Why couldn't he have just been the Red Hood? Nobody was surprised by his big reveal

Why couldn't he have just been the Red Hood? Nobody was surprised by his big reveal.

This is what happens when you drop Dini.

Arkham City had a shit story too though. Not quite as bad as this one but still.

Yeah I think the games got worse when they went open world.

I disagree. People are just fucking tired of the Joker being the big bad.

Because fuck you.

Also we never got a proper bossfight against him, only predator faggotry.

I mean come on how cool would a hand to hand combat against him while occasionally dodging his guns be?

>expecting Rocksteady to have original writing
I don't know what to tell you. All of their Banham games were wanks to tas. Which is why Origins is a best

I liked it until reveal. Literally ruined game for me.

Also proper fucking boss battles

It's a shame because his design is really interesting and has this "Batman but not Batman" vibe to it he's like if Dead Space fucked an Iron Man suit and that's such a good idea, it just needs a better character attached to it.

Well who would have been a better Arkham Knight then Sup Forums if you're so great

Arkham City's shortcomings stem from the game feeling like it should've been much bigger than it was then being scaled back, cramming plot points together and overlaping villain plans too much.
Arkham Knight's shortcomings stem from three writers not knowing characters well enough, a fanfic tier retcon, predictable major twists (two of them), and a unsatisfying resolution.
I'd rather have crammed but satisfying than dumb and unsatifying.

An OC like Rocksteady promised
>then Sup Forums if you're so great
what did he mean by this?

>game emphasizes the whole 8 assassins have to kill the bat in one night plotline
>each assassin gets a single boss battle
>all of them, excluding Bane, were shit
That was AO's biggest flaw. But at least they were better than anything rocksteady spewed out

Because Batman : Arkham Red Hood just sounds too silly.

Barry Allen.

Firefly's was cool, albeit more cinematic than a proper fight. At least it actually utilizes your gadgets than doing slow as hell stealth Bat-tank battles that break up the pace of the game and aren't fun at all.

I want to say Rocksteady originally wanted an original character but WB stepped in and wanted Jason given his rise in popularity

I was holding out for it to be red herring, that they'll make you think it's Jason, but have it be some D-List like Killer Moth or something.

There is no real Arkham Knight. Like how Batman tries to be a myth by using theatrics to scare criminals, Arkham Knight is a literal myth because he doesn't exist. The Arkham Knight you encounter is actually multiple people, hired by Quincy Sharp, who considers himself the Spirit of Arkham, to kill Batman. Arkham Knight appears to be Jason Todd at first, but it's just a ploy by Sharp to distract Batman.

Does anyone else feel that trying to have a Knightfall like story in a video game was a huge reason why this story was unsatisfying? The whole idea that all the villains attacking on the same night as well as the Arkham Knight was so Batman would be overwhelmed. But the game rewards upgrade points for progressing side missions. The point of the Knightfall like story is lost when Batman becomes stronger with each villains and tank legion he takes out, and not tired out. So when the game tries to sell that Batman is being backed against a corner, it doesn't feel like he is, leading to a disconnect between what the player is experiencing and what the story is trying to tell you.

Took it as more psychological and mental stress. Not just physical.

I also think that's what happened. Explains the rushed PC port and 3 fucking season passes.

He should have had a connection to Hugo Strange. Maybe he was a former Tyger commander

He's a robot programmed by Hugo Strange to be Batman, but after realized that he can never truly be Batman he goes robo-crazy.

The plot leaked on Sup Forums so they had to delay the game for six months and come up with a last minute story and that's why it sucked so hard.

No City was generally good then fell apart in the third act then finished strong at the very end.

The only one with a legitimately great story is Arkham Asylum for keeping it so simple and packing so much story into the environment.

An original character.

It's better than the kind of "boss fight" we get against most characters, or did you already forget shit like Killer Croc? At least predator missions are fun.

I'd like to think that Rocksteady built the whole damn game around the scene where Batman cracks the Arkham Knight's helmet causing it to break apart and form the Red Hood.

That said, the game was okay. I'd have been fine with the tank combat if it didn't take up most of the game and cheat me out of what could have been an otherwise cool Deathstroke boss fight.