Is there a reason why people in the marvel-verse despise mutants so much, but love Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four...

Is there a reason why people in the marvel-verse despise mutants so much, but love Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four? The latter are also mutants but not by genes, so wtf?

Because they're mutants.

That's basically it.

It gets explained in Marvels.

Regular Supers are these untouchable champions, whilst mutants are everyday people that wield insane amounts of power, how could you not be scared?

Because they were initially created as individual entities but then later shoehorned into a mildly cohesive universe.

Because the X-men started off as their own thing and as a commentary for civil rights issues that were relevant back when they were first printed.
The prejudice against mutants has no place in modern Marvel, but if you take that away they lose their only real "thing."

I'll say it again and no one will convince me otherwise.

X-Men work best in a completely separate universe.

Mutants are born with their powers? That's about it

I always assumed the mutie hate was deeply seeded jealousy humans

So mutants are like modern day feminists and are fighting micro aggressions ?

I thought that their powers activated upon entering puberty?

>whilst mutants are everyday people that wield insane amounts of power, how could you not be scared?
What about the DOZENS of regular, everyday people who, through an accident or magic or everything else, now wield insane amounts of power that people in Marvel AREN'T scared of?

Microbacteria in all living organisms which cannot work in mutants.

>This thread again

>Fantastic Four
Immediately went public, didn't hide their identities, became celebrities and built a brand around themselves.
>mutants
Kept themselves hidden for years, trained teenagers as a secret paramilitary force, and the world was introduced to them by Magneto making a big announcement about how mutants are superior to humans and will conquer homo inferior.
>Spider-Man
A menace and threat to society.

That argument works for the Fantastic Four, who were accomplished scientists and humanitarians before getting mutated

but not Peter who was just some high school kid like every other mutant

Not at all. The writers just have to keep people prejudice against them because it's ALWAYS been that way.
I have no idea why that hasn't been taken away except that it's really the main source of antagonism for them and always has been.

The prejudice shouldn't really still be a thing. Except the prejudice of normal people against ANYONE with super powers.

There is, but the explanations aren't good at all.
The X-Men should have its own universe.

Because muties are huge cunts, especially telepaths.

Forgot the fucking image.

What about the dozens of non-mutant telepaths? Most of them are cunts but the public doesn't blindly hate them.

Spiderman is not exactly a well loved superhero though.

And the argument also works for, say: Iron man - bodyguard of a wealthy industrialist, or Captain America - WW2 legend, etc.

>non-mutant telepaths
How many of those exist? All the Marvel telepaths I can think of right now are muties.

They should make X-Men SJWs, that would be great. Im sure Bendis can do it , Mutants are treated as equals but get upset over shit like

>"Wow so what are your powers?"
>"Um excuse you assume I have powers because I identify as a mutant? Thats offensive, check your genetic-typical privilege shitlord"

Yeah, they really feel forced in when they cross over with other marvel shit , separate universe would be best

This

Sentient microbacteria from the dawn of time can't survive in mutants so it psychically manipulates humans to hunt mutants to extinction. That's literally it.

oh my god, for the last time you fucking idiots

MUTANT HATE IS NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE POWERS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN BECAUSE OF THE EXPONENTIALLY INCREASED THREAT TO HUMANKIND THEY REPRESENT

LITERALLY EVERY X-MEN COMIC, CARTOON, AND FILM TALKS ABOUT THIS SHIT

NEVER FUCKING MIND THE FACT THAT EVERY OTHER SUPERHERO HAS ALSO BEEN SUBJECT TO INTENSE DISLIKE, MISTRUST, AND SCRUTINY AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, INDIVIDUALLY OR COLLECTIVELY

STOP MAKING THESE SHITTY THREADS YOU IGNORANT CASUALS

I'm not even mad, this is just a really dead horse at this point

The only way I can make sense of it is Super heroes are kinda concentrated into just a few locations. Like New York, California, Texas, etceteras. The damage they do is *usually* just within those areas (plenty outliers can be used to refute this, but by and large...), whereas mutants are a worldwide threat to everyday life, despite being a minority.

