Debate flares after black college students seek a non-white roommate

>In most respects, the roommate-wanted notice seemed routine. Three students at the Claremont colleges in Southern California were looking for a fourth this summer to join them in an off-campus house. They added a caveat in parentheses: “POC only,” they said, using a common abbreviation for people of color.

>When a classmate challenged that condition, the Pitzer College student who posted the notice on Facebook pushed back. “It’s exclusive [because] I don’t want to live with any white folks,” wrote Karé Ureña, who is black.

>“When and if you understand this context, it becomes clear that students of color seeking a living space that is all-POC is not only reasonable, but can be necessary,” they wrote to The Post. “We live in a world where the living circumstances of POC are grounded in racist social structures that we can not opt out of. These conditions threaten the minds, bodies and souls of people of color both within and without the realms of higher education. We are fighting to exist.”

>Asked if the debate that unfolded was a reflection of national events and a glimpse of what the mood on many campuses may be like this coming year, they responded: “Our people are being killed. Every which way, through every which angle. Our people are being killed. Our housing arrangements are not racist. They are not exclusive. We are simply fighting to exist and we are fighting to exist in whatever way we can.”

>Another responded: “People of color are allowed to create safe POC only spaces. It is not reverse racism or discriminatory.” That student wrote that it comes down to self-preservation.

washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/08/11/debate-flares-after-black-college-students-seek-a-non-white-roommate/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdB_zvfV-QE
cnn.com/2012/08/01/us/syria-rebels-us-aid/
nytimes.com/2012/06/21/world/middleeast/cia-said-to-aid-in-steering-arms-to-syrian-rebels.html?_r=0
worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13075218-obama-authorizes-secret-us-support-for-syrian-rebels?lite
mintpressnews.com/MyMPN/recent-syrian-rebel-gains-result-from-us-support-of-extremists/
nytimes.com/2012/12/12/world/middleeast/united-states-involvement-in-syria.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, so it is racism if whites do it, but not if pieces of shit do it?

Obviously. I mean like, gosh, why is this so hard for white people to grasp?
Racism is clearly only a term that can apply to Whites, as decided by a minority of people.

It's better that they're contained anyway.

They're not even in power yet and they already are trying to pull a zimbabwe.
Bodes well for the future.

Theyve never had empathy or understanding of fairness in their culture.

Literally all they know is git dat money fuck dat pussy fuck whitey

You can empathize in thery all you want til you get hit by one and they take your wallet, phone, and shoes.

"You're killing all our brothers!!"
And there's gonna be another, black lives don't matter

>Elliot Dordick, who wrote the article for the Independent, stands by it. “There was absolutely no spin put into this piece,” he said. “It was made up almost entirely of my classmates’ quotes. … I can’t find a single word of the piece that was my own personal opinion.”

>He said several people questioned how he, as a white person, could write objectively about racial issues.

The never ending argument of
>"It's only racists if white people do it"

They never stop with this shit. I just wish Schools had any semblance of balls these days because clearly most do not

To not live with whites or experience white behaviours is called living in the ghettos

Why would any white person want to live with blacks? They're fucking apes.

So, they're willfully segregating themselves now? Why is this bad?

>“Our people are being killed. Every which way, through every which angle. Our people are being killed. Our housing arrangements are not racist. They are not exclusive. We are simply fighting to exist and we are fighting to exist in whatever way we can.”
Do you think anti-immigration whites would get away with this?

Empathy and fairness is inbred.
It's not learnt.

The rejection of genetics is literally killing our civilisations.
And not a death that can be resurrected from, but a demographic death.

>Our people are being killed.
Yeah. By yourself.

Blacks are EIGHTEEN TIMES MORE LIKELY to be killed by another black person than a cop.

And they only want black-only roommates. Really makes you think.

> Libshit indoctrination centers stewing in their own shit.

I don't want to live with niggers either

My first year of uni my roommates were nigs. It fucking sucked.

They live off our money while hating us

Kinda funny that they're missing some of the subtext here.

