/doag/ Fresh off the Floor Becky Post

Still tomorrow's comic for about 45 minutes!

COUGH UP THOSE ARBY'S SAUCE PACKETS
confirmed girl-on-girl

Other urls found in this thread:

spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/07/28/life-is-strange-video-game-to-become-live-action-digital-series/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for wordswordswords

I'm old.

This comic makes me feel old, and you're as old as you feel, right?

That makes me old.

I feel like Sarah's reaction is a little bit too downplayed...

I model my life after Becky.

Poor Becky lost her nose and the majority of her left hand in the last panel. What a shame.

and you weren't killed by a mob?

Almost.

Translation of Panel Two:

>Your distance from me and your proximity to the girl you were three inches from throwing against a wall and eating out through her pants did not change your feelings for me?

>Allow me to answer your question with a distraction and a lie.

Just delved into the comment section

People for some reason think Dina measuring weight in dinosaurs is the funniest shit

A lot of people are really concerned Joyce's Dad will crack under being surrounded by Lesbians and start showing his "true colors" as a Christian

One person commented about the Arby Sauce Packet line

There is so much paranoia in those comments. They always think there is a shitlord in the shadows.

>35 minutes past the hour
Patreanon has abandoned us, and again I completely understand why.

>COUGH UP THOSE ARBY'S SAUCE PACKETS

>MFW

It turns out it's a throwback to a bet made between the two about there being any other lesbian couples in the dorm. Becky didn't have any money; only sauce packets.

This bet and specifically the sauce packets were last referenced a little over a year ago.

>People for some reason think Dina measuring weight in dinosaurs is the funniest shit
This is a good example of a situation where people adore Dina and I'm just over here scratching my head.

>A lot of people are really concerned Joyce's Dad will crack under being surrounded by Lesbians and start showing his "true colors" as a Christian
They should fuck off. What a shitty thing to think or type.

>I love Hank anxiously glancing around at the quiet as well. It’s a nice soft touch that humanizes him and his character

How come he's "humanized" for "anxiously glancing"(???), but he's a monster for being hurt by his daughter for hiding stuff from him, lying and taking the car all day? Also, "him and his character" is a turn of phrase I don't like at all. In the best case it's just kinda redundant, in worst case it makes me think that commenter is treating Hank like a real person.

>she found them sprawled on the bed, hoping to die

God, what the fuck am I to make of the tone of this?

On the one hand, you know suicide or anything at all related to it is gonna be FUCKING SERIOUS AS FUCK THERE'S NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT IT in the comic. On the other hand it's shoved right in the middle of "wacky" Becky inanity.

Now I want to die.

Oh I GET IT. It's just not funny, timely, a good call back, or anything.

its not funny, but its kind of obvious that upon winning a bet becky would mention said bet

Yeah, it's Becky being Becky.
Her light-hearted and quirky nature that makes random callbacks to events that are relatively days in the past (but years to us) would be endearing if she were likeable in any degree.

Willis seems to think that we will automatically like her because she's oppressed.

Ruth just laid in bed and wished for death. She didn't actually do anything.

WHERE IS THE NEW ISSUE? I NEED TO COMPLAIN!

>Willis seems to think that we will automatically like her because she's oppressed.

I think what he thinks is that the people who hate Becky are bigots, ergo he's doing a good job with her character, ergo louder, more in-your face Becky, ergo louder and more numerous complaints from people.

It's a vicious and insane cycle which can only conclude with every strip being Becky's face going "I'm a lesbian, I'm a lesbian, I'm a lesbian"

So how long until he gives her access to a time machine?

In-comic, about a week.

Realtime, we won't live to see it.

so is patreanon ever showing up

hey-ho, wish granted.

Wanting more DoA is the worst form of masochism.

i want to find out why the fuck the girl with the dead-by-suicide mom doesnt seem to give a fuck that billie and ruth are suicidal

Kill me.

>All those beckys
Well I just had a flash back to himeko
At least something good has come from this comic.

That's easy.

So...

Quirky, Mugging in your face, making obscure references and spouting random catch phrases.

That's just how all lesbians are written nowadays?

That would be too reasonable and not quirky.

Because Willis is a terrible writer. It's a shame, with such a huge cast we could have had tons of interesting relationship between characters. Instead we have waky lesbians

that's just how characters are written nowadays.

