ABSOLUTE cinema. Any animated kino that goes this far in being good?

ABSOLUTE cinema. Any animated kino that goes this far in being good?

I actually watched this in the kinoplex when it came out and I was completely blown away. Almost became christian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTTxywB7b_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>christian
good bait

Or jewish whatever, you know what I mean.

And even if you convert to judaism youll never be jewish. They only accept their own kind.

wrong. the house of david (y'know the one that the most famous jewish monarch and the eventual jewish messiah comes from) is descended from a convert, Ruth.

best song: youtube.com/watch?v=RTTxywB7b_U

jin-roh. it's anime but the least anime anime.

Legend of the galactic heroes, pinnacle of chinese cartoons

Zootopia is a fun flick thats actually good

fantastic planet

>Almost became christian
Really? It had the opposite effect on me. The God of Israelites is brutal and cruel as fuck.

The songs are mostly terrible, the CGI elements in certain scenes is jarring and dates the film terribly, and the accents are all over the place. I liked the relationship between Ramses and Moses, and I think some of the imagery is amazing (Red Sea, for example), but overall I think the film's super inconsistent and I don't get the praise that people tend to heap into it.

more like KNIGA

I watched it once as a kid at the theater and didn't enjoy it that much. Really worth a second look?

Try the King and the Mockingbird.

Wow not too often you get someone not retarded commenting on this stuff.

Interestingly enough Ruth was a moabite. A people who were prohibited from entering the congregation of Israel. It makes someone wonder---if all the stories are made up---why would they place such an interesting and problematic detail into the lineage of David? This is something that has always interested.

you're are pretty learned guy user.

simply, Ruth was a woman. women have a much less fixed national identity in general -and much more so in biblical times. many outsider women joined Israel via marriage in the biblical narrative: Tzipporah is a Midianite (which would become the enemy of Israel by the time of Ruth interestingly enough); Rivkah, Rachel, and Leah are Arameans related to the adversarial Lavan.

Ruth wasn't a "real moabite" because she wasn't a man. it's not problematic at all from the viewpoint of an ancient near easterner.

You're right, why did the emphasis shift in modern times to your Jewishness being linked by the mother, if the father was a gentile though?

It never made any sense to be when so much, like tribe, came from the father

>why did the emphasis shift in modern times to your Jewishness being linked by the mother, if the father was a gentile though?
Because Jewesses are sexy

Great movie. Inspired me to start a webcomic about spider aliens.

dunno for sure, i speculate that the aforementioned mixed marriages that indicate patrilineality took place while the nation of israel was still coalescing and they were allowed because the lines between "proto-israel" and her neighbors were still somewhat blurry. i think that's more or less supported by biblical exegesis. but after the jewish national identity had been established and concretized, mixed marriage became more explicitly forbidden and unrecognized. so in an unrecognized mixed union the child defaults to the mother in all things, since that is who the child is generally stuck with regardless of other circumstances. because the union isn't recognized, "legally" the child only has a mother and no father. in the original formulation i think what was really going on was an assertion that only jewish-jewish marriages produce jewish children but there was an accounting of the eventuality of mixed offspring. so it's not so much that jewishness is passed down matrilineally so much that jews should practice endogamy and matrilinearity is just a technical mechanism to deal with a non-ideal and discouraged possibility.

Interesting. I always believed the matrilineal custom was established by Jews in the middle ages during the inquisition so if the father was forced to convert to Christianity the child would still be of Jewish origin

>tfw wanna watch Kubo but don't want to see that cute boy suffer

> female character is cowardous, vulnerable, child-like with a sqeaky voice
> male character is silent, angsty and spends most of the movie looking at the ground or horizon with sad eyes or being violent
> a large amount of time spent on meaningless symbolism
> that symbolism comes into to play at the tragic ending
> the plot is convoluted and most of the time is spent not doing much at all

Come on man, it's pretty anime. Sure the dour kind rather than the upbeat, but it's still pretty anime.

as somebody who grew up with super hero shows (Fantastic Four, Batman, Spiderman) I really enjoyed this

>cgi garbage

prince of Egypt uses both traditional and CG animation and you are a huge fucking faggot.