Everyone is going to be happy to point out that they are being dirty racists, but they are also going to say under their breath 'oh whatever, no one wants to live with a bunch of smelly niggers'.

When will it be alright to lynch "people" like this again?

Or at least give them a proper beating...

They live off our blood while trying to control us

And they do this while ruining our cities and towns and the places we've built without contributing

black guy here, can I ask you Sup Forumstards an honest question? do you believe in reverse racism? I personally think it's all racism. if I say I don't like chinks, guess what, that's fucking racist. if I exclude SPECIFICALLY arabs, that's fucking racist. right? That's like...common sense, right? Dictionary definition and application of racism?

Obviously, but it's the principle of the matter.

Oh hey look the student in question is a lightish skinned, poofy haired Rachel Dolezan lookalike. Like all of these fucking people who hold similarly retarded views.

I use the dictionary definition of racism. And not the new academic version which is to push a false narrative saying 'black people can't be racist.'

Blacks are the most racist people on Earth.

Thanks, Obama. He literally fucked the country.

You uncle tom seems severely affected with internalised white supremacism.
I hope the racist white devil kill you instead of a True Brother.

>nigs willfully segregating themselves

I fail to see the issue desu

In fact, why not give them their own dorms? Own colleges? Hell, why don't we send them back to Africa where they'll be happier?

Guys this is a dream come true scenario, don't mess it up!

Holy shit, we have jumped into a mirror world, Sup Forums
>instead of everything becoming progressive it becomes regressive
>instead of abolishing all sense of raciality its all back to separating different races
>even religious people are being encouraged to wear ribbons that state their religion

seeking a roommate, WHITE PEOPLE ONLY. No blacks, hispanics, feather indians, dot indians, arabs or dirty islanders. asians are accepted if you acknowledge your asian privilege.

>$700 a month plus security deposit. All utilities are included.
>*dishwasher*
>*laundry*
>*driveway*
>located in Coraopolis. Quiet house, close to 79, airport, and Robert Morris university
>ps: white people only

now imagine the media fallout such an ad would cause
youtube.com/watch?v=xdB_zvfV-QE

>To survive we have to keep to our own

There are three ways you, a shitlord, may respond.

1. Classic white guilt
>I see the historical oppression that you are still held beneath the yoke of [trigger warning: slavery] and will do my utmost to virtue signal - sorry, signal boost - on Twitter

2. White apologist
>Sorry things aren't perfect yet, but we're trying. Shouldn't we work together rather than segregating?

3. Agree with them
>You're right. Keep to yourself, we're sick of your BLM bullshit and wouldn't tolerate it in our dorm.

All of the above are dangerous, but agreeing with them is the most dangerous of all.

Somebody please make a real looking ad like this in their city. Please

this reminds me, why aren't we making africa more diverse? poor people down there have no chance to compete if they're mainly black people, because as we know, diversity is strength!

I can't wait till segregation is implemented again and these people are stuck in worse conditions

Why would you want to live with 3 niggers anyway? They probably thought it would be great to experience their culture.
These sheltered fucks will never realize the size of the bullet they dodged.

Seriously. Kill yourself before doing that. You've already lost.

>new academic
so, trash essentially. I filter the word "racist" whenever I hear it in daily life. but as a Texan guy, I don't deal with the petty w-waycism. Maybe from faggots from DICKSEE, but it's nothing but some redneck wannabe screeching NIGGER from his car. it's a rare occurrence, maybe once a year or so.

something something white devil something something

White people aren't this racist conglomerate. if you got outside of your house, Jean, you would know better. oh but you can't do that.

>minority people
kek

Let me get that for you Jacko

P.O.C. Restrooms, water-fountains and bus seats now! Ahhhh, PROGRESS!

>PoC Only

I dont see whats wrong with thia guys. People of color are just asking for their own space.

Perpetrators of Crime should be allowed to self segrgate. Who are we, as white folk, to deny Pickers of Cotton the right to self association?