And that's just bad writing.

While they're an in-vogue progressive thing to put in fiction, yes.

It'll take a while before they start being actual human beings, I'm afraid.

Children's Cartoons doing more with them as normal persons than more "mature" media. Strange times.

That Life as Strange series being developed will likely feel a lot similar.

>That Life is Strange series being developed
Is this post from 2014? Life is Strange is complete. It was complete a long time ago.

At least, assuming you mean this one and not something else with the same name.

Sorry guess have to clarify. I mean Live Action series is currently in development. Likely on PlayStation Network seeing its Digital and being done by Sony.

spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/07/28/life-is-strange-video-game-to-become-live-action-digital-series/

So yea Quirky Blue Haired Lesbian Who keeps dying and/or crippled because she's supposed to be dead and her living is messing with the timeline

Yes, sorry I'm so late to this party. Turns out Becky's mom DIDN'T have cancer! Can't wait to see how Willis mishandles the further adventures of Becky's mom's suicide.

I wish Willis would draw both eyebrows all the time

ok so she is actually upset and he just decided to make her look like an asshole last strip for no reason

to be fair, denial is a hell of a thing.

Who's got money on Miscarriage.

>Did no one ever tell you how her mom passed?
Who else would tell her if not one of her parents? Even if he suspected a sibling or something told her, his reaction should be more like "I guess *we* never told you how her mom passed."

Also, I guess it wasn't attempted suicide then. Willis lied, his trigger warning lied, and I bet that kitten is burning in hell right now.

>ok so she is actually upset and he just decided to make her look like an asshole last strip for no reason

Another classic shitty Willis bait and switch.

her attempted suicide might have just caused complications. perhaps she was actually sick and tried to kill herself to end the suffering?

Pretty sure that was one attempt of many. She didn't succeed that time, but she did later on. Cancer was the cover-up.

What about "suicide"?

I want to gently force Joyce into a deeply dissatisfying marriage where she holds on to Jesus tighter than her friends and takes her marital problems out on our kids.

For God's sake, quit nagging. He doesn't have to do this at all.

Because Becky is a sociopath.

It's weird how Kate looks like a female cartoon Egon.

Watch it be she tried to kill herself to escape from Ross's psychological abuse.

I'd bet money that's what it's gonna be.

>she was a lesbian too

>she's supposed to be dead and her living is messing with the timeline
I hate that twist, it's so dumb. That's why I think the ending where the tornado destroys the bay is better even though I can't stand her character; fuck fate, we time heroes forever

>Becky actually displaying distress & instability regarding this topic
Alright Willis, you're keeping my attention for now.
I was SO close to giving up for good.

Aye. It's a game, and the core element of a game is putting agency in the hands of the player audience. Worse, it goes against the message of the game, which is that things CAN be changed, and AREN'T set in stone. Not to mention that that ending negates everything you've been doing since you've started the game. All the choices you've made, the relationships you've build, erased, because they never happened.

I was hoping for a sequel, I don't know if I'd enjoy this as a TV show instead of as a game where I can control my fate.

HOW IS THIS ENTIRE COLLEGE FULL OF NOTHING BUT GAYS AND TRANNIES?

That's not physically possible! This entire fucking thing makes my head hurt.

Well, I had this long comment typed out, and accidentally deleted it. Basically, what's Becky's deal? She's running off all over for Billie and Ruth, but doesn't actually seem concerned. She seems and looked upbeat and quirky, as usual.
>"Billie and Ruth are suicidal"
>"lol look how light my GIRLfriend is!"

>"They're not in her room!" Becky said, with the largest fucking smile she could muster, before immediately turning sheepish when her best friend's father whom she's known her whole life offers her ride.

Is that what he'll will look like?

The ridiculous sidemouth in the last panel is a nice touch.

>No, Joyce. It was religious parents. Religious parents murdered Becky's mother!

I had my own thoughts about Life Is Strange's ending, but I forgot what they were. It's been a while since I was angry at the ending and how illogical the time tornado was.

I believe Becky's high-brow optimism and wackiness is supposed to be a cover for her deeper intricacies and backstory involving the attempted suicide of her mother.
The problem is that we don't like nor care enough about Becky to give a shit about that, so for us it just looks like Becky's running off to see two corpses sleeping together.

