>character acting
>actors doing all the front shot stunts

Is Sup Forums just being negative?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aTCP1IIWcew
youtube.com/watch?v=5YjGrZYRAtc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well the reviews are pretty bad.

Promotional material's job is to sell the movie.

I'm still going to watch it, just sometime next week rather than opening night

No you're just being a shill. They made a 2 hour music video that was butchered in the editing room

>well the reviews are pretty bad
Well the reviews were pretty bad for Tommy Boy and Black sheep.
Don't put too much stock in the reviews.

>Critcs have never been wrong about anything

It's enough to get me to be at least suspicious of the movie.

I literally said I was going to see it anyway just when it's more convenient to me

Don't be. The reviews are way overblown about the movie's problems.

Well it got enough bad reviews to hit 33%

I just got back from watching it.

Let's just say that I spent a LOT of time and spilt a lot of proverbial ink over defending Batman vs. Superman even though it got a horrible critical reception. I genuinely enjoyed it even though it was flawed.

Suicide Squad is not worth the defense. It's legitimately bad. May have a couple of good points, but the movie's a huge mess and deserves most of the thrashing it's getting.

>BvS
>remotely good

It's one of the two films I've ever walked out of. The first is Dragonball Evolution

I really don't feel like getting into yet another argument over BvS. Like I said, I've already spent a lot of time explaining my opinions on the subject.

This thread's about Suicide Squad.

I thought it was alright. Nothing special though, but it didn't make me regret the price of admission

7/10. I'd see it again but not anytime soon. The set pieces are beautiful though.

I enjoyed it for what it was. It's a movie with a ton of characters in it. They all get decent time. The pacing isn't far from bad. DC will just get shit on no matter they do.

Did you actually watch it or are you being a contrarian faggot that waits to see what the collective consensus is on a certain thing before forming your own opinion

I only watched this for the Wall and I wasn't dissapointed

>B-But Sup Forums is really Sup Forums! They couldnt have fucked up a third time!
Fuck off

It was shame that they didn't even bother to give Slipknot an introduction not even sure they even say his name.
Also there was severe lack of Captain Boomerang just sneaking off to loot and get drunk, those were probably few of genuinely fun moments in the whole film.
Also saw film in french. Are dialogues really that retarded or did they just butcher them

Reviews say it is garbage. Reviews also say "The Thing" is garbage. So, I'll have to judge it myself. The promos feel way better than any super film I've seen yet.

I'm gong to watch the movie and if it's good I can comfortably say that we've fallen into a corporate hellhole where money determines everything in society. Citizens United was the first strike. Ghostbusters was the second. If I find even a hint of paid negative reviews because of console wars, I'm going to scream.

Why can't companies and opposition compete fairly. Yeah, I'm not a naive cherry, if money talks, use it. Still, shit is horrible for the consumer at the end of the day but, since we have no where else to go, they don't care.

youtube.com/watch?v=aTCP1IIWcew

Now, in all honest, if the movie is bad I'm going to tar and feather it along with everyone else. Fair is fair.

Its bad but its still leagues better than the shitshow that was BvS or antman

Its good not great.

Some people feel like it doesn't meet the current standard of cape film and calls it awful.
Some feel like it wasn't as bad as it could be (could have easily been another Jonah hex or spirit or F4 movie) and feel like it deserves a spot on the good cape flick list.

ahahah stay mad faggot. I just saw the movie and loved it.

dialogue was fine in the English version

I love Tommy Boy, but I'll admit it is a pretty shitty movie

Look at it this way. On RT a 3/5 review can be counted as Rotten.

Black Sheep got 70%. Critics love New Zealand comedies for some reason

They really phoned in the Batman costume. Couldn't they have just borrowed one from an old movie?

I just read a review where at one point they say, and I'm paraphrasing here, "one could write an entire essay on the lizard brain depiction of women" and then cap the review of with how Suicide Squad is "only for tryhard teenage boys who do push up to the tune of Linkin Park and think shouting fascistic sieg heils makes them look cool"

I wish I was making this up. People literally seem to gang up on this movie solely to bitch about misogony, sexism, racism, etc. for no apparent fucking reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=5YjGrZYRAtc

>This featurette looks pretty good:
It's trying to sell the movie, and it doesn't even look that good. Harley's "voices" line isn't funny or delivered well at all, and yet supposedly she's the highlight of the team, which I think bodes pretty badly for the rest of the film.

Harley Quinn was just a whore in the movie so they'd be right in this case.

>Harley Quinn was just a whore

She was in a psychopathic love affair with the Joker. How does that make her a whore?

LOL Tesla

Just got back from it, was pretty good, at least a 7.

Loved Boomer, loved Waller, loved Joker, and i especially loved the chemistry between the skwad near the end. My complaint is that there were too many cut scenes and the choppy editing in the first half gave me whiplash. I also felt the overabundance of licensed songs was a little "ehhh". Overall it was decent, i don't understand the constant barrage of "It was garbage" comments towards this movie. It's got it's flaws sure but nothing is too terrible to make it garbage.

the movie is fucking better then 27% why rt score so bad?

It's because the second they hear a New Zealand accent they think its an under-budgeted indie movie.

This is honestly the prevailing view of the film. Everyone I have talked to about it says that while the movie wasn't a masterpiece it certainly wasn't garbage. Two people gave it a 6/10 and one a 7/10, all three said they would gladly see it again if given the opportunity.

