Company wars everywhere

>Company wars everywhere
Let's have a thread for those of us who enjoy both DC and Marvel comics and movies. Chat about said comics and films, speculate about the future and post heroes being friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_SiQgng_g8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looking forward to that mini with muh Winged Wonder.

No fuck you. Drones are cancer.

They and their Evans shitposts must be removed

I love both. I just want Marvel to write good stories again. Is that too much to ask?

So who would win? Superman or Captain America in a Pokemon battle?

It's easier to slap five variants and tie comic to event.

I think both would be opposed to using animals to fight their battles for them.

They'd arm-wrestle or play kick the can

Been pretty happy since I stopped reading new stuff from both. It's very freeing.

I was disappointed by Civil War was bloated and left on a dumb cliffhanger while the actual plot wasn't that interesting.

I'm disappointed that DC can't seem to find its feet.

I was disappointed by X-Men Apocalypse because the script was a comlpete and utter mess AND Singer still meddeled with everything.

I want everyone to get their shit together.

I'm in the same boat, though mostly I dropped everything from the Big 2 because I couldn't keep up.
I'm mostly reading Image, just because there's enough variety to keep me interested. Plus I'm a filthy trade-waiter.

Is there anything interesting going on over there right now? Any books worth looking into?

I'm basically reading nothing but DC right now. The last thing I was reading was Cloonan's Punisher but dropped that when it seemed like it was going to be just another generic Frank goes after drug dealers story.

They'd probably have a friendly game of stickball.

LE LAUGHING CHRIS EVANS XDXDDDD

LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
DC BTFO XDD

There's Vision, which is ending soon, and some of the solicits for the next wave of ongoings seem interesting. Foolkiller and Slapstick are gettting ongoings, which is goddamn crazy.

Marvel always publishes ongoings.
Remember Black Knight?

>Vision
>Uncanny Avengers
>Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Moonknight

All the good ones at Marvel as of now. Renew your Vows 2 and Slapstick are books I'm looking forward to.

This. Can't remember the last time I actually liked a Marvel series.
Alos want DC movies to be good again, all three so far have been kind of meh.

>left on a dumb cliffhanger

wut

But I DON'T enjoy DC movies. They're bad.
I don't want them to be bad, but they are.

I had hoped that DC would've made a Doom Patrol movie instead of SS, as it seemed to better follow the "Superman inspired all of the freaks to come out" narrative they're trying to push.

Now I'm thankful they will probably never get a chance to get fucked up on their way to the big screen.

How's daredevil? I heard it was getting better after waid's run.

Yep. I'd love JLI and Metal Men but seeing in what state water is, I'll wait a bit until swimming.

You're asking too much from this board pal. Anyway, I'm not pulling that many comics from either company right now, but I'm really enjoying Ultimate and Vision from Marvel and Green Arrow and Nightwing from DC. Looking forward to the DC minis from October and pretty much everything written by Ewing for NOW!. Interested in all those literally who solos from Marvel, hopefully they're fun.

As for the movies, I'm excited for Doctor Strange. Haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but I was looking forward to that too. Can't say I was too impressed by the cape movies this year, but I enjoyed Deadpool and Civil War was good too (though not as good as Winter Soldier for me).

>Metal Men

My fucking nigger. I can see MM working in a retrofuturistic setting, something like Metropolis in S:tAS with the Space Age vibe, but it seems like DCEU can't think beyond the grim and grey aesthetic.

>tfw all Metal Men are Lead and Iron
As I said, brighter times. They have to come one day.

The mistake that was One More Day is getting fixed, sot that 's a step in the right direction.
And there's another clone story coming, which if they're clever can bring back Otto as a new Superior Spider-Man.

What do the DC boys think of Gwenpool

Cute, but the worst kind of redundant.

When did Gwen get popular again?
Is she still dead?

She isn't Gwen Stacey, she's a new character. Transported into the Marvel Universe from ours, she decides to he a superhero for the plot armor.