Guys, I think Becky MAY be a bad character and Willis MAY be a shit writer, but I'm not sure...

What is this, the Unlikeable Ultra-Autistic Forced Lesbian Shit Show?

It's not so much the entire college as much as it is the dormitory.

And while it's physically possible, it IS statistically improbable for this to be the case.

It's just like real College.

>but he's a monster for being hurt by his daughter for hiding stuff from him, lying and taking the car all day?

God fuck I forgot about that stupid bullshit

People were comparing it to child abuse because Hank was asserting his power and dominance over his daughter by, you know, saying he was disappointed and angry that she responded to his defense of her by stealing the car and going out all day

That's what college is these days.

Count yourself lucky you graduated before everything went to shit.

Hank says "not really why" instead of "not why." So it still could be she killed herself because she had cancer.

Goddamn that page-long trigger warning and IMMEDIATE KITTEN PICTURE pissed me the fuck off.

I spent days pressing a knife to my wrist, drinking until I passed out and woke up and puked and then passed out again, finally called a suicide hotline and wept into the phone for over an hour while a patient, kind man told me where to get therapy and that everything was going to be okay.

I was in a terrible place when I contemplated suicide. An awful place. And Willis expects me to be so triggered by the depiction of an attempted suicide that I'll suddenly go back in time and want to off myself again, and so his solution to that is to post a picture of an adorable kitten, because clearly a kitten can turn off a suicidal impulse? That's why they give PTSD-addled veterans kitten pictures to carry around with them, right? That's why mental wards still have Hang in There, Baby pictures everywhere?

So he fucks up narrative impact by explicitly spelling out exactly what's going to happen ahead of time, and then immediately ruins any impact OR seriousness the shot of attempted suicide conveys by appending an asinine, insulting "there there here's a kitten" picture immediately to the end of the comic.

How do his readers handle literally any challenging piece of art? Can they hear the MASH theme without breaking down? If a college professor tells them "the Poisonwood Bible contains scenes of rape and violence," do they need to say exactly which PAGES contain the troubling information, and then have a juice box handy for afterwards?

>I had my own thoughts about Life Is Strange's ending, but I forgot what they were. It's been a while since I was angry at the ending and how illogical the time tornado was.

I know that feel. There are a lot of powerful moments in the game that I have strong memories of, but all I can recall of the ending was that there was a tornado, that you're by the lighthouse, and that I was finally able to kill off that bitch Chloe.

>pic related, one of my favorite moments

I thought her mom only ATTEMPTED suicide? Warboss Hamfist alluded to the Evil One taking his wife, that would imply she divorced and bailed or went gay or something

"Shitlord in the Shadows" will be the title of my autobiography.

>That's why they give PTSD-addled veterans kitten pictures to carry around with them, right?

Actual kittens and puppies are a form of trauma therapy.

>How do his readers handle literally any challenging piece of art? Can they hear the MASH theme without breaking down? If a college professor tells them "the Poisonwood Bible contains scenes of rape and violence," do they need to say exactly which PAGES contain the troubling information, and then have a juice box handy for afterwards?

IIRC, by bullying and harassing Willis so badly he stabbed himself in the drawing hand.

>Becky... Toedad never told you what happened to your mother...

also WHY CAN SHE NOT STOP SMILING GOD DAMMIT

If they'd been a little sensible and at least made that trainwreck a part of the original series canon, she could very easily have been his daughter.

For me, it wasn't so much killing off Chloe (dyed-hair lesbians are my favorite to whack it to) as much as it was how stupid the premise of a tornado coming through to kill her was.

I think it had something to do with how Max went back in time to the beginning of the game and didn't do anything from the get-go to expose everything she had learned throughout the course of the story while still being able to save Chloe's life.

That was Jeph Jacques who stabbed his hand.

You need to remember that a lot of content and plots have been cut in the game.

I suppose so; I'm not as well-versed on the game as you are. I just read up on it after it ended.

What I know for sure is that it's another grand case of the choices you make throughout the game not actually mattering when the ending is just one of two choices, like Mass Effect 3 and Beyond: Two Souls.

Yeah, I think thats my whole thing about it This should have been about a new team opening up a franchise in another city.

Man, all that shitty behind the scenes actions ehind that flick.

