twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post Irish tanks or I will shoot!

Yes sir Mr. Putin.

>another Sinn Féin member resigns due to bullying
What's going on in SF?

Cute

Only Poi knows.

archive.fo/GaJG3
>'Chemtrail' conspiracy theorists: The people who think governments control the weather
Completely unrelated to /éire/, but came across this yesterday. These people are insane:

>""I was actually on a website. It was a very young girl, she wasn't even ten years old. She talked about the spraying going on in our skies and the fact she was so sad because she didn't want to go outside and the skies were no longer blue and we were being sprayed. Why would such a young child be sharing this information if it wasn't truthful?"

Has anybody ever come across somebody in Ireland who believes in this sort of thing?

I started reading through that article and saw
>The saga of 'Pizzagate': The fake story that shows how conspiracy theories spread
I guess I shouldn't be surprised the people in power are discrediting pizzagate as fake despite the abundance of evidence that it's real.

meant for

That's a fine looking tank. Is that at the Curragh?

Speaking of conspiracies, I was just thinking in the shower what if there is a lot of estrogen and the fluoride actually is effecting us and other crazy stuff in our water system.
What if the reason I am a huge effeminate faggot knacker is because I've been drinking 1 litre of tap water or more for the past 8 years.
That'd be pretty funny but impossible because I am immune to such things and I am a one in a million special case that is better than everybody and desu im not even sure how i exist.

Posting music: youtube.com/watch?v=mLAw5bFFnz8

>Completely unrelated to /éire/, but came across this yesterday. These people are insane:
You'd be surprised he makes those videos every day
youtube.com/watch?v=T7rCKU-NiL4
It's called Belgium

good post

Genocide in Limerick City
youtube.com/watch?v=ydk-Q35Woeo

My boy Patrick can be a bit dramatic from time to time,but some of his videos are very amusing especially the one where he goes to the dole bureau with his dog and starts yelling at everyone

this is so weird

they're jet engines and expel water vapour, how can people be so paranoid and wilfully stupid

they're nice to look at though

He really does sound like the consummate expert on the topic alright.

>the dole bureau
Fancy.

>crazy stuff in our water system
This is ridiculous because amount of chemicals needed would probably be massive and thus easy for someone working in water treatment plants or wherever to notice.
Also it wouldn't affect many people in rural areas as they get their water from springs and private wells which would be almost impossible for a government to contaminate.

>Pikatyusha
Really fucking cute!

>What's going on
New SF members joining the party for it's current liberal outlook but forgetting the party is first and foremost an Irish republican one and if they don't fully adhere to that they can get the fuck out.
And yes, I did just make all that up.

Reminder to vote for SF unless you want abortion on demand.

>Also it wouldn't affect many people in rural areas as they get their water from springs and private wells which would be almost impossible for a government to contaminate.
No, most of them get them from reservoirs.

>most of them get them from reservoirs
Those are called village dwellers "user", or alternatively townie-lites.

He even made a video for Poi
youtube.com/watch?v=PANewf4vTUU
>Fancy.
Did I say somthing wrong?
Also,thanks for the double (You) kind sir

>Did I say somthing wrong?
Office would have been a better choice of word. Bureau exists in English, but it has a slightly different meaning than in French (depending on the context).

Just because you lived on a farm with a well doesn't preclude that the vast majority of rural people source their water through public channels.

>It has a slightly different meaning
I believed that you would use bureau for everything that you can just walk-in,like a bank,a governement institution or something,and office more for a place where people work who usually don't talk to the customers directly
Thanks for clearing that up

I made it about a year into this guys uploads before quitting. Christ what a mental case.

youtube.com/watch?v=gT-EhpyhmSA
youtube.com/watch?v=00OIYs07uNo

Good double

Shut up.

>I believed that you would use bureau for everything that you can just walk-in,like a bank,a governement institution or something,and office more for a place where people work who usually don't talk to the customers directly
That would be a logical assumption, but "office" is far more general of a term in English. You'd only see "bureau" used for very specific types of business/institution (or if you were referring to a particularly fancy desk, but that's not common).

>the vast majority of rural people source their water through public channels
I was just joking user and taking a dig at townie-lites. I'm well aware plenty of people don't have private wells.
Would be curious to see the stats for group schemes vs. private supplies though. There isn't any group schemes in my locality, though I know there are some in neighbouring parishes.

Downloading a film my psychiatrist mentioned they'd seen.