Enough of them use their powers to get ahead, either by being directly destructive and committing crimes or by being manipulative (IE fucking telepaths, empaths, illusionists). That's scary enough as it is. Then there are the even more freakish outcasts who are furred, scaled, feathered or otherwise disfigured physically, in addition to having these frightening powers that the average human being can't possibly defend against. Finally, consider the media spin that's put on these kinds of people. The news outlets always want to make someone the target of your ire and in a world like that, mutants are easy to make look scary.

That's all I got, though.

This. It's just a plothole resulting from overlapping series.

Dr. Strange and about 75% of the other Magic Users.

There are mutants with only detrimental changes. I'm sure those qualify as non-powered.

Because muties are work of the devil himself trying to infest us through our children.
Remove mutie scum

Bald space bisexual dragon.

I like how it was inverted in House of M where Spiderman pretended to be a mutant to gain favorable status.

>but love Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four?

this is the part that always gets me about these threads

the other marvel heroes have never ever been universally loved

easiest way to spot a casual

It's called racism.

>75% of the other magic users

Soooo... Strange and no one else?

Remove socket lovers!

>implying Marvel citizens wouldn't turn on non-mutant heroes in a heartbeat

>Marvel universe
>Like Spider-man
Fantastic Four however worked on their image. During Mark Waid's run it was actually a pretty important plot point.

You get non-mutant superpowers from a freak accident, like being hit with radiation or having something injected into you. But anyone could be a mutant. Your child could turn into a freak. They're like cuckoos in the nest. Your asshole neighbor probably wasn't involved in some super-soldier program, but maybe he secretly has deadly mutant powers. Also, a lot of them are ugly.

I have no idea why people don't hate and fear inhumans at least as much as mutants, though.

Yes. It's the result of a sentient ancient super-bacteria named Sublime that subconciously causes humans to hate mutants.

Sublime.
Although honestly since reading NXM that's never directly stated as such and takes a lot of fan extrapolation.

DOOM

I don't keep up with modern marvel but aren't Inhumans en masse a relatively recent development? For a long time they were isolated and nobody knew about them

>Everyone forgets about this attack, which could have lead into an interesting supers vs. non-supers civil war.
>Sadly this was dismissed to continue to civil war story.

Inhumans are in a cold war state with humanity.

Was it always the case or did that general theme only came into prominence after all the tie-ins and the crossovers etc.?

I don't count

Yeah, I don't get people who say that non-mutant Marvel heroes are loved? Only the Fantastic Four had an active fan club in universe.

Also, the X-men crossed over with FF in like it's first year publishing so this "X-men were meant to be in their own universe" meme can fuck off

That sounds like the dumbest cop-out ever

>Only the Fantastic Four had an active fan club in universe.
Captain America. And, about 90% of the time, The Avengers.

He's a Morrison creation. Take from that what you will.

>Only the Fantastic Four had an active fan club in universe.
Spider-Man has a few, starting with Flash and growing to the point where it's not uncommon to see people with Spider-Man t-shirts in background crowds. Also you could count Rick Jones' Teen Brigade.

Spidey has both lovers and haters

Marvels explanation was that mutants would "replace us", which made them the "darker side" of the superpower boom and deserving of having bricks thrown at their heads by unashamed capefag cocksuckers. It was the usual hysterical hamfisted bullshit.
And even if it was about their normalcy, fucking EVERY Marvel hero sans, like, Cap and Thor are everyday people too. That's been the company's very calling card since the 60s.
Either way, Marvels did as shitty a job at "explaining" it as anything else. It was the nadir of the book.

Mostly because mutants have or at least can have flat-out broken shit like mass-mind control long-range teleports control of all magnetic substance in their vicinity.

If i were a citizen in marvel universe, I would be scared by them.

Didn't he actually go to that pajama party?

They love Spider Man? I thought that was another aspect of his Can't-catch-a-break syndrome.

People love the Fantastic Four because they have great PR pushing their public image.

