Early preview for Blue Beetle: Rebirth

Early preview for Blue Beetle: Rebirth.

JAIME AND TED: TOGETHER AT LAST!

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83382000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DO IT FAGGOT! POST IT!

I really hope Good Giffen shows up, I need this to be good.

Not sure why, but there seems to be a page missing.

might be a spoiler or something, sometimes previews are like that

Digging it a lot.

I'm really liking the coloring here, most of Kolins stuff is too neon but this is great.

>Paco
>alive
YES

>most of
Kolins usually mixes things up between projects, so while his style is distinctive and recognizable, he tries his best to do a different take depending on the title he works on.

And Fate

I'm ready

>Paco alive
>Brenda and Paco already tsun tsun for each other with no hint at love triangle bullshit

A foresee great things

This looks fun, I'm definitely ready

Why is he so BASED?

Soo thsi will be nova without the suffering and with more than 1 plot ?

I want Jaime to call Ted by his first name...

This will be legacy done right.

>confirmed for injustice 2
> working with Ted Kord
This is good year for Jaime

>confirmed for injustice 2
I see nothing good coming from this.

>mfw Hitman became canon

>Paco is alive

PRAISE GOD DOG

It's been canon in the New 52 for awhile now, ever since Tomasi wrote Noonan's into his Batman and Robin run.

JUST

Based Tomasi.

Let's predict how he'll die senselessly!

Who the fuck did the coloring on this issue. Why did Paco suddenly get red hair there and Brendo turns into a blonde.

That's what I'm referring to.

He's on Batman side, so there's a 99.9% that he'll die

>stray Batarang to the heart, piercing his impenetrable armor

>Paco is alive
>Ted is alive
All will be well

Nova is stealing this idea, yeah

nu52 BB was one of the biggest betrayals I felt as a fan of a series (though far from the only one).

...these pages have made me more optimistic than I've felt about the series in years.

>Only the best stories become canon

Then why isn't Batman Year One canon anymore? Hmm?

Because we got superior Zero Year.

>Sup Forums only praises Snyder when it's convenient

Nah, I'm just fishing for (You)s. Sup Forums hates Snyder. Although I think that'll change when All Star is released.

Should I read Griffin's original Blue Beetle run or will this book explain everything and be new reader friendly

I mean I should probably read it anyway because it's one of Sup Forums's favorite comics but I am lazy faggot with a huge backlog

yeah you'll be fine, seems like they're going more magic than sci-fi so it will be different

Considering Paco is magically back to life, I think it's safe to assume that everything from the New 52 series before this is not canon.

And yes, you should read Jaime's original introduction series because it's fucking great. Giffen didn't write all of it, some of the best comedy comes from John Rogers (who later went on to write Sup Forums's other favorite comic, IDW's DnD series).

Ewwwwwaaagggh.
Jesus, Jaime, what happened? Make-out session with a big-rig??

Paco and Brenda!

Paco Alive!

Paco and Brenda giving each other shit over shit!

Paco and Brenda knowing about the Scarab!

YES!

Is it possible some writers are good some places and bad others. Bendis for example was good for Alias and such but awful for lots of other thigns. Even the worst creators have done good

>Griffin's original Blue Beetle
Actually he only co-wrote the first handful of issues. The run, and pretty much everything about Jaime, was mainly the work of John Rogers, who has abandoned us for the greener pastures of TV writing.

GIFFEN! GIFFEN! NOT GRIFFIN! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Bendis for example was good for Alias
Don't make me laugh, Alias was a piece of shit.

>All these people happy Paco is alive
I didn't read N52 Beetle, did he die?

He basically became the Venom to Jaime's Spider-Man. It was a decent idea with horrible execution.

>Alias
>good
Enough of this meme.

Read it. I read it for the first time this week and it's phenomenal.

I'm sure it won't have anything to do with this run though, since the scarab is magic now instead of tech.

Man if you need that just use Black or Green from Young Justice. That's dumb.

