Get exited for the 100th steven universe episode

>get exited for the 100th steven universe episode
> its just a "GUNS ARE BAD M'KAY" after school special

and I called off work too.

You're an adult. No one cares if you didn't like a cartoon for kids. Fucking grow up.

>calling work off for a cartoon

There can be various interpretations about it. That's a pretty good one however.

>weaseling out of work to watch a shitty cartoon

America, plz...

They have perfectly functional guns that also happen to put people into stabilized comas and let them be captured indefinably.
Also none of that stops the nuke from happening.

You actually called off work to watch a goddamn cartoon? Jesus fucking christ I hope you end up jobless.

>get exited for the 100th steven universe episode
> its just a "KILLING OTHER SENTIENT BEINGS IS BAD M'KAY" after school special

Wow you're fucking retarded.

By your logic, it was an anti-gun episode but it was also pro-cripple your enemies

Team your (you) and fuck off

>and I called off work too.
Is this bait?

so i wasn't only one who thought the same

I know gauntlets like that aren't exactly new in fiction, but there's one that's so prominent in my mind yet I can't place it.

Yes. Idiot.

not America, user, just Tumblr.

>not watching the leaked episode at work while getting paid 38/hr to do so and shitpost on Sup Forums like me

is that you Eric?

what the fuck do you do to get paid 38/hr while shitposting?

>inb4 this is more low quality bait

>taking off work to watch a cartoon made for young children
this website never ceases to amaze

>called off work
lol

work for the government in a cubicle for 8 hours a day

just hope your boss doesn't catch you on here the moment someone post's dick pic.

my boss works in another state

gotta love government inefficiency

>I was so lazy that instead of working and then watch the leaks I called of work
Fucking what?

Big O?

>I called of work
You mean "I called off work"

its the love like you song finally complete? it sounded like the final part in the credits.

I just realize that Rose got Metal Gear Solid PSP/Peace Walker/5 on Home World army's ass
She CQC kidnap hundreds of enemy Gems and got them to join her side

I just called someone a retard and do a typo. I should just kick the chair.

So we all agree that OP is a faggot that should kill himself for taking a free day just to watch a cartoon right?

Does that make Pearl Kaz?

Yes.

No, maybe a Jonathan who didn't die

Does anybody have the gif of the fake transition?

For starters, it's a kids show made by people that the closest they have been in a war is a call of duty game.

War is not funny, not pretty and NEVER fair. You take what you got and try to improvise along the way. War codes of ethics (I don't know how you called in english) are followed until you are losing, if you are losing you use everything you have to win and minimize casualites from your site.

tl;dr: It's a kid's cartoon, not Band of Brothers, user.

> its just a "KILLING OTHER SENTIENT BEINGS IS BAD M'KAY" after school special

Not all the time. It's completely justified in self defense and in times of conflict it's usually morally grey in many instances.

>gun

More like stibby stabby knoife.

>TFW we Big O now.

They clearly showed that that line of thinking comes with heavy consequences. You can agree with either Steven or Bismuth.

No, it's not usually morally grey user. The instances where murder is "totally justified" are few and far between.

I've never seen this show before today. This is the episode I just saw.

I don't have a T.V. and am driving across the U.S. and am in a hotel so I figured I'd give it a watch.

I didn't like it.

I don't think I'll watch it again.

How did this trash get 100 episodes?

This... this explains so much about our government...

Got home from work just in time for
>I'll tell them everything
>Then you are better than her.

I think i missed something.

Strong women with implicit lesbian background to get the progressive generation, 18-24 demographic
Bright art style with young protagonist to attract children

>how did get 100 episodes
Its just not for you.

My TV cut out like 5 min. until the end, so I didn't see the whole episode. The kid had the gauntlet thing and was holding it up to Bismoth and she was yelling at him to kill her.
Did he do it?

Is the kid and the gem ladies bad guys? They kept talking about wanting to take down the upper crust of society.

That sounds like terrorism to me...

The breaking point was an obvious reference to the gun in Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress.

It's more about war ethics than "guns are bad" Bismuth is basically asking to execute all war prisoners. That violates the Geneva conventions.

/su/ tickles my /k/ bone and have a positive message about guns IMO.

Pearl laser seem more about gun than a Big O jackhammer gauntlet.

