Do you think a colored streak in the hair of an Asian woman makes them look interesting and unique?

Do you think a colored streak in the hair of an Asian woman makes them look interesting and unique?

How did this even become a thing?

Like, I am genuinely interested in knowing the answer to this.

It's maddening.

You want the real answer?
Because of two things:

Asians really do rook same, so just like in anime you need to refer to vibrant hair colors to tell them apart.
The second and more important thing is that Asian women are traditionally viewed as meek and malleable, so by putting a bit of color in the character's hair the producers think that they are showing just how much of an unchained, liberated individual their little Asian girl really is.

It's the tiniest possible rebellion they can get away with.
PS: Asian girls IRL do it as well.

i know it gives me a boner

id also like to know

If you try to avoid stereotypes long enough, you become the stereotype.

you either die a hero...

One person did it, and then a bunch of other fuckers thought it was cool, so they did it too

Also, wasn't Blink's name Clarice Ferguson? Not that a Clarice Ferguson can't be Asian, but she was a weird purple elf lady in the comics

There's really only so much you can do hairstyle wise that's low maintenance if you've got Asian hair.

>PS: Asian girls IRL do it as well.
Lots of homely girls do that these days though, regardless of race.

People complain about this but half the waitresses at my favorite Chinese place do it to their hair, so I assume it's decently common in real life.

>Asian
>has buck-teeth
racist

MM GIMMIE DOSE COLOURED HIGHLIGHTS GURL

Do you guys think that when Sonmi cut the streak out of her hair, it was meant to be an active defiance of this trope?

The fuck is "Asian hair"?
You mean black?

No, we haven't gone that far yet. Both actual Asian girls and cartoon/television producers think it's a safe, cool way to show that they are rebelling a little bit.

There isn't a general awareness that it's a meme, yet.

Asian Hair is THICC and largely uncooperative.
Y'ever see their domestic market pomades? Shit could glue a sole back onto a shoe.

I only know one Asian girl and she complained about this until I pointed out she used to have a red streak in her hair.

>The fuck is "Asian hair"?

Basically the opposite of African hair. Very straight & flat, not a lot of volume.

tell me about it my qt asian gf used to compliant about this too until i pointed out she had purple streaks and red tips that reaches her mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell her she looks like Amy Lee (AN: if u don't know who she is get da hell out of here!).

Is cooler or less cool than what Japanese chicks do i.e. dying their hair brown?

I'd complain too if I became a walking stereotype. But as a half Flip I don't fall into the category of a Sea Mexican well.

I have an Asian friend who has dyed or striped her hair a different color since 2005 when she was 14.

It was a rebellious thing, it was a fashion thing, it was because she got attention from other classmates thing.

We were sitting around drinking the past weekend at a local bar and she announced that she is wanting to shave her head to see what it would look like and allow her hair to grow anew.

Her parents don't care too much about it, they have long gave up.

But which came first? IRL asian highlights or media highlights?

In animation it gives the hair a focal point to animate. In Live casts? Since Japanese school girls have uniforms they use their hair to express themselves.

Specific to the image:
Blink and Psylocke. They've always had purple hair. They weren't always Asian.
Knives was copying Ramona.

>>Since Japanese school girls have uniforms they use their hair to express themselves.

In schools where uniforms are mandatory; you'll see similar acts of people using hair dye, piercings, and other items to express themselves.

Not really a Japanese only thing.

I've only ever seen Purple, Blue, Pink, or Red and never any other colors. It's weird.

Same user as to explain why that it.

Brighter neon colors are used as Asian hair as their hair is almost always black or different shades of brown.

Anna once dyed her hair with blonde and a natural looking red strips. The red looked oddly good, but the blonde didn't work with her skin tone whatsoever.

In cartoons they look Mexican if they don't have it

yellow on yellow isn't very appealing.

that looks hot. Why are females still dying their hair red, blue or blonde when this is an option?

People with black hair aren't exactly unique. You do what you can to seem like more of a person.

Cause the blue black shine looks great with vibrant constrasting colours. This is something you learn when studing art.

Akima was such a great character, I loved that movie. Anyone here read the book that is her back story? It's really good, written by Kevin J Anderson. I'd say that Akima's back story is as good as the movie itself, if not better.

It exists to give you one more thing to needlessly bitch about. Way to fall for the bait, retard.

Arr rook same, so it's a way of looking different from everyone else. Also glossy black goes well with a contrasting colour.

Can't believe no one has posted best asian girl with color streak yet

It's the only way to tell them apart.

>Why are females still dying their hair red, blue or blonde when this is an option?
I forget the scientific name for it, but bright and contrasting colors are used in nature as a warning sign for something toxic or poisonous.

>I forget the scientific name for it

I got you, user.

>Why are females still dying their hair red, blue or blonde when this is an option?

Truth be told user, so long as it's dyed in a natural looking color, it's all good. But yeah, the non natural stuff always looks like shit.

>tfw you're genuinely not like other girls and its hard to connect with people

PLEASE BE IN LONDON

Southern California, sorry.

>tfw African hair that won't be anything but an afro

>special snowflake commiefornian
Yawn

>The fuck is "Asian hair"?
>You mean black?
Different shaped hair follicles. This caused your race to influence the hair's mechanical properties.

>Asians really do rook same, so just like in anime you need to refer to vibrant hair colors to tell them apart.
Have you ever watched Asian cinema or TV dramas? They don't have different hair colors or streaks of different colors in their hair. You tell them apart the same way you tell anyone else apart. And when there's an Asian character in something American he or she is usually the only one.

Anime benefits from different hair colors because the faces are so simplified.

h-holy fuck i just noticed this..

Relevant filename

SHIT

Braided, loosely held back with a lot of combing to be more poofy instead of curly, and bald. That is at least three other options.

To be fair, she is playing a character that in the comic books has purple hair since before she was Asian.