Of course i can't, mohammed is acting by his ancestral and virtuous cultural imperative to cut the head of people, and i'm so insensitive i don't even want to be decapitated.

I blame Sup Forums for that, i need to go to tumblr and learn tolerance in mind, then go out and in body.

Then start up a white only area and tell them to fuck off and show who ever complains about it the exact situation with the blacks.

Yea well there obviously is going to be a full blown war in the near future, im guessing next year maybe

>It is not reverse racism or discriminatory

That is correct. It is just racism and discrimination

American blacks continue to amaze me. Though ultimately I believe in freedom of association, so they can knock themselves out. What gets to me is that I know they would throw a shitfit if a white person made the same kind of add saying only white people can apply.

This is just standard freedom of association, right? I see no problem with this, I'd even support it. I want to be able to live in a specifically white only neighbourhood, so it only makes sense if the right of free association applies equally to everyone

legally isn't it only discrimination if it's the government doing it, otherwise it's just free association?

I think that's fine so long as other races can make that request. However, libs won't allow it because muh civil rights.

>I'm here for the room

Hillary is filth.

cnn.com/2012/08/01/us/syria-rebels-us-aid/

nytimes.com/2012/06/21/world/middleeast/cia-said-to-aid-in-steering-arms-to-syrian-rebels.html?_r=0

worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13075218-obama-authorizes-secret-us-support-for-syrian-rebels?lite

mintpressnews.com/MyMPN/recent-syrian-rebel-gains-result-from-us-support-of-extremists/

nytimes.com/2012/12/12/world/middleeast/united-states-involvement-in-syria.html

Hillary Clinton and Obama created ISIS to depose Assad. These articles are from 2012 btw.

REMIND THEM

I literally have no problem with this. Hopefully if this catches on, whites and blacks will be fully segregated. The only blacks that remain will be based ones like Ben Carson to legitimize anything other blacks say. Maybe then liberal whitey cucks will be redpilled in realizing that blacks are more racist than whites.

cmon based brotha, he's clearly being ironic. dont be such a Kare Urena.

sauce?

Is this rhetorical? I'd be sued by the state of CA and fined.

we have plenty of diverse genetics within the aryan peoples

>“Our people are being killed. Every which way, through every which angle.
I want this meme to end. The most dangerous thing statistically to the lives of young black men is other young black men.

It's their own fucking private house. They should be able to dis/allow any roommate they want for whatever arbitrary reason. Whites should also be allowed to only accept white roommates if it's their house.

Black colleges would be terrible for the job market. College degrees are already pretty worthless, but imagine degrees issue by colleges whose entire staff, teachers, and graduates are only where they are because of their skin color. The pressure of forcing unqualified blacks through the system would shift from the education department to the job market. After all, if you don't hire a black person who went to an all black school and got a black degree, your company must be racist.

Let me get that for you Jacko

>grounded in racist social structures
Leftist conspiracy theories.
Whites are the majority, therefore society be rayciss n shiet

There are far fewer whites on this fucking planet than POCs.
If you want to talk about majority go see the poo in loo people or the dog butchers.

>racial segregation
>MLK and the civil right movement fight against it
>end segregation and win civil right
>half a century later black people ask to be segregated in POC safe space.
>nostalgic of segregation are confused and MLK is spinning in his grave fast enough to produce energy far the entire East Coast
I'm surprised nobody told them what are they doing is basically calling to bring back segregation

We should give them POC only drinking fountains and bathrooms too, we should never let them catch white germs. I fail to see why Sup Forums wouldn't support this 110%. We can also have exclusive safe space POC seating in the back of every bus, so they can make sure whitey isn't up to no good in the front.

But user
Segregation is racist

>Have IQ of 91
>Be smartest nigger of your hood
>Mistake this for being intellectually superior to all others
>Use pathos riddled bullshit to justify views

"Smart" niggers are the worst. Any actually intelligent black I have ever known on the fringe of actual high IQ typically has disdain, correctly, for niggers.

"Smart" niggers are like obstreperous 13 year olds with zero life experience trying to tell their parents "how it is".