>I'm sure it won't have anything to do with this run though, since the scarab is magic now instead of tech.
I mean are we sure it's not both? Like maybe the Scarab's been surrounded by magic too long that's it corrupted?

Didn't know that. Now I'm worried we'll end up getting the dialog heavy and dull Giffen that introduces a bunch of plot points only to abandon them if the book gets canceled like what happened with JL3K1

I guess we don't know yet for sure but Fate seems to suggest that it's not alien at all.

Posting both of the relevant DCU Rebirth pages

I don't see why Dr. Fate would be wrong about it, since Nabu is FROM that era of Egypt as I recall.

Weird redesign. Much more insectoid.

Who's to say it's the real Doctor Fate though. Could very well be an illusion made by something else.

Goddamn Ted looks so happy.

Which Dr. Fate is this? It doesn't look like that kid.

Was Ted ever Blue Beetle in this continuity? Has Dan been mentioned at all?

This, mixed with the JSA shenanigans and the fact Fate is from Egypt as well feels like set-up for Dan being important again

user pls. He's becoming part of the book's supporting cast. The scarab is officially magic.

Kent Nelson.

Kent was reintroduced in Khalid's ongoing: desuarchive.org/co/thread/83382000/

Rebirthed to be established hero. First Ted was teen genius.

Sup Forums not reading comics at its finest

Kent Nelson. In his ongoing its confirmed both Khalid and Kent can become Fate.
Kent wore the helmet long enough that he doesn't need to be in contact with the actual helmet to use its powers

Nope, Teds only ever made 1 other appearance at the end of Forever Evil. AS to why him and Jaime are friends? Not explained yet.

Dan is a big nope as well but with all this magic and egypt I expect him to be reintroduced somehow soon

Am I missing something? Did rebirth rewrite the universe again? Last we saw, new 52 Ted Kord was a teenager probably around the same age as Jaime.

It would make sense if Dan were some of the "lost" heroes along with the JSA and whatnot.

He was most definitely not a teenager, more around college age.

Eh, he was about 17/18 and its been what, almost 3 years since then?
21 now, got a haircut and a gym membership, it works

It's just a hard retcon

Having Dan and Ted back as super heroes under different names would be nice.

>that redesign
Ew
I hope its only temporary, way too sharp and pointy. I'm surprised it wasn't the New52 design even. Also the Rebirth issue had his old design as well
I bet at one point Jaime becomes depowered and Ted just so happens to have a costume at the ready for himself.

Has the Johnny Thunder thing from the Rebirth special been followed up on anywhere yet? I need muh JSA.

Not yet, but Johns keep saying how they have plans for the JSA, so keep an eye out.

Not yet, Johns said it's coming though.

What if Dan and Ted get their own scarabs but Ted's is awful and all he gets is a fancy suit that does absolutely nothing?

Now I'm more interested in Rebirth. Ted back, mentoring Jaime? Shit yes. Take my money.

Hopefully Booster and the classic JLI make an appearance as well.

>I hope its only temporary
It's not. It's on all of the covers for the series. Also his design in the Rebirth special doesn't mean much when that scene wasn't drawn by this book's artist.

>Paco and Brenda

oh my stars and garters

have they said if Khalid is showing in this? cause i like that kid

I personally love this design. Kolins' style is so perfect for it.

>Khalid and Jaime being legacy buds

That would be pretty cool.

If any DC character needs the Nip treatment it's definitely Jaime.

That's a shame. The grin is what bugs me most.

But Ted and Fate and Giffens mean I'll get over it.

Sam Alexander is basically Kyle Rayner without God powers

Yes, Blue & Gold 2.0!

Or good stories!

his ongoing is ok

Even Cully Hamner can't have me get used to it

Its just a stylized version of the suit, not a major redesign

Booster gold when?

Soo Here is the question, which one sounds better ?

Ted and Jaime adventures or Richard Rider and Sam adventures also,

>both have 2 latinos that are supose to take the mantle of their guide.

MY BODY IS READY

Because Batman peed himself. Duh.

Based Kevin Smith