Who was the Best Cartoon Network President?

Whose regime was the best ?

>Betty Cohen(1992-2001)
Notable accomplishments: Founder of CN, the Cartoon Cartoons and Cartoon cartoon Fridays, Toonami
>Jim Samples(2001-2007)
Notable accomplishments: Adult Swim, KND, Megas XLR, Billy and Mandy, Star Wars:Clone Wars,Ben 10, Justice Leauge and Justice Leauge Unlimited,Samurai Jack, Miguzi, Code Lyoko, Totally Spies
>Stuart Snyder(2007-2014)
Notable Accomplishments: Chowder, Flapjack, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe,Gumball,Generator Rex, Ben 10 Omniverse,
>Christina Miller (2014-)
Notable accomplishments: Not being Stuart Snyder
Notable Accomplishments:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10924016
youtube.com/watch?v=hoWynebkAtM
strawpoll.me/10924171
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Cartoon_Network
strawpoll.me/10924262
strawpoll.me/10924486
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cohen followed by Samples

Snyder and Miller have been garbage.

What is this? Text for ants?

>Chowder, Flapjack, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe,Gumball,Generator Rex, Ben 10 Omniverse
Seems like a solid run. Also DC nation

You might as well ask "who was the best besides Betty Cohen?"

Cohen made the version of Cartoon Network that most people remember it by. Mediocre-to-good shows, buoyed by utterly brilliant scheduling that made even the worst of those shows fun as hell.

None of the successors have been even half as good.

>DC Nation
That doesn't count as an accomplishment seeing as he also killed it in its infancy.

Cohen was the smartest. Samples arguably had the best lineup. Snyder was shit. Miller is too early to tell.

So it's between Cohen and Snyder, and it depends entirely on what your priorities are.

Fuck me, I meant Cohen and Samples.

This. She made just watching the channel fun the same way browsing a tumblr dash is fun. After her, it just became a bunch of shows where you tune in when something you like is on.

>Notable accomplishments: Not being Stuart Snyder
That's a pretty good thing.

>Shit
>Shit
>Okay
>Shit
>Shit
>Shit
>Good
>Okay

that's anything but solid

Could we get Christina Miller to fuck off already? She hasn't done anything worthwhile and likely never will.
Cohen and Samples were the only ones who were able to make the shit in-between shows watchable so far. It's pathetic.

Whoever was responsible for Courage. That is who has my vote.

Would anybody seriously not pick Betty or Samples? Like really

Cohen > Samples > Snyder = Miller

strawpoll.me/10924016

Take this strawpoll.

That's a bit harsh.
Synder brought us CNreal.
Miller's only sins are green lighting shitty reboots that she's doing because on paper it's a good move....

That is when the people making said reboots actually can deliver.
>like most CEOs she probably never seen TTG or PPG16 before green lighting it

You guys are forgetting that Samples went senile in his last few years, a la Michael Eisner.

The shows that CN made in the mid-2000s seemed to be widely despised at the time.

Give me a bio that's not for ants.

At least there were enough good shows still shown at that point that you could just ignore the shitty ones.
Now Cartoon Network shows next to fucking nothing, even the bumps are shitty now.

Camp Lazlo and Class of 3000 were nice though. The Puffy cartoon is okay and probably only watched because they did inserts for Teen Titans.
youtube.com/watch?v=hoWynebkAtM

>Miller is too early to tell.

Two years is too early to tell?

I think each President has contributed somethign to cn overall, like runs of a comic.

Cohen built it from the ground up, Samples gave us a lot of classics and great shows while expanding on Cochens base, and while Stuart did fuck up he did provide the core to the modern age of goat cartoons we enjoy on cn today. None were perfect but they all contributed something.

I personally like Samples the best, just because of the high quality work put out then.

She ran there merch department under Samples, so I wouldnt say that

Only Squirrel Boy and Gym Partner were the only seriously reviled ones

Also wasn't that era around when CN City was a thing? You can't fault that at all

>modern age of goat cartoons
The vast majority of cartoons currently airing on CN are mediocre to okay though.

Thats a really retarded poll

None of those shows are bad.

Lee, Squirrel Boy and Amiyumi were at worst mediocre

and Ben 10 is a fucking juggernaut.

What g1 bullshit is this?

strawpoll.me/10924171

You would have to be delusional to say that there hasnt been a spine of cartoons starting with Chowder/Flapjack that branched out into Adventure Time/Regular Show and further on from there.

Most every widely hailed cartoon of this decade and a bit earlier came from that strand of creatives

>CN City
>Cartoon Network Groovies
>That line-up
Even if it wasn't the best, the network was at its absolute comfiest when Samples was in charge.

Good premise, but I am not sure if folks can memorize them that well.

What we need is a chart showing every show sorted under Presidental term/year

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Cartoon_Network

>defending snyder
>ever
Do you not remember? There was a reason we danced in the streets upon his demise!

This better?
strawpoll.me/10924262

I wish they would bring back some of those ideas and apply them to the new shows they have.

Even if they did, they'd never be able to get a god tier line-up of musicians like they did back then.
There's also a chance they'd drop the 50's aesthetic from the city and go for something more modern, which would ruin the atmosphere.
Not that I'm saying I don't want them to do it, I do.
I just want it done well.

nice dubs, ben 10, camp lazlo, andre 3k, and hi hi were bretty good

but i totally forgot about MGPAM and Squirrel Boy lol

The only thing I can remember about Squirrel Boy is that episode where the squirrel could sing some viking (pirate?) song really well, but couldn't sing anything else for no fucking reason.

He also thought there were too many cartoons on Cartoon Network.

CN City should've got its own show.

I don't see why CN city and Yes are separate on this poll. They were almost the exact same thing (show-wise) except Yes era added trippy colors to the "up next" bumpers.

Wasn't Squirrel Boy the Johnny Test/TTG of it's day when it basically played all the time?

>All those people voting for Checkerboard (92-97)
>When powerhouse (97-2004) was clearly better
Either we have some oldfags here, or the voters are mistaking the Checkerboard era for the Powerhouse era (since CN's logo was "checkerboard"-y during both eras).

That's a fair counterpoint.

>Samples had to retire because people were 9/11 fear-mongering
I can't tell who was more stupid in this case.

>CN City should've got its own MMORPG

It did though.
I'm still waiting for the remake to come out.
Game wasn't half as comfy as the bumps though.
Now that I mention them, I really wish I had HD pictures of the city.

On second thought, fuck that poll. Don't vote on it.

Vote on my new poll.
strawpoll.me/10924486

But which era had the best bumpers?

>Keith David was badass enough to do some of the bumpers for action cartoons