What does Sup Forums think of the IMDB top 250?

What does Sup Forums think of the IMDB top 250?

imdb.com/chart/top

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/
imdb.com/chart/top
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seen most of them. Disagree about half of them.

Like half actually deserve it and the other half are the capeshit of the week.

It was better before the Bollywood shit leaked in. I've seen about 230 of them, I'll never finish the list because of those.

I can't believe this shit was on there. This is probably the most boring series of movies I've ever watched.

godfather 1 is one the best movies ever made wtf u on

Settle down grampa.

ruined by reddit

Godfather 3 isn't on there

This site is completely irrelevant since they got rid of the forums

>tfw no more TheChamCham

I only watch movies with boobies.

>Tarantino flicks
>ranked at all
always rustles my feathers man

It's a good starting point if you want to "get into movies" and you're not ready for the comparatively overwhelming task of the they shoot pictures don't they 1000.

and this

i mainly use imdb for it's fantastic recommendations system.

For you. It's getting roughly the same amount of traffic as when they had the forums.

So what are people using for an alternative?

Fuck if I know

They're good movies though

Awful, like most publicly voted lists

It's a good list, but there are some Indian movies that shouldn't really be there.

More like PlebDB 250

I think you morons still don't understand how it works. It's a fucking user rated list, it's meaningless.

Most of these are great movies, I mostly just disagree with the order of the rankings.

Who has the best list, Rotten Tomatoes (critics) or IMDB (users)?

rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/

imdb.com/chart/top

There's one thing we can all agree on, the godfather trilogy is shit.

no.

wow I normally dont get angry but that RT list has me furious right now

>Get Out
>Mad max
>Boyhood
>Gravity
What the fuck?

Yes.

Get otu is great.

okay but is it the 4th best movie ever made?

I > III >>>>>>>>>> II

Godfather II was the most dreary, dull, dogshit sequel ever conceived on film.

>Force awakens

IMDB nuked themselves when they first required credit cards to post in the message boards, then just deleted the message boards all together. They're just fucking worthless garbage now. Suicidal website.

the decision to delete the forums just fucking perplexes me, its like mcdonalds decided to stop making fries or some shit

>1. The Shawshank Redemption
Dropped.

Not even close. Every new movie gets fucktons of 10/10s on imdb and it shoots it up. Get out is one of those great movies that you don't actually put it in a top whatever list, it's just a movie to watch really. However within the year it really is one of the best movies to come out for sure.

This. I had the list completed, but now I'm down to 240 because of four hour Bollywood shit that I'm never going to watch.

Anyway, it's an okay list. I like the mixture of genres and eras and that it's not just another list of critic approved "classics". I also love how upset people get because some new capeshit movie is higher up than muh classic.

I always thought there should be a five year moratorium on new films joining the list. The only reason Shawshank is number one is because The Dark Knight knocked Godfather out of first place when it debuted and Nolan fanboys downvoted Godfather to keep it there. TDK wasn't good enough to hold the spot but the downvotes hurt Godfather's rating, Shawshank went from third to first place because of it.