Why was this comic so fucking good?

Why was this comic so fucking good?

Sup Forums doesn't want anyone to spread this myth, but until Mark Millar started using comic books as half-ass Hollywood pitches, he used to be a decent writer. However, even for him his Spider-man run was thunder in a bottle.

Dodson draws sexy ladies

>Norman being threatening as fuck
>seeing Peter dealing with all kinds of gruesome shit
>cameos of other heroes
>pretty good artwork
>Black Cat being sexy and actually useful

I remember how I was looking forward to each new issue because I was eager to know who kidnapped Aunt May. Shit was intense as fuck.

>tfw MJ shot Goblin

should i read this?

Yes.

tHIS WAS REAL GOOD. MAde Venom different and relevant again too

yes yes yes yes yes

i'll make you wonder what the fuck happened to marvel tho

I reat this recently, this is considered good? I mean, Electro blows up kids in cars and Spider-Man pretty much says "You jerk"

tHE eLECTRO AND vULTURE STUFF IS MEH, but the rest is fun and exciting shit

>blows up kids
Ah, so it's just a normal Millar book.

Millar seemed to actually care, instead of just phoning it in or relying on shock value and half-assed commentary.

Yeah this was good stuff. If anything its too compressed. The ending especially. This could have been much longer

where can i find this, i've looked at all the the comic download sites i know and i haven't found this

Millar is a good writer and Dobson was a good choice for the art(his felicia was amazing)

So was his Norman, actually. Let's not act like he's only good at cheesecake.

It was not that great, with an extended 'Superman is totes lames guys' segment and the Dodsons' weird sausage-faced people all up ins.

I was able to pick up a hardback copy of this run signed by Millar for like £5 on ebay.

I always wondered why noone else bid on it. The scribble looks legit and even if not, the book seemed worth it.

This.
And Black Cat is a cool spunky character.
Also Felicia implied bisexual on like the first page, first issue, while also implied masturbating with the showerhead.
My teen brain went into overdrive fantasizing.

Oh whoops that's The Evil That Men Do.
Marvel Knights Spidey was still great for pretty much the same reasons. Also, Electro was funny.