What film? Why does you psychiatrist talk about movies?
Mine just seemed relieved I had nothing to complain about.
She was like "so you have nothing to talk about right now?" thank god, and let out a sigh of relief.
Even though it was my first time ever meeting her. She was a random stand in. Nice good and all.
I did have plenty of things wrong I just couldnt be arsed talking about it.
Just wanted my benzo script.

>Really fucking cute!
They do work well together.

>She was like "so you have nothing to talk about right now?" thank god, and let out a sigh of relief
Is it not their job to listen to people's problems? Seems a bit unprofessional.

>She was like "so you have nothing to talk about right now?" thank god, and let out a sigh of relief.
I don't think that happened, AA.

The Red Turtle. I guess they were trying to relate to me since I watch anime.

I find all psychiatrists to be incompetent desu. Dunno why I bother.

It did but it's not how you interpret it. Cunt.
She mimicked it and it wasnt directed at me as such. Just kind of a general thing. She seemed under pressure.

haha a dog

>Amhrán na bhFiann
>The lyrics been criticised by some commentators for alleged outdatedness, militarism, and anti-British sentiment

That's why we have to use Ireland's Call for all-island teams like in rugby.

>video starts with ducklings swimming away in fear
They're wise animals so they are.

Went into my grandfathers house to get some old tax and medical expenses from him so we could file for some returns as he's not able to do it himself.
got a box of receipts a fuck ton of other shite
>box of condoms inside.
Good thing I spotted those and removed before my mam did. That would have been awkward for both of them.

Now I'm sitting here with 2 condoms in my bathroom drawers. God knows how old they are. Going to bin them I think, because not like I'd have a use for them.

rate my dinner.

>Ireland's Call
I didn't really mind this too much before, but in the past few years it has really started to irk me.
Going to Paris and hearing the French belt out La Marseillaise, whilst we hum a artificial manufactured song that can't even be called our national anthem. Add to that the Irish rugby flag being draped alongside the French tricolore, an actual flag with meaning and significance. I probably wouldn't mind if they played the two anthems like they do for home games. Is there a reason they can't do this?
God knows what we are going to do with the anthem, and possibly flag, upon reunification though. They may claim it's too militaristic and offensive, plus they'd prefer it be in English.
I don't know many other songs in Irish but Mo Ghille Mear is nice, though it would probably piss off Unionists for a couple of different reasons.

>dinner
Is that a burger bun on the left? If so looks a bit underdone.
Chips look nice but you lose a load of marks for the coleslaw, disgusting.

Poor bread game.

>Is that a burger bun on the left?
It's a fallafel burger and yes that is a bun. What do you mean the bun looks underdone?
There was nothing else in the house.

I've read one or two stories saying that members left due to not receiving nominations, co-opts or promotions within the party, and used the reason of internal conflict and bullying in order to drum up a bit of attention and create an uproar.
We haven't really heard sufficient detail for most of the cases so I wouldn't jump in to aid or back up either side or make definitive accusations.

>Catríona Perry cutting into Keelin half a second after she finished her sentence

>hearing the French belt out La Marseillaise, whilst we hum a artificial manufactured song that can't even be called our national anthem
That struck me as well. I know the French are known for being nationalistic but there was a strong contrast.
>God knows what we are going to do with the anthem, and possibly flag, upon reunification though
It bothers me that the flag was designed around peace between both sides but the partition ensured it would only represent one side.
>plus they'd prefer it be in English
If we did have to make a new anthem for reunification then it'd likely have a version in both languages. Remember that Amhrán na BhFiann was originally written in English.
>probably piss off Unionists
Unionists will be pissed off by reunification no matter what.

>Catríona Perry cutting into Keelin half a second after she finished her sentence
Saw that. Doubt she'll last the year desu.
>it'd likely have a version in both languages
Think they'd want it primarily in English, otherwise they wouldn't be able to sing it.
Suppose Irish would also have to become an optional subject in schools.

would it really have been that awkward? Yer grandad liked to shag his wife without having another kid. No big deal

Didn't feed the dog or set the fire today

Feed your dog you animal abusing knacker dolescum fuck.

Didn't set the dog on fire today

nah

Hope your dog dies.

Fired the dog today

think he got another job as a cat somewhere

>I didn't really mind this too much before, but in the past few years it has really started to irk me.
Exact same here. At first I thought it was a serviceable anthem for the all-Ireland team, but in recent years I've been getting actively annoyed by how designed-by-committee and mealy-mouthed it is.

