JUST

ITT: Quotes where Sup Forums characters justify themselves and/or their actions.

I honestly thought this is the most full of shit Luthor's ever been. Especially the part about "How does that inspire anybody to be a better human being?" Because he's actually doing things to aid humanity at an immediately visible larger-than-life way, you twat. You see a role model rescue people from a burning building, how does that possibly NOT inspire them to be a better human being?

Isn't there some page where Supes tell him just that? Something like "if you really wanted to you could have done all these marvelous things already, instead of obsessing over me".

He tells Luthor that every over week.

Except for the weeks he's dead and Lex actually needs to step up on his words.

Which he never does.

Instead he bemoans the fact that his rival is gone and strives to replace him. Instead of actually...y'know doing what he says he can do.

Even if he learns 'hey the world needs a Superman' it immediately gets retconned as soon as Big Blue comes back.

i get what they're going for but they cocked it up. They're saying 'it doesn't matter if x or y person is statistically more likely to do bad things, don't work on those statistics because thats bad'

Fisk is full of shit. Criminals don't make things better.

>Things would be better without superheroes
Yeah, sure. For you. You could sell more drugs, kill more people and steal more shit.

Is that Tony or Ulysses?

tony

Was this issue storytimed?

Perfect/10

but without superheroes, you also wouldn't have the increasing amount of supervillains. How many Spider-Man or Daredevil villains are just regular thugs who got gear/powers just to be able to keep plying their trade?

>How many Spider-Man or Daredevil villains are just regular thugs who got gear/powers just to be able to keep plying their trade?

>Fisk beating up the Wizard, a villain whose taken on the FF
>Pointing guns at Hydro-Man, a man made out of water
Hello? Editor? Could you tell the artist and writer to use different villains for these roles?

>You see a role model rescue people from a burning building, how does that possibly NOT inspire them to be a better human being?
Because the role model can't be hurt by fire and can fly.

>What about escalation?
That argument doesn't work. Almost all super-villains got their gear/powers for reasons unrelated to superhero activity. They would exist regardless, and without superheroes nobody could stop them.

>implying you can't shoot water
Why do you think they call it the Dead Sea?

>illegal alien took ur jerb
Luther's a jerk, but he's not wrong.

>You see a role model rescue people from a burning building, how does that possibly NOT inspire them to be a better human being?
I'm incredibly inspired to see a firefighter risk their own life by running into a burning building. I'm not at all inspired by seeing superman mildly inconvenience himself by flying into a burning building.

When exactly did Fisk grow up? Because NYC has been full of guns and drugs since at least the 60s.
The cosa nostra and mafia lost most of their power around that time. Besides, they didn't keep order that well anyway.

i laughed, thank you for that user

>also galactus
every fucking time

not native english speaker here

wouldnt this sentence be better with the "from the planet" after "i could remove"?

no

Before the 1960s not factoring sliding timescale apparently.

They're both correct ways of writing it, but the way it is sounds better.

It'd be technically correct but it wouldn't be how most native speakers would phrase it.

Actually, there's a lot of evidence that organized crime typically comes out of the need for social order and safety enforcement where there is none.
Kings, Warlords, Mafioso: they all establish order where there was none before, often with the use of violence.
Over time, those institutions can become corrupted or perhaps stay in a state of violence. But they're not done spontaneously

You do realize the mob, as most people recognize in the US, came into power and consolidated power due to the creation of Prohibition right?

The last issue had Dante (the Inhuman hero) as a random villain thug.

gross

That's not what he's saying.
In mafioso controlled territory in the Tri-state area, there's actually very little random crime like muggings and the like. If you pay your dues, you're actually very safe.
When you remove those basic power structures, even if they are somewhat harmful for the people living in them, you let in those who take individually: thugs and muggers and burglars who exist normally in a situation without consequences.
In the marvel universe, it's actually very rare that a villain was created prior to the creation of their corollary hero.
Hence, Spiderman and Daredevil not only re-introduced chaos into neighborhoods when they started to take on the established power structures like Fisk but they also lead to the creation of people like Doc Ock and Green Goblin who cause disproportionate amounts of violence that ethnic mob families can't manage and so they lose their ability to control neighborhoods.

There's been studies of the effects of mobs

You realize that Superman risks his life all the time, right? Just because he does things that would kill humans, doesn't mean he never does things that might kill him, too.

No.

Consolidated, yes, but it existed before.
Gangs of New York does a solid job depicting it actually: Police were basically the private army of the powerful, so the gangs came into power in different districts.
In New York, it was pretty typical for each neighborhood to have an unofficial representative (the Don) that basically took care of that area (with varying results based on the benevolence of the Don).
After prohibition, the Mob became more of a shadow syndicate, a corporation that implicitly existed in the shadows. It's actually shown interestingly in the Godfather, Vito's resistance to taking on drug trade is because he conceives of the Mafia as a protection organization still rather than what it had become which was a substance-peddling corporation.

what are in his tiny, tiny pouches?

Yeah those are really small. Maybe tracking devices to be handed out/hidden, and other small gadgets?

Shrunken Inhuman Heads

Might be tic tacs he must constantly use since you'd want your breath to be fresh if you do the same amount of speeches he does

I still don't think I've ever actually seen the original of this

Yep

Probably some medical supplies and a bunch of foldable shades

There's also the last issue of All-Star where Luthor cries about how he could've saved the world while his powers wear off and Superman shuts him down telling him that if he REALLY wanted to save the world he could've done it years ago, then gives him a shoryuken.

>I don't care about looking at facts when they hurt peoples' feewings

Only in a certain context. If he was a bit calmer, or trying to make a considerate point, he would pause and say it to clarify the statement, but in the heat of the moment it sounds better with fewer pauses.