>She isn't Gwen Stacey
I know she's not the same girl that got thrown off the bridge, nor the qt from the Ultimate universe, but she's clearly capitalizing on the popularity of Spider-Gwen.

So is she not Gwen Stacey at all? Then why is she Gwen?

There's a rumor they want to put the Metal Men in the Cyborg movie since he has no supporting cast.

Anything by Ewing. Ultimates, New Avengers. Contest of Champions is cancelled but still fucking fantastic.
Gwenpool's pretty okay. As much as Sup Forums likes to hate it Hellcat's a perfectly decent slice of life. Captain Marvel's made her a good character for the first time since KSD started. Totally Awesome Hulk's good. Nova started out pretty shit compared to the previous volume, but the Nextwave crossover was brilliant. And... I've heard good things about Silk?

That makes sense, as long as they give them all a distinct personality and not just have them brooding over being AIs or some shit. I also hope they can work in Doc Magnus as Cyborg's mentor or something.

Her name's Gwen Poole. The woman who designed her costume misunderstood her name.
Basically, though, the Gwenpool design was created for a month where they had Gwen-as-X-hero variant covers on everything, and it was so popular that they gave it to Hastings to do a comic on. He came up with Gwen Poole, IIRC.

And now there's that other rumor Cyborg will be Teen Titans. Or will have Flash. Or whatever the fuck, everyone will be in Cyborg. Fuck it, go big. Infinite Crisis of Cyborgs.

>DCEU Metal Men
This is not booyah.

Ultimates, spiderman/deadpool, vision (even though it's ending), moon knight
That's probably it though

Shit character concept that Hastings is actually managing to do something worthwhile with

Okay, but why the sudden surge in Gwen popularity? Was it Spider-Gwen, or the movies?
God knows it wasn't Ultimate.

She had a name, may have been Gwen may have not been. She didn't want her comic to be cancelled, so she named herself off of two popular Marvel characters: Gwen Stacey and Gwenpool

Feel no shame. Trade-waiting is only a sin according to those idiots running DC and Marvel.

Everywhere else, it's a valid way to show support for a series and make sure the creators get paid.

I'm not sure if this is the best thread to say this, but I feel like Henry Cavill could be an amazing superman. I feel like my sister when she saw Ewan McGregor for the star wars prequels.

I gave up on DC when OMAC and Frank were cancelled. I have unlimited, but I stopped trying to keep up with Marvel right around the end of God Butcher.
I only read old stuff now, and I love it.

Try some Rebirth books, it's almost all good.
I think Frank Cho got brought back, in Justice League United before it was canceled at the start of DCYou.

I thought her name was confirmed as Gwen Poole

Could be, I ain't no hyper fan.

Oh don't worry, I'm not overly concerned about being a trade-waiter. I just prefer to buy trades because it means I get more to read.
I've been away from civilization for awhile, so now that I'm going back to a town with an actual comic shop I'm looking forward to picking up The Humans and Rumble.

>Chat about said comics and films
>films

no. See, I believe the reason we have such horrendous company wars shit is because of cross board shitposters from Sup Forums and outside of Sup Forums in general that come in and want to engage in this nonsense because their too wrapped up in brand loyalty based off the MCU and DCEU. Sure their has always some level of console war shit posting in the past but the TV and movie shit has made it ten times worse

Will ever have Zeb Wells on Spider-Man again?
I love his writing.

He was pretty great on Nova too, pity his run didn't last long.

*Will we

What's this from?

Justice by Alex Ross

Pretty sure it's from Justice

Hawkman is getting a mini? When?

And does anyone know when/if King's Vision is getting all the issues collected in a hardcover trade? Not related to either DC or Marvel, but how is Dark Horse's Conan? I'd like to read their stuff, but I'm just too used to the look of Marvel's take on him from the 70s and 80s.

September or whenever. Adam Strange/Hawkman.

