to frame Falcone was interesting. Maybe Oswald did it? He certainly seemed pissed at Carmine

I went with Vicki just cause I figured there was so much corruption in GCPD Gordon couldn't do anything. Giving it Vicki, it would be on the news everywhere and make falcone's life so hard.

But it is a silly thing. You can give the information to everyone. The man has an all one in one printer right?

It feels like an absolutely typical Telltale Games release, for all that means. So, a lot of good but a fair amount of bullshit.

I went with
>Don't shake Falcone's hand
>Take Harvey with you
>Tell Falcone to fuck off
>Give Vikki a quote and generally be nice to her, but give the harddrive to Gordon
>Only intimidate the thug
>Arrest Falcone
Gotta play the good guy.

I think Tales from the Borderlands will end up being better.

Not buying anything Telltale until they fucking announce TWAU Season 2

I didn't get the impression that Oswald had enough influence yet to have a squad of military-grade mercs in his pocket, but who knows at this point

My only real criticism is just how incredibly short it was, felt like I finished it in under two hours

>wah I have a compulsion that makes me enter in post in threads I don't like

Do us all a favour and gouge your eyes out

I'm sure that'll show them

That feels pretty typical for a TT game at this point. Maybe a little longer if there are more walking around inventory "puzzle" sections.

PURPLE MASTER RACE

I don't know how I feel about Cobblepot. To be honest, I'm kind of turned off by how ALL the villains are connected to Bruce. Like, not one villain that isn't somehow related to him or the Waynes. Maybe this proves that Batman is a negative influence that inspires supervillains.

Not a glitch, just Telltale being lazy/stupid. There's always at least one set of dialog in every season TT puts out that doesn't make sense in relation to what you did.

I like it for Oswald. The old money connection to Bruce was one of the only truly great things in "The Batman" and I like that this game seems to be following down that same path of having Oswald be a mirror for Bruce (the rich boy who lost everything and travelled the world becoming a badass).

I get your point, though it remains to be seen exactly how connected the Wayne's and Falcone are

I agree, I feel like the childhood connection and making Cobblepot a young contemporary of Bruce is taking literally the only unique and interesting aspect of Hush and applying it to a more relevant and iconic bat character

well personally i want to have the option for weird vigilante roof/sewer sex but in the first episode it was too soon

I was kinda hoping the sniper to be deathstroke. You know. Movie synergy.

I think you mean deadshot. Easy mistake to make

Exactly, the origin is the only good thing about hush, and a good origin is the only thing Oswald needs

My nigga.

I still think Oswald is mostly butthurt about losing his family fortune and the moment he gains power, he'll grow complacent and fat.

FUCK.

robin when

What do you guys think about the choice to cast Troy Baker as Batman?

I think Laura Bailey is okay as Catwoman.

Never ever ;^)

;_;

Troy is okay, but he's no Kevin Conroy.

And with Laura Bailey as Catwoman, I'm guessing Troy/Laura is going to be the go-to main pair for all TTG going forward.

>vigilante roof sex
That's coming with Dick

I shook Falcone's hand and it was my biggest regret of the playthrough.

So this game is worth getting I assume?

>Less than 7% of players didn't give a quote to the press

I didn't give a quote because if the Waynes actually had evidence against them that would blow up in my face. It seems like that was the right move based on the end of the episode. Why did everyone give a quote to vicky?

>mostly a better voice actress
Maximum pleb. Her current voice is pure sex.

Gray Delisle's Catwoman is on an entirely different level than Bailey's.

Do you literally want to be The World's Greatest Detective™? Then yes.

I picked red for BTAS

>hitting the sniper in the face with the pipe and snapping his arm
>giving the evidence to gordon
>telling people at my party that my wine is worth more than all of them
>don't shake falcone's hand and tell him to fuck off
>brutalizing falcone while the whole city watches

Frank would be proud

Joker. It's always the Joker.

Could you imagine Riddler in a telltale game? He'd be either really good or really bad

MA NIGGA

Don't forget the Mr. Freeze reference, they said that people were being murdered with ice picks shoved through their chest

"Hi, Bruce" master race.

Because I want to fuck her. She wants a quote? She gets a quote.

