Frogs are cowards : the movie

>frogs are cowards : the movie

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/07/20/what_s_fact_and_what_s_fiction_in_dunkirk.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stereotypes come about for a reason friendo

the lack of diversity was really distracting. There HAD to have been at least a few females and black people in the military.

>implying the french guy wasn't the only really heroic soldier in the film
>implying the French weren't the only reason the Brits could escape at all

>tfw the only black soldiers seen in the movie were part of the french army

>I didn't see the movie: the post

Colonial troops, yes, what's so funny about it? It's historically accurate

>frogs are cowards
>Nazis are evil

Is he making a statement on Trump and alt-right retards?

Sweet lord that sound design and tension building in the first third was the stuff of actual legends.

Last act didn't really hit home for me, but I dug it all nonetheless. It made me truly afraid of gunfire in a movie, which is no small feat.

I agree with you my lad, the sound wad also so fucking loud in my imax that I flinched a few times, especially when they were in that boat getting shot at and all the bombing scenes, fuck that shit.

where can i watch this flick for free

online in a few moths or weeks if can settle for shit cams

Did we really need a movie to tell us that?

I really though that they had turned up the volume too high at the start, but it turned out to complement the film very well

The Big lie

how big is cillian's role? i heard he's only credited as 'shivering soldier' or is he just not named?

also interested

Some interesting fact about French in WW2.

First capitulation was in Reim, Jodl signed from Germany side and winners were USA, Britbong and RUskies, de Gauelle from France was invited only as observer and did not participate in document.

Second official capitulation of Germany was in Berlin, it was signed by Wilhelm Keitel from Germany side and by USA, Ruskies, Britbong. France was not invited so de Gaulle send Jean de Lattre de Tassigny, Jean said to his alliance friends that if they do not let him sign document he will an hero (thats why it took so long sign this document, because they were discussing).
Keitel suggested that French emissary should sign capitulation document on both side (as winner and as defeated)

KEK

Finally alliance agreed to let France sign it as winner.

It was quite profitable for them, they got Germany occupation zone and winner countries that signed this document later created United Nations Security Council all of them are permanent members (Permanent member have veto right in UN)

Dunkirk made me a better father

Hello just saw this movie

If you want to dine, I recommend Dunkerque's endless dunes. Even if there were 400,000 Allied soldiers there, the population density is lower than in Finland on the drizzle day. The superior armed forces of Axis powers have been allied. If they have to surrender, the planet is Hitler. Oh no: now the Nazis are attacked by three aircraft and a painful day of judgment with a nail polish. No problem: Great Britain is leaving as many machines as countermeasures, and the other lady decides to pick up the boys home on their way. This is what Dunkirk says. A couple of machines rotate in the sky, a thousand actresses crash into the bush and the pile drifts off the high seas. For example, it does not show how Nazi infantry rotates the thumbs without ignoring events (?). In the historical battle, hundreds of ships sank, hundreds of planes dropped and tens of thousands of men died.

Mutiny: The film is about to be appreciated as the old-time movies and theater. Director Christopher Nolan intentionally sets limits and does not create a record-breaking animation army. Includes genuine, historic military equipment. The lenses are really in the air and it is of value when the lonely, impending licked shit on the top of the big cloth seems dangerous. Ship crashing is a great thing. Six-dimensional contradictory signals are comical, but this is mainly due to the fact that the events seem to be commendable for credibility when there is no more material to the front of the camera. On the morning of the announcement of the Oscar nomads, Nolan is on the sidelines of the phone, as his vision slides. And he does not necessarily fall.

From now on, carved Nolan would want to be a real boy. Dunkirk is pure Nolania. Describing genuine things about a real movie does not mean that Nolan would record a record high in reality: an engineering expert does not breathe at the pace of characters. Most of the tunnel loads come from the boatman Mark Rylance, whose neglect is always meaningless. As he spoke to the young people, I was convinced that the character was waged younger and remained a man despite the unimaginable tragedies. The dad fulfills his duty back straight, which is the theme somehow. Other renowned talents also lend their charisma to the work, but my face recognition software says that an unknown sandpit consists of one of the boys' bands and her thousands of clones.

Indeed, the work is a triptych that reconciles three time levels. On the beach there is a week, the boat trip takes the day and in the air is an hour, but the stories are cut together. Nolan wants to rhythm the action in a certain way, so he commands to accept this - which is logical and natural. For entertainment, the structure aims. With Nolan slides, there are a couple of dramatic alignments, but the constant piquancy of constant music and other spiky, blurry sound design does not always support transitions. The boot phase would not sound like this if it was a short film. A more artistic version of the story might be like this: the fighter whistle offers intolerance and intimidation from hell, and then a bit longer stage reflects the birth deep on the way to it, after which the longest stage dives into the middle of thousands of men, pointing out why they are waiting for help. Specifically, clone clashes would get better if stories were not faded but an honest episode movie would be financial suicide.

