Did it bother anyone else they never really establish the Bat Signal in Batman v Superman? It's common knowledge, yes...

Did it bother anyone else they never really establish the Bat Signal in Batman v Superman? It's common knowledge, yes, but from a story telling perspective you should establish it anyway.

We have the scene in the police station in the ultimate edition with the newspaper comic of a police office holding the signal like a baseball bat. The scene where Superman tells Batman to bury the Bat. And in the end of the movie where Batman uses it to indicate where he is for the battle.

We're getting it in Justice League where Gordon uses it to contact Batman, establishing Gordon uses it to work with Batman. But that's after Batman v Superman.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4qzmd2_1oLs
youtu.be/oz0zGToKyq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Did it bother anyone else they never really establish the Bat Signal in Batman v Superman?
No. I don't have the 'tism.

It doesn't need to be established.

Police have batsignal.

use batsignal to call Batman for help.

Batman come save day.

Unga.

What a stupid complaint

Why? Everyone and their brother knows what the batsignal is for and how it used.

What happens when there's a clear night? Or an emergency by day?

>from a story telling perspective you should establish it anyway.
Even if we know, you should at least explain a part of a story you're using. It is basic story telling regardless

Bats only come out at night, stupid.

Batman operates at night, unless it's super duper important, then he'll use Bruce Wayne to his advantage.

Okay exactly how would YOU want it to be established in the movie?

Even if you're not aware of the concept of Bat-Signal, the signal still works in the movie because it is used by Batman to call out for Superman and taunt him. So if you're unaware of the concept it just seems that the signal was something Batman came up with to be an asshole to Superman.

Flashback, work it into the prologue, have a character talk about how the police use it. Like those police officers during Batman's introduction where he saves the trafficked women

Suppose so

The Ultimate Edition at least pointed out that Batman had just come back after years of inactivity and that the signal wasn't being used anymore.

Great more Batman shit clogging up an already Batman heavy movie, they can take out the Lois/clark bath scene, clark arguing with Perry, in fact just take out everything except when Doomsday kills Superman.

Fuck you, the batsignal is eternal and doesn't need to be explained.

>The Ultimate Edition at least pointed out that Batman had just come back after years of inactivity and that the signal wasn't being used anymore.

No, the scene with clark and the old guy definitely feels more like Batman has continued to operate but because his tactics have become more cruel and violent the GCPD straight up decided to retire the Batsignal and distance themselves from him, even the satire cartoon paints a picture of "wow GCPD can't do anything without the Batman."

You could take him having just come back and that newspaper comic as implication he used to work with the police

>Alright, we have a situation we can't handle
>Better ask for help from the mad vigilante who likes miniguns
>Also, let's do so by pointing a giant light into the sky so the whole city knows!

Superman mentioned it the first time
>next time you see that bat-signal in the sky, ignore it
so what are you complaining about?

The signal is there to scare the criminals. It's like burning crosses for niggers.

>Better ask for help from the mad vigilante who likes miniguns
He only murdered between the Metropolis incident and Superman's death.
Also good job using a criticism people have made for literal decades

Jesus Christ

The man said Batman had come back, though.

>they can take out the Lois/clark bath scene
But almost seeing Amy Adams' tits is the only thing this movie has going for it.

Is there a non meme answer for why Superman said martha instead of mom?

But it is the truth. When criminals see the batsignal lit in the sky they know Batman is on the prowl and get more cautious. It helps bring the crime activity down.

He knew Batman wouldn't care about saving his mother, since he had already shit talked Superman's alien parents before. But by giving a specific name, a human name, maybe that could appeal to his sense of vigilantism.

Talking about the burning crosses

So THIS is what you have a problem with not being established in the movie?
Fuck character motivations... Where did this light come from?

he needed to give him a name so he would know who he was talking about. he tried to give the full name but bat of murder was crushing his windpipe

>Is there a non meme answer for why Superman said martha instead of mom?
The script was written in crayon.

Was going to say this

The character motivations were clearly established.

I didn't watch this when it dropped but was the consensus here for the fight scene? I liked it and thought all the action was pretty good.

