Why did Tumblr hate this episode so much?

Why did Tumblr hate this episode so much?

they didn't give the nigger gem a chance

just like harambe

Why do you know what tumblr thinks?

The nigger gem wasn't also a pansexual tranny.

>a chance

Except this was pretty much her second chance and she fucked it up.

Because they're so far left they've swung back to right so they think a message where they're being told they can't kill their enemies/oppressors is shit.

This. Bismuth was so consumed by hatred towards Homeworld gems that she wanted them destroyed; she didn't even give Lapis a chance and just poofed her when she was trying to flee. Hell, if she saw Lapis while she was out she might've flown off the handle then and there. She didn't want to even consider that there was another way to fight, which was why she and Rose (later Steven) became at odds with one another.

She did soften a little when Steven vowed to her she'd tell the other Gems what had happened, so maybe there's hope for her. But not at the moment; she's too Knight Templar for the Gems' current philosophy.

Because they focused on the race of the characters voice actor rather then the character herself.

>black voiced character is acting aggressive even thought I'm white this offends me

Instead of having a conversation about busmuths intentions and what could have shaped her convictions, they want to circle jerk over imagined racial overtones.

I thought tumblr would have loved this episode since it shows how the only diversity that shouldn't be valued is diversity of opinions.
Bismuth was imprisoned in the end because she had a different viewpoint on how to deal with homeworld.
Tumblr thinks diversity is all about skin color and genitals and doesn't understand that people with different viewpoints are not evil.
Imprisoning someone for their views is acceptable. Very tumblr.

I've seen articles criticizing the message of "Don't fight hate with hate". Cause the more radical parts of tumblr disagree with that sentiment now.

Also they think that a lot of ''butch'' coded characters aren't being given a chance and are portrayed as evil such as jasper and bismuth.

So did they just completely forget about Garnet?

was I tho only one that thought she looked particularly apelike - both head and body shape?

Somehow being told they can't kill their oppressors equated to they can't fight against their oppressors in a show where y'know... shit is framed around a literal rebellion that occurred. Cause that makes sense.

#
They also got pretty upset when garnet fused into sugulite. They said they didn't like that two of the poc coded characters turned into an angry monster when fused.

Because everyone people drew a parallel between Bismuth and BLM with their "it's ok to kill cops/HW gems" talk.

Essentially:

Bismuth = #blm
Rose Quartz = #AllLivesMatter

I think its more, "imprisoning people that are going to do shit you can't let them do". Wasn't like she was bubbled because she had different feelings. She got bubbled because she wanted to do something that was completely unacceptable. Thats like saying only tumblr would tell people they can't use biological weapons, where as reasonable people would let them because people should be free to do whatever they feel is best, which is of course not the case.

The way bismuth wanted to do it would lose the war. Think about it
>only possible new soldiers are converted enemy soldiers
>nonlethal weaponry is possible
>both of these combined will create a sense of morality around your cause
>HURR DURR LETS KILL EVERYONE WITH THIS SLOW AS SHIT WEAPON
Not only would it lead to a decrease in enemy casualties, it would lead to a decrease in new recruits

Sugar's pandering has finally backfired, and slowly but surely the main fanbase of this cartoon, not children but tumblrinas and SJWs, will disappear and all that's left is Sup Forumsmblr's circlejerk over MUH LORE.

thats funny, i thought they would parallel Bismuth and ISIS and Rose/Steven as islam in general, with the lesson that an extremist part of a cause does not corrupt the whole

The message of the episode was "Murder is wrong, no matter what side you are on or what is your motive."
Bismuth was a war veteran, with the mindset that "War crimes are okay as long as we are the 'good goys'."
But alas, Tumblr's logic is that "every single villain or morally grey character is a traumatized, deep backstory baby.", so of course when they see something that is not what they like, they cry "OPPRESSION!".

No one gives two fucks about islam

They used to

The Bismuth = BLM/black person and Rose Quartz = All Lives Matter "muh white liberal" comparison doesn't even work because in this scenario if we go with it it ISNT blacks vs whites its literally "those people we are killing are just as oppressed as us and can be liberated and you can't liberate people you fucking kill". They're all the same "class" more or less. How can people even be this fucking dense to make such a flawed comparison?

> Goes from Zero to Murder at the slightest resistance
>"Did not give her a chance"

Lawl.

because Tumblr thinks if you are "oppressed" you say or do whatever you want without repercussions