>abloobloo don't criticize my favorite cartoon :((((

Bismuth and Rose rumbled in the smithcave and Bismuth got rocked, then bubbled and Rose didn't tell anyone. Steven gave her the bismuth and promised to tell everyone why she was bubbled

Bismuth is Kaz

Well it's not just that, it's a very good show as well. I love animated shows. Steven universe is one of my top 10 cartoons ever, due to character development, creativity, references, and the fuzzy feeling you get when your reading lore. The characters really made me fall in love with the show.

Someone sounds like they need a butt bandage. Seriously did you expect anything else from Steven? This isn't some anti-gun propaganda, this is a show that's being true to its characters, and Steven would never want to murder for any reason, I thought that was already obvious.

explain

I just watched it after I got home from a late shift. Don't be such a faggot, you fucking faggot.

More like anti-nuke my dood.

>called off work for cartoon
>doesn't even watch cartoon
There is literally no reason to shatter gems other than being an edgelord.

It was pretty good. I'm happy.

>come into a story 100 chapters in
>expect it to instantly make sense and have perfect context for you

Is this your first experience with fiction or something.

>Called off work to watch a short cartoon for children
>Rose's Revolution was intended to free lower ranking gems
>Bismuth was going to unleash her weapon onevery enemy she came across, the majority of whom would be the same gems Rose wanted to free
Would you have been satisfied if Lapis, Centipeedle, the ship full of Rubies, and Peridot were killed? That's what Bismuth wanted to do, it's not like there's many homeworld gems currently on Earth. I guarentee we'll find out Rose shattered pink diamond and the lesson will be violence is only the answer when all else fails

>Calling off work for a fucking cartoon

por que?

It works with 90% of other cartoons,

Even with The Critic, you could watch the 100th episode without seeing any of the rest and still know what is going on.

Bismuth was pretty clearly Iron Monger from the first Iron Man film. It wasn't about guns directly(though I doubt Steven is big into them) it was about brutality, war crimes, etc. and how war is always shit

I called off work but that's because I woke up sick.

And then I spent the whole day scrubbing the bathroom and doing the laundry.

This was a good episode and it's my reward for being at the toilet for two separate reasons.

Nigga, you are thinking about the standard status quo shit. Anything with a continuity and DEEPESTLOOR is going to be confusing if you just jump into it.

Nigger, you're the one that made a fucking thread to complain.

The Critic only ran for 33 episodes.

My "you're painfully new" theory is getting more credence.

Steven finally had to make a big boy decision with no take backs and consequences that won't go away.

I'm fucking pumped for the first time this season.

It's serialized television. Try fucking watching the eleventh episode of the third season of Breaking Bad and try and make sense of things.

They should have at least kept the thing instead of destroying it. That's really my only issue with the episode.

and it should have had 100,

it was a much better show than Steven Universe.

That Lalafell is pretty fucking kawaii

>skips work to watch a children's cartoon
>complain that it didn't appeal to his tastes

Double autism.

This episode was bad because black people should be allowed to kill their oppressors and if you disagree then you're just a dirty neo-liberal REEEEEEEE

I mean that was Bismuth's point. "Why do you care more about THEIR lives than OURS?!" is a great point and one Steven has no argument for.

He just decides what he wants HIS crystal gems to be. Rose and Steven defeated Bismuth in the same way, but for very different reasons, as Bismuth realizes before poofing.

>It works with 90% of other cartoons,

Eh, maybe 25 years ago that would be true. But cartoons having ongoing storylines has been a thing for a long time now. Unless you're dealing with Fox sitcoms, no network exclusively follows the "only standalone episodes" rule anymore.

But Bismuth is blue. The only black people on the show are the Pizza family, who constantly kill their oppressors anytime they're not around Steven. They will be getting a spinoff show soon, where they feed poison pizza to whitey.

What will Pearl's next outfit look like?

She's black-coded, 'cause y'know, she has a black VA and shit, I dunno, tumblr logic

>I mean that was Bismuth's point. "Why do you care more about THEIR lives than OURS?!" is a great point and one Steven has no argument for.

It's not a good point at all. They already have a method that defeats their enemies efficiently without killing them, and Bismuth should know because ROSE USED THAT METHOD ON HER.

Inventing a shattering weapon is needlessly harsh and offers no real advantage. A poofed gem is no more dangerous than a shattered one.