Oh damn, that's pretty great.

It'll continue from Justice League United.
Good writer, too. Even if I know him more for street/crime comics, but it should be good.

Cool. I'd dig it if this spun into some more Cosmic DC titles too.
The world needs more Vril Dox.

Right. Mini by mini and we can get some decent cosmic.

God willing.

Can we talk video games too? I just want more Big 2 games that aren't just fighting games or more Batman or Spiderman

Someone should draw that

I wish X-Men Legends 3 or MUA 3 happened.
I've lost count how many times I have completed XML2. I think the only games I replayed more are Morrowind and maybe Saints Row 2.

So, what comics are people reading right now? I'm reading a lot of Image, stuff like Manifest Destiny and East of West. Rebirth has me kind of interested, I might check out some of the titles. I'm really interested in Priests Deathstroke, if for no other reason than it brought Priest back to the Big 2.

Me too. I really want something like MUA, that was such a great love letter to the Marvel Universe.

>X-Men Legends 3
Your children's children won't see it.
Finished Gatherer Saga of Avengers. And here I thought Black Knight and Sersi had normal romance, not brainwashing.

I started Captain America: Super Soldier and MUA. Cap is decent but it definitely feels like a less polished Arkham game. MUA is pretty fun though. My gf likes to co-op.

Just posted this in a Sup Forums thread, but I'd like to hear some more ideas for more DC games:
>Superman: Can do missions as both Supes and Clark Kent. Can hear cries of those in help as Clark and you have to slip away to change and save them. Your actions can change the public's perception of you as either a beacon of hope or terror
>Booster Gold: You're a fucking time cop. You have to stop villains from fucking with the time stream while being as stylish as possible. Your actions have butterfly effects for multiple endings

Has there ever been a proper open world RPG based on DC/Marvel?

>MUA
>tfw finally unlocking Daredevil after collecting his statues and playing his personal mission
>it's a literal black screen with some effects occasionally popping on the screen
My sides were lost that day

>tfw I missed one BP statue
I had to use the unlock all characters cheat

That reminds me, Black Panther and Invisible Woman were fucking broken.
>go into invisibility mode
>steamroll everything because only the enemy you attack can "see" and attack you and you can use that power again anyway so there's nothing stopping you other than short amounts of mana

What's your favourite Big 2 mini-series, Sup Forums?
I always liked Spider-Man/Dr Strange: Fever

Is it wrong of me to enjoy the Lego Superheroes games more than any other game based off the big two?

Not at all. They're comfy as fuck.
Especially when you get some flier.

The other thing the Lego games do is help me appreciate the soundtracks of the movies they're based on even more. Like I knew the main Indiana Jones theme and such, but after playing through the Lego game, I have a new appreciation for the other songs, with this one being a favorite.
youtube.com/watch?v=A_SiQgng_g8

NO! If you like one thing I don't like then it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to like anything I like!

They're good, but I feel like there's too much smashing to be done when you're playing single-player. I can only really get through them if I have someone else playing with me to help with that.

Yeah, you get time to actually listen. With movie you get distracted a bit.
And thanks for letting me know what to play tonight.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Post cool crossovers

That looks interesting, what's it about?

Can i post cool/funny Elseworlds?

Do it
Badass

I feel like Doc Magnus and Hank Pym would get along

>know every bullshit martial arts technique
>CAPTAIN AMERICA IS MY EQUAL IN SKILL!
Comics plz.

I'll start with the most important Elseworld of them all.

They should've started this with a Dodds Sandman movie. Isn't he canonically the first metahuman "Superhero" in the DC universe?

I thought the first DC metahuman hero was the Spectre.

In any case, Dobbs Sandman looks neat. I'll have to check that out.

I've lost my JL and Superman ones somewhere so fin for now, unless someone wants to see the mildly amusing LoSH parody of "It's a Wonderful Life" or Lobo Bond.

Dr. Feelgood's more occult cousin.

Bump