Spider-man: Sins Past

Would you have hated it more or less if JMS had his way and the twins were actually Peter's?

Less, because that means no Norman O-face.

Less, how is this even a question

Somehow I think that Peter being the father to his dead girlfriend's rapidly aging freak twins, in 616 nonetheless, would've been destructive for his rep among fans.

It still would have been awful. I'm not invested in Gwen's purity or whatever either way, but secret children (twins even!) who age to adults rapidly only remind me of being a kid and roleplaying on MSN chat. Sins Past is an apropos title in that regard.

Explain.

MSN chat was hell. Bunch of kids and pedophiles roleplaying all sorts of nonsense. Usually vampires or Goku. Mostly, it was an excuse for awful cybersex. Cybersex with often resulted in characters having babies who would grow to adulthood and become npcs in whatever your chat room's loosely defined setting was before getting forgotten about five minutes later.

It was hell. When I think about how much precious time I wasted hanging out with deluded, egocentric, loudmouthed, degenerate morons who were completely obsessed with their own narrow-minded interests and bitter, antisocial, one-sided perspectives I just want to crawl into a hole and die.

Wait a minute. Oh god. No. No.

I've been HERE for years!

I want to be Antman and climb in her hair

Uh. Sorry, man. Sounds rough.

I just wish writers would drop Gwen and I don't mean like Norman did, as in get over her.

If they want to fixate on a dead Spidey girl then do it with Jean Dewolff she was cool.

But user, she was Peter's first love and therefore best!
Fuck Betty

That was the yahoo chats for me

Betty is way better than Gwen just for the fact that she has an actual personality.

Honestly Gwen is so bland that every other adaptation of that character gives her their own personality.

Fuck that whole shit, I wish JMS never even had this shit idea and Marvel let him bring back Gwen for BND.

Also Deodato's Spider-man at the time was fucking gorgeous.

Sounds like Goldshire and Barrens Chat in WoW.

Well, that's really Gwen's whole fucked up appeal. She's a tragic cipher.

It is EXACTLY like that.

Gwen's best function as a character was getting murdered. She was the bland boring qt that Parker should have never picked over MJ but then she became a symbol of the tragedy and isolation that comes with superheroing and the personal toll it can take. She's essentially become a part of the Parker "origin" just as essential as Uncle Ben.

Sins Past going back in time and fucking with someone's perfect memory of the past by introducing some humanity to a saint and implying that maybe your exgirlfriend wasn't a perfect angel just cause she's dead is an idea with potential but the execution totally shit the bed.

>She's essentially become a part of the Parker "origin" just as essential as Uncle Ben.
I don't think any version without Gwen's death has had any issues with still being Spidey

No. It probably wouldn't have.

The only way to make this story a good one would have been to have Norman raping Gwen in some manner. Dosed, maybe. I wouldn't even be that much of an alteration. I don't know how they didn't think of this. It would also reinforce Norman's evilness.
Peter having actual children would have probably been weird, although I don't know... Straczynski is more than competent enough to carry such story in an interesting way.

>Sup Forums and MSN have basically the same user make up.
Huh

Not at first, but it's really hard to imagine a way that enriches the title after using them a couple of times.

There goes someone who hasn't actually read old Amazing!

In every thread, the same 4 things that people who haven't actually read Spider-Man get said over and over

Gwen is bland
Peter sold his soul in OMD/his unborn daughter's
Quesada is the reason Sins Past and/or OMD are Bad
Black Cat only wanted Spider-Man and didn't care about Peter *

It just gets old, Sup Forums

It just gets old

I'd have much preferred it if they'd skipped the whole 'Gwen's twins' thing - and instead have it be iunno, an aged up Baby May who could turn out to be a clone aged to adulthood while the real deal was still a kid someplace else who gets rescued at the end of the story.

this

Although I totally blame Quesada tbqh familio
He did whatever the fuck he wanted with JMS's story for Sins Past (which might have been interesting the way he originally wanted to make it) and he gave the editorial mandate for OMD. I can't really blame JMS for writing a shitty story for a shitty concept he didn't want to write.

This is infinitely worse though.

I legit thought I was getting deja vu from some of the posts you listed.

By the way, seeing as this has never been brought up save for Sarah's arc in Spectacular and Spider-man/Deadpool(during a filler issue), how do you think it will be retconned? Turns out she was raped? The one Norman slept with was a clone?