Is college a meme?

Is college a meme?

At this rate, its High School 2.0.

Depends on what College you go to and what you study.

Yes. Learn a trade instead.

>Of the 11.6 million jobs created after the Great Recession, 8.4 million went to those with at least a bachelor's degree, according to a new report from the Center on Education and the Workforce at Georgetown University.
>Another 3 million went to those with associate's degrees or some college education.

It's a required meme. Go to college and get college debt or get fucked.

Hopefully not im going in septembrr. Is the sjw shit a meme though? Is it really ranpant?

I didn't go to it mostly because I thought it would be a waste of money. I don't consider myself a smart person, so I thought I'd just go straight to work after high school.

Yes, majority of the people going are naive and pretentious. Take if from someone there.

>ranpant

learn a trade

If you pick a shit degree then yes its a huge meme.

But rapefugess could still take your job over diversity quotas so yeah your getting fucked either way for the most part.

For the most part no. If you are studying something you are truly passionate about (even if it's history or psychology) there are tracks for those savvy students that will lead to success.

If you are just going to do your homework and play video games because dude I'm done with HW lmao then you will not succeed in fields like history. Engineering sorta helps you have the opportunity to slack off since it's highly sought after but if you aren't a stellar student you may not succeed compared to those 4.0 students who use their college free time to study extra or talk to professors about working on projects. At very least you should network

The fuck? How do you even define a 'meme' in this context?

Well in your case it was a smart decision. I don't mean this in some smart ass way.

Do yourself a favor and join the military. Find an MOS you like, do 3 years, then get out and use your GI Bill for school.

Thank you!

>2016
>still falling for le trade maymay

where i can find girl like this ?

Yea but you can avoid those demonstrations. Some first year classes may have you do some quizzes about "hurr what is rape" "hurr we diverse n shit"

Just keep your head down and get your degree. Lots of people leave university without degrees. Don't be that autist that went full retard on leftists.

If you want to engage them then learn how to debate and have them expose their hypocrisies without going full retard. Not recommended since you can fuck up and get kicked out. Like I said keep your head down.

College is a business, and 99% of the products you purchase are worthless in the real world.

Learn a trade and prepare for the collapse.

>who is this david balrog

wat

This.

My experience is that its already stupid to go unless you are going for a specialized reason.

You can just lie on a resume, and as long as you can bullshit your way in an interview, you'll get hired.

Most jobs like this are going to have to train you regardless. So as long as you're not nigger retarded you'll be fine.

College is for suckers that think it'll help them get a job no matter what. When the reality is unless you're going to be a doctor or something its worthless.

You get more information out of your local library and its free

>le shit degree meme
It may be harder to succeed with some degrees but if you are not a 4.0 student who is super dedicated to the field, then yes your history degree is worthless. You can make excuses but it is possible to succeed with liberal arts degrees.

t. A music degree holder with 60k €/yr job

does college really suck so much that you have to question weather you should go to it?

it was a no brainer for me and i never regretted the decision.

what makes it so unappealing to Americans on this board?

what's your job?

>tfw architecture
>tfw old school

come at me, jews. l2draw

Soul crushing debt with little to no reward

What is college like over there?

She's dead user :(

Research librarian at my university. 9-5 type work.

Basically there are other liberal arts majors working on PhDs or masters. If they have a question about a bit of info it's my job to help them look through sources to find it

I'm not sure what the equivalent English title is but it definitely exists. And across different fields. I am at a liberal arts library so yea. My friend is at a medical library.

what do you mean debt? do you have to pay to goto college? are all colleges like this

that would be understandable

Over the past few years it went from being a decent idea to being a waste of money.
Why put yourself $80k in debt for a piece of paper that won't get you a job?
Companies would rather hire shitskin h1b visas and pay them half price.

I should have did this

>college
That you even call it that instead of "university" means it already is.

60k p. a.? You are getting paid by TV-L, right?

It's fucking expensive.

Certain colleges are ranked better than others, meaning more money to learn there. In reality, most would be better off just taking some community classes, and then transfer.

In order to live on campus and take classes, you'll most likely need to take out a loan, unless you are black with a 3.0 highschool gpa, in which case you will be given a full ride at Harvard.

good stuff mate, congrats.

Yes, yes it is. The best way to get a job these days is trough connections. Your education isnt gonna matter shit if the employer of the company you are trying to get a job at is good friends with some other guy that is trying to get a job there as well.

