Why did this fuckface have friends?

>Go back and read Scott Pilgrim again.
>I'm now roughly his age.
>...I realize he's a total bastard to everyone.
>That's kind of the point of the series yeah, but damn in real life he'd have zero friends.

What was Scott's end game? How'd he manage to get all the girls when he had zero charm/personality/passion?

Keep in mind a few things.

One, Wallace was his only real friend. Everyone else tolerated him at best.

Two, the only girls he "got" were a naive high schooler, a chick who only got with him as a rebound fling, and an old high school girlfriend looking fir nostalgia.

>but damn in real life he'd have zero friends.

Not true, most people in general have friends. As long as you have a personality, good or bad, you will have friends.

I don't have any.

Describe Scott's personality in 3 words. GO.
(HARD MODE) Describe 3 positive aspects of Scott's personality.

There's been quite a few Scott Pilgrim threads lately. Not complaining though, just curious why.

>(HARD MODE) Describe 3 positive aspects of Scott's personality.
That can't be done and you know it.

I fucking knew it!

>Describe Scott's personality in 3 words. GO.

Selfish
Lazy
Weak

Most of them are just people he knows because of the music scene

Selfish
Childish
Cunt

>3 positive aspects
Good fighter?

Are they friends if only you contact them to see how they're doing and they never message you?

Oh noes, how can a white, extroverted, attractive, fun loving guy from middle class that play guitar have friends? IMPOSSIBLE.

Reminder that in the movie the guy who was supposed to be the opposite of Scott is a nice guy.

I mean this might help but as the series goes on it becomes clear Scott is essential the male Ramona.

That was a nice touch

Why does everyone hate the movie?

>Wallace was his only real friend.

How could you forget best girl Kim?

>can play bass/guitar passable
>good fighter
>world's greatest prep cook
Bam, there.
Wait.
>personality
Shit. Got me there. Uhh...
>he owned up to being shitty
That's about all I got.

From what little I recall he was in a band which netted him two regularly associates, and through them and venues other associates.

As for the girls thing, I dunno. I guess he just knows how to strike when the iron's hot and available.

Because they completely removed the earlier scenes with Nega Scott before his appearance in the finale.
Also because Michael Cera played him less like an ass and more like a pussy.

Who here doesn't know that one asshole friend though? Picture that one asshole friend you had in college that hung around everyone even though he was a complete dick to everyone. We all had one of those friends, and I bet you anything you heard your fair share of "he's actually pretty cool once you get to know him" justifications.

The breakdown of Scott is pretty simple. He's a reasonably attractive guy who isn't outwardly abrasive. His biggest character flaws only become apparent after knowing the guy long enough. Most of the reason people even get to know him is because of his apparent OK taste in media, mild demeanor, and his ability play music. That, and the fact that most girls mistake his aloofness for blissful stupidity (ignoring the fact that it is actually disassociative behavior due to depression.) He has male friends because of his typical male behavior; he likes women and he likes to play video games and eat. He's pretty boring right off the bat which makes him an easy rebound for Ramona and a good first serious relationship (in theory) for knives.

Ramona isn't any better. She's cold, aloof, distant, and just plain mean to people she's in a relationship with. She barely has time to explain her feelings to Scott, and ditches him for Gideon (even though the mind control thing is in play, that is still an allegory for not being able to get over an ex and having them in the back of your head.) She doesn't even try and talk things out with Knives, they just start fighting each other and Ramona kind of goes along with it even though she's much older and (supposed to be) more mature than Knives.

In the end I think the moral is supposed to be "you can change if you really want to." Ramona learns how to be a better girlfriend and not a push people away when she's uncomfortable, and Scott learns to put aside his needs and wants in favor of others sometimes.

I liked it for what it was.

This. He really reminds me of my old "best friend" who was an amazing charmer with the ladies but a complete ass once he got comfortable with you. The one time he had a long term girlfriend I had to intervene TWICE because she'd leave his place sobbing and need someone to talk to.

So did I. I have some gripes with it but I'm willing to look past them, mostly because of Edgar Wright.

Seems like a lot of people loathe it though.

Well, we are on Sup Forums. Hyperbole is our byword.

and i thought total bastards had friends

Was he really smart or really stupid?

Was the artist like this growing up or something, him and the women he based ramona on got divorced so I wouldn't be surprised.