Maybe this is this too. This is a visual art, or a motivated viewer's stuff. I did not experience the moment, even though there was time to think about the thoughts: I started to remember the document Pingvin's journey, which I recall, according to some claim, seeks to conceal the fact that in one place, Dunkirk is a somewhat unique combination of realism and humpbacks. It does not feel that the crucial moments of an epic war are at hand, but the underlings of the end-stage support the flawlessness of Nolan's exaggerated visualization. My soul was successful when it became clear that the dad was not boating alone but had almost as many boats on the move as in my youth Päijänne a week before the mornings. I would love to heroically have ten guys picked up.

The Dark Knight.

how so?

he is kinda relevant in the first half of the movie since he kills the kid by pushing him downstairs in the boat

Is it possible to go blind and die shortly after like that?
Also, how the fuck the big guy didn't crash right after his fuel ended and even managed to shot down the messerschmitt?

i'm pretty excited i'm goin to my local kinoplex to catch this in imax

First movie forever where I sat there for two hours mesmerized by the soundtrack, that fucking thing would not let up. It was like 90 minutes of hysterically tense almost dark ambient that put me right on edge.

and yes, the movie itself was really really good. People throw around "intense" a lot when talking movies, but this is fucking IT. I went in with pretty low expectations and loved it.

i'm going to see it tomorrow afternoon i think.

ok

that sums his role up pretty well.

Just saw this film. It's not Nolan's best work. Overhyped af.
The tone of the ending (Churchill speech in combination with the music) clashed completely with what consisted of the bulk of the film: war is hell.

I read a review (no spoilers) about it before going into it comparing it with Paths of Glory (1957).
I can conclude it's not even in the same playing field.
You'll have a blast (heh) in the cinema, because it very much is a film that requires a big screen, but don't believe the hype, anons.

He has a lot of screen time, doesn't mention his name though

>I didn't see the movie: the post
You mean all the french trying to retreat and the french niggers blocking the evacuation of the injrued?

>Last act didn't really hit home for me, but I dug it all nonetheless. It made me truly afraid of gunfire in a movie, which is no small feat.
I'm the exact opposite, the first act was meh, the second act nail bitingly tense and third was pure kino.

>Also, how the fuck the big guy didn't crash right after his fuel ended and even managed to shot down the messerschmitt?
The spitfire is a great glider.

yeah, I guess you're right, had to google it:
slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/07/20/what_s_fact_and_what_s_fiction_in_dunkirk.html
>OK, but isn’t it absurd how long that Spitfire glides?
>Not really. Veterans reported gliding their Spitfires 15 miles or more

That was not the theme mate, the theme was coming together. As the soldiers became less selfish and less individual they began to have success. By the end of the movie people began to stop desperately leaving on their own and panicking to safety. Even the shell shocked guy got his shit together.

Then when ordinary civilians and soldiers finally helped each other they began to see more positive results.

The movie is so clearly about the nation coming together to save their lads from disaster. You are dumb as bricks if you think the movie was your standard "war is bad man" hippy shit, it was actually a really positive movie.

Wrote a journal entry on how inaccurate the whole MUH CIVILLIAN SHIPS shit was

Is that what is portrayed in the film or is it more of a balance between Navy ships and civillian

Planes back then had to glide to fly. Sounds dumb and im using lay mans terms but today aircraft can't glide. If you are on a standard jet plane going cross country and it's engines fail then you are going to fall. If you were in a flying fortress and your engines fail then you can attempt to glide to the ground.

It's just more efficient to rely on aerodynamics and propulsion with our technology than to have what is effectively motor propelled gliders.

The navy did most of the dying at first, in fact most of the ships sunk are navy. They make a big deal out of the civilian ships because lets face it, it's a pretty cool thing but no they make out it was the civilians ships who save them all, it was just a scene of hope and admiration kind of thing. You see way more men evacuated on red cross and navy ships than you ever see on civilian ships. The civilian ships are pretty small in number too.

Just came back, this film is fucking intense.
Great camerawork and choreography. Soundtrack was on point to add tension. And the goddamn sound was amazing and loud.

itt: tea drinkers still being mad about napoleon

>Napoleon as the high-point of french military history
Fucking foreigners. If there's anything the Brits have grief against the French for, it's repeatedly being cucked out of European affairs from Henry III to Louis XV. Like humiliatingly so.

Everytime they tried to land something in Europe and swing Europe against France, they'd be blasted away and had to be sent home cowering. Napoleon is impressive too, but at least they won there, although only by tiring out France for two entire decades.

>t. haven't watched it

He is pretty important in the sense that he gives you that "Oooooih, so that's why!" moment

Anybody else notice that Harry Styles got to say "Fuck" twice in a PG13 movie?

Isn't twice the limit?

The usual is one time

did anyone else get goosebumps the first time the enemy planes showed up? with how loud they were and the way it was shot, holy shit it was good

>The MPAA's guidelines state that if two-thirds of the ratings board members believe that multiple F-words are used in a legitimate 'context or manner' or are 'inconspicuous,' then the movie could still be rated PG-13.