No, I got a very good liberal arts education and am now making $170k per year as an associate attorney. That said, college wasn't productive for most of my classmates. I studied English Literature and 99% of the people I went to school with are working jobs they could have gotten without college at all. I studied hard (It's easy to get by with Cs in the humanities), got internships every year, and thanks to my critical thinking skills (crucial for the LSATs) was able to get into a good law school with a generous scholarship.

Basically, it's not a meme if you actually apply yourself. If you don't then you're better off going into the trades.

Prime position for an anal rape.

There are things like scholarships and grants that help people, but you must qualify for them

The vast majority of people are taking out student loans from banks and the government to help pay for their college experience

Some colleges are very expensive. There are people putting themselves in 80K in debt for absolutely terrible educational reasons, like taking history or philosophy as a major

These people will most likely be in debt for decades in not their lives

nice trips, but what is your source of income that is equivalent if not better than a trade?

No I'm employed by the university I work at. Technically their research library

To be honest I wish I became a doctor. Telling everyone I'm a librarian isn't very impressive.

not sure how to compare to american/Canadian but ill try

its basically a large motherfucking campus with building complexes for each specialization(e.g. Computer Engineering, Quantum Physics, Micro Biology)

also there are no dorms, everyone comes and goes from their homes, since its in the Center of Tripoli anyone can reach it easily

theres a park in the middle of the campus, im not sure what else to add really

Yeah, at this point, going to college is just like a very expensive baby sitter who fills your head with all kinds fairy tales and other nonsense.

Currently being raped by college debt for Pharmacy school. Couldn't get into a college in my state and get funding because the Jews at the in-state school cram their program with every Pajeet and foreign student that they can.

That looks like an random building in a midsize Midwestern town. Your premier architectural achievements are literally on par with under-performing cities of less than 70k people in flyover states.

Yes, and the university can hire you either by TV-L or as a public official (Beamter).

Are you being paid by E13 and been there for 10 years or what?

>if you want a job in X field, go to college and get X degree
Is not a meme.
>you have to go to college because everyone does it and it's a literal requirement to earn money who cares what degree you get don't worry about what field you want to enter you'll figure it out have fun
Is a meme.

Yup. I didn't go to college and I make far more than abou of my friends who went to college except for brad who had connections and wound up as general council for nada.

History and Philosphy aren't terrible as they show a grasp of how to write and communicate.

Shit like Ethnic Studies, "Applied" Majors and some of the random sciences/health majors which require graduate work to receive employment are terrible majors.

You would not be hard pressed to find a job as a history or philosophy major.

> I had a low GPA

>It is the Jew's fault!

Dumb fag. Also you arent in Pharm school, you wish you were but you arent. If you were, you wouldnt complain about the debt. What a phony, faker loser.

A real job

Not sure how it is in Libya, but in America, college is rather expensive. A lot of people can't afford college so they get loans.

Loans = Debt.

There was a time a few decades back when a Bachelor's Degree would basically guarantee you a good paying job to pay off the loans.

Them days are gone.

Today with such a glut of those degrees on the market, the degree doesn't guarantee you a job to get you out of debt instantly.

So today, you have a lot of people in the states with Bachelor's Degrees that are sadly practically worthless on the market who are getting swamped in debt.

yes.

its only worth going to if you already know the material before hand and want to get that shitty piece of paper to go on to masters or phd.

I'm starting college this fall, going for a degree in
>criminal justice administration

how fucked am i ?

I think I'm a Beamter. Never heard of TV-L from my working.

and what about a degree from a community college? is it terrible?

also what do you mean blacks get to go for free? i mean i know they get favored for alot of things nowadays but is Harvard gonna let them attend without having to pay 80K?

sounds nice. sorry bout qaddafi

Also been here for 1.5 years. I did something similar in the United States for awhile.

People are always committing crimes so I doubt you will have a hard time find a job.

Get out now. It's not worth it.

t. pharmacist.

and where do all the jobs go? the once that does Degree's are supposed to get them into.

>is Harvard gonna let them attend without having to pay 80K?

yes

dey dindu nuffins, and dey need mo money fo dem programs.

>what about a degree from a community college?

CC is actually becoming an increasingly better decision over actual college.
Even if your degree isn't worth much, you didn't spend much on it either.

Soooooooo.....

Why not just do two years at community college and then get the last 2 years from a state school while living at home. Then you graduate debt free? Its a choice to go into debt.

