How are they going to ruin it Sup Forums?

How are they going to ruin it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsIyJ8O6qnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>5′ 10″
It's already ruined

Well its Netflix so some social justice bullshit will be thrown in but still i'm looking foward to it. I liked the punisher of the Daredevil series so should be pretty good

Comic Frank's normally listed as being around about 6'1 so big shoes and camera work should fix the height difference.

pic related is supposed to be Frank's veteran friend and best buddy. He is in every single one of the 13 episodes.

Tbh, 6' 1" is good for imposing figure but aren't most spec ops guys shorter than that? Being 5'10, 5'11" seems more advantageous for sneaky beaky imo

Literally looks like a young Idris Elba

This is some reverse Wolverine shit.

He was literally the best part from the second season of Daredevil

I hope they make it isolated from the other Netflix shows, maybe have a little cameo and all that but do not connect the stories and characters because I haven't seen the other shows and I probably never will
I like this guy as a solo man

*Sigh*. Shoehorning niggers in every single mvie.

No, they don't choose based on height. Whoever makes it through the pipeline gets it.

They will cast an actual Vietnam war veteran in the role.

>I hope they make it isolated from the other Netflix shows, maybe have a little cameo and all that but do not connect the stories and characters because I haven't seen the other shows and I probably never will
>I like this guy as a solo man
They already teased that he's going to be in The Defenders. There's a 2 second clip (pic related) where he says "Looks like I got here just in time!" and the delivery is cringe.

>mvie
Maybe you should have shoehorned a book into your fucking childhood.

Should cast rich piana instead

Source punisher max issue 71

This is supposed to be Rawlins, a CIA affiliated psychopathic, international criminal.

The bad guys will be nazis and kkk in New York.

>Should cast rich piana instead
He's obviously already playing a Marvel character

oh really?

He's supposed to be a drooling lunatic with a swastika carved in his forehead?

This. Certain roles may be better suited for height though, like MG.

>Do I look like some kind of idiot?!
What did he mean by this?

Well fuck me

Now I'm starting to think the first season of the Punisher will basically be his point of view or side of the events in The Defenders
After Iron Fist bombed can't they tone it down a little bit with the netflix universe bullshit?

Hope I'm wrong and his show is his own thing and has nothing to do with the other shit

This is supposed to be Frank Castle Jr.

When is it airing?

>"It is different than the other Marvel shows insofar as it is an adult drama. There are no superpowers. You know the Punisher is a character who is based on vengeance, fundamentally. His family was victims of some horrific thing, but the character himself is well-known and the way that they approach it is very different from the other shows."

Shouldn't be. There are too many non-defenders affiliated people in the Punisher cast.

Seems to be November.

It will be too long like all of the marvel netflix shows.

My biggest fear is that it will get drawn into all the other silly shit the universe is involved with. I just want Frank doing some street level crime fighting. No ninjas and no getting involved in some grand conspiracy that leads to set up for some other show.

Gee I wonder what his gf his wife is going to look like

they already fucked it up, they must unfuck it up to get it good again

How? and how?

all sorts of out of character shit coming from castle, he whines all the time it's really bad. again i'm sure non fans will not notice but it's shit.

I'm sure she will be a proud woman of color and that color will be blonde.

You are now aware that gender-traditional relationships with a masculine man and a feminine woman are really only portrayed when they're BM/WF

Mel Gibson should play the Punisher
Even better if he also directs

>You are now aware that gender-traditional relationships with a masculine man and a feminine woman are really only portrayed when they're BM/WF
Are we just gonna let them get away with it?

unnecessary cameos
youtube.com/watch?v=AsIyJ8O6qnE

I like the actor choice and enjoyed his performance in the second season of DD. I enjoyed DD & Luke Cage for what they were, they seemed to at least have a good understanding of their subject, so I hope the same goes for the Punisher. I think Marvel & Netflix should see this as a chance to venture into really dark material.

>10 cents has been added to your account

I like the actor they got, he can pull off the "dark vibe" pretty good. DD season 2 would have been complete shit without him. Haven't seen any of the other Marvel shows, but the stills from Defenders with Murdock wrapping a short around his head look stupid as hell. We'll see.

this.
keep it grounded and contained. no sailor moon transformations or city destroying blue lasers shooting into the sky. as someone who watches flash and AoShield on and off I can appreciate that typical cape shit fluffy stuff, but punisher works best within human limits.

Yeah, Frank doesn't associate with nigs, am I right?

There is only one true Punisher!

Jane couldn't pull off intimidating well enough. Plus that script was garbage.

