What are the chances that this and Kappa Mikey indoctrinated kids into becoming weeaboos

What are the chances that this and Kappa Mikey indoctrinated kids into becoming weeaboos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM
desuarchive.org/a/thread/135914574/#135919863
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/ruby gloom/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seriously low.

If anything it turned them off of weebness forever.

You forgot Weeb Titans.

I'm pretty sure 4kids and toonami did that

0%

If anything, this made japs into westaboos.

Frankly, Kappa Mikey did to me, so maybe?

Although it was more Pokémon than Kappa Mikey for me.

>not dbz, sailor moon and pokemon

This show came around when the anime boom was dying.
It probably did more harm than anything.

Kappa Mikey is to Japan like this short clip from an anime is to 'MURRICUH

youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM

Was this show even supposed to look like animu
It just looked like another PPG-esque show to me at the time.

Next to none since Pokemon and DBZ proudly carry that title.

>not pokemon
FTFY

No, I was already a weeaboo.

B-but Teen Titans was a good show.

The chances are pretty low I'd say because nobody watched Kappa Mikey.

Those shows alone, nah. I didn't even know what anime was until I found out Naruto wasn't an american series and I could find the rest of it online. DBZ, Naruto and any other show on toonami was just a cartoon to me.

To be fair 4kids did it for the wrong reasons

THIS

Weaboos HATE cartoons like you have no idea, they probably where weird kids that watched documentaries or "adult" cartoons like the Simpsons before discovering anime. and this is late 90's weeabos, kids, remember, the anime boom was in early 2000's about 2003 to 2007.

To be fair, the 2003 and up had some shitty shows as well as Cn real

Slim to none.
I can recall watching Kappa Mikey as a kid, and knowing that the humor was in the differing animation styles. However, at the time it might have been only that and not me realizing how japanese animation worked; the most exposure I had to foreign animation at the time was Worker and Parasite.

But aside from that, my first animes was Hare & Guu, xxxHolic, and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo. That being, the first things I knew were anime.

Yeah, at least in USA it was 4kids to blame.

>Weaboos HATE cartoons like you have no idea
But I love cartoons though.

but what if anime itself indoctrinated kids into becoming weeaboos?!

Aren't weeaboo's people who worship japan and declare them second coming of jesus. You might be just an anime fan

4Kids, for better and for worse, introduced a gemeration of kids to to a bunch of shonen anime. Who else would have dubbed Kinnikuman: The Second Generation?

>Weaboos HATE cartoons like you have no idea
do you have any facts to back that claim up?

Iunno, I've been told I sometimes monologue as if im an anime character.
Of course now i just kinda refrain from speaking too much ever since i heard that.

I I like Japanese food, Japanese animation, have a bunch of anime figurines and plushies, have lived, worked and studied in Japan, want to move permanently to Japan and still enjoy comics and cartoons.

But most faux anime are shit.

Anime and cartoons are way to diferent, despite being both drawn, that the logic conclusion is that if you really like one, you should really hate the other, and, for the most part, this seems to be the deal here.

There may be a few exceptions here and there.

Weeabos usually call cartoons "gaijin scribbles".

Well, I like video games and smoked salmon even if they are totally different.

To be fair, that clip's still pretty fuckin' awesome, ya dig?

Go to Sup Forums post a cartoon, get banned & shat on by everyone

Go to Sup Forums, post Anime, no one cares.

>'AH Fuck ya very much.
>Fuck yeah.

Is the actual show this great? I love this.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/135914574/#135919863
>Clearly makes a bait post claiming his cartoon is better than any anime
>Nobody cares

Unless you are that SU fag, them it was because you were shat on because you were spreading cancer.

Abenobashi was hilarious at the time but with so many crazy anime I'm not sure if it still feel special.

I once posted Ruby Gloom once to, (Iris) and was shat on and banned for a week i think.

If you search Ruby gloom in the archives you will find many posts and most weren't deleted. Maybe you got banned because you made a new topic unrelated to the board and not only that but also bait.

Nope, I posted it on a waifu thread, I must admit I did it on purpose because i like to see their reaction.

This lead me to go to OTHER chan and post on a certain board for waifus, where I also got banned, permanently banned.

To be fair that chan was 100% Weaboo tought, thus not reflect Sup Forums but adds to my argument.

That seems to be the exception desuarchive.org/a/search/text/ruby gloom/

I'm not the pnly one who was into "kawaii" moeblob weebshit when I was 14, was I?

how likely is it that something that was capitalizing on an existing fad, created that fad?
excessively likely, you smart smart person you

no

even shit like Tokyopop's OEL manga probably had more of an influence on weebs than this and Kappa Mikey

I guess that makes sense. Iunno I do like both art styles, but I really just cannot stand moeblobs. the humor has to be on point if i'm to watch moeblobs,otherwise it just doesnt interest me in the slightest.

Haruhi and Konata are great!

That's the most preposterous idea I've ever hea- Nevermind.

Probably low, as someone who was a weeb really early on, Kapa Mikey was probably the worlds most cringeworthy thing, even when I was like 12 or however old when that came out.

Both those shows are good so there's nothing wrong with that.

Moeblobs don't exist and Haruhi and Lucky Star by definition cannot be weebshit.

But what about Himouto! Umaru-chan?

What about it? It's no different from Lucky Star and Haruhi.

>What are the chances that this and Kappa Mikey indoctrinated kids into becoming weeaboos
High, if you're under the age of 20.

For those of us in our 20s and older, Sailor moon, DBZ, Gundam, etc. had already very much fulfilled that purpose.

????

>Implying anyone watched these shows

It's a self-explanatory post.

I think he's saying that Japanese-made shows that pander to otaku can't be "weebshit", since they're made by and for the Japanese market. That would leave shows like My Life Me and Kappa Mikey as true weebshit, but doesn't cover shows made in Japan that cater to Western tastes, like Panty and Stocking. Would that be westaboo shit?

You have a future in politics, you vague motherfucker.

Otaku pandering doesn't exist, and anime isn't weebshit at all regardless of whether the target audience is otaku or someone else.

>You have a future in politics, you vague motherfucker.
What was vague about it?

You guys got it backwards. these shows are trying to cash in on weeb audiences and not creating weeb audiences for Japanese media.

More so that Toonami, ATLA or Teen Titans did? Doubt it.

Does Haruhi really pander to otakus though? Lucky Star, fine yeah.

How do you know the author of Lucky Star isn't an otaku himself?

Haruhi is a subversion of the slice of life where you get the characters facing mysteries, dealing with unknown entities and saving the world, while looking like a generic school life 90% of the time.

>desuarchive.org/a/search/text/ruby gloom/

>google " Nurse Hitomi "

>Is not cartoony at all

If Iris looked like that I would have never liked her in the first place.

I am the same, i like cartoons but cant stand anime, so it blows my mind someone could like both, is not like "liking ham and sports cars" is liking opposites of the same spectrum...

The author name is Kagami...

Yes, everyone 20-35 watched those shows as kids.

Later on, we realized the English dubs were bad, but at the time we didn't know any better.

And people named Kagami can't be otaku?

counter question: Did panty and stocking make anyone want to watch more western cartoons?

I'm talking about Kappa Mikey and Puffy Yami whatever

I like savory and sweet food. I like black and white, I like spice food and ice cream...

Of course they can!

No, just more anime.

I greatly enjoyed this series