Actually this, Ultimate Edition helps as it gives Superman more of a reason to hate Batman

non-meme answer? ok here: film doesn't need to be entirely logically sound. Nitpicking what you identify as logical or rational absurdities at the expense of overlooking the film's messages, emotional or otherwise, is a waste of time. If you have a problem with the internal logic of this movie then maybe you shouldn't choose to watch movies where grown men run around in capes and superman's disguise is a pair of glasses

>It is basic story telling regardless
No, it isn't. BvS used cultural history to it's advantage. No one gives a shit about the why of the bat signal because it's already taken for granted.

I agree with your sentiment but it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the movie at all, it was a bit odd though but the other anons answers make sense.

Y'know, I hate the Martha meme. Wish Snyder would have had him say mom

ok I'm sorry it's just so, many other people (low intelligence people, frankly) use that scene as the crux of their argument for why it's a bad movie

I would think anyone watching this movie has at least some inclination of the backstory regarding these 20th century icons. People who go in saying BvS is bad without even knowing anything about the characters is a faggot and a retard.

That's not even a fucking bat. looks like a kike.

Feel like it's either memeing, bias, or thinking they were going into a fun comic book movie.

>Racial humor on Sup Forums? It's more likely than you think.

But Batman is the villain in this film. The cops wouldn't have a batsignal in this show.

It's called banter. Most people here are not trully racist. I'm a fag and I call people faggot all the time here and I get called a fag too. It's all cool.

>show

You're xonfusing Marvel and DC.

DC are movies, the main part is a trilogy with a few spin-offs. Marvel are a series of tv movies more similar to a long-running show than a proper film.

BvS isn't really a Batman movie, its more like a MOS2 + Wonder Woman and Batman and the emails. The movie is already bloated enough don't need to see another minute or two of establishing the bat signal

It's below a flick

>Most people here are not trully racist. I

LOL

How did everyone come to hate the idea of Batman having a sidekick?

I'm not. Where is your white god now, nigger?

Thought Robin clashed/Don't like kids

eh...

???

He had on in BvS. They showed his costume. Even Nolan had a Robin in the last movie doing Tim Drake-style Robin shit (out of costume though).

Actually think it's pretty cool Batman's family of characters are already pre-established, and it kinda works. Nightwing could be in Bludhaven and as such not commonly interacting with him. Plus, there could be some shit between them Seeing how they're planning a Batgirl movie, she may not even be Batgirl at this point and it'll be an origin story. And they could do a Red Hood movie and explain the suit in BvS

Here's some food for thought: After Lois arrives to explain the situation to Bruce, Clark before taking off says "my mother needs me" when Bruce responds with "I'll make you a promise: Martha won't die tonight". Look at Clark's expression after hearing that, he has kind of a puzzled look on his face.

I think MARTHA was just Bruce hearing what he wanted to hear. Clark really was saying "save my mother!" At least, that's my theory. Remember, a big theme of the movie is perception versus reality.

Nice theory

Superman doesn't know that Batman knows who he is.

Saying "Save mom" wouldn't help, because as far as Batman is aware Supermans mom is on an alien planet.

He tries to say "Save Martha Kent" but only gets the Martha bit out, because that lets Batman know exactly who needs saving.

His surprise/puzzled look is because Batman obviously knows that his mother is Martha, despite the fact Superman tried to hide this.

after more than a year this film is still being discussed. what kind of film have you created Snyder?

It's being discussed because people are too stupid to grasp even the most basic of concepts within the film.

The film doesn't even try to be subtle, and yet so many people missed key parts of it and then go on to ask stupid fucking questions.

Also Superman directly told him to screw off if they ever used it again. It was his way of calling Superman out.

Like this thread!

Exactly.

>establishing the bat signal decades after batman has been a thing
Are you serious?

Also can someone explain to me why normies like this pic related? I just watched his """critique""" of suicide squad, one of the easiest movies to critique and I was baffled by how he fucked up, fuck he even managed to make wrong arguments about the movie. He even had the audacity to call the movie's soundtrack shitty.

You're both idiots.

>Marthas his mothers name!
Lois lane literally tells Batman this, so why would she be saying that if Superman hadn't said "Save martha"

>It is basic story telling regardless
Absolutely not, things that are common knowledge MIGHT be established if it helps the movie, but they don't NEED to.

He was throwing a Hail Mary in the hope that Bruce would feel obligated to save an innocent life. He was essentially accepting fate but begging Bruce to track her down.