Really bad publicity
Magneto attacking that base didn't ruin shit.
Anthropologists branding the Homo Superior caused unease, some people became outright subservient to mutants
Trask printing that news column about mutant overlords made things worse
Trask dying soon afterwards even though he changed his ways made things worse
Unus and Blob robbing banks dressed as the X-Men made things worse
The X-Men not explaining the previous to the public while they were still mostly loved made things worse

Only in fan art made on Sup Forums

In the quagmire that is this discussion topic it manages the most logical solution, sadly.

Considering Magneto basically says they'll replace and enslave humanity constantly and the X men have had leaders who are essentially friends with this kike hypocrite I think the hate is justified.

>forgetting the Wonder Fans
you ain't mah nigga

So wait, spider-man is Buddha? He can block telepaths without revealing he has a barrier up, that must require years of meditation.

>love Spider-Man

wat

even then the public would hate on the avengers 60% of the time.

Fags here act like the public loved all its heroes BUT the X-men when thats not the case. Marvel citizens turned against all their heroes from time to time. They just hated the X-men more due to them being mutants who would replace them in the evolutionary ladder.

Also look at the world today. Its divided as fuck. Why can't we assume its divided as hell in that Earth too? That there are fans of mutants and heroes but extreme haters as well? I mean I remember one issue of Uncanny where the team visited France and found the Europeans loving mutie dick to be interesting compared to their american counter parts.

The world isn't a simple black and white bullshit.

As do super-scientists.
As do magic users.
As do Inhumans.
As do aliens.

I guess there's a difference between
>these people are freaks
and
>these freaks are useful to us

>The latter are also mutants but not by genes, so wtf?

Sue and Reeds kids do have superpowers, so their parent's genes are indeed mutated just as much as any X-men's.

This, and all the attempted justifications have been awful.

>why don't the regular people of the marvel universe love their heroes like the regular people of the dc universe do

Does Sup Forums really think like this? Does Sup Forums even read comics?

>threat or menace
Jonah's a cunt

>So mutants are like modern day feminists and are fighting micro aggressions ?

They did re-imagine them all along the lines of actual racial militas very recently, in case you completely missed out on that.

He had the only counter to a telepath
Another fucking telepath

Hes a very controlled man. Hes got to hold back punches from muscles that can lift the daily bugle every day. Hes also got the patience of a spider, have you ever seen a spider break compsure?

>the redhead

Nice to see all the young guys loving him.

Now that's really cute.

Well excuse me if that wasn't shown on the page that was shown

X-Men was created because after Stan Lee's wife miscarried, they tried to adopt.
Almost all orphanages in New York at the time were religiously afiiliated. Some fake psychogist had written a book recently saying that mixed religion households cause kids to grow up as criminals, gay, and Communist. Stan is a Jew, his wife is Catholic.

No orphanage would let them adopt. Some even shamed them. After a Rabbi Holocaust survivor suggested that maybe god killing their baby was a sign against interfaith marriage, they gave up. Supposedly Stan's wife attempted suicide, which as a Catholic lets you know how humiliated they felt.

Stan kicked the door to the Marvel Bullpen open, and said they were going to make a superhero book about people from all walks of life including demographics nobody had the balls to write about, where the entire rest of the world were jackasses for no good reason. Their main enemy would be a Holocaust survivor who acts hypocritically like a Nazi, to show how anyone can be evil.

There you have it. That's why the X-Men exist.

this. These arguements on why mutants are hated more than avengers and shit is bullshit. Spidey is hated for being an unknown and even the avengers have gotten shit for having mutant members like quicksilver and scarlet witch.

They should make benefit hogging false flagging corporate muties, who keep race war alive because it benefits them. Like Jews.

They filthy mutant

Here's a picture including the telepath in question

And I wasn't being bitchy with you, just bitchy at telepaths

This is the crux of it.
You can add Deadpool & Spider-Man to the list too. They're mutates with cape kids.
And what kickstarted the mutie boom? The Nuclear Age. The vast increase in ambient atmospheric radiation resulted in X-genes triggering a whole lot more often.
E V E R Y human in the Marvel Universe has the genotypic plasticity to acquire superpowers, through a variety of means. Shit man tally up the number of supervillain origins that boil down to totally normal person befalls a tragic accident.

