ITT: Where you got your moral code and values

Not strictly political but it's obvious that weak virtues and subjective morality leads to societal declines and collapse of nations.

What or who is the source of your virtues?

From The Creator, and through Nature,
his creation and the ultimate teacher..

Pretty fucking based quote, is it from someone?

>imblying :D

I wish I had some user

from the blood and tears of the nationalist chinese.
so sweet and refreshing.

it's based on a quote by Hitler that I remember.

The one and only savior of humanity and son of god

The Holy Qur'an.

Allah and Mohammed (PBUH)

That's a fine print
Is that a yoshitoshi? Or a Hiroshige?

Epicurus.

Sorry to hear that.

Was it against KMT or communist china?

My dad used to tell me story about how Hitler visited Tibet and his relationship with the people, apparently they got along pretty well but no sauce to confirm this.

It's Musashibo Benkei, the warrior monk that died standing.

My father.

Atheist, but my morality is clearly based on the cultural norms of Britain, which are largely - though not entirely - rooted in Christianity.

I have, however, been very interested in Nietzsche as of late, and have begun to reject those aspects of subservience and meekness that are praised in Christianity (and in any case weren't very well adhered to in Britain).

Obama

a mixture of marc aurel, mishima and helmut stellrecht (glauben und handeln)

Thanks, it's lovely.

I love Christians but I very much agree that some part of Christianity is just too nice and even self destructive (Turn the other cheeks and love thy enemies).

I have never heard of those people, got any specifics values that you got from each of them?

There are theories that Christianity was actually a means of guerrilla-warfare against the Roman Empire, by converting all the slaves to this new religion and by making Rome weak.

Nietzsche says that Christianity is "slave morality", and that it spread throughout the Roman Empire because slaves were too weak to get what they actually wanted, so instead adopted a religion that praised what they already had: i.e. they wanted power but praised subservience, they wanted sex but praised purity, they wanted to rebel but praised "turning the other cheek". It seems plausible to me.

Turn the other cheek has nothing to do with allowing someone to trample all over you.

Judging from Pope Francis' reaction with Islam, it feels that way to me man.

marc aurel´s philosophy can be described as stoic: don´t fall into hedonism, concentrate on your mission / goal and follow your path to its end

mishima is a post WW2 japanese monarchist, from him i got values like loyalty and the will to fight and continue, even when outnumbered and with all odds against you

stellrecht was a writer in nazi germany, "glauben und handeln" (to believe and to act) was meant as a scripture to form the spirit of young germans and turn them into warriors. He preaches honesty, love for the fatherland, the importance of honour and so on. Pretty based guy.

Most of these philosophies can be found in other cultures too, they have something outstanding and eternal.

I don't get my spirituality from the Pope, I get it from the word of God.

Ah, so that's what White Beard was about.

I get my morality through a combination of anime and Captain America with a dash of Sup Forums thinking about racial differences, guns and white pride, and a belief in the differences between men and women largely resultant from having a terrible childhood. I have also worked with a diverse group of people, which has gradually soured my perception of other cultures.

Obviously parents and then society.

People tend to self regulate as social animals, otherwise we'd be all be living in grass fucking huts.

The real trick is how you either evolve them to be self serving (objectivism) or not (humanism). I consider anyone else not on the route to either objectivism or humanism as a waste of time, or just borderline personality types.

Fuck off m8, I'm borderline and a humanist. We get enough bad press as it is.

what other pronouns do you like to attach on to yourself, mate. Straighten yourself out.

Fair point.

Who's white beard?

Thank you, some really fantastic figures to study about and virtues to be learned. These values are really similar to pic related.

I'm referring to the two you specified in your post. It was necessary to specify them in order to refute your post. Otherwise the content would have just been 'I disagree'.

White Beard was a big player in One Piece, a well known entry-level battle shounen. He was a giant, fought with a naginata and died on his feet.

I just do what feels right to me. I remember I use to steal and be a little shit as a kid and as I grew up I stopped doing that and felt bad for it.

I think empathy naturally instills a set of morality into you. Maybe not a higher form of morality or anything complicated, but empathy certainly lays down the groundwork for it.
This is why people who aren't empathetic of others are usually amoral at heart.