>I think Tales from the Borderlands will end up being better.
Apples and oranges. Tales from the Borderlands is an off-the-wall comedy. One of the things I loved most about it, was the really cleverly done intro scenes. I fell like Batman could benefit from similar treatment and care with uniquely done intro scenes. Keep in mind I'm not talking about using the same type of music though.

This. Its a classic

>tame

oooh so close but no cigar.

>Don't shake Falcone's hand
>Leave Harv at the door
>Give Vikki the quote (and preferably later the D)
>Break the thugs arm
>Go all "Tell your minion to put down the gun Jimbo"
>Brutalize the fuck out of Falcone

>Red Batman Beyond masterrace

Be the brutal Batman Gotham needs

I missed that one. There was also something about a string of home invasions, but I couldn't figure out if that was referring to someone.

Plus Jack Ryder I guess, but creeper seems like a longshot

>Gray Delisl
this
perfect casting

>that sheepish delivery

I don't know about you guys, but my Bruce was super cute. The kind of Bruce you'd bring home to momma

>Shake Falcone's hand to look nice but tear him apart for later at the party
>Everyone gets mad at me but based Vikki

>Don't touch the thug at all
>YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR, BRUCE

But why

>pick the "Enjoy the wine, it's expensive"
Oh yeah. that will give Bruce a funny comment and let the people like him
>"Enjoy the wine.. It costs more than any of you will ever make DICKS!"
.. well that wasn't what I wanted Brucie to say

When you see Oswald in the park, one of the graffiti tags is "Armstrong", a reference to the General, Ulysses Hadrian Armstrong, who was also a gang leader.

I doubt we'll see him, though.

Robin when because I want to slap him around and call him dense and retarded.

my approach was essentially white knight Bruce Wayne and evil psycho batman.

>Robin
>Call him dense and retarded
"Come here DICK!" All my yes

FUCK YEAH

Dammit, I shook Falcone's hand to play nice in front of Harvey, but I didn't know Falcone would be done by the end. I'll play again before Episode 2 and change that. Everything else I'm fine with.

I get the feeling we have a Hugo Strange situation on our hands.

Bailey wasn't bad, but could be better. I have grown to really like Baker Bats, though. I'm sure he has the range to do a separate Bruce and Batman voice, but the modulator is fine.

Yet again Sup Forums has lackluster detective skills.

It's Oswald. In the photo with the Waynes, Cobblepot senior is the one across from Falcone with his back to us. Oswald is using the Batman to take down Falcone and take back his family's legacy. He was playing them off each other. He's also going to try to align Bruce with him just like his parents tried to do with Bruce's parents.

It was rather obvious.

Too bad he can never bring you home to his momma

No gameplay/10
Seriously, how can anyone play through that garbage? QTEs are literally one of the laziest mechanics in the industry period and Telltale uses it as a crutch.

Gordon is the only valid option.

Spoken like a stupid faggot that didnt play the game. Look Sup Forumstard, on Sup Forums we care more about the storytelling than the action and that was on point.

>scoping out ppl with the Bat drone
>choosing how to take them out

Ive never felt more like Batman

I had a similar problem with saying "whatever you want" to Falcone, thinking Bruce was gonna be sarcastic. Instead I sounded like a wimpering bitch after my power move of throwing the chalk

Theyre not really games, just interactive graphic novels

No way, Vicki is an ally in the coming storm and the Commisioner was in the Mayor's pocket, who was in Falcone's pocket.

It's like youve never read a comic. Year One Jim doesn't have the balls or power yet to do what needs to be done.

Oswald seems like the obvious suspect. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but him freaking out about Falcone just seemed too dead of a giveaway. I imagine he's involved, but I hope he isn't the endgame mastermind

It's obvious to us cause of comics but look at just how many people in the thread overlooked him. He could definitely be being played by the Court of Owls though if they want to go that route and they know who Bruce is.

The detective stuff was fun too, but hopefully things gets a little more complicated in the coming episodes

How do you guys feel about this version of The Penguin? Bruce's childhood best friend, turned hoodlum, and now clearly turning crime lord

I really like him

Nice catch I didnt even notice that was Cobblepot senior sitting there