I seem to recall the Jewish people in Germany had their own safe spaces. I believe they called them the "Ghettos"

>When and if you understand this context
>context

Am I the only one noticing how much liberals use the word "context" and how it basically just means "everything I was taught in Race Studies 101"?

>be white
>want to live with other whites
>NUH-UH U RAYCISS, HERE TAKE TYRONE AND ABDUL AND FEED DEM

>be black
>want to live with other blacks
>DATS MA BOI, FITE DA OPPRESHUN OF DA WITE DEVIL

How could the west become this cucked?
Communism was good for us in the end, I guess.

The politically correct term is Pieces Of Crap

Good.
No decent white people would have an American black roomate

All this bitching is tiresome. Just give them what they want and bring back segregation already.

>(((Washington Post)))

>Another responded: “People of color are allowed to create safe POC only spaces. It is not reverse racism or discriminatory.” That student wrote that it comes down to self-preservation.

Blacks can segregate, but it's racist for whites to.

>Our people are being killed. Every which way, through every which angle. Our people are being killed. Our housing arrangements are not racist. They are not exclusive. We are simply fighting to exist and we are fighting to exist in whatever way we can.

If that's what they're worried about, they'll be a lot safer hanging around white people.

I always thought it was Pickers of Cotton.

Pickers of Cotton

Pretty much. Anything that a white person does is racist by default. But if non-whites do it, it's fine. See blackpeoplemeet.com

What will be the end-game of this? Segregated governments? Police force?

It's bad because we've gone full fucking circle. Soon they'll start complaining about being discriminated against in BLACKS only Theaters, BLACKS only toilets etc.
"WHY WE GOTTA HAVE OUR OWN TOILES AN SHEEIT? I WILL SHIT WHEREVA I WANT. GIBEDATS!!"

lemme' get that 4 u, Jacko.

time for morning bong hits

>do you believe in reverse racism?
only niggers call it "reverse racism" followed by immediately claiming it doesn't exist.

Not to be confused with Sup Forums's favorite www.blackpeoplemeat.com

Pretty often Complaining.

DUDE WEED LMAO

No, it's Perpetrators of Crime.

More likely actual economic problems happening and nobody giving a fuck about their "struggle" any longer. Market crashes tend to squash all manufactured outrage.

I'm down for this, segregation 2.0 all the way
Apologies to South Africa

It's funny because they're more likely to get killed by other nignogs than whites.

Statictics don't lie.

Whites don't get a fountain under social justice. There's only a common area and safe spaces for non-whites.

>Oh, so it is racism if whites do it, but not if pieces of shit do it?
Now you get it

>Blacks demanding segregation

2016 is a weird fucking place.

There's no such thing as reverse racism just as there's no such thing as negative entropy. There's either none or something or more.

This is just textbook racism.

So, she advocates segregation?
Somehow this is really funny, maybe the democrats were right all along and we just need to treat blacks like they've been victimized enough and they'll separate themselves back into shithole ghettos.
If I didn't have any morals I could see the appeal of this.

Whites don't.
This is a preemptive "b-baka it's n-not like I wanted that anyways!"

>mfw pro-segregation sentiment is now mainstream among the 'cutting edge' of 'black intellectuals'.

They want separate businesses, schools/universities, govt institutions, living arrangements, art & music, etc.

Threadly reminder that blacks pre-desegregation were better off than they are today relative to whites in most social indicators including income and wealth disparity.

They have more political influence now, but they are fucking clueless about how to use it and generally support policies that are diametrically opposed to their own long term economic and social prospects.

>Caring what black people do and say
>Wanting to live with niggers in the first place

WOW, black people are hypocrites. What else is new? This is how American minorities have been behaving for the past few decades. Of course it's only racist when white people do it, that's the culture. Does it make sense? No it doesn't. But none of it matters because white people don't want to interact with blacks anyway. If niggers want to segregate themselves let them, no one cares and they'll remain in the lower tiers of society forever because of it.

kek