The double standard's retarded. They're literally no different from any other cape denomination.

Oh, and the telepath is the best friend

Magneto's jewish was under later writers. This story is a ruse.

Source?

Correct.

They can randomly become reality warpers at age 13 (even as early as 9, or earlier - some mutants seem to be active from birth in a very few cases).

Your brain wasn't developed enough at that age - literally, incontrovertibly - to make adult decisions. You're going to trust a child with that kind of power? Who happens to be organised into one of what seems like two or more warring paramilitary factions?

I mean they literally are responsible for some pretty appalling atrocities at this point. Just fucking everybody over as recently as AvX is going to be good enough reason for most people to hate/fear mutants, never mind all the Wonder Woman stuff Cyclops was doing after that.

And it's not like the Avengers never get shit on for what they do - they had to join the UN, they had to move out of New York, and all of this was because people were literally outside the mansion protesting against them 24/7. Even during Bendis' run they were out there. The FF get attacked all the time despite being open about what they are, how they got their powers, and being some of the biggest philanthropists in their world. Spider-Man has the entire city of New York antagonized against him most of the time. The New Warriors - I mean, the New Warriors. Look how that went.

Eventually he'll get bored and post the why hasn't x cured cancer yet thread again.

That makes no sense. If it can't survive in mutants, why can it survive in humans with inactive x-genes? Why can't a sentient gestalt of that complexity simply throw itself at mutants until it evolves into a form that can survive in them, given that this would take literally weeks?

They literally crossed over at issue #27, and they'd already mentioned wider universe stuff before then. It was never a separate universe, nor intended to be one.

Strange, Wundarr the Aquarian, the first Black Widow, Jennifer Kale, Brother Voodoo, Clea, Dr Druid, Pixie (not a mutant, a half-human-witch-half-demon), Talisman, Merlin (multiple), Merlyn, Dracula, Morgan le Fay, Baron Mordo, Nico Minoru (and family), Enchantress, Agatha Harkness, Roma, Satana, the Ancient One...

Stan and Joan Lee's children were born in 1950 and 1953 respectively.

The X-Men weren't created until the youngest child was already 10 years old. If they'd wanted more children in the interim, given the obvious fecundity of Joan and Stan's junk, they'd have some.

Obvious ruse is obvious.

>And it's not like the Avengers never get shit on for what they do
Given how fucking pants-on-head retarded writers will go I don't think this holds up. S'a bit of a fallacy at this point.

That's a great story, but complete bullshit. I didn't even know what posted, but even without that, it's disproven easily by the fact that the original 5 X-men were all fucking WASPs. The more diverse cast and the racial discrimination allegory weren't added until Claremont started writing the book.

The majority of mutants are not powerful enough to be super-heroes. So they take jobs away from the middle-class.

>take jobs away from the middle class
>people who would have been born anyways regardless of if they have powers or not

Because lack of foresight

yeah, Stan wanted a teen hero book and didn't wanna come up with 5+ origins and read about Mutants in the paper

the thing is that mutants are a new species and they can breed. Of what would you be more afraid Cap America/ Ms Marvel offspring or Magneto/Storm offspring?

They don't love Spider-man and Fantastic Four.
I mean some do, but then again some people love certain X-men and Mutants. They've always had a fickle relationship with those Super teams.
Depending on how powered up she is, Ms Marvel can be pretty fucking destructive herself.
Though really it's stupid to pretend it's about powers since weak mutants get shit on just as much if not more than their OP counterparts.

>the thing is that mutants are a new species and they can breed.

Pretty much all heros breed true. The only difference between the X-Men and everyone else is that the former are organized as racial militas with the aim of completely replacing normies in the short or long run.

>the thing is that mutants are a new species and they can breed.
Yeah.
With non-mutants.
Ergo, not a new fucking species.

Fuck's sake this whole Race War Now bullshit is only an issue in the hypothetical future WHERE YOU FORCE MUTANTS TO ONLY FUCK OTHER MUTANTS IN THE FIRST PLACE

And then what? Will you try to kill of the Inhumans next? The Atlantans? The Eternals? The Deviants?