Scott is not as people say he is
Fight me faggots, you know he isn't that bad, I've seen niggas do worst than scott

This to be honest. I know people that have all his flaws and almost none of his virtues and still have friends.

Shut up, Knives.

I'd tell you if you knew the science

>if I was Scott I'd be nicer to Stills and Wallace
>I'd treat Knives like a little treasure and go steady with her regardless of age gap
>I'd ignore Ramona and her exes
>I'd say I was sorry to Kim
>I'd focus on music and getting a better job.

I wish I was Scott Pilgrim...

So do I, user. I would kill for a friend like Wallace.

I agree.

No Patrick

Super Mario Brothers

summer kids discovering comics for the first time. Same reason there's so many Garth Ennis threads.

Tbh I'd just go out with wallace if I was Scott he's the most loyal

>tfw 24 years old and have been living in total social isolation since I've graduated highschool
>Can no longer relate to people I meet in real life
>Only had 2 "friends" in HS, and they only tolerated me
>Become universally hated on any internet forum I frequent with an identity
>Have diagnosed Aspergers

I wish I was Scott Pilgrim

There is only one thing left to do: Blame everyone and everything but yourself. You'll feel much better. Hell, it may sound like I'm being ironic but it can be pretty valid and truthful.

I'm in 's situation but worse and also older, and now I only blame myself. My advice is the opposite, accept that you're the only one to blame for your situation, it doesn't make anything easier but being full of hate eats your soul away.

To be fair, every single character in Scott Pilgrim (with the exception of Wallace and Knives) is an unlikeable asshole. Ramona is shit so Scott deserves her.

>Be 21 with really mild autism
>Ginger, 6'0"-5'11", blue eyed and white.
>Work out daily, cook, try to play guitar like Robert Fripp
>Friendly, love fun and helping others.
>Deal with depression and social fears when I'm alone

I wish I was Scott Pilgrim

>accept that you're the only one to blame for your situation
Contrary to societies popular belief; It isn't 100% your fault for your situation. Outside factors can contribute to your downfall.

I'll be totally honest.
It was a great relief finding out I had Aspergers. I've always felt like something was overshadowing the entirety of my life, and when I found out what it was, I pinned all of my personal failures on it. It has eliminated any need for change. I feel that human beings are pre-programmed to have a core personality, and all variance throughout life is just a nuance of that core.

I really don't believe we have any free will.

It doesn't feel like I've ever had any.
There's always a stimulus, and I always react a certain way.

I don't contemplate suicide because I love my mother. I don't know what I'll do when I finally become separated from my immediate family.

I've had ample time to think about it and reason led me to accept that I am the only one to blame. If your case is different, good for you. If it isn't, just accept it, whatever.

>Want to be Scott
>Thinking about it, I'm actually Neil

Damn

Nah, bunch of assholes have tons of friends.

All you need is a personality to bounce off of to have friends. People who don't talk, do anything or try to stand out are those who don't have friends.

Some people need to accept that their life was already chosen for them just when they were born. With your Aspergers...your brain is defective. Broken. It's neurons built correctly. And other people can just make it worse for you. Because they couldn't guide you the way they should have.

Sometimes it's hard to accept that your situation is from the contribution of others and not just yourself. Because maybe if they weren't around or maybe they were better people: Your fate would have been different. MAYBE.

Neil is great, don't complain.

Congrats user, you sound identical to Scott Pilgrim without being an asshole.

I think it's less about assholes having friends, and more like people see these relationships from an outside perspective and don't know they're just kidding and clowning around.

I call my best friend a degenerate for being a homosexual. I've gotten a lot of flack for from his other "sort of" friends, until they understand it's mostly in jest. Mostly.

>It's

1.Michael
2. Cera
3. Uncut

>would give anything to have a full animated series

It's not fair, it would literally save adult swim.

Wallace and Steven are his only real friends. He and Wallace are assholes to each other but that's part of their friendship and he and Steven seem to be on good terms with one another. Kim tolerates him in the hopes he'll grow up one day. Lis hasn't seen him in forever and still sees him the way she did in highschool. Knives is obessive, andYoung Neil is basically a smaller and nicer version of Scott and hangs around Steven and Kim. Julie treats him the way he deserves to be treated. Ramona and Envy are both shitty people like Scott and they gravitate towards each other

Did Knives know how to dance? That scene at the beach always struck me as odd.

