Was this better than Black Mirror?

Was this better than Black Mirror?

I haven't seen a single second of Black mirror but I'll say yes. Netflix is shit.

Of fucking course

Black Mirror is just Charlie Brooker jerking himself (and Reddit) off.

What was the best episode and why was it A Game of Pool?

Black Mirror is so stupid and gimmicky.

>he has to even ask this question
18+ board

Sup Forums prefers Black Mirror. Only hipsters think otherwise.

Nope, not nearly as diverse.

welp, i guess i'll be the "pleb" in this scenario and unironcally say NO

things aren't better just because they're old

Reddit doesn't even understand the obvious underlying morals in each episode. At the end of the pedophile episode reddit decided it was a shit episode because the MC being a pedo meant they felt no more sympathy for him. The ENTIRE point of the episode was about showing that you should feel empathy for people regardless of whether or not they're fucked in the head.

>not nearly as diverse

Eye of beholder... but pool is a top 10 ep for sure

>if we show the characters using all these iOS inspired meme gadgets, people will think we're intelligent and thought provoking!

This. Black Mirror tackles important issues like pedophobia, Twilight Zone is popcorn TV.

bait

Justification for pedophilia, sounds like a great show.

Why does Sup Forums love Black Mirror so much?

Yes
/thread

Will never be as good as It's a Good Life ep.
TWL4L

Game of pool is up there, but hard to beat Time Enough at Last. Also the one where the guy goes back to his home town and timetravels to his childhood.

Are you unironically using imdb statistics based on ratings by random people as a way to prove something here?

Saw Black M, season one and 2, The only good one was the episode of the game of criminals, it is overated, is more like a Aldi/Lidl serie.

>Also the one where the guy goes back to his home town and timetravels to his childhood.

"Walking Distance", yeah, pretty good!
Also: "The Howling Man" and "The Obsolete Man".

There something about Black Mirror and it shit endings that make me hate it compared to other anthology shows where the main character gets fucked at the end.

same here

Black Mirror has 4 truly great episodes and a bunch of alright ones, and some downright obnoxious and/or boring eps.

The Twilight Zone has over 25+ great eps. if we're being conservative.
I'm pretty sure that a good chunk of Sup Forums dislikes it almost as much as it dislikes Brooker himself.

What are the 4 good episodes?

White Christmas, The Entire History of You, The National Anthem, and Shut Up and Dance.

I think you're being bit harsh on the Twilight Zone if you are saying that just 25 out 156 episodes are great.

It doesn't prove anything, nor is it completely pointless. It's like a political poll, it shouldn't be taken as 100% accurate, but it still contains useful information.

Thanks ill watch those

bee qt episode is the best. The national anthem and the entire history of you are 2 of the worst episodes

>White Christmas
Plagued by dumb gimmicks.

There's no such thing as a good Black Mirror episode; the writers' superficial idea of technology sticks out like a sore thumb.

Serling would be rolling in his grave.

Black Mirror has 1 great episode and 1 or 2 good episodes then the rest is just not good.
Twilight Zone has about 10 episodes a season that are unforgettable masterpieces of television and kino of the highest order.

playtest and white bear are better than any of these episodes

This

>To Serve Man
Damn, user. For some reason I forgot about this one. It's so good.

Nah, m8. I love The Twilight Zone to death, but I just said 25+ because I was trying to be conservative and not overrate the show. I'd say there's about 40 or so episodes that are amazing, personally.
Very, very few episodes are actually bad. And even the worst ones are not even that bad, just boring.
Bee qt episode was one of the worst and most unengaging episodes tho. Not as bad as Nosedive or The Waldo Moment, but still.
The pacing and 21st Century Don are what make it great IMO.

are there any good 1 hr episodes besides "He's Back"?

Valley of the Shadow

pretty much all of them feel like 30 minute episodes with a fourth movement tacked on.

How good was Nightmare at 20,000 Feet?

it's pretty good, but i couldn't really get into it, probably since it's been parodied/paid homage to so many times.

Yes, best episodes are the moral ones with hear; changing of the guard, alone in the dark, etc. Black Mirror has no heart
meme

What do you think of I shot an arrow into the air?

The Howling Man is GOAT

Twilight Zone is one of the few timeless shows and its influence is unquestionable.

Black Mirror will be forgotten quickly.

I thought it was a relaly strong episode. I kind of knew the twist from the start, but it was still a fun ride. Compared with nightmare and 20,000 feet, which is pretty obvious beat-for-bear.

Umm, user?

The Forty Fathom Grave

Why can't americans remake the twilight zone properly?

Because the original was crafted with a unique feel of both the religious and the science fiction-y being very real and possible. Today's TV writers are too secular for that intertwined relationship to be presented as strongly as it was in the Twilight Zone.

The Twilight Zone was a product of its time, that still manages to be timeless funnily enough.

The name itself comes from a period in between World War 2 and the Swinging Sixties in which America was still trying to find its own cultural identity.

Black Mirror is trash. The english are awful at making things these days.

A World of His Own best episode

based

i only liked the entire history of you and surprise brooker had nothing to do with it.

black mirror is a lazy show with none of the originality that the twilight zone had. brooker is no rod serling.