Yes, I did, first bombing on a beach, brilliantly shot and the sound was amazing.
I want to watch it again, maybe next week.

I went to the best cinema in my country for this movie, what an experience, I've never heard sounds this good. The torpedo, the marksman shooting at the boat, the planes flying over and bombing shit. goddamn

When was it? I can't recall when he said fuck.

The scene with them running the stretcher to the ship at the beginning was so fucking intense, pure kino

This shit was intense as fuck boys. The whole spitfire vs heinkel arc had me on the edge of my seat.

The shots of the gliding spitfire also gave a semi

Today's military fast jets can't glide, but big airliners can do so rather well.

The A380 has over a 10:1 glide ratio, so can glide 75+ miles from 38000ft

Ah my mistake.

Current record airliner glide: 86 miles over 19mins, Airbus A330

It is Kino

>aircraft can't glide.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

biggest issue with fighter jets is many without CPUs can't be flown as the CPUS are doing all sorts of minor adjustments to keep it stable.

wait a month and torrent it. dont torrent it now though since shits tracked hard right after release

I don't want to sound like a shill but this is the kind of film you should see in theater. It's a pure visual/audio experience. Watching a shitty cam rip on your laptop would completely ruin the film. Either see it in theater or wait for a blu-ray rip to come out in a few months and watch that blu-ray rip on your largest television with the volume cranked all the way up.

Yes and no.

226 ships where lost in the evacuation, most of which was the small ships, however I do not have the tonnage with my.

the naval ship losses where six Destroyers, a gunboat, and a handfull of minesweepers.

The small ships where very useful in a number of regards.

1. they where good to haul troops from the beach to larger ships

2. Some of the larger civilian ships carried 7,000+ troops home

3. It was amazing for Moral

4. One of the civilian ships was sunk in shallow waters but was upright and looked afloat, so the german aircrews bombed the hell out of it, saving other boats.

I would but going alone is so fucking gay. If I do however I guess I could see it on a Tuesday when it's all quiet and shit. If it isn't mind blowing tho I'm coming for ya

>French colonial troops
>In fucking Dunkerque
Armchair historian : the post

>I would but going alone is so fucking gay

don't worry, you're clearly not old enough to see a film without parental supervision anyway

>I would but going alone is so fucking gay.
Don't worry, just go.
>If I do however I guess I could see it on a Tuesday when it's all quiet and shit.
Do it.
>If it isn't mind blowing tho I'm coming for ya
It's an astonishing film but don't go into expecting heavily developed characters. There aren't any backstories or exposition, most of the film is chaotic spectacle.

At least 75,000 African and 25,000 Arabic/Asian colonial troops fought in the battle of France.

France has serious manpower problems since 6% of french males died in WW1 and losses of spanish flu meant that there was not many children born that would be serving in the french army in 1940 20 years later.

>we need 40,000 men to go on a suicide mission to dunkirk
>we have a bunch of slaves or we can send french natives
i wonder

And which of those colonial troops fought in Belgium?

>Amerifat doesn't know his history

bumping so I can post it.

This

Friendly reminder to all butthurt Anglo faggots that the French military has the best record of any country's military

The following Colonial units took part in Belgium.

Evacd from Dunkirk,
1st Moroccan Division
1st North African Infantry Division

Fought in Belgum, but mostly did not get evacuated

2nd North African Infantry Division - mostly captured at Haubourdin
4th North African Infantry Division - might of been just south of Belgium
5th North African Infantry Division - Mostly captured at Haubourdin, remains evacuated at Dunkirk

I am missing a few of the african units but I know those units where in the area.

Tom Hardy said fuck multiple times. I mean in the context of war and one of the most horrific scenes of World War II, it makes sense they'd allow multiple times.

So that five divisions worth of Colonial forces belium, and there may have been more, just that those where the units who were in the Pocket, a few more might of fallen back the other way as there was a bunch more in northern France just across the border fighting.

How do you write an article called

>What’s Fact and What’s Fiction in Dunkirk

where you say

>and his scenes depict genuine events or hew close to firsthand accounts. And why not, since fiction could hardly outdo the drama and emotion of the reality?

And then say

>Did an RAF pilot shoot down a dive-bomber over Dunkirk while gliding?

>What do you think?

what a stupid fuck

is this movie boring a lot of critics say its boring

Not a single German was shown in this entire movie.

>yfw Harry Styles was the best

Nor do they even say "Germany", "Nazis", "Hitler", any of it. Even in the opening crawl, they call them "The Enemy". They're not the point, and I think it was the right decision.

8/10

Far better than inception and interstellar, on par with the Batman movies but not quite at Memento and prestige level

there was one black guy and all the other french trying to leave were white.

This was the loudest movie I can remember seeing in cinema in forever. The mix was loud as piss, some old folks a few rows in front covered their ears at times. I thought that was cute.
I got legit horror movie jumpscared a couple times too just by the sound. Cheap, but effective.