And if your new goal is to kill everybody, then you have to give everyone breaking points, which makes your army much more predicitble because now they're all dependent on one weapon.

What position? Sounds dope.

>A poofed gem is no more dangerous than a shattered one.

Actually, a shattered Gem is more dangerous, because they can be turned into cluster mutants.

Whereas with a poofed gem, they just sit in a bubble for thousands of years, hurting no one.

>Really hated Bismuth's design when it was leaked
>Watch the episode and grow used to it, even the apron which I thought was stupid ends up making sense on her character design.
>End up liking her as a character
>She's just killed off at the end
It makes sense why she had to go but fuck.

You called off WORK for an episode of a kids' cartoon. You're the ridiculous one here.

I thought the whole point of not wanting to kill gems is because of their philosphy of individuality and everyone can change. As well as wanting more gems to join there cause, so killing gems and not giving them a chance to convert would undermine their revolution. As well as making gems not wanting to join Roses's side because they killed their allies.

>is a great point and one Steven has no argument for

Is a shitty reasoning fueled by revenge rather than reason. The whole point of the rebellion was to liberate the gems, they weren't predetermined to be what the diamonds told them. Bismuth herself never really thought outside the box until Rose presented her with the choice of taking control of her own life. Why the fuck are you going to kill the very own people you're trying to liberate, for doing the exact same thing you did before rebelling?

It would be like if Neo decided to kill everyone inside the Matrix because they didn't realized it was a simulation by themselves.

>and Bismuth should know because ROSE USED THAT METHOD ON HER.
Exactly, and look how well that worked at keeping Bismuth away. Bismuth is pretty smart because she realizes that any bubbled gem can eventually be unbubbled with relative ease.

>She's just killed off at the end
She just got bubbled, she'll come back later.

More like "unnecessary casualties are bad".
If gems couldn't be bubbled seemingly not able to escape from them I would be in complete agreement with Bismuth but so far as we have seen gems cannot escape from a bubble by themselves so killing them is really just a unnecessary step.

Of course it's one of those morals that are not really applicable to the real world since humans cannot be "poofed" or bubbled to peacefully incapacitate them so completely.
Why?
>Tax payers paying for NEETS to waste time
Thanks Obama.
>War codes of ethics (I don't know how you called in english) are followed until you are losing
Most countries follow the geneva conventions even if they are losing since the price for not doing so makes things much worse when you do lose.
I would agree with you but in the show "poofing" followed by bubbling has been shown to be just as a effective as well as easy, so lethal force isn't necessary.
>The instances where murder is "totally justified" are few and far between.
The other user was talking about war, killing an enemy soldier in a war is not murder.
>Bismuth is basically asking to execute all war prisoners
Sounded like she intended to use it on active opposition but I could believe she would use it on POWs too.

She'll be back. This show never introduces new Gems without a long-term plan.

Besides, she poofed Lapis during the war, that's going to lead to a confrontation sooner or later.

You're an idiot. It's not a gun parallel episode, and this is coming from someone who's posted on /k/ for four years.

It's a "basic and humane decency towards other sapient beings" episode because shattering gems is the most laughably evil thing to do. If you're capable of shattering gems you're easily capable of just destroying their form -- which imprisons them and makes them a noncombatant.

Shattering gems is like killing someone who's a POW. It's not good in any moral sense.

Yeah! also, if a gem shatters, you might trip on one of the shards, or sometimes the shards are sharp and you can accidentally cut yourself on one!

>the episode, when all the gems are captured, everyone's turned against him or been bubbled, and there's no one left to help
>and Steven has to turn to one particular gem
>and she'll help him, but only if they do things HER way, for once
>Steven, reluctantly, agrees
See you in episode 200!

>A poofed gem is no more dangerous than a shattered one.
That is false. A poofed gem can reform and this can be done in seconds as amethyst and peridot have shown however putting them in a bubble seems to prevent that.

You are a shit human being. Do your work. You are wasting humanity's finite resources.

>and look how well that worked at keeping Bismuth away.
>5,300 years later

I think it worked pretty well.

t. NEETs
It's painfully obvious you've never worked a day in your life if you think calling off every once in a while, no matter the reason, is bad.

I want Steven to be as pure and for believing as possible, but I'm enjoying the beatings he can take and give in these least few episodes.