I'm the first to admit I am a huge DC fanboy but that doesn't stop me from seeing the movies faults. The editing and pacing was kind of poor, at one point Harley appears on the hood of a car waiting for the squad and given the scene that showed where she was before hand it seemed kind of impossible she made that distance in the time she had. Boomer and Croc didn't get enough lines and Deadshot got far too many. Katana could have not even been in the movie and I wouldn't have noticed. Harley and Joker chemistry as well as the use of Batman as a supporting character gave the entire movie a real feel of connection to the rest of the cinematic universe.

Watch it for yourselves. That's all I can say.

Saw the movie last night, and I honestly can't decide if it's a 4,5 or 6 out of 10. The movie was fun but flawed as fuck.

Robbie's performance actually surprised me with how much I liked it, Smith was Smith (so nothing offensive there, carried the majority of the film well) and Leto wasn't my taste for Joker but what they went for was at least interesting.
The movie kind of just pisses all of its potential up the wall the further in you get though. The 'beam in the sky' plot is used AGAIN and it's fucking boring as shit, Enchantress went from being the most interesting character to the least compelling villain ever in the space of like, three minutes, the action under utilizes the cast completely and doesn't do anything cool with the characters or their powersets (I was waiting the whole film for a scene where Captain Boomerang fucks up major shit using crazy boomerang moves and it just never came).
The finale fight is also one of the most shoddily put together 'boss fights' that I've ever seen from a superhero flick.

At the very least it was more fun than BvS. I wouldn't watch that film again but Suicide Squad I absolutely would, but only with a few mates and some beers.
I'm really interested in seeing all the deleted scenes and shit though. Apparently this is something like the third cut of the movie so seeing those other two would be really, really cool considering how the movie came out.

I'm not shitting you when I say 14 out of the 53 reviews that were available today were all 0/5 because they cited sexism

Why did they tone down the Joker so much? Maybe I'm just used to edgy Joker, but this one just wasn't cruel enough for me.

Harley kicked major ass though. And they actually kinda made her relationship with Joker more consenting and equal (in a way) while maintaining how disfunctional and fucked up they are. Damn, I really can't get complaints about sexism with this movie.

Unfortunately, Ayer said this was his final cut and, as far as he's concerned, we won't see others

Maybe we'll see the deleted scenes as a feature on the DVDs. Unless WB just forces another cut

>character acting
Not in the Cara's case. She is the worst part of the movie.

You have to be shitting me.

Ah, shit. I was looking forward to other cuts of the film. Maybe we'll get a 'DEFINITIVE EDITION' but until then, we'll live with whatever this film is.

I didn't like it much Cara was shit, barely anyone aside of Deadshot and Harley had enough screentime, CGI was meh, action scenes relied too heavi on the shaky cam and shiny effects and i didn't thought i'd ever say that there is not enough of Joker and not enough of Jay Courtney, but it is not bad. Disappointing sometimes, but not bad.

>use of Batman as a supporting character
I was really worried if there would be too much Batman, but it was right enough (Batman hiding behind 11year old girl? Pathetic). Also, i really liked the underwater scene and the one which shows what Deadshot really wants.

>Fukuhara was peer pressured into getting a tattoo for a average movie

please don't bully the Katana

I really hope she appears in more movies.

When did you walk out?

>Is Sup Forums just being negative?
Yes.

Saw it last night

Pros
>Great cinematography in some cases
The scene where joker dives after Quin and when Quin walks up to the helicopter with the chaingun
>Great set design
>Amazing post-editing graphics
>Joker
>Harley
>Boomerang
>Dark Enchantress
>Most action scenes

Cons
>About 10 pop rock tracks in the first 30 minutes
>Too much Deadshot
>Light Enchantress
>Enchantress's brother
>For some reason DC can't into 3rd acts

I went in with zero expectations and this is the worst thing I can point out
>About 10 pop rock tracks in the first 30 minutes

And the Joker was shit along with Katana, but you could see that coming from a mile away, so it didn't bother me. The movie was solid entertainment, I don't get the bad press. Even Will Smith was good

>the movie is good because the actors get along and are lolsorandumb

are you positive?

>For some reason DC can't into 3rd acts

This shit killed everything. Majority of stupid things've happened after Joker helicopter crush

Suicide squad was fucking amazing and those who disagree with me are a bunch of faggots

>DC
WB

If you go thinking it's going to be some grandiose Snyder shit, you won't like it.

If you go thinking it's going to be a Marvel quipfest, you won't like it even though it's close.

It's not bad but it's something in between

she got it on her toe and got to get BLACKED by Will Smith. She's not a mistreated damsel!

FUCK WILL SMITH

Fuck his talentless ass and fuck his stupid fans that defend him.

>Enchantress's brother
I actually really like the look and direction they went with him in the film, the original incubus was a weird little white manlet in a tunic who wanted to bone his sister, at least this gave something more visually striking

Wasn't too big on Leto Joker, myself. Came off as an over-the-top Dick Tracy villain for some reason.

Australian here; I've seen it twice. The reviews are way too harsh, I enjoyed it a lot and had many more things I enjoyed about it than things I disliked. This is coming from someone who HATED BVS.

Hated Harley. I know she was supposed to be obnoxious, but even this pushed it too far.

Leto Joker falls short.

The chemical bath scene is the lowest point in the movie, even worse than Twitcherella and the Not-Destroyer Armor.

And yet I know this movie would be doing far worse without Joker/Harley to bank on.

yeah, 73% of all critics are wrong, and the 27% are right

Love MoS, love BvS, did not like Suicide Squad. Characters were great and the shit they did was great, but man was this movie a disjointed unfinished slog.

Nope that's tumblr who thinks it's hot topic just because of the looks