Poor Elka.

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Stories/emanations.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOT MUH CRESCE

Poor Elan.

"Light" chapter my ass.

What does core leech mean again?

Remove a fundamental aspect from an object (or person). The khert no longer recognizes it as a valid entity and erases it (painfully).

you take a critical piece of Khert data from something/someone, so the Khert slowly and agnoizingly disintegrates whatever it is to remove the discrepancy in reality.

Jesus fuck

She explained a few updates back she more meant "light for most of the chapter."

I want a dog you can ride on

Is it an advanced "spell" or can most people do it but choose not to because it's so horrible?

It's not that difficult to pull off, really almost as easy to do it by accident by forgetting to replace an aspect soon enough. The people at the Khert hubs watch over all the spellwork being done in their country, partially to catch if someone gets leechmurdered. Of course, they can't see everything all the time. Most countries will probably take note if they catch you, but Alderode will use its weird Khert to paralyze you and have one of their bird-dogs bring you in for appropriate punishment (the retrieval part is what Quigley did for a living until Vienne died).

It's probably the easiest thing in the world for a wright to do, but it's also risky since there's a chance that the khert will just go "fuck you" to the caster for abusing the system and erase them instead.

Thank you. That's really interesting

Are you allowed to do it in self defence?

You could get away with it in all-out war, but even in a duel gone wrong you'd probably stand trial.

There's a prose story set in Duane's student days that discusses the concept.

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Stories/emanations.html

Apparently, since Duane did it to some Plat kid in college when he was being beaten up. He did get expelled and had to join the army, but he wasn't arrested.

He didn't even get expelled, he left on his own. But he only got away with it because his fuckbuddy took the blame. She got expelled and was also supposed to stand trial.

A nice read, thanks!

So is Toma right or just delusional in thinking the queen didn't order this?

What's so bad about core leeching? Everyone ITT is treating it like the literal worst thing you could do to someone

It pretty much is. You're not just killing them, you're wiping them from history. Making it like they never fucking existed.

If they're wiped from history, why do people still remember them after they died?

Or does it just break the whole "reincarnation" gimmick of the Khert, so you never come back?

It's not like it changes the past or wipes people's memories of them. Does it? That would open a can of time paradoxes.

People will still remember them, but it removes all evidence that they ever had a body in the physical world. It's like wiping them from existence. Plus it's apparently extremely slow and painful.

Does this whole chapter confirm that Cresce is a worse place to live in than Alderode?

If I recall, it's actually fairly easy to fuck up. The khert doesn't like things missing important traits, but it also doesn't like people getting rid of those to begin with. I think Cope said that it can easily backfire on someone if they do it improperly.

If I've been reading it right, it'll be agonising, leave no traces of your body and will take you out of the reincarnation cycle

Using Pymary to skin someone alive is also extremely slow and painful, as is using it to rip all of the bones from their body while they're still alive, or roasting them over a slow fire, or shoving them into Pain Silver, etc.

Point is, are all of these other, similarly ABSOLUTE MADMAN pymary executions treated like a core leech would, or is Leeching somehow even above and beyond all of the outrageous "mundane" tortures listed above

Where does it say that it boots you from the reincarnation cycle?

I'm making a leap from the idea that the khert is removing you

Since they're being erased by the Khert, it's likely people also see it as destroying their soul. All religions we've seen so far believe in your soul being independent form your life and body, and it returns to Khert when you die. Both have serious taboos around this.

Since this pymary, very literally, destroys your soul and this is a deeply religious setting, by and large, yes, it is absolutely and monstrously worse than all that other stuff.

Hope she dies soon.

>because his fuckbuddy took the blame. She got expelled and was also supposed to stand trial.
Sarthos and Duane remembered that plat prick after he got core leeched.

>Silver
>Looks like water tribe
I don't understand.

Alderode still seems like a deeper shithole, until such time as we find out how often Cresce does these purges, and whether the Queen is in on it.

It remains to be seen.

Personally I think he's wrong.

To date, I don't think this has been explained at all, but I fully expect the Queen to be an out of touch figure head who has her staff making all major decisions for her.

Wow they're really going to be disappointed when they get all the way to the queen to inform her of this 'treachery' and she casually orders their deaths.

I went looking for that exact comment, and I'm glad it was the first reply in the thread.

>Alderode still seems like a deeper shithole,
At least Alderode doesn't worship dead gods

This was wonderful, I didn't know it existed, thank you

Just the majority of it.

You talk shit about Fat Yerta one more time, and see if i don't take your aspects taken.

Fat Yerta was a false harlot idol, who met her just demise at the righteously angry fists of Ssael.

Your gods are dead, and only Man rules the Khert

>tfw TITTYBIRD is the only confirmed deity beyond the Khert which is just a base fabric for all other existences.

I wonder if Jessamin will turn up in the comic

With their love child

No, because Murkoph is Ssael

Given Stockyard's rantings at Elan, the Silver seems to be part of the military's coup against the Queen. The line "it's a sick country that needs to hire out its own revolution" sticks in my mind. We also know the Queen didn't buy the silver, and it has to be snuck into the country through some backwater old port.

Delicieu's line also hints that he believes Duane should want the Silver to progress. In fact, checking back, he out right says it's meant to kill the Queen. If the Queen knows about it, she's not responsible for it. Probably trying to do something about it without making it public just how divided the country has become.

But he was nothing

I'm getting real tired of Ashley's shit

It's not the pain, it's the fact you're considered a mistake to be erased. They don't kill you, they unmake you.

Didn't someone also say the queen wasn't in on it? Bastion I think

Just cause the core leech destroys your body by disintegration doesn't mean it desintergrates your soul as well. But then again we won't no unless Cope actually says it

The khert is erasing you because you do ont compute. It's not destruction, it's rewriting.

trips be dammed, that still isn't confirmed, despite how likely it is.

does Delicieu imply that General Bell is secretly Ssaelit? or are there other conspirators above or below him that are?

When we get to Rahm and Bastion talking about the conspiracy, it becomes clear it's a collusion between an aldishman and a crescian at the top, the Crescian being Bell. Bell may not be a Ssaelit, and in fact it seems like the coup is partially fueled by the Queen not being hardline enough against Alderode if I recall, but the conspiracy definitely involves one trying to push the agenda. I don't think we know the extent to which the conspiracy may be people of one mind or just convenient allies. That Delicieu highlights the expansion of Ssaelism as a fundamental goal of the conspiracy is interesting, as it's hard to see a major Crescian group being behind that. We'll have to see. We do know Bell has some weird religious thing, what with the licking of blood when he killed that scribe. Whether that's some Ssaelit thing or something else entirely is unknown.

Rereading the page in question, the Silver also seems meant to strike at Alderode, not Cresce, further complicating exactly what is going on.

I don't have the images on this computer, but I've posted it before. I'm pretty certain who the Aldish counterpart is too.

In Duane's flashbacks you see Bodie's right hand man speaking to Bastion; who also later warning Bodie not to speak about a certain subject.

I think there's the possibility of a dark mirror of Ssaelism, like a Satanist to Christian parallel. You can idolise the ascension of Ssael as a process without idolising Ssael as a person. The Gefendur, however, also indulge in holy cannibalism. This could just be a false flag.

Looking forward to seeing Jivi's pirate mom.

Well that explains why Duane has somewhat more progressive views on women for Alderode.

it's his fetish

Yeah the more I learn about this plot the more confused I get. We finally got some answers last chapter but now I have even more questions.