>I probably wouldn't mind if they played the two anthems like they do for home games
I find that to be worse for some reason. Irrational, I know - but it's like presenting a lovely home-cooked dinner and a McDonalds meal side-by-side and claiming that they are both of equal merit.

>Is there a reason they can't do this?
I think WR time constraints is the simple answer.

>God knows what we are going to do with the anthem, and possibly flag, upon reunification though
Our flag is a bit shite, but it has international recognition that punches above our weight as a country due to cultural reasons. But if they even try to touch the anthem, I'll be off to join whatever variation of the IRA pops up to fill the gap in the market.

Her quest for dominance begins.

>I know the French are known for being nationalistic but there was a strong contrast.
Le Marseillaise is a god-tier anthem to be fair, and ever single French person above a certain age knows it by heart. That's one of the big weaknesses of Amhrán na BhFiann.

>If we did have to make a new anthem for reunification then it'd likely have a version in both languages
It sounds shite in English though.

How do I convince me mum that I have no classes in uni tomorrow?

>Think they'd want it primarily in English
Not Ulster Scots?

>Yer grandad liked to shag his wife without having another kid. No big deal
Very Protestant attitude there. Next you'll be suggesting that we should let the priests marry.

Tell her you have no uni classes?
Is your "mum" going to force you to go into uni? hahahaha what a child.

She's very untrustworthy of me

In all honesty,I like Ireland's call desu

i'll keep her too busy to be asking questions ;)

Too bad it and the Comet were obsolete when they got them. The Scorpion recon vehicles are of more use now almost 50 years after they first came out than the WW2 tanks were when they got them.

>WR time constraints
These constraints don't apply at home then I take it.
Argument will also be made of New Zealand being able to do the haka and we having legitimate cultural and political reasons for having two.
>Our flag is a bit shite
You've probably discussed this before but which one would you prefer replace it? The Presidential seal with a harp on a blue background?
>if they even try to touch the anthem
I think I'd be more upset with them trying to change the flag than the anthem. Is is supposed to represent both communities after all.
A really bad national anthem replacement or a really good new flag might make me change my mind though.
>be off to join whatever variation of the IRA pops up
Going to war over a song desu? Not sure if that's the best idea.
>Le Marseillaise is a god-tier anthem
Not sure if anyone can beat the welsh anthem in terms of passion though.

>I like Ireland's call
It's shit though. Now amach with you.

>The Scorpion recon vehicles are of more use now almost 50 years after they first came out than the WW2 tanks were when they got them.
The Comet was considered to be a suitable tank for the needs of the Irish Army though.

Don't ever speak positively of the Welsh in my presence

>The Comet was considered to be a suitable tank for the needs of the Irish Army though.
What? Driving to the shops and back at the Curragh?

>Don't ever speak positively of the Welsh
Why's that? And for the record their anthem and singing of it is about the only thing I respect about them.
They had one job desu, rid these isles of the Sacsanach menace and they failed spectacularly.

Tell her to fuck off.

>It's shit though. Now amach with you.
Well of course I don't have the connection the Irish have to their national language and of course there would have been better songs,but in terms of "how it sounds" I like it
>amach
Amach with you
>Not sure if anyone can beat the welsh anthem in terms of passion though.
Fiji desu

Tell her to fuck off

Comet would have been okay, because it wasn't designed to be a slow heavily armoured tank from an era with much less firepower. But the Comet was nearing the end of its relevance the year they bought it (1959), they didn't buy enough spares when they got it, nor of course did they have any military industry to keep them operational themselves, and the *nglish obviously weren't making any more due to how obsolete they were.
Buying obsolete equipment and not putting any money into their repair or upkeep is the worst economic strategy.

If they'd really wanted a decent light tank for a decent army they could have bought something like the AMX-13. Or put more effort into procurement than accepting *ngland's hand-me-downs.

>in terms of "how it sounds"
I don't like how it sounds at all, too repetitive and not very hearty.
"IRELAND IRELAND STANDING TALL ANSWER THE CALL FOUR PROUD PROVINCES AND DUBLIN"
>Fiji
Who? This a breed of dog desu?

>enters thread
>no Celtic language being spoken
why

amach leat anois

It feels great when being belted out by a packed stadium at a home game, but that's just it - it's a good song, but not a good national anthem.

>These constraints don't apply at home then I take it.
They do, but I think the realistic concern was that the Irish fans would get pissy if they couldn't have their real anthem at home.