Being a welder, plumber, or electrician isn't a real job?

School in general is a meme and waste of precious time. The only reason schooling was invented was because then you had to rely on knowledge. There was no Internet. Now we can find out anything we want in a matter in seconds. We should only learn basic maths, Language and reading/writing in school. Most of the stuff we learn when we are young such as geography and history is soon forgotten and it's silly to think that you will be able to remember this useless information.

This photo was taken just before she killed herself via train

still mad

that's what I was thinking. Private sector is shrinking while government expands, I think it's a sure way of getting a job straight after I get the degree or a little before

If you're not doing STEM you're wasting your life.

yoooooooo

Why'd she kill her self?

The girl in front is cute. That is all.

STEM = forever a bootlicker

Unsurprising statist scum shill it so hard.

There really isn't that much of a difference. Universities will have better resources, "better" professors and more funding for certain programs.

That and employers will likely hire someone from a known university than a cc. But even then, you'll likely still find work.

No, it's basically welfare

>what makes it so unappealing to Americans on this board?

To much money for too little rewards.

The massive inflation of college graduates are undercutting the value of the degree. A degree will no longer guarantee you a high paying job. Now all it does is get your foot in the door to the market place. Worse is you're expected to have one, because literally everyone you'll be job hunting against will have one.

Despite all this, the costs are going through the roof, mostly because of all the scholarships and handouts inflating the costs. Many schools are also forcing you to do bullshit classes like "physical education" or "8 liberal arts electives" despite working on a degree that has nothing to do with that shit. Don't forget the monopoly on school textbooks which become useless after 5 months.

The best part is almost every employer says that college degrees are almost worthless to the business itself, that all it does is prove the worker can handle a job, and all education that is actually needed is learned on the job.

Basically, a degree itself is fucking useless, but because everyone THINKS it's worth something, you NEED one to get a decent low-wage job.

Except you spent time. CCs are good for certifications I hear

>sister went to US
>went to CC
>2 year program to clean teeth
>makes 60k/yr cleaning teeth 40 hours over 4 days

Yes, 100%.

I even went for a CS degree. I'm scared what non-stem degrees look like.

Scored a 2100 on my SATs, our VD(also white male) scored a 2200 and got denied from the same school. An Indian kid in our class applied with a 2060 and got in, though he wasn't dumb and certainly deserved it. But still there was clearly no quota bias or anything there.

As for the debt part, unless you're souless volunteer to get anally reamed by a manager who doesn't understand pharmacy in a retail chain, hospital pharma doesn't pay too well in my area.

You?

There is a queue for a lot of those jobs it seems. I'm not really an expert on the subject, but that makes the most sense.

Not everyone thinks as you do.

story?

the real world industry doesn't really scale with available graduates - there are other bottlenecks and saving costs is always part of business. Previously graduates were something special and every business could use someone like that, when everyone wants to be like that it wont work.

is there a picture of the aftermath? would fap

i find that really hard to believe, even if jews are running the whole thing they will still want money

also whats the difference between CC and say Harvard? less quality education or just the degree is worth shit?

coming from the country who's schooling is handed to them by the government

don't you have to worry about getting blown up every day though

then again it's not really any different here lately

Yes, there is. Look in the thread.

It's a very respectable institution that has been meme'd for liberal brainwashing purposes.

Fuck you, yanks and euros. How do you expect my country to remain based if all the leaders are trained in your brainwashing facilities?

True
There are some benefits to going to any school though if you can get by without a full time job. All the free time, for one, plus being surrounded by ideas you don't agree with is good if it helps you hone your arguments and stuff. Mostly all the free time though

From a learning standpoint, probably.

It's needed because no one will hire you without one.

Community Colleges are small, cheap, and state run. Ivy league schools are prestigious, top-notch, and expensive.

Arguably, Community Colleges have lower quality education, but they're cheap, and most normal companies and businesses don't care. They only want a degree that says "I learned stuff!"

Harvard is an Ivy League school with a very good reputation and other Ivy League schools are very hard to get into. CC's are state funded but will accept anyone. At schools like Harvard, they have more high tech and advanced technology for their programs, where as CC's not so much.

>colombia
>blaming white people for being shit

Boyfriend left her

Typical teenage crap

That's the girl in the OP pic? Damn. I mean, I knew the story. It hits harder now, though, for some reason. Russians are weird people.