Morality is objectively subjective though.

It most certainly does. Jesus was a pacifist, deal with it or stop calling yourself Christian.

>inb4 forces the person to use other hand to show you respect meme
>inb4 sell cloak buy sword meme

From life in all its rich variation

I forgot the word for it but when I talk about subjective moralism, it's closer to those liberals who says violence is wrong but tries to justifies it when attacking conservative and right wingers.

Sound like you got a good nature by heart then, some of my relatives are pieces of shits, they're willing to cheat their own family members if it means making an extra buck.

Jesus being a pacifist and turn the other cheek meaning don't let someone walk all over you are not mutually exclusive you retarded leaf.

Also a meme simply means a manner of transferring information, so you're not disproving anything by characterising them as such dickhead.

Combination of Christianity and stoicism

Reading Dostoevsky showed me what happens when you don't have morals or you feel you're above morality. His books helped me get put of the liberal mindset of everything is relative do what you want.

From my mother, my grandparents, my older brother and from observating others people around me

FIRST POST
BEST POST

Jesus x Hitler
I'd like to write it down, but it would be cringe-worthy I guess.

pingu taught me everything I know

>turn the other cheek meaning don't let someone walk all over you
You have yet to demonstrate that this is the case. "Turn the other cheek", when taken along with Jesus' other statements about loving your enemy, not casting the first stone, and his healing of the soldier who was attacked by his disciple, all point to a completely pacifist ideology.

Obviously that is a retarded and usustainable practice, which is why people do all sorts of mental gymnastics to claim that Jesus was actually pro self-defense. But that doesn't change what's written.

i kno right!
he didnt even run away from the romans

christianity is a poor and suicidal ideology that creates insufferable people like ned flanders

it collapsed rome and it's collapsing europe right now

it took 400 years of islamic incursions before europe decided to do something about it which we know as the crusades

>he didnt even run away from the romans
Well, this was ostensibly because he knew he the plan was for him to be used as a (pseudo)human sacrifice by God, so running away or fighting would have been antithetical to that end. However, his is a special case. He specifically told his followers not to fight and to love the enemy, which is as explicitly pacifist as you can possibly get.

From the Bible.

Christianity and then Sup Forums

You are a fucking retard, Christianity is what preserved the works and society from the fall of Rome. Rome collapsed due to internal and external forces that started long before Christianity. Europe ruled the world when Christian and got invaded after becoming weak enough through abandoning it. Eat a dick with your first day off of r/atheism talking points cunt.

This sounds really interesting, do you have any suggested readings?

nah that's not true. It's not like people would just do shit and make up justifications afterwards

My Dad

Oh yeah, the christians who were burning witches and galileo

The christians who tried to destroy every trace of paganism

At the solicitation of Theophilus, Bishop of Alexandria, the emperor issued an order at this time for the demolition of the heathen temples in that city; commanding also that it should be put in execution under the direction of Theophilus. Seizing this opportunity, Theophilus exerted himself to the utmost to expose the pagan mysteries to contempt. And to begin with, he caused the Mithraeum to be cleaned out, and exhibited to public view the tokens of its bloody mysteries. Then he destroyed the Serapeum, and the bloody rites of the Mithreum he publicly caricatured; the Serapeum also he showed full of extravagant superstitions, and he had the phalli of Priapus carried through the midst of the forum. [...] Thus this disturbance having been terminated, the governor of Alexandria, and the commander-in-chief of the troops in Egypt, assisted Theophilus in demolishing the heathen temples.

and then rome collapsed about 100 years later, christfags dropped the ball

ah yes, these keepers of the light who lived in darkness for 15 centuries until they rediscovered plato's books cause the arabs made copies

PAGANISM WILL MAKE EUROPE GREAT AGAIN

Maybe he was just dumb and not the son of god
didn't even have a wife, massive fag

>Europe ruled the world when Christian and got invaded after becoming weak enough through abandoning it.

Christian Cuckified Europe got invaded as soon as mohammad died and his armies started attacking Europe, AND EUROPE DID NOTHING ABOUT IT FOR 400 YEARS