>Argument will also be made of New Zealand being able to do the haka and we having legitimate cultural and political reasons for having two.
Good point. Do we not have the two anthems at RWC games though?

>You've probably discussed this before but which one would you prefer replace it?
No idea to be honest. As I said, it's better that we keep it at this stage anyway.

>Going to war over a song desu? Not sure if that's the best idea.
Gotta go to war about something.

>I don't like how it sounds at all, too repetitive
Our anthem sounds like it was originally written in prose ,there's no repetition at all and they always use very high voices to sing it making it sound much worse
>not very hearty
Well that's up to the crowd in my experience
Do you have a different song to propose as "united Ireland" anthem?

I'm not sure what the exact requirements were, but I've read a number of sources that indicate that the Army was happy with the Comet as it met whatever requirements they had of a tank at the time.

Everything you're saying is correct, but I'm not seeing how any of it implies that the Comet was not suitable for the needs of the Irish Army at the time.

>If they'd really wanted a decent light tank for a decent army they could have bought something like the AMX-13
My personal dislike of the AMX-13 aside, that's not actually a bad suggestion at all.

>Or put more effort into procurement than accepting *ngland's hand-me-downs.
Acquiring obsolete British equipment isn't objectively a bad procurement move for a country like Ireland (we still do it today). We just need to ensure that there is a means of acquiring sufficient spares when required.

>Do we not have the two anthems at RWC games though
Almost certain that we don't. Watching the match at the weekend though I was sort of demoralised. There the French are with passion and emotion and us just there humming along. Wonder if it bothers the players, or maybe they like not being emotional just before the start of games.
>Gotta go to war about something
How about for a decent political ideology like Communism? Also wouldn't you then be involved in a civil war and thus labelled a traitor?

>they always use very high voices to sing it
I hate anthems sung by a singer. A national anthem is the people's song, let them sing it and not some soprano or tenor.
>Do you have a different song to propose as "united Ireland" anthem
Well I'd be fine with the current one and am open to suggestions. I mentioned the following one earlier, though if Unionists were to read the meaning and history behind they mightn't be too pleased.
youtube.com/watch?v=zxjvNUNXhkU

>wouldn't you then be involved in a civil war and thus labelled a traitor?
You're only a traitor if you lose.

>There the French are with passion and emotion and us just there humming along
Well, the French were there in much larger numbers to be fair. What I find demoralising is when at home games, Ireland's Call is sung with more passion than our actual National Anthem.

>You're only a traitor if you lose
The modern republican and loyalist organisations have much more means of fighting than the old dried up "nationalists" who only recognise the achievements of those who fought during 1916.

>French were there in much larger numbers to be fair
At least 90% of their team were singing it though, unlike ours.
>Ireland's Call is sung with more passion than our actual National Anthem
I thought that to be the case as well, but is it always true? Probably helps that it is the second song which is probably more significant. Soccer fans probably sing the national anthem better as well.

daddy is home i was scared there for a while :)

Had a shower lads

>My personal dislike of the AMX-13 aside, that's not actually a bad suggestion at all.
Why do you dislike it?
I don't know enough about the bad sides to discount it, but if we'd bought AMX-13s in 1959, they could still be in service today with a little planning, as they do in many countries still today.
The only brand new alternative available in 1959 that I can think of would have been the M41, and that was a more conventional design that was less popular and likely would have had more US strings attatched.
Other than that the alternative choice in terms of hand-me-downs would have been between the M24 Chaffee and the Sherman. Urugay still has Chaffees today, and at the time, there would have been European Nato countries getting rid of 46 of them (Austria got rid of them in 1966 for example).

In terms of defence spending, we should be looking for inspiration from two places, South America and Scandinavia desu.

First shower in a week yeah?

>t.Volkssturm 2.0
Remember that game where Luxembourg played in Marseille in a full stadium with only 40 supporters 0-0
Well the National anthem is on the Irish school curriculum isn't it?
What else would you propose people do to increase the amount of singers?

Elaborate?

More or less.

>Elaborate
Hypocrisy.

I'm well aware of the shortcomings of "nationalists", I'm more curious about what the rest of your post is referring to.

Disgusting.

Did any1 else know dolores o riordan is dead? Like wtaf?

Nah, she'll be back as a zombie now.

Ahhhh!!!! Honey? Oh honey!

Never heard of her don't care desu (no disrepect towards the death, just her celebrity status).