>tfw you watch the animated short and know there will never be a continuation of it
I don't even care if it ended up being a complete rehash of the books, it would have been fantastic.

She's asian, so she's automatically pro at DDR. That's gotta count for something.

It would literally the comfiest thing ever. It could take place in HS for all I care

>He and Wallace are assholes to each other

Confirmed for not actually reading the comic.

Wallace did nothing wrong.

Convince me as to why I should read this Sup Forums

>the art looks like shit
>it looks and sounds like pretentious hipster shit
>he movie was fucking awful

>Sup Forums shitting on Scott
Yeah he's a dick but by the end he's on his way to becoming a decent human being who cares about people

So will Bryan Done with Scott right? How's snot girl anyways Seconds was great but I heard snot girl sucked

>Envy & Lisa will never get a spinoff

Why live

You're objectively an awful person and you deserve it.

It's a funny, and as much of a piece of shit Scott is its fun to read his interactions with everyone else considering he's an over enthusiastic asshoke whose dating a equally terrible Romana still it's pretty good

Same here. Saw the movie and thought it was ok. The comic does sound lackluster and the characters sound unlikable

>You're objectively an awful person and you deserve it

But I'm not Scott Pilgrim

How can you be sure if you don't read it

I have a lot of anti-social friends who logically should be hating Scott Piligrim, he represents that asshole who is asshole, but well-liked by society.

Amazingly, both normies and anti-social people love this shit, it's magic.

I'd say it's one of those things that you should read when you're young, you'd probably find it more tolerable then, hell, you might even find it charming, so when you get older, you come to realize that the main character is an incredibly flawed piece of shit, and grow to appreciate it more.

By reading the OP post ya dummy

>read when you're young
I'm 23, I am beyond the limit

its too short
but given the length, they really did their best to do the whole story so it wasn't really that bad

he doesn't have friends
he has a roommate and band mates who don't care enough to get a new member

Because the focus is not on character but on action, it is something entirely different from the comic.

It is a good ADAPTATION, but people seem to dislike the fact it's not a carbon copy of the comic, which would have ended up terrible.

It's as good as it could have been.

Todd Ingram.

He got a qt chinese kissless highschool girlfriend. Then he dumps her like a jerk and you can do the same with comic.

I want a qt kissless High School Chinese girlfriend...

I wanted a pale goth black-lipstick pure gf. Life is a bitch.

Oh hi pan

If you pay attention, the reason pretty much anyone hangs out with him is out of obligation. He hangs out with his bad because he's part of the band, and he just sort of tags along. Note how he's so divorced from his friend's lives that he doesn't know who Jason Kim is, or that he's dating his friend Kim Pine. He otherwise just hangs out with people after recording sessions, practice sessions, parties or just runs into them.

The only tiimes people actually hang out with him out of choice is that day at the beach at book 4, and when during book 6 when its clear he needs help

I really want to see Knives dancing now... Good job

They'd have to get a new crop of VAs though. No way they can afford the cast of the movie these days unless they wanted to come back.

Ellen Wong's career is dead. I'm sure she'd do it for $4 an hour.

Dunno. I read the comics way before the movie and I got more of a puss-out vibe from him than anything intentionally assholish. If he was an asshole it was due to him being a pussy.

Funny, smart, Canadian.

>One, Wallace was his only real friend. Everyone else tolerated him at best.

I dunno, Kim was basically his grumpy rock of moral support the whole time. He didn't deserve either one of them.

Neither. He's a rock star.

>Scott being smart
Ehhh I wouldn't give him that much credit.

Yeah, she joins the dance fight in the first volume. And seems to be the only one just happy to be participating in something so awesome.

Shut up Scott, we know its you

God why is she so perfect?

>See a post on Tumblr about Scott saying "ex boyfriends" because he keeps forgetting about Roxie.
>They mention "heteronormativity" and bi-erasure" when referring to a dumb, simplistic joke.
>MFW

He completed college, so he must at least have above average intelligence

Well she was pretty kick ass at the ninja DDR clone in the movie. Sooo I think so.

Catholic Chinese schoolgirl ninja powers

you sound like a cuck.