ITT: Classic movies that were never good

ITT: Classic movies that were never good.

Home Alone

fuck you senpai

>classic
>made in 2008

What?

1997 was 30 years ago dude.

this was never a classic

>1990 was 200 years ago

>2007 was 3475 years ago
>Michael jackson died 400 millennia ago

Bladerunner

>made in 2008

What film do you think the OP posted user?

so fucking boring, only faggots and sailors are called lawrence and you can guess which one this fruitcake was

Hipsters can explain their reasons as much as they like, but it's just ind of lame

>boring

Get past the first hour m8.

saving jewish ryan

avant-bait, I like it

Dead Tom is dead!

mila was a top tier qt

movie was always meh, but the visual style was amazing at its time, so it was like a 7/10

>Just sit through an hour of boredom to watch another three hours m8.

The muppets have always been boring as fuck. I hated them and all of their retarded movies when I was a kid. I have no idea how any child or adult could enjoy them.

absolute plebs

I always felt the same. People who liked the muppets always struck me as emotionally stunted.

Which one? Shihs or Kerrek?

Both, neither, who cares

For once I have to agree. The props are stellar though.

Watched this the other night and thought it was so aggravating

Fuck you.

mooltipass

Spot on, can't fucking stand the muppets.

underage

>1997 was 30 years ago

i always fall asleep or do something else whe i try to watch

What exactly makes this movie not good?

I was under the impression that it wasn't trying to be anything more than a sci fi action movie.

Dark City

>being this new

contrarian faggots

too many memes, not enough quips

Does Wayne's World count as classic? It's shit anyway.

Anatomy of A Murder
Beetlejuice
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Three Colours Trilogy

1/8

2/8

I never got why people liked Harry Potter, long before the movies came out.
Maybe it's a UK thing.

Fifth Element
Total Recall
Shawshank Redemption (ok but wildly overrated)
everything by Nolan
everything by Fincher
Leon the Professional
Old School
American History X
Back to the Future sequels
American Beauty
Oldboy

We get it. You're a contrarian queer with terrible taste. You can stop now.

this
the satire of modern american society is not as effective, visceral or brutal as it is in Showgirls or Robocop
also you "get it" very early on and afterwards the movie doesnt progress into something more than a collection of hollywood cliches

This was always good imho, jackass. Miles better than Blade Runner since it had what that boring shit was missing.

I've never read any of the books or cared to watch the movies out of my own choice but is it really such a hard concept to grasp? A school for wizards is a fun setting, and I guess it was just done well enough to keep people reading even outside of its intended age brackets.

6/8

7/8

they were comfy kids books at first then morphed into edgy young adult shit, now they remain the only books that most millennials have ever read

it's just a parody of WW2 type war propaganda films, besides how could you not get the vibe of Robocop after the first scene?

8/8

That movie about the drugs with Jonnie Depp in the car with sunnies, I tried watching it a few times but fuck it's shit.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

You ever heard of Coen borthers?

I can't get past 30 minutes of that movie.

>implying Fargo isn't one of the great American classics

Everything but the harry potter films. Which aren't only great and great compared to what reddi/tv likes but great because they trigger the anti harry potter autist who will probably respond to this with a big meme. He can't detect acting: he's megaautist.

Star Wars
Back to the Future
Schindlers List
ET

Pic related, Kubrick is an autistic hack whose glib, pseudo-intellectual movies were never good. They lacked humanity, replacing it with empty, self-referential symbolism.

That's the one!
Is it just something people used to watch stoned but never actually enjoyed past the first watch or whats the go?

Because its a self deprecating wizard fantasy dystopia. And it actually deals with magic and witchcraft unlike the lotr films.

theres alot of shit taste here

it's just brutal honesty

I like the idea of these movies too, but in reality they fall miles short

these are movies for children, not classics.

t. reddit

I've always found it to be entertaining sober or otherwise, but it's mostly just watching 2 weirdos take drugs and goof around. It's the sort of movie where some people love it and some people just don't.

i'm sure all of these accomplished, rich directors are crushed by your opinion.

really though fuck you and anyone who doesn't like Nolan's movies. They are tight, well directed, well acted, and interesting, and they will always be remembered as worthwhile cinema. Deep down you all know you are just being an edgy contrarian to fit in in this miscreant board, and I only wish you the best because your sad, miserable existence is honestly punishment enough.

>the director is rich therefore you can't dislike his movie

great point 2bh

the news footage and the commercials in Robocop followed the story nicely,while the ones in ST only repeated info we already know
not to mention that they were way too cartoony, while the news in Robocop were much more realistic

oh and also it's more of a satire of american foreign policy and american society in general, than a parody of WW2 propaganda films

yes
no, just watched it yesterday; wish this movie never existed though because the sequels are the worst movies I've seen
meh
Contrarians
Harry Potter is for actual babbies and shouldn't even be called literature.

>one of the greatest movies ever made
>its ok
to be honest its just you bro, you just have retarded opinions

An appeal to authority, followed by a plebian opinion combined with a personal attack? You sure showed me

This part was pretty cool.

>t. I don't understand gonzo journalism

Read the book first, then watch the movie. If you like the first twenty pages of the book you will probably read the rest without putting it down.

Shihs looks like a cool kung-fu film

Seriously though, fuck this movie.

This guy gets it, LoA is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It's half the movie Spartacus is and came out years after it.

>Shawshank Redemption is one of the greatest movies ever made
back to IMDB faggot

Shawshank is an epic reddit feels movie, too schlocky and full of simplistic kitsch to be considered good even

but please, keep confusing having an informed opinion with a purely emotional response

That movie was actually pretty good.

This on the other hand...

Not even memeing. I see this movie dickridden everywhere I look like it's some infallible masterpiece, and absolutely nothing in that movie ever convinced me it was remotely close to being one. Honestly outside of the Bruce Willis story (which I liked and was actually pretty memorable) PF was just plain boring with some really cheesy dialogue.

Funny, I felt the exact opposite. Loved FMJ, hated The Shining, and I really love Jack Nicholson.

Why do people have such strong opinions about this movie? I thought it was pretty blah. Also it's more of a Stephen King book than a Kubrick movie. All of King's movies are faithful to his books. If you have any issue with this movie then you have an issue with Stephen King.

And if you don't like Kubrick why not post a picture of 2001 instead of The Shining?

Great is the shitpost that baits on its own

>American History X
Only one of those I actually agree with.
>racism is bad because if you are a nazi there's a slight chance of you being gangraped by other nazis for being a race traitor
>but it's totally okay if a black kid shoots a white kid

Welcome to Sup Forums, where half the posts are contrarian bate. Enjoy your stay.

reddit

North by Northwest. Everyone phoned it in on that film.