>Superman flat out calls Batman Bruce
>Batman has no reaction
>we don't see when Superman figures it out
This movie blows

x ray vision dude

Yes. Batman doesn't know who Supermans mom is, and Superman is about to die at Batmans hand.
>Save mom, their going to kill her
>Dies
>Huh, I wonder who his mom was

He only knows that it's Supermans mom's name after Lois turns up and tells him, before that it's just someone who Superman wants him to save

Literally hears him talking to Alfred during Lex's event. Also x-ray. It assumes you're not an idiot and can put two and two together

Because he was trying to make batman save a civilian, regardless if he were killed, if he said "save my mom" batman would have no clue to where begin the investigation.

I wish you actually got to hear more then 30 seconds of the clown theme. What a fucking waste.

With lyrics youtu.be/4qzmd2_1oLs
Without lyrics
youtu.be/oz0zGToKyq0

If they got rid of the damaged tattoo I would love Joker's design. Or at least film Ayer's explanation of Batman broke Joker's face for killing Jason Todd, and he got the tattoo to symbolize it. Wouldn't even be that much of a hassle, film snippets like the rest of the flashbacks

Stop shilling this damn movie.

Yeah but you get to hear this on the most fitting scenes.

Yeah but that fucking retarded youtuber criticized even the acting, fighting scenes and for god's sake even the special effects, is this kind of stupidity that entertains the masses nowadays? How can you dedicate your life to a subject and come out wrong so many times in the span of 20 minutes?

>Thread is voicing a criticism about BvS
>Shilling

No need when every kid and their grandfather knows about it

I feel like this movie simply asked too much from the audience, 90% of the complains are about the movie not chewing, digesting and puking the information down the throat of the audience like most other movies do.

What, superman didn't saw a bomb inside a chair that Lex Luthor designed, well must be a plot hole, no way Lex would use a material that's safe from his x-ray vision.

Mmmmmmm boys

There will be flashbacks in The Batman movie where they show the origin of Bat Signal.

So take it easy. You will get it.

>is this kind of stupidity that entertains the masses nowadays?
You should see the normie stuff that's most popular on youtube. It's like the vast majority of people have shit taste and can't think for themselves.

This thread isn't crapping on your movie though it's defending it post after post. It's a common tactic you people do. You make an OP that's inflammatory just so you have an excuse to feverishly suck a movie's dick for a hundred posts after so I'll say it again stop shilling capeshit.

Why the fuck would they have to establish it? Everybody knows what it is and what it does.

Why the fuck would you want MORE needless origin story garbage in capeshit, especially when it's capeshit that literally everybody in the first world knows about?

>Disagreeing with an obviously unwarranted complain is shilling
By your logic any thread about Spiderman 2 is also shilling.

>Lead wheelchair
Nothing suspicious here.

You're not qualified to talk about logic.

Watched the movie, first try, got everything about the movie and didn't understand people's complaints. And I was just basically paying attention.

>tfw no murderous clown gf

Superman has to focus to NOT use x-ray vision all the time, so when he entered the area he had no reason to try to use it on everything.

Of course he in fact had, because that's logically a perfect place to attack him, but it's part of his character not expecting this kind of plan before he met Luthor.

Not an argument dipshit.

Ok cool story

>"reeeeee people aren't agreeing with my shitty opinion delet this"

Superman literally calls Batman "Bruce" at the beginning of the fight. He heard Bruce talking to Alfred at Luthor's gala, and tried to follow him. Probably boned up on Bruce's personal history and the history of the Batman in Gotham, put two and two together, and figured saying "Save Martha" instead of "Save my mother" would have struck a more personal chord with Bruce. Clark would have probably explained who Martha was if Bruce hadn't been crushing his neck and holding a spear to his face.

>Probably boned up on Bruce's personal history and the history of the Batman in Gotham, put two and two together, and figured saying "Save Martha" instead of "Save my mother" would have struck a more personal chord with Bruce.
That's actually a good idea, wouldn't have thought of that

Not him but I legit hadn't thought about this, this is why I like the DC movies every time I watch it I learn something new.

Just the other day I was watching Man of Steel and realized why Jor El didn't even try to save anyone from krypton, because it's legitimately coded into their genes to work FOR krypton, if anyone had been saved said person would be forced to do a similar plan of Zod.

Same. The design isn't bad at all, but the DAMAGED tattoo has to go.