Did a much better job in the game. He has the best Punisher voice. Bernthal is bent on growling. There's a calm edge that Jane brought when he voiced the character.

Will this make it in the final cut?

>it will get drawn into all the other silly shit the universe is involved with. I just want Frank doing some street level crime fighting. No ninjas and no getting involved in some grand conspiracy that leads to set up for some other show.
My biggest problem with Gotham. I wish it was Gordon fighting the mafia, gangs, corruption criminals and the occasional eccentric villain or nod to a secret organization while Bruce does young Bruce things.

Yes really. You are confusing Garth Ennis with (((Disney))).

>mfw Jane is my favorite Punisher
>mfw I liked the movie too

No way will they do that. If they do, I guarantee it will be one of those multi ethnic gangs like The Warriors.

This guy is a good actor and can play a great asshole.

And his name was Ray Stevenson.

Best voice, that's for sure.

He had the build. Everything between the next moment of violence was a waste of time.

Excess character drama will kill it.

I must break you.

This and only this

first
second

I wouldn't go that far because Hugh Jackman was an entire foot taller than the character, this is just a few inches

By having 13 episodes.
Should be 8 or at most 10.
I have no idea why they insist on stretching these out to 13 episodes when Netflix don't need to run ads.

that bitch working for daredevil on their law firm

Being too long and clogged with mopey preachy bullshit. The Punisher is going to be a wet cunt standing around and making rambling mumbling speeches about MY CITY.

By making him like Deadpool.

Which was the best

Ray without a doubt. Warzone did the Ennis books justice.

It's already ruined by having a jew play the only noteworthy italian american superhero.

>Comic tier
Stevenson

>Meh tier
Jane

>Shit tier
Dolph

>Punishane gets shot
>somehow ends up under Claire's care

> formula love interest of Frank Castle
> create a empathetic Frank Castle
> give Frank Castle altruistic / tender motivations

Frank Castle is a goddamned madman being the super charged Bernie Goetz through New York. Anything less than that and they fucked him like all five of the Wolverine origin movies

Not even with a rented dick

>best buddy
welp

this is 616 punisher though, not MAX
the best we'll get is a few snips borrowed from ennis punisher

After watching Baby Driver, I started thinking that Jon Hamm would be better as The Punisher. Bernthal is great, but he's kinda too much "in your face" tough.

>Frank not being empathetic
In regards to motive, I've had mixed feelings about the whole "I have a stiffy for war," bit. But it does make sense as Frank is the action hero taken to its extreme conclusion. Take Die Hard for example, there's no way John was going to be a family man after the shit he went through in that movie.

Did they make the MAX line out of 616 continuity? That's kind of a shame.

Didn't he have a love interest in one of the MAX comics?

It generally was that way with Ennis doing what he pleased. Aaron's run however was completely clear that 616 and Max were distinct.

He did and he's always been a sexual t-rex. Only Rucka made him celibate.

by not casting thomas jane

It'll be super edgy and gory but not actually have the disturbing aspects of the best Garth Ennis stories, the stuff that makes them really get under your skin. Can you imagine them actually putting something as rough as "The Slavers" on people's screens? It'll never happen. It's going to be recognizably in the lineage of shit like Daredevil and Jessica Jones but with even more wangst.

More of a fuck buddy, but it's implied they stated to have feelings before she died. He also probably fucked Elektra

He also has been with hookers.

Man, that arc would be kino as fuck if done right.

>MG
What's that?

>tfw we'll never get a grimdark4u Slavers adaptation

Fuck yes it would. Perfect setup to anyone who doesn't know the punisher either. As long as they stay away from Ennis towards the end of his run when he was killing CEO's

Considering how all the Netflix MCU heroes so far have either been strongly anti-killing villains or have only killed their villains as a last resort, how's Frank going to mesh with the existing morals?

How evil are Frank's villains going to be?

I always thought Thomas Jane had a badass sounding voice. It's a shame that he doesn't get recognition. At least Dirty Laundry was pretty cool.

>Manlet
Nope

When the FUCK is it coming already goddamn?? FUCK

Mercy bullets

you're a big funny man

Frank looks pretty /fa/ there.

>"For you."
What did Frank mean by this?

>apocalypse time line was best in comic book history
>they fuck it up in movie
>not even cable
>not even bishop
>no virus
>no time traveling
>90% of film was GURL POWER

By having Frank shoot an innocent. It's coming and I'll be annoyed by it.

they make punisher sympathize with antifa

>Daredevil and Jessica Jones but with even more wangst

Not even possible.