>it wasn't so much killing off Chloe (dyed-hair lesbians are my favorite to whack it to)

Sure, dyed dykes are hot, but Chloe's personality was terrible.
I don't think I ever hated a character I was supposed to like so much.

>didn't do anything from the get-go to expose everything she had learned throughout the course of the story while still being able to save Chloe's life.

huh?

>That was Jeph Jacques who stabbed his hand.

My bad. Still, exact same situation aside from the different person.

What was cut?

>What I know for sure is that it's another grand case of the choices you make throughout the game not actually mattering when the ending is just one of two choices, like Mass Effect 3 and Beyond: Two Souls.

Surprised you don't mention the Telltale Games in that company, since they're what inspired LiS and they're the worse in that regard.

Nerve damage resulting in facial dyskinesia. Due to the constant smiling what she intends to be interpreted as melancholic and bitterly sarcastic is instead received as quirky and irreverent.

>What was cut?
Just to name a few:
>Nathan's dad knowing about the storm. His speaks about a "great enema" that will cleanse Arcadia for Nathan to take over.
>The Tobanga and other native american things.
>The scarf in Samuel's closet.
>Nathan's relationship with David.
>Jefferson's phone call in EP2.
>Wells and Jefferson's conversation by his car.
>The letter between David and Sean (David has a letter from Sean in his garage thanking him for his help with Nathan).
>Everything with Rachel. Like that Deer.

Come to think of it, we never did learn much about Nathan's family, despite how much they were talked about. And the Tobanga never did wind up having any connection. Heck, now that I think about it, it makes the ending seem even lamer.

>Chloe's personality was terrible.
True, true.

>huh?
In the ending where she goes back and let Chloe die, Max could have just found a way to stop Chloe from being killed and expose all the shit that was going down with that one teacher. But she just stuck around and let Chloe die.

>Surprised you don't mention the Telltale Games in that company, since they're what inspired LiS and they're the worse in that regard.
That's true too. I've never played a Telltale game, but I think that ME3 and BTS are more blatant in how little your choices matter in regards to the finale.

Y'know, how do you even cut stuff from a video game? It's not like you're bound by convention to keep game length under X hours; you can go for as long as you want. Just look at Metal Gear Solid.

You only have so much money and time before a publishing date.

> I've never played a Telltale game, but I think that ME3 and BTS are more blatant in how little your choices matter in regards to the finale.

I find it especially glaring in Telltale Games. The first modern one, Walking Dead season 1, is excellent, and very worth play if you liked LiS, but the game endlessly tells you that your choices will matter, and then in the final episode, it repeatedly smacks you over the head with the realization that no matter what choices you made, the game will still end the same way no matter what.

>Y'know, how do you even cut stuff from a video game? It's not like you're bound by convention to keep game length under X hours; you can go for as long as you want.

Yet the Telltale games keep getting shorter and shorter - and TWAU, which was pretty good, still had some glaringly obvious changes after the first episode.

Oh, right. My bad.
It's still kind of dumb to just have plans and then cut it out. I guess that's the tradeoff for story-heavy games; gameplay-heavy games generally cut actual gameplay elements.

Telltale's become notorious nowadays for having a visible formula in their games. They don't ever really try for anything new in their games; they stick with the same ABXY conversations and QTEs during action sequences.

I miss Sam & Max and SBCG4AW.

>Y'know, how do you even cut stuff from a video game? It's not like you're bound by convention to keep game length under X hours; you can go for as long as you want. Just look at Metal Gear Solid.
Budget and shit.

>Telltale's become notorious nowadays for having a visible formula in their games. They don't ever really try for anything new in their games; they stick with the same ABXY conversations and QTEs during action sequences.

I've noticed, and I'm getting tired of it, but not as tired as I am all the endings being the same. The new Batman game's first episode was good, but I'm afraid it'll all end the same way.

I continue to be impressed by how reasonable and nice a guy Joyce's father is.
But since this is Willis, I keep expecting him to completely fuck everything up.

I I/
II I_

Ok I finished this strip.

But while I was reviewing the comic itself, I noticed that Ruth, Mary, Walky, and Joe +Danny Are all on the same floor, so, what's up with that? Is it a thing that's split in half or something? half boys, half girls?

Also yeah, my mary expy is mexican a tanned one too.

Correct, the floor is split into a girl wing and a boy wing.

Where do the transgender students stay?

>I I/
>II I_